UNVOTE JACKALL

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #1252
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Well that is b/c you are a Michigan fan, but in spite of this flaw, we've all learned to accept you as you are and wade through your lengthy and convoluted posts

Just kidding Pass - you know I just like to give you shit every now and then! But deep down you know I love you

I'll think of that whenever I use my Michigan blanket! Maybe it'll help me figure out what just happened while I was away from the computer for a few minutes...
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #1253
RendeR
Coordinator

damnit people stop votng for the same guy as I type
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #1254
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm still torn on the Pass/AlanT debate, I just don't know what to think. Everything either of them has said could vouch for them being good, or it could be that they are wolves on opposite teams and are trying to off each other. Since I can't decide which of them I trust, I'm going to just go with my gut and vote on someone I know I don't trust at this point...NTNDeacon. He's been way too quiet throughout the whole game, and we are a week into it at this point...he's a good player, but not as "well known" as RendeR/Path/Pass/Alan/Lathum...I'm worried that he's letting them take the heat and battle things out, and he's just laying low and letting them fight while he is behind the scenes.

VOTE NTNDEACON

As always, I'm leaving the option of changing my vote out there, but unless something big goes down, probably won't.

I admit that would have been my ploy if I was a wolf. Of course it is my ploy in a lot of games. Even with out the now 3 votes on me it would be pretty easy to vote me off. so I don't mind horribly being voted for. Of course I will try to make a few of you change your minds though.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #1255
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'll think of that whenever I use my Michigan blanket! Maybe it'll help me figure out what just happened while I was away from the computer for a few minutes...

I was gonna ask if you still had it

You know I was just teasing you...and as for what happened, it looks like everyone decided at the same time (including me) that NTN was the way to vote today...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #1256
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in terms of why I am voting as I am. I admit that it is possible that I am being lead around by the nose on Pass. But I tend to agree with Alan and Arles' early ideas on Pass.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #1257
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

This is cribbed from Alan's post after I think day 3. While voting records are not necessarily definitive, I also think that the wolves have less latitude than usual to spread their votes due to the Cougar vs. Crew dynamic.

bulletsponge (7) -- Barkeep (95), oliegirl (110), Arles (163), Render (199), st.cronin (233), Mr. Wednesday (262), Lathum (227)
Lathum (5)-- claphamsa (97), bsak16 (162), SnDvls (207), Passacaglia (238), bulletsponge (240)
oliegirl (2)-- Alan T (123), Schmidty (134)
The Jackal (2)-- jeheinz (148), Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (208)
Barkeep49 (1)-- path12 (130)
Schmidty (1)-- mauboy1 (135)
Passacaglia (1)-- ntndeacon (136)
Mr. Wednesday (1)-- finkenst (253)
jeheinz (1)-- the Jackal (256)

finkenst (9)-- jeheinz72 (360), path12 (377), The Jackal (414), Lathum (426), SnDvls (489), Render (491), Passacaglia (568), Schmidty (578), mauboy1 (590)
Render (5)-- Arles (361), oliegirl (403), claphamsa (514), Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (518), Mr. Wednesday (685)
Lathum (1)-- bsak16 (395)
SnDvls (1)-- ntndeacon (392)
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (1)-- st.cronin (346)
jeheinz72 (1)-- Alan T (349)

Not Voted: finkenst

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (7)-- Passacaglia (719), mauboy1 (721), Alan T (750), oliegirl (804), ntndeacon (805), The Jackal (811), SnDvls (815)
SnDvls (3)-- Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (837), Mr. Wednesday (842), path12 (868)
bsak16 (2)-- Lathum (818), Schmidty (872)
Lathum (2)-- bsak16 (769), Render (788)
mauboy1 (1)-- jeheinz72 (778)
path12 (1)-- Arles (720)
Alan T (1)-- claphamsa (767)[/quote]

----

Day 4 Count (as of Post 1082) ultimately final

mauboy1 (11)-- Passacaglia (954), Alan T (963), claphamsa (971), ntndeacon (977), Schmidty (989), bsak16 (991), jeheinz (992), Render (999), oliegirl (1027), The Jackal (1032), path12 (1074)
Passacaglia (4)-- Arles (1022), Mr. Wednesday (1062), mauboy1 (1075), Lathum (1080)

Day 5 Final Count

bsak16 (9)-- path12 (1135), Lathum (1138), Render (1182), Passacaglia (1185), oliegirl (1186), Alan T (1189), The Jackal (1195), Schmidty (1198), ntndeacon (1200)
Lathum (1)-- bsak16 (1136)
Passacaglia (1)-- Mr. Wednesday (1166)

Not Voted: claphamsa, jeheinz72

We basically learned nothing yesterday. Day 4 was somewhat more interesting, as three known non-wolves plus me (claimed as a non-wolf) voted for Passacaglia. About the only thing I'd take from that is that there's a degree of likelihood that he isn't Crew. But I don't take much more away from the day than that.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #1258
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Maybe Passacaglia was unlucky, or intentionally spoofed, in his voting record in the first three days. He's a pretty good suspect at this point.

ntndeacon is an interesting candidate. He voted for Passacaglia on day 1 and SnDvls on day 2, where neither were in any danger; that could be a pair of "trust trail" votes. The vote for Farrah was right in the range were it might be classified as decisive, pushing it into rout territory (the next nearest competitor SnDvls didn't have one vote yet at that point). The mauboy1 vote was very early, the bsak vote was a late pile-on. Also, he announced early on today that he was going to vote with me, which might be a play to curry favor with me, or to cast suspicion on me.

I'm not sure there's anything there that makes me feel strongly, though.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 01-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #1259
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am glad the SnDvls vote was mentioned. on that day there was a list that someone put out, (I think Arles) He had done his analysis of the game t othat point, and suggested three possible names. he went Render. I had the theory at the time that Arles was bad and was giving a list that had some that were villagers and some wolves from the other tribe. I figured he had voted for a villager to further himself in the eyes of our moderator, so I chose another on that list.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #1260
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I was gonna ask if you still had it

You know I was just teasing you...and as for what happened, it looks like everyone decided at the same time (including me) that NTN was the way to vote today...

Yeah of course I know you were just teasing!

And yeah, looking at how it went down, it seems likely you and JE voted at the same time. It's timestamped at the same minute, and your post is a lot longer -- I doubt you could have seen JE's post, then typed yours up, all in the same minute.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #1261
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

LOL...I started typing, then got interrupted, so it took me about 20 minutes to get my vote posted...when I hit submit, there were already 2 or 3 other votes for him.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #1262
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Strange run or not, my vote is stickin'.

Catch you guys in the AM.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #1263
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
We basically learned nothing yesterday. Day 4 was somewhat more interesting, as three known non-wolves plus me (claimed as a non-wolf) voted for Passacaglia. About the only thing I'd take from that is that there's a degree of likelihood that he isn't Crew. But I don't take much more away from the day than that.

I don't think we get much from the day 4 voting either when you consider that Pass only had two votes on him by the time Mauboy1 had like 11 or so. There wouldn't have been much inducement for any of the wolves not to join in that pile-on, I'd think.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #1264
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Yeah, I guess I should have said "only slightly more interesting". It really was interesting to me to see three in blue plus myself on Passacaglia, though, I hadn't realized at the time that it worked out like that.

It always seemed like you would have something interesting to say in the first few games I played with you... any deep thoughts?

Old 01-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #1265
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
It always seemed like you would have something interesting to say in the first few games I played with you... any deep thoughts?

I assume that after those first couple games you realized that I usually don't have anything interesting to say.......

I keep looking over the voting and thinking that I should be able to pick out the teams from that, but don't seem to have much luck. I do think that it is most likely that Passacaglia and Alan are both wolves on different teams. I'm not sure which is which though. It's the only thing that makes sense to me with the back and forth that they have been going through. Keys back to my central theory that people pushing agendas on others are most likely bad in this game.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #1266
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I've been leaning towards sticking with the Passacaglia vote all day, and I've settled on doing just that.

VOTE PASSACAGLIA

Hopefully we learn more today than we did the previous two days.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #1267
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I assume that after those first couple games you realized that I usually don't have anything interesting to say.......

I keep looking over the voting and thinking that I should be able to pick out the teams from that, but don't seem to have much luck. I do think that it is most likely that Passacaglia and Alan are both wolves on different teams. I'm not sure which is which though. It's the only thing that makes sense to me with the back and forth that they have been going through. Keys back to my central theory that people pushing agendas on others are most likely bad in this game.

There's not much to argue with here, in general (and seriously, I do usually find something interesting in your offhand comments when you're not a wolf), but one observation I would make of Alan is that he tends to push an agenda in every game he plays. That would make him look more wolf-like in this game, whether or not he is one.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #1268
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Has anyone been keeping track of the vote count?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #1269
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Has anyone been keeping track of the vote count?

Not enough. I'll go back and look.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #1270
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Passacaglia -- Alan T (1208), ntndeacon (1217), Mr. Wednesday (1266)
Alan T -- Passacaglia (1212)
ntndeacon -- jeheinz72 (1247), oliegirl (1248), RendeR (1249)
Old 01-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #1271
Passacaglia
Coordinator

not vote -- claphamsa, path12, Schmidty, The Jackal
Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #1272
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

A 2 way tie with 4 votes out there...47 minutes til deadline.

You gonna move your vote in the interest of self preservation Pass????
Old 01-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #1273
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

so no votes for a loooong time. and were tied! pass seems more guilty to me! but i can be changed!

vote passacaligula

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #1274
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hm, this is an important vote. Pass or deacon. I still have twenty minutes so I'm going to look through a few pages before I decide. If either of you are around and what to sum up to me why I should vote for the other, feel free.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:41 PM   #1275
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
but one observation I would make of Alan is that he tends to push an agenda in every game he plays. That would make him look more wolf-like in this game, whether or not he is one.

I don't disagree with that, but I'd expect more of a helpful villager vibe, which I'm not getting this time for some reason. But I'll freely admit that Alan is always kind of hard for me to read.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #1276
path12
Coordinator

Well, I said I'd leave the Pass/Alan thing alone, so I will.

VOTE NTNDEACON

I wish I had a better reason than you're the only other candidate, but I don't.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #1277
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
A 2 way tie with 4 votes out there...47 minutes til deadline.

You gonna move your vote in the interest of self preservation Pass????

Of course!

UNVOTE ALAN T
VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #1278
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

One observation: Pretty much all the golfing buddies are gone, but none of the temps. A tie would be a bad thing, as a tie between a wolf and a temp would lynch the temp.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #1279
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I agree.....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #1280
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

do we know how many temps?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #1281
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm honestly not sure which of these two I think is a wolf, so I'm going to let the majority to this point decide it, instead of trying to force a tie.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #1282
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Feel free to cast a vote somewhere else to make a point.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #1283
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

claphamsa, no, we don't know how many temps.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #1284
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

am i the onlyone hanfing out for the deadline?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #1285
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm not that suprised that someone managed to find a way to save Passacaglia near the deadline. I am a little suprised at one of the two people who were involved in it though.

Oh well, if Pass is still alive tommorrow, I'll vote him again.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #1286
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
am i the onlyone hanfing out for the deadline?

Chief won't be home for a few hours from work. I'm east coast and get up in 7 hours for work. So I'm heading to bed myself, I'll check out the outcome in the morning.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #1287
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well even with it tied y'all wolves were ok. you were gonna get me lynched even then.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #1288
RendeR
Coordinator

Wow, little or nothing after all that earlier? If there are people who were around and didn't vote I'm gonna seriously look at you guys next. No excuse not to vote in one direction or the other, maybe right, maybe wrong but sitting back doing nothing is always wrong.

NTN if you're a temp I'm sorry, but I had to go with what I had in front of me. I probably should have split between pass and alan, but knowing we've got one wolf team ahead of the other It made me pause for fear of handing one wolf group an easy win.

Sorry dude.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #1289
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Uh, RendeR, I'm 99% sure that if Passacaglia is a wolf, he's a Cougar.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #1290
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, which is to say, you're only helping the wolves if he's not a wolf. If he is a wolf, he's almost certainly the type of wolf we want to be offing.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #1291
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
One question Chief before you go, if the fish is converted, and then killed do they show up as a wolf or a fish? Maybe Lathum was right that bsak was the fish afterall.

Both. The Fish will be ID'd as the Fish, and then what side he is on, which reveals if he had been converted or not.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:50 PM   #1292
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Chief, is there any penalty for not voting? Just want to be sure before I get goin' too much.

No, I said earlier I wouldn't have that (although I thought about switching just because clap actually posted he was leaving for the weekend the other day without bothering to vote ).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:08 AM   #1293
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Final Day 6 Count

ntndeacon (5)-- jeheinz72 (1247), oliegirl (1248), Render (1249), path12 (1276), Passacaglia (1277)
Passacaglia (4)-- Alan T (1208), ntndeacon (1217), Mr. Wednesday (1266), claphamsa (1273)

No Vote: Schmidty, The Jackal

Old 01-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #1294
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

At this point, the department is just weary from the stress. Is there no end in sight?

Several days of ironclad "locks" in voting have given way to confusion today, as several candidates are brought up.

It is with some surprise that three rise at once to proclaim the name of one whom has yet been much mentioned--ntndeacon. Still others claim Passacaglia needs to go. It becomes a race to the end.

At the end of the day, the Boss calls both Passacaglia and ntndeacon into the office. He speaks with both of them briefly, and then walks with them to the door.

As he is about to close the door on the pair, everyone can hear him say, "I'm sorry, ntndeacon, but as a temp worker, it is simply easier to let you go right now. Please clear out your things."

ntndeacon has been fired! He was just a Temp and on the side of the Department!

The Boss then walks over to Alan's desk at wrap up time. He whispers in his ear, and no one can make out what he says until the end.

"I hope you had your resume out there, Alan," the Boss said, not unkindly. "You had to know with your friends gone, you likely wouldn't stick around much longer either. Good luck, son."

Alan T has been fired by wolf influence--and he was a WOLF! The last remaining member of the Crew!

With the Crew eliminated, the Cougars now become a regular wolf team, attempting to achieve a 1:1 ratio with the Department. The Department's goal of complete wolf annihilation remains the same.

Day Seven Deadline with be 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PDT!

(and this time I will be here).

Old 01-29-2008, 01:51 AM   #1295
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

VOTE PASSACAGLIA

I have a hard time believing Alan would be tilting that hard at someone who wasn't a Cougar.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #1296
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Updating the omnibus...

bulletsponge (7) -- Barkeep (95), oliegirl (110), Arles (163), Render (199), st.cronin (233), Mr. Wednesday (262), Lathum (227)
Lathum (5)-- claphamsa (97), bsak16 (162), SnDvls (207), Passacaglia (238), bulletsponge (240)
oliegirl (2)-- Alan T (123), Schmidty (134)
The Jackal (2)-- jeheinz (148), Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (208)
Barkeep49 (1)-- path12 (130)
Schmidty (1)-- mauboy1 (135)
Passacaglia (1)-- ntndeacon (136)
Mr. Wednesday (1)-- finkenst (253)
jeheinz (1)-- the Jackal (256)

finkenst (9)-- jeheinz72 (360), path12 (377), The Jackal (414), Lathum (426), SnDvls (489), Render (491), Passacaglia (568), Schmidty (578), mauboy1 (590)
Render (5)-- Arles (361), oliegirl (403), claphamsa (514), Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (518), Mr. Wednesday (685)
Lathum (1)-- bsak16 (395)
SnDvls (1)-- ntndeacon (392)
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (1)-- st.cronin (346)
jeheinz72 (1)-- Alan T (349)

Not Voted: finkenst

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (7)-- Passacaglia (719), mauboy1 (721), Alan T (750), oliegirl (804), ntndeacon (805), The Jackal (811), SnDvls (815)
SnDvls (3)-- Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (837), Mr. Wednesday (842), path12 (868)
bsak16 (2)-- Lathum (818), Schmidty (872)
Lathum (2)-- bsak16 (769), Render (788)
mauboy1 (1)-- jeheinz72 (778)
path12 (1)-- Arles (720)
Alan T (1)-- claphamsa (767)

Day 4 Count (as of Post 1082) ultimately final

mauboy1 (11)-- Passacaglia (954), Alan T (963), claphamsa (971), ntndeacon (977), Schmidty (989), bsak16 (991), jeheinz (992), Render (999), oliegirl (1027), The Jackal (1032), path12 (1074)
Passacaglia (4)-- Arles (1022), Mr. Wednesday (1062), mauboy1 (1075), Lathum (1080)

Day 5 Final Count

bsak16 (9)-- path12 (1135), Lathum (1138), Render (1182), Passacaglia (1185), oliegirl (1186), Alan T (1189), The Jackal (1195), Schmidty (1198), ntndeacon (1200)
Lathum (1)-- bsak16 (1136)
Passacaglia (1)-- Mr. Wednesday (1166)

Not Voted: claphamsa, jeheinz72

Final Day 6 Count

ntndeacon (5)-- jeheinz72 (1247), oliegirl (1248), Render (1249), path12 (1276), Passacaglia (1277)
Passacaglia (4)-- Alan T (1208), ntndeacon (1217), Mr. Wednesday (1266), claphamsa (1273)

No Vote: Schmidty, The Jackal

Old 01-29-2008, 02:05 AM   #1297
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I count nine players remaining, of whom three are Cougars and the remainder are normal workers or temps.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:42 AM   #1298
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
VOTE PASSACAGLIA

I have a hard time believing Alan would be tilting that hard at someone who wasn't a Cougar.

Really? Wouldn't that be his optimal strategy? He was the lone member of his team, heavily outnumbered. Shouldn't his strategy be to go after villagers and remain nonconfrontational, just to stay alive?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:43 AM   #1299
Passacaglia
Coordinator

But I'll have to think on this more -- I expected Alan to be a member of the Cougars, so this is a surprise to me.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:52 AM   #1300
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

I'm really not sure what my read on Pass is, he's been fairly laid back (at least for him) which makes me wonder if he is a wolf. But I don't really have a good read on anyone else at this point either, which of course, sucks. Not sure where today will go...

I'll be out for part of the day, we are heading out to find a new puppy, but we'll be home by 3 ET.