Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2015, 05:08 PM   #2351
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just got Motorsport Manager today and I'm addicted.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:41 PM   #2352
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Just got Motorsport Manager today and I'm addicted.

Just purchased this as I will be on an airplane tomorrow for a couple hours. Looking forward to it.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #2353
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Ball King. GREAT little game.
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #2354
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

anybody here plays Capitals, the word game?

FM
Old 07-21-2015, 07:37 PM   #2355
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
anybody here plays Capitals, the word game?

FM

Nope but I'm kind of hooked on Alphabear.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:20 AM   #2356
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 is out on ios.

Monsters Ate My Metropolis is also out! Definitely has me hooked.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #2357
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

freakishly addicted to Tap Sports Football. It's got NFLPA rights but not NFL so you get real players but no team name.

It's VERY simplistic. Gameplay is asynchronous turn based and you play drive by drive. You don't call plays and the only impact you have on your player is one touch on the screen. If it's a pass play, you can do one of two things: touch anywhere on the screen to pass to the player running the route or touch the red square for you QB to go to an outlet pass. For a running play, you have one touch of the screen that will have your ball carrier make one, and only one, cut.

It's free but I just paid the silly 99 cents to get a silver player, a bronze player and most importantly, remove all ads...

I don't know if we can set up a league per se, but you can challenge FB friends or other people by email I think...

App Shopper: Tap Sports Football (Games)

FM
Old 08-15-2015, 10:46 PM   #2358
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
freakishly addicted to Tap Sports Football. It's got NFLPA rights but not NFL so you get real players but no team name.

It's VERY simplistic. Gameplay is asynchronous turn based and you play drive by drive. You don't call plays and the only impact you have on your player is one touch on the screen. If it's a pass play, you can do one of two things: touch anywhere on the screen to pass to the player running the route or touch the red square for you QB to go to an outlet pass. For a running play, you have one touch of the screen that will have your ball carrier make one, and only one, cut.

It's free but I just paid the silly 99 cents to get a silver player, a bronze player and most importantly, remove all ads...

I don't know if we can set up a league per se, but you can challenge FB friends or other people by email I think...

FM

any gamecenter tie in?
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #2359
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst View Post
any gamecenter tie in?

nope, I can start a game one of 4 ways: FB, random opponent, nickname (team name), email.

My team name is Frogmaniacs if anyone wants to send me a challenge...

I set my iPad playing ad videos to get 4 golds everytime and ended up with 300 golds and was able to buy 5 silver players. Not a bad way to quickly improve a team...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 08-15-2015 at 10:53 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #2360
Warhammer
Pro Starter

This is for iPad/PC, but I've been playing on the iPad exclusively is Desktop Dungeons. It's $10 on the App Store, but I have sunk nearly a month straight of playing it, of course my PC dying in the same timeframe didn't hurt.

It is a rogue-like playable in 20 mins. Each dungeon has its own traits and bosses, some are completely random. There are 8 races and 16 normal classes then an additional 4 monster classes. Each race has its own special ability based upon converting/sacrificing items. Then each class has 3 abilities. The unique take this game has is unexplored areas are a resource. For every unexplored tile you reveal you gain health and mana, but damaged monsters also heal. Finally, there are altars in the game. Each god has its own code of conduct, follow it and you are rewarded with piety which you can use for boons, if you don't you can be punished. You can also convert if you wish from one to another.

In addition to the dungeons there are quests which unlock things, items, potions, and buildings for your kingdom (which unlock classes and races).

So a boss fight might consist of using strength prior to each strike, when health gets low, down a potion or two, continue fighting, desecrate another god's altar for piety , grab a boon from your god, cast first strike and kill the boss.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #2361
nol
Banned

Is anyone using a 3rd-party Twitter app? I've gradually been discovering that the one I've used for the past couple years isn't up to snuff when it comes to playing gifs and Vines in the app.

Some of the features that made me switch to my current app in the first place the ability to mark my last read tweet, to change the color scheme to a darker-colored background at night, and the ability to mute certain wordd/phrases on my timeline.

If the actual Twitter app is significantly better than it was two years ago, I wouldn't be opposed to going back to it, but I just wanted to see if anything else out there was worth a look.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #2362
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

anyone playing castles and cards?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:18 PM   #2363
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
Is anyone using a 3rd-party Twitter app? I've gradually been discovering that the one I've used for the past couple years isn't up to snuff when it comes to playing gifs and Vines in the app.

Some of the features that made me switch to my current app in the first place the ability to mark my last read tweet, to change the color scheme to a darker-colored background at night, and the ability to mute certain wordd/phrases on my timeline.

If the actual Twitter app is significantly better than it was two years ago, I wouldn't be opposed to going back to it, but I just wanted to see if anything else out there was worth a look.

Tweetbot has treated me well.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:34 AM   #2364
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I've been having a real good time recently with Subterfuge, a multiplayer area control strategy game. It helps that I have eight friends who are playing it with me.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 02:39 PM   #2365
QuikSand
lolzcat

Soccer Physics

The ratio of time played to skill acquired is awful for me. But I still play it a bit when I've got three minutes to kill.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:27 AM   #2366
QuikSand
lolzcat

Whenever I visit the App Store, I see these various slot machine games among the top grossing offerings.

What the hell are people doing? How can that be fun at all?
Old 03-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #2367
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Soccer Physics

The ratio of time played to skill acquired is awful for me. But I still play it a bit when I've got three minutes to kill.

I really wish this game had a record keeping aspect. I wouldn't be Lakers bad but possibly in Timberwolves territory.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #2368
digamma
Torchbearer

I have been wasting time with a different soccer game called Score! Hero.

And my sister is a CoC fiend and got me to download their latest offering, Clash Royale.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:57 AM   #2369
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've been spending time with Clash Royale as well. So far, I'm enjoying it.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:11 AM   #2370
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

another clash royale vote here.
Just dl friday.

Wish it was a little faster pace. Its essentially one match every 2 hours..
Old 03-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #2371
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Anyone start up a Clash Royale Clan yet?

Also, two big thumbs up for SuperTribes. It's a great Civ-like game.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #2372
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

FM

So, I'm in. Kinda. I like the game dynamic...reminds me a bit of New Star Soccer, as it compresses a complicated sports game into some very simple elements but retains at least the vague shape of the original sport. The one-tap concept is a winner for the tablet/phone crowd.

I don't know where it goes, though. I have played out maybe 10 games with my initial team of hobos, and have started the obvious accumulation of incrementally better players. But...for what purpose? I don't really get the dynamic yet -- I joined a "league" of rookie teams, but two guys are simply paving everyone (I'm guessing these are real money guys who spent $ to get good players). So...what's the real point of all this?

Back to the basics...I like the game. I'll keep playing.

I'm ChesCheapshots, just in case anyone might want a game.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #2373
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
Anyone start up a Clash Royale Clan yet?

Also, two big thumbs up for SuperTribes. It's a great Civ-like game.

Thanks for the SuperTribes tip. I've played a couple of games and enjoy it. I like the 30 turn limit because you can play it in a single session (about 30 minutes). My best score on Medium difficulty was 14,400. I then moved up to hard and got crushed.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #2374
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
freakishly addicted to Tap Sports Football.

FM

So, I'm still enjoying this game, even without any sight ahead. I have progressed to where most of my players are in the 3-6 zone (on scale of 1-9), and I recognize many of the names, at least. Most of my guys are backups of unexciting starters. Just upgraded (?) to the mighty Zach Mettenberger at QB, but our offense will probably remain a power running game behind (chuckle) Shane Vereen. We have gotten two of the #1 draft picks, and got a DL and an OL -- both fine, but neither really thrilling to watch in action.

Playing the game is...well...okay, I guess. I think the luster will wear off pretty soon. I just don't see the point. My players get better and... I do what, exactly? I guess just keep playing and advancing until my gnome illusionist finally gets to that great 7th level spell and then I can... uh, wait. Whatever.

Nice time waster, I guess.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #2375
digamma
Torchbearer

I played Tap Sports for a while in the fall and had the most fun playing with my son. He graduated to Madden and other games and my experience became pretty much like yours.

I think my team is the YellowVikings if you want to shoot a game request.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:35 PM   #2376
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Whenever I visit the App Store, I see these various slot machine games among the top grossing offerings.

What the hell are people doing? How can that be fun at all?

yeah, that stumps me as well. Why would you buy fake currency to gamble with against others if there was no payoff.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #2377
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

yeah, went away from Tap sports football too. Been a long while since I've posted here, or even visited FOFC for that matter.

Been playing Tennis Champs Returns quite a bit lately. For an arcadish kind of tennis game, it's got a pretty nice feel to it. Decent dual stick controls, you play with your little tennis player through a season on the tour and you earn championship points and are ranked. Tournaments every week, some are simple, tiebreaker only play but some feature longer "best of 5" type match. Made to the final of a pretty serious tournament and while I lost in three consecutive sets (7-5, 6-2, 6-0) I still had a feeling that I was doing all I could and it pushed me from 32nd to 12th in the rankings. I am coming to the end of my first season, kinda curious to see how it will unfold in the second season.

Other than that, been playing Marvel's Contest of Champions and recently got into Marvel Puzze Quest to soothe my inner child's need to collect stuff

FM
Old 04-30-2016, 05:41 AM   #2378
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

anybody here plays Marvel's Contest of Champions?

Been playing it a lot recently, so much so that I've into an officer spot for an alliance and we could do with some dedicated players. Of course, if you've never heard of it and start from scratch, you'd have to try and level up as quick as possible, but we've been having a rough go with people leaving and all.

They've been good with updating the game often and just introduced the concept of Alliance War which gives you free candies to improve your squad of champions.

About the game itself, well, it's a brawler type game. Left side of screen is block/dodge, ride side is attack, tap is light, swipe is a bit stronger, hold is highest, with a special attack meter that fills up. You know the style, think Injustice: Gods among us but if you've played that on mobile, CoC is without the insane tapping or frantic swiping on special attacks.

Let me know if anyone is interested...

FM
Old 05-23-2016, 02:35 PM   #2379
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
I played Tap Sports for a while in the fall and had the most fun playing with my son. He graduated to Madden and other games and my experience became pretty much like yours.

I think my team is the YellowVikings if you want to shoot a game request.

So, I remain stuck on this game, in a weird way. My 3yo son thinks it's the living end, and now demands to play with me all the time. To him, the main part of the game is to correctly identify the players by their face pictures (at which he is savant-like).

Anyway, since we play the game a lot, I keep shooting angles to improve my team. My latest conquest was churning out $15,000 leagues one after another and auto playing all the games. I played out a TON onof games and leader boarded my way to 1500 gold and numerous #1 picks. Now my whole offense has turned over and my son is perplexed...he liked Jonas Gray better than Frank Gore at FB, etc.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #2380
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I've been branching out with my iPad games and gotten addicted to playing Talisman Digital Edition. Never had played it before, nor any games with magic-type cards. One criticism I read that it is 'Monopoly with Monsters' but that's one kind of game that's appealing to me, knowing the Trade Mania ('Monopoly with Economy') is still my favorite. Both games play about the same length (2-3 hours) and that's fine with me. I got the Reaper expansion and will slowly get the others once I can consistently not do stupid things.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:24 PM   #2381
QuikSand
lolzcat

I like having an iPad (or iPhone) game that is great for that "play for a few minutes" setting. Can be all reflex/timing, or all thinking/strategy... but I love that jump right in feeling.

Right now, for me, that game is Rodeo Stampede.

Free game, has in-app purchases (none that have presented to me after a couple of days of occasional play).

No idea how deep it gets, but there's a massive "one ore turn" effect with it, which is fine while it lasts.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:10 PM   #2382
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

tried clash royale?
Old 06-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #2383
QuikSand
lolzcat

I gave it a few minutes, but it doesn't scratch the same itch as a throwaway, for me. None of the massive multi games seem to be up my alley, though the only one I gave any time to was Boom Beach (meh).
Old 06-27-2016, 08:00 PM   #2384
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
tried clash royale?

It is my favorite game right now for a quick fix during a short break in the day.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #2385
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Teeny Titans has been a lot of fun so far
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:09 PM   #2386
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone else play mini warriors.

It really is cool on so many levels. It's an easy click through time waster or you can go as deep as you want in the classes and equipment pairing etc.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:17 PM   #2387
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I really enjoyed Teeny Titans, played it to completion (which I don't do a lot). A couple others that have grabbed me recently:

Guild of Dungeoneering, which is a fun little game where you run a guild and send your little guild members out into dungeons. The little guys can level up a bit but also tend to die a lot, but overall will add to the progression of your guild. It's better than I'm making it sound, and there is not IAP as of yet, you just buy the game and get a whole bunch of content.

World of Warriors, in which you acquire cartoony little warriors that are based on historical people or groups and then you fight with them in turn-based fashion with a very simplistic timing mechanism that can modify your damage done. I'm not super far in but so far it has been a good amount of fun. The one downside is that you run out of 'food' fairly quickly once you get a couple levels in (like after 2-3 fights), so you can only play in brief spurts if you aren't wanting to dump in money.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:16 PM   #2388
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm near completing Teeny Titans myself, I dig the pokemon esque feel of it.. But there are some characters which are just unbalanced as hell. I have Serious Bumblebee, and she can beat anyone you throw up against her because her first move has the stun attribute.. So i stun my opponent and just continue hitting them until they die because they never escape the stun animation.

Other than that, a fun little game though. Some interesting twists on the "battling fictional characters" genre.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:14 PM   #2389
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Anyone else play mini warriors.

It really is cool on so many levels. It's an easy click through time waster or you can go as deep as you want in the classes and equipment pairing etc.

I recently downloaded this and am addicted. What platform are you playing on, and do you have a Legion?
Old 09-04-2016, 02:41 PM   #2390
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I recently downloaded this and am addicted. What platform are you playing on, and do you have a Legion?

Android and I am in Hidden Warriors legion
Old 09-06-2016, 07:57 AM   #2391
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Gah, I had already started one with the kids on Android. I have an unaligned account on my iPad.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #2392
Warhammer
Pro Starter

After being addicted to Mini Warriors, I have a new obsession, Mini Warriors Three Kingdoms. It is by the same developer, but set in the Three Kingdoms period. The better heroes in this one are less of a crap shoot than the previous version. You get some through the campaign, while others are bought the same as in Mini Warriors. This gives you at least a certain level army to fight with.

The focus of the game is expanding your empire. The campaign is you trying to expand your empire. As you conquer cities, you unlock some heroes. You start having sieges occur at your cities. These are other players defensive forces. If you defeat them, you get rewards, if you lose they get rewards. As you level up, you tend to see the same players which leads to a bit of a meta game with the army formations.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #2393
AlexB
Pro Starter

Dl'd Really Bad Chess - great fun!

Idea is you get more prestige pieces, so the gameplay is quicker. It does work surprisingly well.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #2394
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I've been spending time with Clash Royale as well. So far, I'm enjoying it.

First, I can't believe this thread hasn't been bumped since October.

Second, anyone whose first instinct after winning a Clash Royale match is to throw the crying king emoji definitely has insecurity issues.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:17 AM   #2395
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I've always found the crying king emojii after winning to be a bit of trolling.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #2396
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm looking for an RPG game for the iPad. Never really played Grimrock on PC, so that's a candidate. Looking for the usual party-buildder, dungeon-crawler, etc. Would welcome any input.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:15 AM   #2397
digamma
Torchbearer

Enjoying New Star Cricket. Same general set up as New Star Soccer, but more challenging for me and harder to manage the boss/fan/team relationship than in NSS (which you always seemed to just be able to play through).
Old 08-28-2017, 09:23 AM   #2398
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Enjoying New Star Cricket. Same general set up as New Star Soccer, but more challenging for me and harder to manage the boss/fan/team relationship than in NSS (which you always seemed to just be able to play through).

I tried this, gave it maybe 6 sessions, and was so frustrated I think I deleted it. I am bad, I am old, and I apparently don't want to learn anything new.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #2399
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Cat Quest. Bad name, GREAT game.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #2400
AlexB
Pro Starter

Tried the Allstar Quarterback game - basically it's New Star Soccer ported to football. It's OK, but without spending cash its immediately a grind of training, watching ads, etc for very slow improvements. It was a relatively quick delete.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote