Old 01-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #702
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] i believe CR said he'd be around [/ooc]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #703
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(ooc) DT, the system for initiating an attack allows members of a team to act independently. Although we get bonuses for acting in unison, we are not required to do so. (/ooc)

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #704
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I may check in a little later, but my inclination is not to do anything additional besides my standard attack.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #705
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] Barkeep, I believe Blade's assertion was that Thomkal is hardly as new as gi. As for our attack on Cannonball...it's not about attacking YOUR TEAM. It's about trying to find a Horsemen (or Apocalypse). [/ooc]

(Professor X)

Eric, we cannot allow our team loyalties to blind us to the reality of the situation. It is entirely likely that every team has a member of the evil cabal on it. Mine as well as yours. We are simply trying to root out that evil. And if that causes your team to end up with less members, I do apologize. But I am sure there will be movement among teams and new teams as we form a circle of trust.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #706
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm sad you're going after cannonball. You ask for us to possibly work together and then you target one of ours when we've gone out of our way not to target yours.

Blade I will certainly be going after quieter people, but want to give some people, like Gi, who is new to the game, a day to get in the swing of things before I criticize them for attempting an UTR style.

To be frank barkeep, we are choosing based off of individual suspects. I regret that you find offense at our choice of a team member of yours, but with 5 bad guys and i think 5 teams it is a given most if not all the teams have been infiltrated. I hope you understand we strike not at Mutant First, but after someone we think would be a solid choice for evil.

I understand totally, and as you saw i never advocated a vote for GI. Thomkal has had the experience, and as such i cannot grant him a grace period.

Please understand we seek to eliminate evil, not Mutant First
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #707
Raiders Army
Coordinator

*Deadpool*

I like all the fighting! I think I'm going to sit back and see what happens...that is, unless one of you makes me an extremely good offer to join your coalition of clowns.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #708
spleen1015
Coordinator

[ooc]I am assuming that I am one of the annoying folks.

My take on Mystique after seeing her in games and on the cartoon, she is a b!tch. She likes to taunt and be very arrogant. I don't think the movies portrayed her accurately.

If anyone more versed in the Marvel Universe can give me a better understanding of her, I will change her. If not, this is what you're getting since there is the possibility of being rewarded for being in character.[/ooc]

Silver Moon, you will pay for targetting my friends. The price will be steep.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #709
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
(ooc) DT, the system for initiating an attack allows members of a team to act independently. Although we get bonuses for acting in unison, we are not required to do so. (/ooc)

I thought as long as we all attacked the same hero it counted as in unison..am i mistaken?

Must we say "Team Silver Moon Attack such and such?"
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #710
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

Without sounding rude, i am of the opinion you should have no friends to trust yet...granted, we have loose affiliations to teams, but i trust not a soul on my team...you should consider who you defend before you seal your own fate. Just a warning, these teams are based off bascially nothing, and trusting based off of them could lead to very bad things
Demotivation
Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #711
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Going with the team on this one.

ATTACK (STANDARD ATTACK) IRON MAN

SPIDER-MAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #712
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I thought as long as we all attacked the same hero it counted as in unison..am i mistaken?

Must we say "Team Silver Moon Attack such and such?"

No. The way you have been doing it is right.

For the record, this isn't a computer program, we're not going to get into hissy fits if you make a formatting mistakes. We just need things to be clear because there is a lot of stuff going on. You all have been doing a good job in that regard, and it's much appreciated
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #713
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
(Professor X)

And I did not appreciate your fingering of me as a potential Horseman. I can do nothing but tell you I am on the side of good and rightousness, and if I show up dead at some point you will understand that. There are no other obvious psychics in the game either, so do not claim you were directing that at someone else. I do not wish to cause ill-will between us, but I do not like being accused of something so heinous simply on supposition.

Your injured feelings do not matter to Doom. I am simply stating that it would be wise for Apocalypse to convert those who have the ability to root him out.

Logic dictates this. Whether or not you are a Horseman, Doom does not know. What is known is you are valuable to both sides, and when one side, Apocalypse, has an advantage of "picking first" if you will, you pick those who will benefit you best.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #714
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

(Warpath)

I guess I was wrong for saying I am reluctant to target someone from silver moon on day 1 out of the possibility of a longer term mutually benefitial partnership down the road. They chose on day 1 when there were plenty of other targets to specifically pick our team. I wouldn't be suprised if they were the ones responsible previously for my brother's death either.

I'll make sure to not make this mistake again, as I learned when my tribe was wiped out, such deceitfulness often revisits itself.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #715
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Without sounding rude, i am of the opinion you should have no friends to trust yet...granted, we have loose affiliations to teams, but i trust not a soul on my team...you should consider who you defend before you seal your own fate. Just a warning, these teams are based off bascially nothing, and trusting based off of them could lead to very bad things

I stopped listening to you 53 pages ago. I don't think I am ready to start back again.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 PM   #716
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
(Warpath)

I guess I was wrong for saying I am reluctant to target someone from silver moon on day 1 out of the possibility of a longer term mutually benefitial partnership down the road. They chose on day 1 when there were plenty of other targets to specifically pick our team. I wouldn't be suprised if they were the ones responsible previously for my brother's death either.

I'll make sure to not make this mistake again, as I learned when my tribe was wiped out, such deceitfulness often revisits itself.

Warpath, i picked my targets with no thought to affiliation...for right now our teams matter little. Remember, there is likely evil within silver moon as well as Mutant First. Pick your targets based on who you suspect, be it in your team, mine, or some other.

I very much wish to co-opertate with Mutant First, be it against anyone, regardless of affiliation.
Demotivation
Old 01-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #717
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I stopped listening to you 53 pages ago. I don't think I am ready to start back again.

Ill keep talking, whether you listen or not..i may not be amused by your antics, actually quite the reverse, but im not going to damn you.

If you want to role-play, be funny like schmidty and WVU
Demotivation
Old 01-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #718
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
[ooc]I am assuming that I am one of the annoying folks.

My take on Mystique after seeing her in games and on the cartoon, she is a b!tch. She likes to taunt and be very arrogant. I don't think the movies portrayed her accurately.

If anyone more versed in the Marvel Universe can give me a better understanding of her, I will change her. If not, this is what you're getting since there is the possibility of being rewarded for being in character.[/ooc]

[ooc]no worries, I'll just put you on the ignore list. Just kidding![/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #719
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Well then Doom, obviously Apocalypse is not as smart as you. Which means you are not him. I am not Apocalypse and I am not a Horseman.

[ooc] perhaps this gives us a clue though? Apocalypse as someone who is less-familiar with the characters and thus didn't choose me? [/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #720
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Ill keep talking, whether you listen or not..i may not be amused by your antics, actually quite the reverse, but im not going to damn you.

If you want to role-play, be funny like schmidty and WVU

[ooc]
Maybe I lack the ability to be funny?

I'm just playing the game, Blade.

I'm starting to think WW just isn't my thing.[/ooc]

Mystique is going bowling. See you in about 270 minutes.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #721
Poli
FOFC Survivor

[ooc]You're doing fine, Spleen. If that's how mystique is, then you're doing great![/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 06:25 PM   #722
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
(Professor X)

Well then Doom, obviously Apocalypse is not as smart as you. Which means you are not him. I am not Apocalypse and I am not a Horseman.

[ooc] perhaps this gives us a clue though? Apocalypse as someone who is less-familiar with the characters and thus didn't choose me? [/ooc]

*Deadpool*

You're not as smart as Metal-Face or Pocky, baldy! You are not he! How do you get kids to go to your school with your wizardry of the English Language? No wonder the enrollment at Hogwarts is up lately...
Old 01-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #723
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
*Deadpool*

You're not as smart as Metal-Face or Pocky, baldy! You are not he! How do you get kids to go to your school with your wizardry of the English Language? No wonder the enrollment at Hogwarts is up lately...

yes yes. damm the lack of edits. you are not HE.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #724
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
[ooc]You're doing fine, Spleen. If that's how mystique is, then you're doing great![/ooc]

{ooc} Spleen has got the character pretty much down pat. {/ooc}
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #725
Schmidty
Coordinator

MOON GUY BEING TOO HARD ON MYSTIQUE. BITCH CAN'T HELP BEING BITCH.

/ooc/ Lighten the hell up Blade. He's playing his role, and the fact that you can't separate being "in-character" with being an actual jerk, is an indictment of you up-tightness. Just chill and have fun. /ooc/
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #726
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
/ooc/ Lighten the hell up Blade. He's playing his role, and the fact that you can't separate being "in-character" with being an actual jerk, is an indictment of you up-tightness. Just chill and have fun. /ooc/

BE NICER IF YOU WANT FRIENDS, SCHMIDTHEAD!!!!!

I NEED FRIENDS TOO!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #727
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Even I can see the green guy is angry.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #728
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I NEED FRIENDS TOO!!!

I? HULK!!!!!!

DOLASMASH!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #729
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

I NEED FRIENDS TOO!!!

*Deadpool*

Ya got rosy and her four sisters right?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #730
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I? HULK!!!!!!

DOLASMASH!!!!!!

This is possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #731
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
*Deadpool*

Ya got rosy and her four sisters right?

DON'T CONFUSE HULK!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:42 PM   #732
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

*sigh* I am a bit disgusted at the attacks on me, led by Blade because I'm one of the quieter players. Ignoring that I'm not a powerful character that could cause trouble for you later in the game if you need to take them out. And because I was not quiet this game. Yes I was late to start posting, but posted several times today, roleplayed, and tried to start the discussion on who to vote for. Thanks.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #733
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
(Cannonball)

*sigh* I am a bit disgusted at the attacks on me, led by Blade because I'm one of the quieter players. Ignoring that I'm not a powerful character that could cause trouble for you later in the game if you need to take them out. And because I was not quiet this game. Yes I was late to start posting, but posted several times today, roleplayed, and tried to start the discussion on who to vote for. Thanks.

[ooc] sorry Thom. Someone hasta be the sacrificial lamb every game though. Comes with the game. and FWIW you most likely won't even die tonight, as the Iron Man attacks likely have more behind them. You did post and RP today and tried to start discussion, I credit you with that. [/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #734
gi
College Prospect

Captain Britian (GI)

Captain Britian joins the Atlantic Alliance team
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #735
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
[ooc]
Maybe I lack the ability to be funny?

I'm just playing the game, Blade.

I'm starting to think WW just isn't my thing.[/ooc]

Mystique is going bowling. See you in about 270 minutes.

lol, my sarcasm apparently isnt working tonight...your doing great spleen
Demotivation
Old 01-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #736
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just got back and then spent a ton of time reviewing material. I'll be back on later after I head back out.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #737
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(Professor X)

(Warpath)

My reaction to this is... I doubt there are many people (if anyone) who knows less of the characters than me.. and even I know about your abilities. I couldn't imagine anyone in this game who didn't know about you before starting. In fact, I partially think it would be too obvious for you to have certain abilities that would make you a target for both Apocolypse as well as night kills. I would have been very suprised if they had chosen you personally.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #738
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(Cannonball)

Personally, I agree with ya.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #739
SackAttack
Head Coach

[Captain America]

Welcome aboard, Captain.

We ought to start figuring out which direction we want to head with our Day 1 actions.

I'm a little concerned, given the finality of actions, at how quickly people have chosen to move today. Being wrong carries an awful burden.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #740
Thomkal
Head Coach

(ooc) Yep DT I know someone needs to go on Day 1. I just don't think I'm a particularly wise candidate for it today and that frustrates me. [/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 07:05 PM   #741
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
(ooc) Yep DT I know someone needs to go on Day 1. I just don't think I'm a particularly wise candidate for it today and that frustrates me. [/ooc]

And who makes a better canidate?
Demotivation
Old 01-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #742
gi
College Prospect

Spending time with the fiance now, will be back before the deadline.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #743
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

[ooc] honestly i'm not sure that you'll be the one going today though anyways. [/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #744
Schmidty
Coordinator

HULK THINKING ABOUT LEAVING "FRIENDS". FORCE NOT HELPING HULK THINK.

IF ANYONE NEEDS HULK, SPEAK.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #745
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Still reading through the thread, but this seems to be an odd assortment.
(Mandarin)
Maybe , Deadpool . But I have emplo....worked with people like Sandman before. so what is to say what an odd assortment is. Don't we have the same goal.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #746
SackAttack
Head Coach

Got plenty of room in the Atlantic Alliance, Hulk.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #747
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
And who makes a better canidate?

Characters more powerful than me that will be harder to take out later on when there is less good guys to go around. Good players Apocalypse would take because they are good players. Not me, a bad player, and lower on the power scale than many here. If this was just a random day 1 vote where we had no information on anybody then I couldn't really complain about being voted out. But given the set-up of this game, picking me was a questionable choice.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:19 PM   #748
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
HULK THINKING ABOUT LEAVING "FRIENDS". FORCE NOT HELPING HULK THINK.

IF ANYONE NEEDS HULK, SPEAK.

(Professor X)

Don't be afraid to be alone either hulk. i don't think anyone is advocating a "pick off everyone who's not in a group" strategy. And we mostly seem to have agreed that we don't want this to be a group vs. group conflict as that does us no help.

Honestly I foresee these Day 1 groups breaking up at some point, some sooner than others. And at that point, as people have something concrete to build their teams upon, provided that you are not evil, I would think you'd have your pick of suitors.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 PM   #749
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is my attack/vote recap:

Post #448 (1:33PM) Magneto attacks IronMan (magnetic blast) and Impedes IronMan (special attack)
Post #450 (1:35PM) Mystique attacks IronMan (gun)
Post #459 (1:46PM) Warpath attacks IronMan (knife)
Post #532 (2:27PM) Doom attacks Magneto (mystic blast)
Post #559 (2:47PM) Hawkeye attacks Iron Man (Acid Arrow - special attack)
Post #560 (2:48PM) Marvel attacks Iron Man (energy blast)
Post #561 (2:48PM) Cannonball attacks Iron Man (collision)
Post #562 (2:48PM) Daredevil attacks Mystique (billy club)
Post #584 (3:00PM) IronMan Energy Absorbtion (defense power)
Post #584 (3:00PM) IronMan attacks Magneto (repulsor blast)
Post #660 (4:27PM) Wolverine attacks IronMan (claws)
Post #695 (5:44PM) Prof X attacks Cannonball (psionic blast)
Post #697 (5:48PM) Moon Knight attacks Cannonball (crescent dart)
Post #699 (5:53PM) Math attacks Cannonball (psionic blast)
Post #701 (5:54PM) Surfer attacks Cannonball (power cosmic)
Post #711 (6:05PM) Spiderman attacks Iron Man (fist)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 PM   #750
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Characters more powerful than me that will be harder to take out later on when there is less good guys to go around. Good players Apocalypse would take because they are good players. Not me, a bad player, and lower on the power scale than many here. If this was just a random day 1 vote where we had no information on anybody then I couldn't really complain about being voted out. But given the set-up of this game, picking me was a questionable choice.

See, i picked you for the exact opposite reasons. People would expect apoc to pick the most powerful heroes, the supposedly best players...picking you would be a much smarter choice.

But let me address this now, ive heared it a few times. Characters supposedly harder then you will be harder to take out if evil, but will be more aid if good. We kill off our strongest heroes early out of fear and suddenly we find ourselves unable to stop apocolypse, what then?

Your not going to die today, dont worry
Demotivation