Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #1001
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

the problem with mauboys reveal is he needed to reveal a specific role.

He'll learn, he;s a smart one.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #1002
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Dude I just haven't been able to post incessently this game. I pretty much neglected work last game when I made 150 posts as the Seer to convince people to go for the major win. I mean I think I've been pretty active.

I think if you look, nearly everyone left has been a contender on someone's theory at some point in time.

Is this because I voted for you? I don't get it.

I think that you're just finally realizing it's not fair to your fellow wolves to give up.

Nah, I just got a little vibe from your posts. It doesn't matter to me at this point what I vote and don't vote. I'll just keep going on hunches and hopefully all my hunches are right(even though I know they're probably not). I guess we'll see at the end of the game.

Anyways, sorry once again to all of the good guys.. I fucked it up for us.

Do I have to start acting like RendeR and cyber sexing the ladies?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #1003
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

bsak- the clan they were in is on page 1.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #1004
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and yes. it makes some sense.

The problem I see is that everyone has an argument for voting a known wolf.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #1005
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Nah, I just got a little vibe from your posts. It doesn't matter to me at this point what I vote and don't vote. I'll just keep going on hunches and hopefully all my hunches are right(even though I know they're probably not). I guess we'll see at the end of the game.

Unfortunately for you, you've already been acting like I id when I started playing. As Lathum posted, you're smart, you'll learn in time
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #1006
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Since you are resigned to losing, yet claim to be good regardless of the seemingly epic mistake you made, why don't you just tell us your role? It won't hurt anything, since you're gone anyway.

The fact that you STILL aren't giving specifics re-affirms to me that you are a wolfy.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #1007
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
the problem with mauboys reveal is he needed to reveal a specific role.

He'll learn, he;s a smart one.

I'll be honest. It was a mistake to post what I did after, about not having a role. I was just typing incoherently. Stupid move obviously. I'm not a golf buddy. At that point I was hoping it would at least score a balanced vote among everyone assuming I'd get it to be a tie. It'd allow the wolves to then kill me on the night vote since they'd like to get a golf buddy, then I'd be helping the rest of the villagers by allowing them to just get a normal office worker. Again, screwed up that move the second I fake-revealed.

If the rest of the votes would go elsewhere, it would do a lot more good to the villagers. Landslide vote here is not going to do anything for us though, imo.

Good luck. Why do I keep posting? Oh yeah, I don't work today. Gotta go see Cloverfield or something.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #1008
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

This is great pile on Mau!!!! and then watch path and bska duke it out!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #1009
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Since you are resigned to losing, yet claim to be good regardless of the seemingly epic mistake you made, why don't you just tell us your role? It won't hurt anything, since you're gone anyway.

The fact that you STILL aren't giving specifics re-affirms to me that you are a wolfy.

Regular Office Worker.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #1010
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

anyone else having site issues?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #1011
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
anyone else having site issues?

Yup, when I post.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #1012
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Just out of curiosity do the temps know they are temps?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #1013
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Yup, when I post.

"Every time I post, lies come out" is not really a site issue.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #1014
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
"Every time I post, lies come out" is not really a site issue.

If that's the case. I'm a wolf.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #1015
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If that's the case. I'm a wolf.

board looks to be working again
Old 01-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #1016
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

haha it took me a while to get this joke -- awesome
Old 01-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #1017
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Hah.

Well, take it easy guys. I'll post again tonight 12 minutes to the deadline. Nothing will work. I'm a dead normal worker anyways. Have fun working with nothing.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #1018
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
So by association you would have to look at those underlined as maybe being a part of the team associated with SnDvls along with Path who openly states that he would vote for Farrah but doesn't want to because she "looks about done". So he doesn't want to be associated with the others in the final tally. Make sense?

Or.......you could just take what I said at it's actual meaning, which was that rather than pile on to the end of a vote that was obviously going to happen that I wanted to get my suspect for the next day out there in SnDvls. However, that looks like it was done for me with the night actions, and I was right about him being a wolf.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #1019
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

looks like it may be a slow day.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #1020
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
looks like it may be a slow day.

Seems like it. I guess now we can all go out and enjoy ourselves on a Friday night, without worrying about what's going to happen at deadline.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #1021
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Guys,

Sorry I've been a little busy today and not able to respond. First, I used my "view" on MAU last night and CR responded that he is a normal villager. Now, this could have been one of the "random" replies, but I actually believe it.

If Mau was a wolf, he would be on the cougars. He voted for Fink and Farrah in the past two nights (both crew wolves). But, I just don't but it as he's been following Pass around. If he and Pass were both wolves, this would be way too obvious. Given the view I have and the fact that Pass' actions to put the RendeR-Fink vote to a tie with 5 minutes left on day two make him the best wolf choice to me. Look at posts 558 to 568:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Day 2 Count (as of post #558)

Render (7)-- Arles (361), Mr. Wednesday (396), oliegirl (403), mauboy1 (408), Passacaglia (410), claphamsa (514), Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (518)
finkenst (6)-- jeheinz72 (360), path12 (377), The Jackal (414), Lathum (426), SnDvls (489), Render (491)
Lathum (1)-- bsak16 (395)
SnDvls (1)-- ntndeacon (392)
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (1)-- st.cronin (346)
jeheinz72 (1)-- Alan T (349)

Not Voted: finkenst, Schmidty

Here's what I am showing right now.

Quote:
7:52 PM - I want to stir things up by switching my vote.. but then that would cause more trouble, perhaps.

Quote:
7:54 PM - I wish people would move off render.
I would rather have the active player around.

Quote:
7:55PM -I can't help but agree.

UNVOTE RENDER
VOTE FINKENST

This vote changed it from 7-6 RendeR to 7-6 Fink. Now, if I were a cougar wolf, this would be a great move. You basically knock out an opposing wolf with one vote. And, by waiting until 7:55 PM to do it, you don't the RendeR crowd a chance to argue and switch back.

This, IMO, is the best piece of evidence we have so far. Combine it with the fact that Pass happened to be the first to post the Cronin connection on Farrah being a wolf make two key events against crew wolves in 12 hours.

Mau has played the game fairly clumsily today, but I don't think that means he is a wolf. If I were a wolf, the last thing I would do is start stirring up the pot, constantly switching votes and working hand-in-hand with Pass over the last 24 hours.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #1022
Arles
Grey Dog Software

So, it's not surprising that I:

Vote Pass
Old 01-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #1023
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Arlie, I'll think on what you've said and try to show you where I'm coming from, but what I want to reply to off the bat is using your view as evidence. You know that the view is random -- how can you possibly justify using that in an argument?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #1024
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Arlie, I'll think on what you've said and try to show you where I'm coming from, but what I want to reply to off the bat is using your view as evidence. You know that the view is random -- how can you possibly justify using that in an argument?
Well, it's been right on one occasion so far and there's a decent chance it's right today. I would say the view is 60-40 accurate. So, if the view says Mau is OK and his actions just seem too outlandish to be a wolf, I would say that's enough to move him down the "potential wolf" list. Mau may end up being a wolf, but I just don't see it when you take everything into account. My list yesterday was:

1. Path12
2. Pass
3. Farrah
4. Mau

I see no reason to move Mau above you when the only new information I have is that farrah is a wolf in the crew faction (making your votes 2-2 on cre wolves) and I got a night view that Mau was a dept. worker. Right now, I would lean towards:

1. Pass
2. Path12
3. Lathum (fish?)
4. Mau
Old 01-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #1025
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
This vote changed it from 7-6 RendeR to 7-6 Fink. Now, if I were a cougar wolf, this would be a great move. You basically knock out an opposing wolf with one vote. And, by waiting until 7:55 PM to do it, you don't the RendeR crowd a chance to argue and switch back.

Arlie, this seems more accusing than it should be. There was still plenty of time. The reason I withheld voting for fink for so long was because I kept waiting for him to show up, and when I realized he wasn't going to, I put in a vote. I gave people 5 minutes to make up their mind. Three people changed their votes after me, so it's not like the fact that I gave fink a one-vote lead was a knockout. If you're going to look at people who voted to knock fink out, without giving anyone else enough time, why not look at the guy who made it a 3-vote lead for fink with just one minute left?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #1026
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Well, it's been right on one occasion so far and there's a decent chance it's right today. I would say the view is 60-40 accurate.

That's not at all the same as being random.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #1027
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Unfortunately, Mau has dug his own grave at this point, we all started off as new players at one point and made those rookie mistakes...I know I did! If he's a worker, well, it won't be the first time a good guy was voted off for making a mistake...live and learn Mau.

VOTE MAU
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #1028
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Arlie so far is the only one doing this correctly. Just thought I'd point that out. And he's the only one that everyone believes not to be a wolf. That makes sense, eh?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #1029
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Arlie so far is the only one doing this correctly. Just thought I'd point that out. And he's the only one that everyone believes not to be a wolf. That makes sense, eh?

Doing what correctly? Not voting for you? Yeah, compelling argument that...
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #1030
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I guess what I'm saying is Mau, you can't come out with this big post about how you've nailed a wolf (whether it's me or not, nevermind that I was the THIRD person you voted for today) saying essentially "This is it, this is the wolf we're all after yadda yadda yadda!" then someone else points a theory that doesn't name you or the person you claim to have red-handed and go "See, this person over here has it right, we should all do what he's doing!"

You're just flopping around trying to save your skin. Which is fine, I get that, but dude, it ain't workin'. You're caught.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #1031
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
I guess what I'm saying is Mau, you can't come out with this big post about how you've nailed a wolf (whether it's me or not, nevermind that I was the THIRD person you voted for today) saying essentially "This is it, this is the wolf we're all after yadda yadda yadda!" then someone else points a theory that doesn't name you or the person you claim to have red-handed and go "See, this person over here has it right, we should all do what he's doing!"

You're just flopping around trying to save your skin. Which is fine, I get that, but dude, it ain't workin'. You're caught.

+1

One of the hardest things I learned in WW was to keep my mouth shut, whether I was innocent or not...had you (Mau) not done the "I'm a golf buddy without a role...oops, I'm not a golf buddy, just a worker", then MAYBE when Arles posted what he did, some people might have been willing to move votes off you, or people like me who hadn't voted yet, would have put a vote on someone else. But the more you tried to save yourself, the worse it got and then no one has any trust in you. It's so tempting to start posting trying to spin something and get people to believe you, but most of the time, it just backfires.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #1032
The Jackal
Coordinator

Mau, mau. You didn't leave people much choice. If you are a regular worker, damn you for distracting us for a day - but at this point I don't think anyone is going to decide it's worth letting you slide on this day.

Vote Mau

Path is next on my list.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #1033
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Which is fine, I'm out already unless people show some remorse for my clumsy play(as Arlie put it) and actually go after a wolf. I'm not 'caught' Heinz, as I am just a normal worker. Nothing is happening with this vote at all. It doesn't benefit the workers to lose another worker, then the wolves get to knock out another one of us. It's better to go off some evidence rather than my mindless rambles.

I'm sorry I voted you but it was just a vibe I got, simple as that. I'd vote for everyone because you're all voting for me. I'm not a wolf so that makes all of you wolves in my eyes.

It has been fun though and like many have said, I'll learn. Hopefully.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #1034
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Mau, mau. You didn't leave people much choice. If you are a regular worker, damn you for distracting us for a day - but at this point I don't think anyone is going to decide it's worth letting you slide on this day.

Vote Mau

Path is next on my list.

I've apologized about 10 times now because I already have wasted everyone's day. Everyone but the wolves. It isn't something I wanted to do, and its too late. It sucks.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #1035
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path is next on my list.

Got any actual reasons for that or just picking a worker at random?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #1036
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Arles, since it has been proven you are the fool I really see no reason why you or anyone else should have any faith in your scans.

And I second what Olie said, Mau's bumbling reveal sealed it for me.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #1037
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Got any actual reasons for that or just picking a worker at random?

Actually I was following Arles' reasoning, and since he's almost undoubtedly the fool, he's definitely one of the good guys, and the beginning of a possible circle of trust. Being that we've lost the observor and seer though, I don't think that circle can expand.

If I was dead certain you were a wolf though, path, my vote would be on you today.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #1038
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I explained why I did it and it would've worked better for the workers. I don't get lynched, we lynch someone else who may be a wolf, because I'm not, then the wolves take me out anyways and I at least helped us out a little bit. Obviously it backfired with an extra post, but whatever, it happened already.

I've accepted the fact that I'm getting lynched tonight, I'll hopefully change my silly habits for the next game around. End of story. Moving on.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #1039
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Which is fine, I'm out already unless people show some remorse for my clumsy play(as Arlie put it) and actually go after a wolf. I'm not 'caught' Heinz, as I am just a normal worker. Nothing is happening with this vote at all. It doesn't benefit the workers to lose another worker, then the wolves get to knock out another one of us. It's better to go off some evidence rather than my mindless rambles.

I'm sorry I voted you but it was just a vibe I got, simple as that. I'd vote for everyone because you're all voting for me. I'm not a wolf so that makes all of you wolves in my eyes.

It has been fun though and like many have said, I'll learn. Hopefully.

It's really not about the fact that your vote is on me, it's more about my vote is on you and I've got no reason to change it. Each post you make really just further entrenches my vote. As Olie or someone said, our hand is almost forced.

If you are a worker, then I don't really know what to say, you've managed to completely act like a wolf.

If you're a wolf well then YAY for us and BOO for you.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #1040
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Mau, I for one am glad you did what you did.

It took heat of me for the day
Old 01-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #1041
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Actually I was following Arles' reasoning, and since he's almost undoubtedly the fool, he's definitely one of the good guys, and the beginning of a possible circle of trust. Being that we've lost the observor and seer though, I don't think that circle can expand.

If I was dead certain you were a wolf though, path, my vote would be on you today.

I kind of get what you're saying here.

I mean while Arles is clearly the Fool and I believe him to be on my side, I'm getting wary of people who are all about wanting to do anything based on his scans. The smells of wolfish manipulation to me.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #1042
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's really not about the fact that your vote is on me, it's more about my vote is on you and I've got no reason to change it. Each post you make really just further entrenches my vote. As Olie or someone said, our hand is almost forced.

If you are a worker, then I don't really know what to say, you've managed to completely act like a wolf.

If you're a wolf well then YAY for us and BOO for you.

Just think about it. I played a pretty decent wolf in my first ever game of Mafia, I was quiet and saying the right things. I don't have a role now and I'm just itching to get crap started. I'm 3 for 3 now in having no role and completely fucking it up.

I'm a worker and I've completely acted like a wolf, no doubt about it.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #1043
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I kind of get what you're saying here.

I mean while Arles is clearly the Fool and I believe him to be on my side, I'm getting wary of people who are all about wanting to do anything based on his scans. The smells of wolfish manipulation to me.

I'm not talking about his scans, it was his analysis of voting trends that led him to path. There's no reason to trust his scans.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #1044
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Mau, I for one am glad you did what you did.

It took heat of me for the day

Saying something like that is going to get the heat right back on you Lathum. Everyone should just be quiet for the rest of the day so not to deter the light back onto them.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #1045
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
All PM roles are out.

Also, thoughts on weekend scheduling.

My thinking was to go with one day for the weekend, to conclude early evening Sunday, maybe 4 p.m. PDT/7 p.m. EST? And then back to regular schedule for Monday.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I do have some. Any chance we can do Monday for the next deadline? I'll be visiting my grandma in hospice care this weekend (it's been coming for awhile, but I of course want to spend some more time with her).

At most over the weekend I'd be able to get a vote in (and likely a very uninformed one).

Anyone else have a weekend conflict? If it's just me then I'm ok with just voting and that's it.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #1046
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Just think about it. I played a pretty decent wolf in my first ever game of Mafia, I was quiet and saying the right things. I don't have a role now and I'm just itching to get crap started. I'm 3 for 3 now in having no role and completely fucking it up.

I'm a worker and I've completely acted like a wolf, no doubt about it.

You don't have to apologize, it's whatever. You've already said in about five posts you know you messed up and you know you're gonna get lynched. No need to defend yourself anymore, really. If you are a regular worker then oh well, we can kind of afford one slip up after two hits in a row. But only because keeping you around another day would probably be counter-productive, even if you are a regular worker.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #1047
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm not talking about his scans, it was his analysis of voting trends that led him to path. There's no reason to trust his scans.

Oh I thought that his path to path was based on his using his scan to exclude someone in his reasoning. I'll have to dig up the post.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #1048
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I do have some. Any chance we can do Monday for the next deadline? I'll be visiting my grandma in hospice care this weekend (it's been coming for awhile, but I of course want to spend some more time with her).

At most over the weekend I'd be able to get a vote in (and likely a very uninformed one).

Anyone else have a weekend conflict? If it's just me then I'm ok with just voting and that's it.

I'll probably be busy all of saturday and sunday (friends visiting), actually I'm going to be working on Sunday from 2-5ish, so I'd certainly miss the deadline. Monday would be good with me too.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #1049
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh I thought that his path to path was based on his using his scan to exclude someone in his reasoning. I'll have to dig up the post.

You could be right, and if you are, my suspicions on path are going to lessen extremely. There have just been so many posts that I may be confusing things. Let me know if you find it.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #1050
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You could be right, and if you are, my suspicions on path are going to lessen extremely. There have just been so many posts that I may be confusing things. Let me know if you find it.

Actually it was his post above that he voted Pass. He used his scan result to clear Mau and vote Pass since they acted hand in hand. To me, that's pretty careless.

I mean I guess it could coincidentally be accurate, but I'd actually think that Mau and Pass are on the same side. So I don't get how he can clear Mau on his random-view and then indict Pass.

But that's really neither here nor there. I'm thinking we lynch Mau, if he's bad, we go for Pass. If he's good, we regroup after this wasted day.