Old 01-25-2008, 07:52 PM   #1101
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

What are you saying to god?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #1102
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, you're playing Poker. I get it now. Sorry.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #1103
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Oh, you're playing Poker. I get it now. Sorry.

i hardly would call what we were playing poker
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #1104
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Okay guys and gals. Good luck the rest of the way.

My role is just a normal worker. And one last time, or maybe once more after this, I'm sorry for the wasted day due to my poor play.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:59 PM   #1105
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Arlie was right, I was a good guy.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #1106
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Deadline.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #1107
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Day 4 Count (as of Post 1082)

mauboy1 (11)-- Passacaglia (954), Alan T (963), claphamsa (971), ntndeacon (977), Schmidty (989), bsak16 (991), jeheinz (992), Render (999), oliegirl (1027), The Jackal (1032), path12 (1074)
Passacaglia (4)-- Arles (1022), Mr. Wednesday (1062), mauboy1 (1075), Lathum (1080)

Vote count with about a half hour left.

No new votes since the above vote count, so this is official. Writeup coming.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #1108
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
i hardly would call what we were playing poker

just like me at bw3
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #1109
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
just like me at bw3

thats what I was rerering to
Old 01-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #1110
Passacaglia
Coordinator

god damn i hate waiting
Old 01-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #1111
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
thats what I was rerering to

gotcha -- well it was Neon who messed it up anyway!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #1112
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

mmmmm jaggermeister!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:15 PM   #1113
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The office numbers dwindle for one more day. Spirits are higher with the numbers of wolves going down, but the loss of the Gossip and the knowledge more members of the Crew and Cougars are still around only amps up the pressure.

Today, everyone decides to focus that one pressure one worker, who was seen foolishly spouting off about office politics a little bit louder than whisper level early in the morning.

Is the worker guilty? Some think so. Some don't care. And the wolves will kill anyone.

mauboy1 is FIRED in a landslide...but, alas, he was naught but a regular worker!

The office is a buzz at this surprise, for most were at least a little certain of their choice. The queasiness settles in, as you all know the Boss still has one more cut to make today.

This time, he doesn't even bother with the office, and goes straight to Arles' desk.

"Son, you just talk too much and do too little. I can't afford to keep you around anymore. Please gather your things and collect your last paycheck at HR," he said gruffly before going back to the office.

Arles is utterly shocked, protesting there is no way someone as important as he could be fired! And, yet, he is.

Arles was the Fool! And the Department loses another one today.

Role PMs coming.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #1114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
gotcha -- well it was Neon who messed it up anyway!

I thought you were all terrible, but what do know.

not like I play poker for a living
Old 01-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #1115
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, crap.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #1116
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

A huge different turn out compared to last night. LOL Only four people viewing the thread. Well, five now.

There is a role out there to change the outcome of the vote, isn't there? Maybe it was used smartly tonight.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #1117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well that sucked.

hopefully mauboy learned something
Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #1118
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
well that sucked.

hopefully mauboy learned something

Yeah, dude. I'll have to ask you about that after the game.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #1119
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

hes from wisconsin learnning is beyond him!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #1120
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
hes from wisconsin learnning is beyond him!

Apparently the same goes for Marylanders as well.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #1121
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I owe someone a thank you
Old 01-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #1122
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I guess I was on to something - it's a shame I couldn't see it through. Any rate, good luck to the remaining workers!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #1123
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Now, as to the deadline, this is a tough one.

Pass doesn't say he can't get to the Internet, just that it will be hard. I can see it being very hard for jeheinz72 and clap, and I mostly troubled by jeheinz's situation.

But I am also looking at going from a slightly early deadline tonight to a very late deadline Monday night (which is a two-job day for me). That is just far too long to keep people (more than 72 hours!) on one day with nothing going.

Here's my compromise. I'm going to run the Day Five sim early, early Monday morning, my time. 4 a.m. PDT MON (7 a.m. EST). Hopefully this will give the weekenders a chance to check in and vote.

And then I will run the Day Six sim late MON night, as scheduled, with the 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PDT deadline in effect (although I won't be able to run out for 2-3 hours after that).

Best solution I can think of without just completely cutting one way or another, so I hope that will work for you guys.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #1124
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Sounds good.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #1125
Schmidty
Coordinator

Disaster.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:16 PM   #1126
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just got home, sorry I've been gone all day since this morning. I don't really have alot to add from yesterday though, since we didn't really learn alot from this vote today.

I'm going to continue on my train of thought though. I have a really hard time believing of the group who voted off both Fink and Farrah that Sndvls was the only wolf, so think either both The Jackal and Passacaglia are wolves, or I have a 50/50 chance of getting one of them.

Deciding between the two, I have my thoughts about the jackal that I brought up yesterday stating how Jeheinz was pretty solid after him, and Jeheinz seems to come across as a member of Farrah/Fink's team so far based on what I put together last night. To balance that though, I feel even stronger about Mr.Wednesday's being a part of Farrah/Fink's team and he seems pretty strong after Passacaglia today.

To couple that with Arles also being pretty strong after Passacaglia, I'm going to go there with my vote, I feel I have a better chance of him being a wolf than The Jackal (unless both are wolves) at this point.

Want to get this in before the weekend. It is my weekend with the girls, so I have to drive a few hours to Connecticut on Sunday and I'm not sure if I'll get back tommorrow night or not.

Vote Passacaglia
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #1127
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Damn damn damn. I know he's a newbie and all but damn, I wish Mau hadn't turned suspicion on him early on today and put us in the position he did...I know he apologized and all but damn damn damn.

I'll check in tomorrow afternoon or night to see what is going on...I won't be home most of the day tomorrow.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #1128
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Just got home, sorry I've been gone all day since this morning. I don't really have alot to add from yesterday though, since we didn't really learn alot from this vote today.

I'm going to continue on my train of thought though. I have a really hard time believing of the group who voted off both Fink and Farrah that Sndvls was the only wolf, so think either both The Jackal and Passacaglia are wolves, or I have a 50/50 chance of getting one of them.

Deciding between the two, I have my thoughts about the jackal that I brought up yesterday stating how Jeheinz was pretty solid after him, and Jeheinz seems to come across as a member of Farrah/Fink's team so far based on what I put together last night. To balance that though, I feel even stronger about Mr.Wednesday's being a part of Farrah/Fink's team and he seems pretty strong after Passacaglia today.

To couple that with Arles also being pretty strong after Passacaglia, I'm going to go there with my vote, I feel I have a better chance of him being a wolf than The Jackal (unless both are wolves) at this point.

Want to get this in before the weekend. It is my weekend with the girls, so I have to drive a few hours to Connecticut on Sunday and I'm not sure if I'll get back tommorrow night or not.

Vote Passacaglia

There are some things in this post that really don't seem to jive with me, but I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to really look into it more. All I can say is that I'm good. I think the public opinion was that mau and I couldn't have been collaborating in our votes -- which is true, since we're both villagers. Mau said something that struck me as odd earlier this evening -- something about how I have a better chance than him of being a wolf. I was mostly just messing with him because I thought he was a wolf then (yeah, my bad), but it seemed weird to me, since the fact that he piled on right after me both times (and even asked me to change my vote once before piling on) made him seem much more wolflike, especially given the way he was acting and the lies he was telling last night. I think most of you guys can see that it was an honest mistake.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:15 AM   #1129
RendeR
Coordinator

Unfortunately Pass, honest mistakes in werewolf games get you hung.

I'll post a vote on Sunday at some point.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:34 AM   #1130
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Unfortunately Pass, honest mistakes in werewolf games get you hung.

I'll post a vote on Sunday at some point.

I'll be waiting with bated breath!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #1131
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

VOTE ALAN T

Vote Passacaglia

So here's what struck me about your post: You suspected JE as coming across as a member of the Farrah/fink team. That struck me as odd immediately, since I thought he voted FOR both Farrah and fink. I went back and did some digging, and it he put the first vote in for fink. He didn't vote for Farrah, but he talked about it a lot. Plus, he voted WITH Farrah on Day 1 -- both of them voted for The Jackal. I could see all this evidence pointing either way.

But this made me take notice of your voting history, Alan. You had the 3rd vote on Farrah, and the post in which you voted seemed to indicate that you were already setting someone else up to take the fall. Post #750:

Quote:
*shrug* Fine.. Since everyone is so sure she's a wolf. I am amazed at how much information you all get as villagers, since I must have missed the interoffice memo.

Just remember, when one wolf team has all of the people and easily walk through us because we have no seer left that it wasn't my fault we lost.

Unvote Jeheinz
Vote Farrah

At this time, there were only two villagers with votes on Farrah -- me and my sidekick mau. Your vote for Farrah made it 3 to a couple 1s, and things just sort of snowballed. I think it's strange how you make it seem like you're defending Farrah, while you're actually helping kill her -- if you look like you're defending her, you avoid suspicion when we come after the other team, which appeared to be me and mau. Then the coup de grace -- Arles dies overnight, my biggest accuser. I think things are pointing to me a little too neatly, and artificially so.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #1132
Passacaglia
Coordinator

whoops...my vote got stuck in a quote.

VOTE ALAN T
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #1133
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with Pass,it's all to convienient
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #1134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

NTNDeacon has been very UTR.

I forgot he was playing
Old 01-26-2008, 11:30 AM   #1135
path12
Coordinator

As I've said from early in the game, one thing that is going to stand out to me in this one are players who seem to have an agenda against particular other players. I think that is where wolves are likely to be since they know which team everyone is on. I also think that a newer player who might be a wolf would try and stay out of the fray for the most part and hope to avoid scrutiny for as long as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
I always thought a wolf would try to not be noticed as much as possible, just blend into the surroundings,

Maybe by voting Lathum every day except for the Mau runaway yesterday? That'd be a great way to hide your vote. Especially if you're on the crew, since you also stay out of the scrutiny of actually voting anyone off. In addition, just going through your posts you've also pointed fingers at me, Olie, The Jackal and RendeR. Looks to me that you've got plenty of accusations to make but want to hide from the actual vote record.

VOTE BSAK

I'll be shocked if you're not a wolf.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #1136
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I still think Lathum is the fish and a wolf on one of the factions. I'll use his defense he has used, since everyone seems to not question him at all, by voting for Lathum yesterday it wouldn't have matter.

Lathum is a fish and now a wolf, and I wouldn't be surprised if Path is worried that one of his fellow wolf buddies is in trouble now that the spotlight has shifted towards him.

VOTE LATHUM
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #1137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I actualy think bsak could be the fish trying to get the wolves attention.

Like I said, if they were going to get the fish it would have been last night I think. The fact that there has been a kill every night leads me to believe there hasn't been a conversion yet.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #1138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE BSAK
Old 01-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #1139
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Like I said, if they were going to get the fish it would have been last night I think. The fact that there has been a kill every night leads me to believe there hasn't been a conversion yet.

It will come out at the end that you are the fish. I would bet tons of money on it.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #1140
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It will come out at the end that you are the fish. I would bet tons of money on it.

the only way I am the fish is if I don't know it.

And I'll take that wager, how about a sig bet?
Old 01-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #1141
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

What is your role then?
Old 01-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #1142
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
What is your role then?

why wold you ask that question?

I never said I have a role.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #1143
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Question for both of you guys -- it seems like you're accusing the other of both being the fish, and not a wolf. From my point of view, they're both the same -- bad guys. From your point of view, though, you're drawing a distinction. What's the difference, and why do you think each other is the fish, and not a wolf?
Old 01-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #1144
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I see no difference, they are both bad and I would be happy to rid us of the fish
Old 01-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #1145
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The fact that BSak tried to get me to admit if I have a role and actually asked me to name my role screams bad guy to me.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:26 PM   #1146
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The fact that BSak tried to get me to admit if I have a role and actually asked me to name my role screams bad guy to me.

Yeah, I can't help but see where you're coming from on that one. Is it any better for us to be rid of the fish than a wolf, though? If you think he's the fish, when do you think he might have been converted?
Old 01-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #1147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't think there has been a conversion
Old 01-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #1148
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So here's what struck me about your post: You suspected JE as coming across as a member of the Farrah/fink team. That struck me as odd immediately, since I thought he voted FOR both Farrah and fink. I went back and did some digging, and it he put the first vote in for fink. He didn't vote for Farrah, but he talked about it a lot. Plus, he voted WITH Farrah on Day 1 -- both of them voted for The Jackal. I could see all this evidence pointing either way.

But this made me take notice of your voting history, Alan. You had the 3rd vote on Farrah, and the post in which you voted seemed to indicate that you were already setting someone else up to take the fall. Post #750:

At this time, there were only two villagers with votes on Farrah -- me and my sidekick mau. Your vote for Farrah made it 3 to a couple 1s, and things just sort of snowballed. I think it's strange how you make it seem like you're defending Farrah, while you're actually helping kill her -- if you look like you're defending her, you avoid suspicion when we come after the other team, which appeared to be me and mau. Then the coup de grace -- Arles dies overnight, my biggest accuser. I think things are pointing to me a little too neatly, and artificially so.

You either are being very selective with your digging or I am right on my hunch about you being a wolf and you are selectively trying to choose your arguements. Either way you are wrong.

I have stated since the start of yesterday that I think Jeheinz is a member of Farrah/Fink's team and provided in detail why yesterday. Just to reiterate in case you honestly don't remember and its not a case of you trying to posture...

Jeheinz was the first to vote for Fink, however it was when others already had a vote and there was no clear direction in where people were going to go with their vote. In fact Fink really didn't have much of a target on him for most of that day, including when Jeheinz left for the day admittedly in the afternoon (his post that day said he was leaving for the day). At the time he left, Fink had hardly any pressure on him, and was just one of many that were pretty far behind Render in votes at the time. It was only after Jeheinz had left for the day and he couldn't do anything about it did Fink pick up steam. My thought here is that it was an attempt to throw a vote on a teammate early in a way that would come in handy later on in the game exactly how you are arguing right now.

I showed yesterday how the remainder of Jeheinz actions had been almost in line with Farrah/fink's team. If you want me to go back to the post I made about it yesterday I can, but I'm short on time tonight and would rather people interested in it, go reference it from the previous day.

As for where you try to divert attention from yourself back to me about my vote for Farrah.. you really have to make up your mind whether you want to argue that I was defending her or trying to kill her.. you can't honestly try to argue both here. Once again anyone who wants can go back to the arguement that morning.. Your arguement was that we need to kill Farrah ASAP.. My arguement was that I thought both her as well as some of your group (You, Mau, the Jackal) were wolves and that I didn't want to see one team far ahead of the other. I got frustrated that absolutely no one other than Arles has been siding with me on that though this game and changed to kill Farrah. I still stand by what I said though, I'm happy we're killing wolves, but everyone is going to come back and have to admit I was right at some point if we get stuck behind the 8-ball with one team eliminated and no sure clues where to go for the other team.

The way I see it right now, only Arles and I were arguing that point strong, and he got killed off. And I figure that I am likely going to be next.

Quote:

You keep bringing this up, but the rules seem to state to me that conversions can happen independant of kills this game. I don't think you can go by no nights without a kill as proof of no conversion this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Game Roles & Rules
Also each day, the Crew and the Cougars will have the opportunity to seek out the Fish and convince him to join their side. More on the Fish in the department roles.

I already put together my reasons the previous day why I felt you were unlikely to be a wolf Lathum, and while a conversion can always come in and throw off any circle of trust or start of one, I've always always argued in every WW game that it is crazy to try to suddenly hunt down where a conversion might have come in to effect and who it would have been. I have always felt you hunt down the wolves that started off the game and then worry about the possible conversions... You may or may not be the fish, heck if I know and honestly I think it is foolish for us to worry about it right now. We have 5 people that I put together thoughts on that lead strongly to possibly being a wolf that we need to look at closer. (I had 6 with mauboy in there previously. The other 5 are Passacaglia, The Jackal, Jeheinz, Mr.Wednesday and I had some thoughts about ntndeacon).

Do I think that is all of the wolves? Probably not, I also think there probably are villagers in the bunch too that I am wrong on, but we have to start somewhere, and we can either go with people's patterns so far this game, or we can guess blindly. I am choosing the former.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #1149
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
As for where you try to divert attention from yourself back to me about my vote for Farrah.. you really have to make up your mind whether you want to argue that I was defending her or trying to kill her.. you can't honestly try to argue both here. Once again anyone who wants can go back to the arguement that morning.. Your arguement was that we need to kill Farrah ASAP.. My arguement was that I thought both her as well as some of your group (You, Mau, the Jackal) were wolves and that I didn't want to see one team far ahead of the other. I got frustrated that absolutely no one other than Arles has been siding with me on that though this game and changed to kill Farrah. I still stand by what I said though, I'm happy we're killing wolves, but everyone is going to come back and have to admit I was right at some point if we get stuck behind the 8-ball with one team eliminated and no sure clues where to go for the other team.

Sorry Alan, I should have been more clear in my argument. I wasn't trying to argue both that you were defending her and trying to kill her -- I was arguing that you were trying to kill her, while making it seem to us like you were defending her. You put in the vote, knowing a bandwagon would ensue (because she had been scanned), but did it in a way to try to make it seem like you're not on the team against her.

NOW you say you thought that her as well as some of me, mau, and The Jackal were wolves, but that's why I quoted your post earlier. You said:

"*shrug* Fine.. Since everyone is so sure she's a wolf. I am amazed at how much information you all get as villagers, since I must have missed the interoffice memo."

You're not exactly brimming with confidence here. To your credit, you warned against killing two wolves from the same team, but you made sure to make it seem like you weren't the one against them. But why all the hesitation, and the implication that the people accusing Farrah had some kind of inside information? I told you why I thought Farrah was a wolf -- the seer put in a vote for her first thing in the morning. I mentioned how he plays as the seer in the Willy Wonka game -- did you go back to look at that? I saw that you were in that game, but maybe I remember it more than you, since I was pretty hard on him for voting saldana first thing in the morning two days in a row like that.

And yes, no one other than Arles had been siding with you, mostly because of mau's play. If he hadn't lied to me, then came out with a fake reveal, I'm sure it would have been a close race between the two of us. As it was, when mau came up good, Arles was definitely not going to be the only person on your side -- I'm sure a few others here would agree that they were already thinking yesterday that if mau came up good, they'd look at me (in fact, if I recall, a few might have mentioned it -- I'll look if you want). But none so much as Arles. His death seems like an attempt to make me look more wolfish, to finish me off.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:29 AM   #1150
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I didn't see people suddenly jump to kill Path earlier because of Barkeep's death, I don't think I've seen anyone yet say Arles was killed, he must have been right about Pass and that is proof! You are the only one who seems to be arguing that right now.

I am guessing Arles was killed simply because he was the only semi-cleared villager that everyone trusted. The fact that he agreed with me and would have voted with me is just plain inconvienant for me today.