Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #551
Thomkal
Head Coach

And now Trump's Legal Team-With all due respect the Attorney General, the DOJ did not do a through investigation of voter fraud and he does not have full knowledge of the scope of fraud involved. Paraphrased what they said but that's the jist.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #552
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I believe that this is the sole reason that Trump is continuing to contest the election:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...9f8_story.html
Old 12-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #553
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I believe that this is the sole reason that Trump is continuing to contest the election:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...9f8_story.html

Yep I agree-he's setting up his 2024 campaign/legal defense fund for the crimes he's probably going to be formally accused of.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:20 PM   #554
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Go cheap on the lawyers to contest the election so you can save money for your own personal defense fund.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:43 PM   #555
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yep that's what they think now. Follow ParlerTakes on Twitter. Poor guy has an account there just so he can repost what they say there on Twitter. Barr is officially a Deep State and Bush plant according to the one he's posted so far.

That's top notch entertainment.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:00 PM   #556
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The way this is phrased makes it sound like a potential crime on both sides, not just an attempted bribe from one side.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-01-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #557
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Trump is too slippery to ever get that close to a quid pro quo.

It'll be one of his hangers-on who was selling his access to the Boss. There are a lot of candidates to choose from.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #558
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It's probably Joe Exotic and Rudy. I'm not sure that 2020 wants to introduce a new character this late in the season.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:12 PM   #559
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Pretty sure it is going to be Rudy and the Ukrainians.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #560
Ksyrup

This certainly fits Rudy.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-01-2020, 07:28 PM   #561
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So can you actually pardon someone before they are accused of any crimes?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #562
Ksyrup

Good point. I believe the President can only pardon someone convicted of a federal crime.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #563
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Didn't Ford pardon Nixon for any crimes he may have committed or something like that?
Old 12-01-2020, 07:41 PM   #564
Atocep
Coordinator

You can pardon prior to federal charges. Both Ford and Washington did it. It's incredibly rare though.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:51 PM   #565
Ksyrup

Yeah, I guess I was reading from the Office of the Pardon Attorney which specifies only pardons after conviction, but I guess there's some precedent for pardons before a legal case is even brought.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:06 PM   #566
RainMaker
General Manager

I can't find the link but there was a poll of Republicans to see who they would want as the 2024 candidate if Trump doesn't run. Don Jr and Nikki Haley led at 20% each. Ivanka was up there too at I believe 7%.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:44 AM   #567
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I am seeing lots of pearl-clutching over the reports that Trump is preparing to pardon himself and his inner circle before he leaves office.

I am either too cynical or not cynical enough, but I always thought 100% that he would do this after his 4 or 8 years in office: blanket pardons, justified by anticipated persecution by The Deep State.

I am surprised that people are surprised by it.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:46 AM   #568
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: the only question for me is whether he does the "resign a day early so Pence can pardon him and avoid the questions about a self-pardon" thing.

I don't think he does. Admitting that he might not be able to self-pardon is a sign of weakness. But it wouldn't shock me, either.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:55 AM   #569
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
You can pardon prior to federal charges. Both Ford and Washington did it. It's incredibly rare though.

A lot of stuff happening in the last 4 years were incredibly rare before it seems.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:57 AM   #570
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I am seeing lots of pearl-clutching over the reports that Trump is preparing to pardon himself and his inner circle before he leaves office.

I am either too cynical or not cynical enough, but I always thought 100% that he would do this after his 4 or 8 years in office: blanket pardons, justified by anticipated persecution by The Deep State.

I don't think that is the case. But it's too outrageous to shrug off and treat it as "well, we kinda knew it would come to that"
Where many did seem to fool themselves is talking themselves into a place of "well, we have safeguards in place", which were quite clearly identified as lacking and too often dependent on people respecting unwritten rules/tradition/values.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 12-02-2020 at 08:59 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:08 AM   #571
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I don't think that is the case. But it's too outrageous to shrug off and treat it as "well, we kinda knew it would come to that"
Where many did seem to fool themselves is talking themselves into a place of "well, we have safeguards in place", which were quite clearly identified as lacking and too often dependent on people respecting unwritten rules/tradition/values.

Kinda feel like every president should do this now leaving office or between terms. Why have it be an honorable position when someone like Trump sullied it.

Plus it be a great fuck you to conservatives when progressive do it.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #572
GrantDawg

"Obama before leaving the White House signed orders pardoning himself and Hillary Clinton. Every Republican congressman and senator immediately combusted into flame."
Old 12-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #573
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

It fits the narrative so well. Four years ago, you'd figure a pardon means he's just protecting himself as best he can from prosecution for his crimes. Now it's a perfect two-fer - protection for all of his people with the added bonus that all the flavor-aid drinkers will believe he's protecting himself and all of them from persecution for things they didn't do. To keep the grift going, he almost needs to pardon as many people as possible.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-02-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #574
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

We seem to be inching closer and closer to option 4 (physical removal)...

Mo Brooks plans to challenge Electoral College vote - al.com
Old 12-02-2020, 02:31 PM   #575
JPhillips
General Manager

Dear Dem billionaires,

Just run this over and over on GA TV.

Old 12-02-2020, 03:33 PM   #576
bronconick
College Starter

She or her staff misfiled their TRO to keep Wisconsin's electors from voting Biden. As of right now, the defense doesn't even have to respond until a week after the EC meets.

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status...68556389478400
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:39 PM   #577
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro...ithout-changes

I'm beginning to think that Sidney Powell is a Democratic plant.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:21 AM   #578
Ksyrup

I have paid zero attention to the Hyatt Regency "hearings" being held in a few states regarding the election, but this came across my twitter feed this morning and... WTF? The audience applause is the icing. I half-expected Jerry Springer to jump out and say "let her finish!"

Old 12-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #579
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I have paid zero attention to the Hyatt Regency "hearings" being held in a few states regarding the election, but this came across my twitter feed this morning and... WTF? The audience applause is the icing. I half-expected Jerry Springer to jump out and say "let her finish!"

Must have been must-see TV!

Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:48 AM   #580
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Can you imagine being a judge or a lawmaker having to listen these people.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:51 AM   #581
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I want to party so hard with that woman.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #582
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Can you imagine being a judge or a lawmaker having to listen these people.
Isn't that the whole point of these bogus "hearings" in hotel conference rooms--that judges and lawmakers are *not* present, and therefore the "testimony" can be on camera but not sworn in, and as such full of unchallenged lies and nonsense that MAGA will eat up and keep giving money to support?

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 12-03-2020 at 08:55 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #583
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

haha

there is a clip later on in that twitter thread where she said "democrats like to ruin my life just like they ruined Trumps"

Seems totally unbiased.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #584
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Isn't that the whole point of these bogus "hearings" in hotel conference rooms--that judges and lawmakers are *not* present, and therefore the "testimony" can be on camera and full of lies and nonsense that the base will eat up?

I don't think there are judges but there were lawmakers of some kind asking the questions.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #585
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I don't think there are judges but there were lawmakers of some kind asking the questions.
Heh! I hadn't watched that specific clip. Yeah, I checked and he's an actual Michigan rep. I do believe there was at least of these dog-and-pony shows in a hotel conference room made to look like an official hearing, with a sycophant asking the questions and Rudy's buddies answering.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:32 AM   #586
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oh man - I want those 5+ minutes of my life back. Those clips are so awful in that thread.

SI

Old 12-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #587
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Don't know if she was saying there was widespread fraud but the specific point in the clip about needing a picture id is valid IMO. She should have used better examples.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:30 AM   #588
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Must have been must-see TV!

Speculation she was drunk. I'm rooting for a SNL skit on this with Victoria Jackson.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:54 AM   #589
JPhillips
General Manager

The problem with that is Victoria Jackson is even crazier.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #590
Swaggs
Coordinator

Peak Victoria Jackson is a good call there.

I feel for the poor guy trying to take his job seriously and trying to question her. I'd be looking around to see if I getting Punk'd or something.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:21 AM   #591
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Don't know if she was saying there was widespread fraud but the specific point in the clip about needing a picture id is valid IMO. She should have used better examples.

If "they all look the same" what good is an ID?
Old 12-03-2020, 11:47 AM   #592
GrantDawg

Quote:
It fits the narrative so well. Four years ago, you'd figure a pardon means he's just protecting himself as best he can from prosecution for his crimes. Now it's a perfect two-fer - protection for all of his people with the added bonus that all the flavor-aid drinkers will believe he's protecting himself and all of them from persecution for things they didn't do. To keep the grift going, he almost needs to pardon as many people as possible.
Here is the problem he is creating while trying to "protect" these people: They can now be called to testify and they cannot plead the 5th. They now have the choice of telling the truth, or go to jail for perjury.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:47 AM   #593
GrantDawg

Old 12-03-2020, 12:07 PM   #594
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
If "they all look the same" what good is an ID?

When you look at a pic and compare it to person in front of you, I figure it helps to validate vs not having a pic at all. I assume that's why TSA wants a pic id when you go through security line.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #595
GrantDawg

Call Rudy! I finally found evidence of voter fraud! Oh, wait. It is Republicans again.
Florida attorney under investigation for registering to vote in Georgia, encouraging others to do the same
Old 12-03-2020, 12:33 PM   #596
Kodos
Resident Alien

Let's hope he gets the maximum penalties.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:57 PM   #597
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Oh man - I want those 5+ minutes of my life back. Those clips are so awful in that thread.

SI

You kidding! I want more. Inject it into my veins.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:10 PM   #598
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You kidding! I want more. Inject it into my veins.

It feels like watching, I dunno, the Real Housewives of 1600 Pennsylvania. I have stupid things I watch on TV but I don't watch them to look down at other stupid people - that just seems too mean to me (and not entertaining).

SI

Old 12-03-2020, 03:17 PM   #599
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...a2a3e421c3a52e

Bill Barr is a canny political survivor. And you figure he knows where the bodies are buried (including some that Trump probably doesn't know about).

His actions are showing that he's decided that there's no future with Trump.

Which makes me suspect that there may be no future with Trump.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #600
GrantDawg

Who'd guess it?