Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #151
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Dear Diary,

It has been close to 8 days since my last post, those faithful at FOFC are still probably hanging on with baited breath to see what I accomplish, little do they know my shame...I have a fear, a fear of the next number, I just can't bring myself to write it, speak it or even look at it.

Please help me, the masses need it.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #152
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
If Behind the Music is any guide, Subby will peak in another few days with great progress. Then he won't post for a few days before a picture surfaces with him in front of a convenience store toilet, clock striking midnight with a giant spoon in one hand and an empty half gallon of ice cream in the other. Then he'll see the error of his ways and we'll have a redemption story. Finally, he'll finish up this dynasty, which will not be as popular as before and "fans" will all talk about how he sold out and how he sucks ever since gettting out of Ben and Jerry's rehab.

SI

I predict that I was right

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #153
Kodos
Resident Alien

26. No more abandoning things mid-stream.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #154
Subby
lolzcat

DAY 26

This is what happens when you relapse. You pretend a lot. You conveniently forget shit. You make a crazy number of excuses. You stay embarrassed.

I wish I could explain it. Maybe I was too optimistic trying to come up with a random number like 30. I mean, I am probably not going to list scratching my balls in public or staring at high school girls' asses or ninja-picking my nose as bad habits. I don't want those read into the public record (THOSE ARE JUST EXAMPLES OF COURSE!)

Anyway, 25 is a pretty solid, round number. So maybe I try and stick with this list for a week. In the past week, I have fallen asleep on the couch three times. Eaten about 500 Oreo cookies and 5 gallons of ice cream. Sucked down a cream soda. Stopped riding my bike to work.

How's that working out for me?

One fat bitch. That's how.

So here's the challenge. Take these 25 bad habits. Don't do them for one week.

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and see if I can actually make some progress.

1. No soda.
2. No Starbucks.
3. No Convenience Stores.
4. No ice cream. (unless out with family, then only small)
5. No eating after 8pm.
6. No staying up late. (10p week/11p weekend)
7. No cookies.
8. No buying breakfast.
9. No candy bars.
10. No gorging pizza (2 pieces max)
11. No food from work kitchen.
12. No sleeping in (out of bed at 6am).
13. No skipping exercise (30 min per day cardio min.)
14. No sports drinks (unless after exercise)
15. No more caffeine abuse (2 drinks per day max)
16. No eating in the car.
17. No neglecting oral hygiene.
18. No burgers AND fries.
19. No computer addiction (no computer at home, 1 hour on weekend).
20. No television addiction (3 hours per night, 15 per week).
21. No seconds.
22. No restaurant desserts.
23. No donuts.
24. No popcorn.
25. No buying lunch.

How hard can this be? Honestly. I have got to stop being a mewling twat.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #155
Subby
lolzcat

And - of course - apologies for leaving everyone high and dry for a week +. Selfish addicts are selfish.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 09-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #156
Subby
lolzcat

DAY 27

It's 8:45am and I have already managed to fuck up much of my list. I woke up at 6:40am. LAZY. I drooped my kid off at school instead of making him walk. INSTILLING LAZINESS. I stopped by the bagel place and grabbed breakfast. FINANCIAL LAZINESS. I ate said breakfast in my car on the way to work. SLOPPY MANBOOBS SNARFDOWN.

And the best part.

I ATE TWO MOTHERFUCKING BAGELS.

Why? Now I am bloated and cranky, dealing with my man period and ready to kill anything that crosses me while I am flying high from my carb-enduced rage. Maybe the crazy homeless zombie people that snorted bath salts topped that off with multiple bagels because right now I feel like if someone looked at me the wrong way I WOULD EAT THEIR FACE.

So let's see...day just starting and I have violated the following:

8. No buying breakfast.

I also didn't bother to put together any kind of meal this morning before I sprinted out the door, so I will also be violating this:

25. No buying lunch.

Hey dumbass - buying lunch makes you fatter and poorer. Clinical studies show that the fat and poor DO NOT SUCCEED IN THIS LIFE.

I am going to die in the next five years and my pissed off kids are going to pass on reviving me for the opportunity to punch me in the balls as hard as they can. BECAUSE I AM A FUCKING SELFISH ASSHOLE.

Four down, twenty-one to go. Tomorrow I weigh myself.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #157
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
DAY 26
I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and see if I can actually make some progress.

FAIL: Weighing self on Tuesday morning

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-11-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #158
Dutch
"Dutch"

Good lord, obviously I need to stop by the Dynasty pages more often. This has been an earth-shattering good read. Now stop fucking around and follow your goddamned rules!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #159
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

This is spectacular. Also, does Subby remind anyone of Drew Magary?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #160
MIJB#19
Coordinator

You can do it, Subby!
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #161
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

*kicks the carcass of this once great thread*

It burned too bright, too quickly, I suppose

SI

Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #162
Subby
lolzcat

DAY #(*&

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

1. No soda.
2. No Starbucks.
3. No Convenience Stores.
4. No ice cream. (unless out with family, then only small)
5. No eating after 8pm.
6. No staying up late. (10p week/11p weekend)
7. No cookies.
8. No buying breakfast.
9. No candy bars.
10. No gorging pizza (2 pieces max)
11. No food from work kitchen.
13. No skipping exercise (30 min per day cardio min.)
14. No sports drinks (unless after exercise)
15. No more caffeine abuse (2 drinks per day max)
17. No neglecting oral hygiene.
18. No burgers AND fries.
19. No computer addiction (30 minutes of computer at home, 1 hour on weekend).
20. No television addiction (3 hours per night, 15 per week).
21. No seconds.
22. No restaurant desserts.
23. No donuts.
24. No popcorn.
25. No buying lunch unless its a salad.

Yeah, so here I am 7 months later. Seven months wasted, weighing basically the exact same that I did when I started this. I got all the way up to 225 at the beginning of the year and have wrangled that back down to around 209, but really, should be a lot less. I am actually exercising more than ever (biking to work, occasionally going for long rides during the weekend). However, my absolute inability to be disciplined about ANYTHING is keeping me in the land of pinkish, chubby, middle-aged twats. What am I rocking today? You guessed it! GOLF SHIRT AND KHAKIS.

I am going to try and stick to this list this week, and maybe split it into a do and don't list. Every week I will add something new. Or maybe I won't. But I need to stop fucking around and lose weight, get strong, get healthy.

LET'S GO.

Last edited by Subby : 04-29-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #163
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
If Behind the Music is any guide, Subby will peak in another few days with great progress. Then he won't post for a few days before a picture surfaces with him in front of a convenience store toilet, clock striking midnight with a giant spoon in one hand and an empty half gallon of ice cream in the other. Then he'll see the error of his ways and we'll have a redemption story. Finally, he'll finish up this dynasty, which will not be as popular as before and "fans" will all talk about how he sold out and how he sucks ever since gettting out of Ben and Jerry's rehab.

SI

Still betting on this outcome

SI

Old 04-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #164
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Make a rule: "No Golf Shirts and Khakhis."
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #165
QuikSand
lolzcat

For you, I wish success and good health.

For me, I wish for continued greatness from this thread.

DELIVER ME
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #166
Kodos
Resident Alien

Awesome, baby!

If it makes you feel better, I have been stuck in suckiness for the past half year too.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #167
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Make a rule: "No Golf Shirts and Khakhis."

Golf shirts and khakis are awesome though. I am lucky enough to get to wear jeans to work, but I can't wear t-shirts. So I wear jeans, golf shirt, and tennis shoes.

The only issue with golf shirts are your nips are visible from outer space.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #168
Subby
lolzcat

DAY 1
FAILURE

Oh we start off with such good intentions. Then 7pm rolls around and GOD tells me to send my kid to the snackbar to get a Diet Coke and Snickers. THANKS GOD. Then I get home from my kid's game and settle in on the couch to watch baseball and decide that eating three servings of nuts at 9pm would be a good idea. Again, I probably would have DIED OF STARVATION if I hadn't eaten right then. LIVES SAVED: 1.

I can't move forward until I get EVERYTHING right. Everything. Here is how it went yesterday:

1. No soda. - Fuck me, one diet coke. FAIL.
2. No Starbucks. - Avoided!
3. No Convenience Stores. - Avoided!
4. No ice cream. (unless out with family, then only small) - Avoided!
5. No eating after 8pm. - Nuts in my mouth on the couch. So salty. FAIL.
6. No staying up late. (10p week/11p weekend) Fall asleep on couch, shamble up to bed at 11:30pm. FAIL.
7. No cookies. Avoided!
8. No buying breakfast. Brought oatmeal to work and ate it. Success!
9. No candy bars. Useless Snickers jammed down my piehole. FAIL.
10. No gorging pizza (2 pieces max). No pizza to gorge. Success!
11. No food from work kitchen. Shitty selection in work kitchen. AVOIDED!
12. No sleeping in (out of bed at 6am). Out of bed at 5:05am. Success!
13. No skipping exercise (30 min per day cardio min.) I have this one on lockdown. Rode to and from work yesterday for a total of 26 miles, 105 minutes, 1,000 calories.
14. No sports drinks (unless after exercise) Avoided!
15. No more caffeine abuse (2 drinks per day max) Semi-fail. Work coffee so shitty that I drank a bunch of half cups which probably totaled more than 2.
16. No eating in the car. Biking to work makes this much easier. Success!
17. No neglecting oral hygiene. Fail. Did not brush before work.
18. No burgers AND fries. Avoided both!
19. No computer addiction (30 minutes of computer at home, 1 hour on weekend). This one is tough, but I did not use the computer at all last night. Success!
20. No television addiction (3 hours per night, 15 per week). I slept through most of the Nats - Braves game. Success?
21. No seconds. We had spaghetti for dinner and I did not go back for a second mountain. Success! However I did grab a handful of cashews after dinner. Fail!
22. No restaurant desserts. Success!
23. No donuts. Success!
24. No popcorn. Success!
25. No buying lunch unless its a salad. I bought my lunch and it was a salad. Success!

SEVEN FAILS.

Soda, Candy bar, Caffeine, Seconds, Eating after 8pm, Bed by 10pm, Oral hygeine.

18-7...good for a starting pitcher. Bad for a dying fat suburbanite.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #169
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
The only issue with golf shirts are your nips are visible from outer space.
Modern fabrics only exacerbate this, by the way.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #170
Subby
lolzcat

DAY 2
FAILURE

There are few items more emblematic of modern man's failures than the cupcake. To call something a cupcake is to point out its weakness or shortcomings. No one ever looked at Chuck Norris and said, "GOOD LORD THAT DUDE IS A FUCKING CUPCAKE!"

No. What they do is look at the middle-aged dad caught in a carbohydrate death spiral and think to themselves, "well, I might be losing the game of life, but at least I beating THAT cupcake."

So I was doing great yesterday until they ordered in gourmet cupcakes for a meeting we were having our office. Now as we all know, there is a huge difference here. Normal, grocery store cupcakes - the kind that come in the plastic clamshell - are just whatever. Cupcakes from a bakery or better yet...a cupcake PLACE...that's special. You know they're probably laced with crack (the good kind, not that low grade shit people make in their bathtub).

Of course I have a funny relationship with cupcakes. I could probably eat six without blinking (sure, I would drop into a 2 hour mini-coma, but I would definitely come out the other side). What I end up doing to combat that is to just eat the cupcake tops, which is mostly frosting. Basically akin to Costanza's pudding skin singles. Or muffin tops. So, even though the leftover cupcakes were IN MY WORK KITCHEN, I had two tops. Because they were SPECIAL. I mean, I couldn't even stop at one. Although, hey...kudos to me for stopping at 2?

Scale this morning said 208.6 lbs. Just 43.6 el bees overweight! Basically me and a dead six year-old, living the dream.

Still...

1. No soda. CHECK
2. No Starbucks. CHECK
3. No Convenience Stores. CHECK
4. No ice cream. (unless out with family, then only small) CHECK
5. No eating after 8pm. CHECK! This is one of the worst and somehow I crushed it - and I actually slept better. Go figure.
6. No staying up late. (10p week/11p weekend) CHECK
7. No cookies. CHECK (Just cupcakes, which is worse. DICK.)
8. No buying breakfast. CHECK.
9. No candy bars. CHECK.
10. No gorging pizza (2 pieces max) CHECK.
11. No food from work kitchen. MASSIVE FAIL.
12. No sleeping in (out of bed at 6am). CHECK. Up at 557am...just barely!
13. No skipping exercise (30 min per day cardio min.) CHECK!
14. No sports drinks (unless after exercise) CHECK
15. No more caffeine abuse (2 drinks per day max) FAIL.. I made dinner last night and it was "breakfast dinner" - eggs, bacon, cantaloupe, rolls. And I am such a creature of habit that I MUST HAVE COFFEE WITH BREAKFAST.
16. No eating in the car. CHECK.
17. No neglecting oral hygiene. FAIL. I flossed/brushed/rinsed...but just once. GROSS.
18. No burgers AND fries. CHECK.
19. No computer addiction (30 minutes of computer at home, 1 hour on weekend). CHECK.
20. No television addiction (3 hours per night, 15 per week). CHECK. It helps when the Nats are getting crushed.
21. No seconds. FAIL. I took an extra roll after my dinner was finished. Not a huge deal, but STILL AGAINST THE RULES.
22. No restaurant desserts. CHECK.
23. No donuts. CHECK.
24. No popcorn. CHECK. Why is this a rule again?
25. No buying lunch unless its a salad. CHECK.

I am getting below 200 by the end of this month, I don't care if it kills me.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #171
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Modern fabrics only exacerbate this, by the way.

T-shirts are your friend. Plus they make the whites whiter and the blues bluer.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #172
digamma
Torchbearer

21-4 definitely gets you into the tournament. Nice work.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #173
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I might have to try this biking to work and back thing. I actually drove a route I think I could go where there would be minimal car traffic. Do you just carry a backpack with your clothes in it? Do you have a bike lane your entire way? I am sure its easier in a town like DC as opposed to Memphis which is behind the times. Plus I live and work in the suburbs.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #174
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I might have to try this biking to work and back thing. I actually drove a route I think I could go where there would be minimal car traffic. Do you just carry a backpack with your clothes in it? Do you have a bike lane your entire way? I am sure its easier in a town like DC as opposed to Memphis which is behind the times. Plus I live and work in the suburbs.
DC Metro area is really bike friendly, so I am fortunate to have bike lanes and multi use paths all the way in to the city. Once I get in to the city it gets a little dicier, but I have a couple of solid routes and there are a lot of bike lanes.

I am mostly taking my road bike in right now, so I carry a backpack. For a long time I commuted in on a Trek hybrid. It works great for commuting because it can be fitted with a rear rack to which you can fit panniers (fancy name for saddle bags). At some point I will probably go to a mix of what I use now (drop handle bars, thinner tires) and then (rack capability). That probably means a cyclocross bike. If I was starting from scratch, I would definitely get a cross bike.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #175
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

This thread coming back might be something that keeps me coming back to FOFC more often than I should

SI

Old 05-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #176
Subby
lolzcat

Heading into the weekend where basically all bets are off.

Went on a field trip with my twins today and managed to break the cookie rule but did okay otherwise. Got home late and actually managed to exercise, too. Now I need to be in bed within 9 minutes to avoid fucking up my bedtime rule.

Going to try and make it through Saturday and Sunday without missing more than 5 things total.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #177
Subby
lolzcat

Bike accident this weekend -ambulance, broke stuff, typing lefty. Back in a few weeks.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #178
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bike accident this weekend -ambulance, broke stuff, typing lefty. Back in a few weeks.

OUCH!

Feel better man!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #179
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

Ugh Subby, not good. Heal up and get better!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #180
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Perfect cover story so we don't suspect a relapse.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #181
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, Subby. Here's to quick healing. Maybe even Sexual Healing.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #182
Subby
lolzcat

here's an x ray - one of the ribs lookin' good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rib.JPG (16.4 KB, 313 views)

Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #183
Desnudo
Coordinator

Great thread! With everything you are trying to cut out, have you ever thought about going all in on a Paleo or Slow Carb diet?

Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #184
Subby
lolzcat

Definitely. Working up to a dairy-free, low sugar, wheat free approach.

In other news, hospital xray showed hairline fracture of clavicle, no biggie, standard recovery. Went to orthopedist on Friday and he took a different x-ray. Hospital x-ray very wrong. Surgery next week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clav.jpg (19.7 KB, 287 views)

Old 05-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #185
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Holy crap!!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #186
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Update?

SI

Old 07-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #187
WVUFAN
College Starter

Subby is is my new hero. I realized on this thread I'm just like him, with much the same issues (minus Starbucks, insert McDonalds). Great, great thread, funny as hell and I hope this works out for you, Subby.

Hope you recover quickly and feel better soon.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #188
Subby
lolzcat

And...we're back.

I think I posted it in another thread, but on 5-14 I had a 2 hour surgery where they used to titanium plate and seven screws to bind the broken pieces of clavicle back together. Broken ribs healed within a few weeks, clavicle and shoulder still not right. I am currently doing physical therapy twice per week to try and get strength and flexibility back in the shoulder. It's slow going.

The doctor said I could start running in July, and I am slowly easing in to that. In August I can get back on the bike. Allegedly.

Everything else has been a predictable, out of control, shit show. I was down to 199 at the time of the accident, and now I am thinking 210 if I am lucky. I am pretty sure I had a day in there where I violated every single item on my list. I saw god that day. It was glorious. The next day, I shat out a baby demon and almost succumbed to night sweats and exploding heart syndrome.

It wasn't pretty.

Anyway, I ran 6 miles this morning and felt like...hey...maybe it's time to stop being such a mewling pile of fleshy B-cups and get back to GETTING BACK. I mean, hell...Ben E. Lou has lost over 70 pounds. HE CANNOT WEIGH LESS THAN ME (he does).

Here we go.

The list has been updated - I downloaded the Paperless App, which is basically the world's best checklist app out there. I made my list and every time I do something/don't do something, I click a check box. When the day starts anew, I uncheck all the boxes and start fresh. Here is my list. If you follow this list, you will live to be 100. Unless you die in a car crash or get cancer, then you might want to start a different list called "things to do before I die tragically" (working on that one).

1. Brush and floss twice.
2. Out of bed by 6am.
3. Exercise for 45 minutes.
4. No buying breakfast (other than from the grocery store).
5. Eat 5 servings of fruit during the day.
6. Eat a salad, for fuck's sake.
7. No soda.
8. No Starbucks. Their food is seriously beyond shitty anyway.
9. No convenience stores.
10. No buying lunch, unless it's a salad, for fuck's sake.
11. No restaurant desserts. You're full...that means stop eating.
12. No ice cream unless you are out with family. NOT OUT ALONE, FATS.
13. No burgers AND fries. Pick one...or divide both in half. Stop crying, fatty.
14. No eating after 8pm. That doesn't mean you should eat a tin of salted almonds at 7:45p.
15. No eating in car. Ever.
16. No food from work kitchen. Unless it's a skewers of fresh fruit. It isn't.
17. No donuts or candy bars or cookies. This has been combined into one line item. Get your shit together or we are also adding pie, cupcakes, and all caramel products.
18. No gorging pizza. That means two slices, tops. Pace yourself, Tubby.
19. No caffeine abuse. That means 24 ounces of coffee per day. No, you aren't funnier when you are hopped up on caffeine.
20. No second helpings. This also translates to NO BUFFETS. Unless you are in Vegas. Then get your buffet on.
21. No sports drinks. Did you just run for 2 hours? No? Then drink water or seltzer.
22. In fact, drink 64 ounces of water every day. Why? Because otherwise you will put 64 ounces of shit in your body.

And the number one thing we are adding here....

23. Half chipotle. That means stop eating 1200 calorie TASTY AS FUCK burritos. Eat half, be full, take the rest home. Chipotle is a major leak for me.

That's it. Started back today. Will weigh myself tomorrow. Regardless of that number, I will be 170 on December 31st.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #189
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WELCOME BACK SUBBY!!!!

Caffeine's a good appetite suppressant though...

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-11-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #190
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
I mean, hell...Ben E. Lou has lost over 70 pounds. HE CANNOT WEIGH LESS THAN ME (he does).
{giggle}

Good to see you back on your feet.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #191
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The greatest running dynasty is back. It would challenge for best ever, except, you know: it takes staying on the wagon for more than a couple of weeks at a time to build up some lifetime achievement points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
WELCOME BACK SUBBY!!!!

Caffeine's a good appetite suppressant though...

I have a better idea for an appetite suppressant: "Good for you, son. Giving up smoking is one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do. Have a dollar."

Also, I am familiar with the Chipotle problem. That sucker is north of 1000 calories no matter how you make it. It's unreal.

SI

Old 07-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #192
Subby
lolzcat

As usual, my first day back on THE PROGRAM was a screaming success.

Like any idiot, I am VERY GOOD at doing something the first time. Then like an ADHD raccoon, I quickly lose focus and end up tipping over someone's garbage and rummaging through it and eight weeks later I have gained 10 pounds (true story).

I whiffed on two things. One, I got in bed late because one of my kids had a baseball game that ended late. Understandable. Two, I had a little more coffee than allowed - but since I am stepping down from 140 ounces per day, it's probably better that I had a little more than the max allowed, lest I go into withdrawal rage and start attacking my unsuspecting co-workers.

As I said yesterday, my suspicions were that I weighed 210 pounds. Those suspicions were confirmed this morning when I got on the scale and it started weeping, dimly displaying a flickering 210.1.

I now have 5 months and 19 days to lose 40 pounds. I just checked and Ben E Lou already weighs less than 200. This can't happen. Not on my watch.

1. Brush and floss twice. (Yay? Sad this has to be on the list).
2. Out of bed by 6am.
3. Exercise for 45 minutes.
4. No buying breakfast (other than from the grocery store).
5. Eat 5 servings of fruit during the day. (THIS IS HARDER THAN IT SOUNDS)
6. Eat a salad, for fuck's sake. (NOT A CHEF SALAD)
7. No soda.
8. No Starbucks. Their food is seriously beyond shitty anyway.
9. No convenience stores. Do not even look at them.
10. No buying lunch, unless it's a salad, for fuck's sake.
11. No restaurant desserts. You're full...that means stop eating.
12. No ice cream unless you are out with family. NOT EATING OUT ALONE, FATS.
13. No burgers AND fries. Pick one...or divide both in half. Stop crying, fatty.
14. No eating after 8pm. That doesn't mean you should eat a tin of salted almonds at 7:45p.
15. No eating in car. Ever. Have you ever seen a hoarder's car? Yep, lots of rotting food and probably a metric ton of fast food wrappers.
16. No food from work kitchen. Unless it's a skewers of fresh fruit. (It isn't.)
17. No donuts or candy bars or cookies. This has been combined into one line item. Get your shit together or we are also adding pie, cupcakes, and all caramel products.
18. No gorging pizza. That means two slices, tops. Pace yourself, Tubby.
19. No caffeine abuse. That means 24 ounces of coffee per day. No, you aren't funnier when you are hopped up on caffeine. People that are overstimulated are just annoying.
20. No second helpings. This also translates to NO BUFFETS. Unless you are in Vegas. Then get your buffet on.
21. No sports drinks. Did you just run for 2 hours? No? Then drink water or seltzer. Oh boo hoo, taste, boo hoo. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DRINK.
22. In fact, drink 64 ounces of water every day. Why? Because otherwise you will put 64 ounces of shit in your body.
23. There is no rule that you can't leave Chipotle until you have eaten 1000 calories. Never eat more than half of your meal. Take the rest to go.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #193
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So, uh...?

SI

Old 08-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #194
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

does Subby write the oatmeal?

The terrible and wonderful reasons why I run long distances - The Oatmeal

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #195
Subby
lolzcat

I would be such a good drug addict. So easy for me to fall off the wagon for weeks at a time and completely compartmentalize what is going on. There really is nothing different between living an unhealthy life and being a drug addict. One just kills you faster.This would all be so easy if I had someone else to whom I could answer. Or maybe if I had my own Sven, my own personal assistant. But then I would be no better than those candy ass rich families that I hate - the ones where the mom doesn't work and they have a nanny for their two kids. My life is so easy. Why can't I take responsibility for more than a week at a time? Why do I have to go through this mea culpa every other month? August has to be better. It must be.

I'm reasonably healthy again. I can ride my bike to work and that's huge for me, apparently. Riding to work means not stopping by Starbucks or a breakfast place on the way in. Riding home means not stopping by the convenience store next to my building on the way to the parking garage. Not driving means not eating in the car. It's all linked.

There is no way I am getting to 170 pounds on December 31st if I continue to be a slobbering fuck. NO. WAY.

Here is what happened yesterday

1. Brush and floss twice. (I did it once. NOPE)
2. Out of bed by 6am. (Nope)
3. Exercise for 45 minutes. (Nope)
4. No buying breakfast (other than from the grocery store). (Nope)
5. Eat 5 servings of fruit during the day. (LOL HOW ABOUT NOPE)
6. Eat a salad, for fuck's sake. (BASIL ON PIZZA NOPE)
7. No soda. COKE ZERO NOPE
8. No Starbucks. Their food is seriously beyond shitty anyway. YUP
9. No convenience stores. Do not even look at them. YUP
10. No buying lunch, unless it's a salad, for fuck's sake. BUSINESS LUNCH TO THE RESCUE YUP
11. No restaurant desserts. You're full...that means stop eating. CAPPUCCINO INSTEAD OF DESSERT CUZ I HARD YO
12. No ice cream unless you are out with family. MINI DOVE BAR STILL ICE CREAM,TUBBY NOPE
13. No burgers AND fries. Pick one...or divide both in half. ORDERED BURDER AND FRIES AT SEAFOOD PLACE MAJOR FAIL NOPE
14. No eating after 8pm. That doesn't mean you should eat a tin of salted almonds at 7:45p. MIRACULOUSLY TOO FULL STILL FROM BURGER AND FRIES AND FIVE PIECES OF PIZZA NOPE
15. No eating in car. Ever. EATING BREAKFAST SAMMIE IN THE CAR FAIL NOPE
16. No food from work kitchen. Unless it's a skewers of fresh fruit. (It isn't.) SOMEONE PUT COOKIES IN THERE DOUBLE FAIL NOPE
17. No donuts or candy bars or cookies. This has been combined into one line item. SEE PREVIOUS ONE FAIL NOPE
18. No gorging pizza. That means two slices, tops. FIVE SLICES FAIL NOPE
19. No caffeine abuse. That means 24 ounces of coffee per day. HAHAHA NOPE
20. No second helpings. This also translates to NO BUFFETS. Unless you are in Vegas. Then get your buffet on. NOPE
21. No sports drinks. Did you just run for 2 hours? No? Then drink water or seltzer. Oh boo hoo, taste, boo hoo. YUP!
22. In fact, drink 64 ounces of water every day. Why? Because otherwise you will put 64 ounces of shit in your body. NOPE
23. There is no rule that you can't leave Chipotle until you have eaten 1000 calories. Never eat more than half of your meal. Take the rest to go. YUP ONLY BECAUSE I WASN'T THERE

There you have it. I did a whopping SEVENTEEN things on my list that I am not supposed to do. No discipline. No willpower. FUCK. YOU.

Ugh.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #196
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

I never really made the connection but it makes sense. I will now see Subby as one of these two when reading these entries

SI

Old 08-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #197
Subby
lolzcat

Hah. I just bought a signed Oatmeal poster to give to one of my kids for his birthday.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #198
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Good lord, how did I ever miss this utter gem of a thread? I haven't laughed that hard in...ever? My head hurts from it.

Okay, here I go:

1. Stop horking down whole bags of salty, crunchy snacks

FAIL FAIL FAIL
Old 08-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #199
sjshaw
lolzcat

This thread is all that is right with the world. And some of what is wrong (Chipotle).
Old 12-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #200
timmae
College Starter

All I can say is... Subby, I thank you brother! Awesome read...