Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-15-2020, 10:04 PM   #6751
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The 7 day moving average of new cases is far above any previous number. We've hit well over 100k the past few days in a row. We passed the previous 7-day average high on Oct 26 and it's gone nearly vertical since. The last peak for the 7 day for new cases was on July 25. The corresponding peak of the highest 7 day average for deaths was on August 4 and we could have expected it to pass the previous average around the 5th or 6th, given the rise of new cases that we've seen recently, but it's not quite there yet. We don't know exactly if that's because of better treatment, more tests, or a weaker virus, but we can see a lessening of the strength of the correlation between those numbers. Having said that, we've been beyond that number 4 of the last 6 days, and should jump beyond it on the 8th or 9th at the current rate. The moving average for the last 3 days is at 188% percent of the previous peak moving 7 day where those numbers were derived. Using that, we should expect to see somewhere between 2000-2200 deaths per day as the 7 day moving average again, probably within the next 10-14 days. If the number of cases continues to rise, we'll blow past the previous high for the 7 day moving average for deaths per day (about 2250/day) from way back in April.

Looking at where the numbers are moving in relation to this from a few days ago there's a much weaker correlation between deaths and cases than we had in either wave. We're only now approaching the peak moving 7 day average for the 2nd wave over the summer, despite the number of cases being double the number (7 day moving avg) from that same time period.

We are unlikely to hit 2000 deaths per day and the curve overall may not jump to the heights that we are expecting, or if it does, it may not be until there are even more cases than we have right now (guessing a number upwards of 250k new cases per day).

We know that more testing is showing more cases, but there's also much better therapeutics which are having a positive effect. There's not enough to know how much, if any, the dna of the virus is weakening as it replicates, but it could be having some impact as we get deeper into the 3rd wave.

There's no reason to stop trying to keep things in hand here. The number of infected in the US still only amounts to 3.2% of the population. So we're a long, long way away from just giving up and tossing our cards. But there is reason to believe that we don't need to panic just yet, or over react. As I've said all along, it's about managing it, and finding that happy medium where we fight it on all fronts, and keep driving the number of deaths down as cases rise. The macro numbers there are continuing to trend in the right direction.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:07 PM   #6752
JPhillips
General Manager

There are a number of hospital systems on the verge of capacity with some already turning away patients. Where that's happening, there's already a crisis. The deaths are going to go up in those areas because there aren't staff for patients and people will avoid going to the hospital even for critical care.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:10 PM   #6753
RainMaker
General Manager

We are absolutely going to hit 2k deaths a day. Death is a lagging indicator and we haven't seen levels like this before. Exponential growth and the collapse of some health care systems soon.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:04 AM   #6754
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Looking at where the numbers are moving in relation to this from a few days ago there's a much weaker correlation between deaths and cases than we had in either wave. We're only now approaching the peak moving 7 day average for the 2nd wave over the summer, despite the number of cases being double the number (7 day moving avg) from that same time period.

We are unlikely to hit 2000 deaths per day and the curve overall may not jump to the heights that we are expecting, or if it does, it may not be until there are even more cases than we have right now (guessing a number upwards of 250k new cases per day).

Deaths lag by 14+ days statistically ... Summer peak cases 66k July 15th (yes it rose by another 2k, but that's really where you hit the peak before essentially plateuing. Picking out the end of that plateu isn't sensible for a comparison with now, where it is still accelerating) , summer peak deaths 1170 (Aug 2nd)

Oct 28th was 75k cases, deaths Nov14th were 1150 and climbing rapidly. Cases Nov14th 153k and still climbing rapidly (accelerated growth after Nov1 actually).

Yeah, you can make a case it's a little less of a corelation but that still puts the US on a path to 2k+ soonish and pretty much already baked in. That's sth to rage against and any "happy medium" has to include preventing more infections. Just getting better at treating it (and it won't anymore. What you see now is what you get until designated therapeutics are developed and those are not coming before the end of Winter).

It's not just Covid deaths either: What about people not getting the help they need ? (Excess mortally) What about those with Covid and other shits having their Quality of life severely impacted short of dying ? For everybody dying there is another or two who'll have his life cut short. A ton of people 'recovered' from Covid are actually suffered strokes and major thrombosis during.

And that's not counting the 'mild' cases with mid to longterm effects who might well get better but looses their QOL in the interim in any case, have to put their careers/jobs on hold etc. Or all those missing out on care for other stuff because of unavoidable restrictions, precautions and restructuring by Hospitals and other providers.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-16-2020 at 02:53 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:29 AM   #6755
Edward64
Head Coach

Great news!

Dow and S&P are up 1%+. Nasdaq is down a little (but was up more this morning, not sure if the Moderna news impacted it).

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/16/healt...rus/index.html
Quote:
The Moderna vaccine is 94.5% effective against coronavirus, according to early data released Monday by the company, making it the second vaccine in the United States to have a stunningly high success rate.

"These are obviously very exciting results," said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease doctor. "It's just as good as it gets -- 94.5% is truly outstanding."
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:44 AM   #6756
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:00 AM   #6757
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Burton View Post
Most likely you are right. But after all, each of us, deep down, hopes for the best. If not all, then many expect that statistics will subside and we will be able to return to the usual life as much as possible. In a year of reporting on COVID, we are already exhausted.

Of course we are. Though not as exhausted by half as those behind those statistics and those trying to prevent/improve them. And there's a reason the adage doesn't stop at "hope for the best" but adds a second part to it.

As an aside, things are dire if a german government tries to combat it with humour:

And yes, of course plenty of the internet makes it about them ("how dare they belittle the struggle we face and how dare they not talk about those who can't well just sit home") when in reality this telegraphs who they are adressing very clearly and who they are asking to abstain from what.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-16-2020 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:03 AM   #6758
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Heard on the news today South Dakota has a 58% positivity rate, yet the governor hasn't put any restrictions in place. The reporter said they have been there a day and virtually no one wearing masks, distancing, and it is business as usual.

I get the mouth breathers who will never let the man tell them what to do, but how can government officials who are literally being begged by their own health care workers to take simple steps for prevention be so complicit?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:20 AM   #6759
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

That's pretty glorious.

Edit: whomario's post, obviously.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 11-16-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:54 AM   #6760
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Heard on the news today South Dakota has a 58% positivity rate, yet the governor hasn't put any restrictions in place. The reporter said they have been there a day and virtually no one wearing masks, distancing, and it is business as usual.

I get the mouth breathers who will never let the man tell them what to do, but how can government officials who are literally being begged by their own health care workers to take simple steps for prevention be so complicit?

The MAGA Queen Governor was bragging about their handling of covid a few months ago and turned away the unemployment benefits because they were doing so well.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:59 AM   #6761
Atocep
Coordinator

Washington is going into a semi-shutdown at midnight tonight. No indoor dining, gyms and movie theaters closed, 25% capacity at retail and grocery stores, office workers strongly encouraged to work from home.

Panic buying in full force right now. We saw this coming and stocked up a bit over the past week to avoid the panic buying rush.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:03 AM   #6762
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Washington is going into a semi-shutdown at midnight tonight. No indoor dining, gyms and movie theaters closed, 25% capacity at retail and grocery stores, office workers strongly encouraged to work from home.

Panic buying in full force right now. We saw this coming and stocked up a bit over the past week to avoid the panic buying rush.

Good on TP?
Old 11-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #6763
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Good on TP?

What kind of dipshit asks a question like that?

Yes, we're good.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:32 AM   #6764
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I had to unfollow a friend from Seattle today who is screaming on Facebook that there is zero data showing indoor dining contributes to the spread and this is government controlling us.

Meanwhile friends who own a bar in Seattle are in full support.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:46 AM   #6765
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I had to unfollow a friend from Seattle today who is screaming on Facebook that there is zero data showing indoor dining contributes to the spread and this is government controlling us.

Meanwhile friends who own a bar in Seattle are in full support.

TBH, I don't know if there has been studies that show in-door dining has contributed to the spread assuming diners are 6ft apart and wear masks in common areas.

Honest question - has there been an uptick of infected flyers? Although everyone is wearing masks, they are stuck in a tube and less than 6ft apart for hours.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:20 PM   #6766
henry296
College Starter

Good article from WSJ that we don't know how the majority are getting it because both the US and Europe at horrible at contact tracing.

As COVID-19 surges, the big unknown is where people are getting infected
Old 11-16-2020, 12:33 PM   #6767
Ksyrup

Quote:

Read this twitter thread. People are screaming about the Covid hoax while they are in the hospital dying.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-16-2020, 04:30 PM   #6768
Atocep
Coordinator

Idiots were out protesting mask wearing in front of a locally owned grocerery store in Mill Creek yesterday.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:39 PM   #6769
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Read this twitter thread. People are screaming about the Covid hoax while they are in the hospital dying.

Send em home to die
Old 11-16-2020, 04:40 PM   #6770
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
TBH, I don't know if there has been studies that show in-door dining has contributed to the spread assuming diners are 6ft apart and wear masks in common areas.

Honest question - has there been an uptick of infected flyers? Although everyone is wearing masks, they are stuck in a tube and less than 6ft apart for hours.

I remember seeing a study a while back about restaurants, but they all run together at this point. I do for a fact remember seeing the air filtration systems in planes get rid of over 99% of the particles.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:00 PM   #6771
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep
What kind of dipshit asks a question like that?

Well played, sir.

Where I am we've seen the beginning of holiday and panic shopping hit over the start of the next week. Somebody came in recently and bought over 20 loaves of bread, unapologetically for the express purpose of hoarding. I give them points for honesty, but not much else, particularly when the vendor tried to convince them of the self-evident fact that some of it will go bad before they can use it.

It's only a few items out where I shop - some types of beans, corned beef hash, tp and paper towel etc., bread/butter are all fine. But the combination of holiday sales and the virus will do bad things in time for sure. I'm curious how well we collectively handle it and how much different it is than the spring.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:02 PM   #6772
Edward64
Head Coach

Good article on info regarding covid tests and meeting with family over the holidays.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/16/healt...ess/index.html

Key points:

1) Incubation period is up to 10 days. Lots of false positives if taken too early

Quote:
The study estimated that during four days of infection before symptoms typically started, the probability of getting an incorrect/negative test result on Day 1 was 100%.

On the day people started showing symptoms, the average false-negative rate had dropped to 38%, according to the study. Three days after symptoms started, the false-negative rate dropped to 20%.
:
"There is no hard and fast rule, but the evidence suggests getting a test before the third day after exposure is not of much use," Lessler said.

2) Lots of infections by asymptomatic people.

Quote:
For people who get sick with Covid-19, symptoms can take up to two weeks to appear, but the average time is about five days, Walensky said.

"It's generally thought that you're most infectious the two days before that day and the two days after that," she said.

One reason why this virus spreads so easily is because people can be infectious without any symptoms. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates 40% of infections are asymptomatic, and 50% of transmissions happen before symptoms begin.

3) Rule of thumb if visiting relatives

Quote:
"If you are visiting an elderly family member and have a reasonable risk of having been exposed, there is no substitute for 14 days of quarantine," Lessler said.

"At the very least I would wait 10 days (of quarantining) and have a negative test," he said.

"If you are visiting a younger, healthy family member and have little chance of being exposed before or during travel, then 5 or 7 days (of quarantine) plus a negative test is probably plenty of risk reduction, though no guarantee of safety."
:
It's important to strictly quarantine not just before your Covid-19 test, but after your test as well.

"You should definitely remain in quarantine while awaiting test results and make sure everyone you are getting together with is on the same page about the plan for controlling infection risk," Lessler said.

4) Essentially, best way to celebrate the holidays is remotely.

I think I'll mention to the wife not to take the drive to TX the week after Christmas.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:17 PM   #6773
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
What kind of dipshits asks a question like that?

Yes, we're good.

FIFY
Old 11-16-2020, 10:29 PM   #6774
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Where I am we've seen the beginning of holiday and panic shopping hit over the start of the next week. Somebody came in recently and bought over 20 loaves of bread, unapologetically for the express purpose of hoarding. I give them points for honesty, but not much else, particularly when the vendor tried to convince them of the self-evident fact that some of it will go bad before they can use it.

We've gotten 2 for 1 bread deals before and we stick one in the freezer. It never tastes as good though. I can't imagine buying 20 loaves.

Better for them to buy bread flour, yeast and learn how to bake bread. It won't turn out to be nice and fluffy like store kind but still pretty good.

Quote:
It's only a few items out where I shop - some types of beans, corned beef hash, tp and paper towel etc., bread/butter are all fine. But the combination of holiday sales and the virus will do bad things in time for sure. I'm curious how well we collectively handle it and how much different it is than the spring.

Yes, I do wonder how we and supply chain will fare this second time around.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:54 PM   #6775
PilotMan
Head Coach

In Gatlinburg for a few days and for the most part, people are masking up, but up in Rocky Top, masks must be for pussies, because between the gas station and the liquor store and everything in between, not one single mask was seen. Go Tennessee!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:59 AM   #6776
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i despise holudays anyway so i'm good
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:39 AM   #6777
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Here's an interesting study. Run on mouth wash?

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:31 AM   #6778
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Scientists conducted tests in a laboratory mimicking the conditions of a person's nasopharynx and oropharynx passages, using mouthwash brands such as Dentyl.

Reserachers say Venture Life Group, which makes Dentyl, provided information to the study but did not fund it. The same company will fund the next stage of research.

Study definitely not funded by a mouthwash company or dental trade group trying to shield themselves from liability...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:19 AM   #6779
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ya know there's gonna be a run on mouthwash now, so get it while you can!
Old 11-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #6780
Ksyrup

Second daughter confirmed positive, just as the first daughter is released from quarantine. She'll be home for Thanksgiving and at this point will be the only one of us who can go to the store. I told the wife I'd rather just get it now and be done with it instead of one of us getting it every 10 days and extending quarantine another 2 weeks.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:15 AM   #6781
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Ya know there's gonna be a run on mouthwash now, so get it while you can!

Can't be long before Trump sells it as his idea.

Last edited by whomario : 11-17-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:18 PM   #6782
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Can't be long before Trump sells it as his idea.

I can see it now: Trump Mouthwash-maybe defeats COVID, maybe not (but you have to sign an NDA before you can use it)
Old 11-17-2020, 01:20 PM   #6783
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

By all accounts once you’re on the plane things are not too risky, assuming they’ve been cleaned properly.

Person to person transmission is more of an issue in getting through security, the boarding process, deplaning, baggage collection, etc.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #6784
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I can see it now: Trump Mouthwash-maybe defeats COVID, maybe not (but you have to sign an NDA before you can use it)

Maybe it has hydroxychloriquine, maybe it doesn't. Maybe it's just cheap moonshine from some conman who swindled Trump into letting him put his name on it. Maybe it's some cheap moonshine from a mediocre conman who thinks Trump is going to pay him. It's all a mystery.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-17-2020 at 01:32 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 02:02 PM   #6785
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Second daughter confirmed positive, just as the first daughter is released from quarantine. She'll be home for Thanksgiving and at this point will be the only one of us who can go to the store. I told the wife I'd rather just get it now and be done with it instead of one of us getting it every 10 days and extending quarantine another 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear. Good luck to the daughters and family.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:08 PM   #6786
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
By all accounts once you’re on the plane things are not too risky, assuming they’ve been cleaned properly.

Person to person transmission is more of an issue in getting through security, the boarding process, deplaning, baggage collection, etc.
Huh? How is sitting a foot away from multiple strangers for hours straight not more dangerous than the rest of the process (so long as you're doing what you can to maintain 6 feet/wearing a mask).
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #6787
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post

I found references to a Harvard & DoD study.

Haven't flown in a while but assume airlines are taking disinfecting seats, table trays etc. very seriously. Even so, I find it hard to believe "little risk" once inside the plane but apparently that's what they are saying.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/f...ess/index.html
Quote:
A Harvard University study released Tuesday used computer models to review airflow in airliner cabins, and it says the specialized onboard ventilation systems filter out 99% of airborne viruses. It was funded by airlines, airplane manufacturers and airports, but the Harvard researchers insist this did not impact their findings.

Researchers at the university's T.H. Chan School of Public Health found that even though air is recirculated back into the cabin, it goes through high-quality filters first. And virus droplets from one passenger are unlikely to infect another because of a "downward direction" of airflow, they said.

"This ventilation effectively counters the proximity travelers are subject to during flights," their report says.

The ventilation system, however, is not effective alone. Harvard's researchers described masks as a critical part of keeping travelers healthy and credited the role of disinfection and passengers' self-screening for Covid-19 symptoms.

The "layered approach, with ventilation gate-to-gate, reduces the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission onboard aircraft below that of other routine activities during the pandemic, such as grocery shopping or eating out," the study said.

The Harvard computer modeling was in line with another recent study by the Defense Department that used mannequins outfitted with surgical masks and particle detection equipment on Boeing 767 and 777 jets. It found little risk of transmission thanks to the masks and efficient air ventilation.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:20 PM   #6788
Edward64
Head Coach

More details on the DoD study with United Airlines and IATA. So it may be a little biased but who knows.

I would appreciate more independent studies but accept that my fears may be overblown once a passenger is on a plane.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/risk...ry?id=73616599
Quote:
United Airlines says the risk of COVID-19 exposure onboard its aircraft is "virtually non-existent" after a new study finds that when masks are worn there is only a 0.003% chance particles from a passenger can enter the passenger's breathing space who is sitting beside them.

The study, conducted by the Department of Defense in partnership with United Airlines, was published Thursday. They ran 300 tests in a little over six months with a mannequin on a United plane.

:
The mannequin was equipped with an aerosol generator that allowed technicians to reproduce breathing and coughing. Each test released 180 million particles - equivalent to the number of particles that would be produced by thousands of coughs. They studied the way the mannequin's particles moved inside the cabin with a mask on and off.

The tests assumed the flight was completely full with technicians placing sensors in seats, galleys, and the jet bridge to represent other passengers on the plane.

"99.99% of those particles left the interior of the aircraft within six minutes," United Airlines Chief Communication Officer Josh Earnest told ABC News. "It indicates that being on board an aircraft is the safest indoor public space, because of the unique configuration inside an aircraft that includes aggressive ventilation, lots of airflow."
:
Among 1.2 billion travelers, IATA found only 44 published cases of potential inflight transmission. Most of those 44 cases occurred in the early days of the pandemic when masks were not required.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:37 PM   #6789
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Huh? How is sitting a foot away from multiple strangers for hours straight not more dangerous than the rest of the process (so long as you're doing what you can to maintain 6 feet/wearing a mask).

Apparently to do with the circulation & filtration of the air once in the plane
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:56 PM   #6790
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My son is flying home on Saturday. I hope that study is right.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:08 PM   #6791
JPhillips
General Manager

87-year-old Chuck Grassley is positive.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:29 PM   #6792
molson
General Manager

If not for some non-COVID things that are keeping me home right now, I think I'd be traveling a lot. I'm enjoying the travel stories of people like the guy from the Points Guy blog who are using these times to take unique uncrowded and inexperience travel experiences which, if you can get there, are places safer than the U.S. COVID-wise, and which are offering luxury experiences as reduced expense. If you time it right and find the right deals, there are first-class international points redemption options all over the place.

Last edited by molson : 11-17-2020 at 08:33 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #6793
Edward64
Head Coach

The wedding was in Oct so everyone was well aware.

I'm sure the couple is sorry and I don't blame them for everything because the other 83 guest should also have known. I get wanting to get married but better choice would have been to keep it small (with more controls) and then have a larger gathering later.

Ohio newlyweds open up about their COVID-19 superspreader wedding
Quote:
The Ohio newlyweds whose wedding turned into a coronavirus superspreader event opened up about the ordeal, describing the emotional “toll” of learning about the rise in cases.

Of the 83 attendees at the Halloween wedding of Anthony and Mikayla Bishop in the city of Blue Ash, a total of 32 have since tested positive for coronavirus, including the couple and three of their grandparents, WLWT reported.

“Every single day we’re getting a call. ‘Oh here’s another person. Here’s another person. Here’s another person.’ And it starts to take a toll on you,” Mikayla Bishop said.

Mikayla said most of their wedding guests went maskless for their big day, despite the couple providing face coverings for all attendees.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #6794
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just had our county put in a 10 person max on events for the foreseeable future. Still can have the winery open at 50% capacity, but there goes about $100,000 in event revenue over the next three months. :/
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:11 AM   #6795
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Has there been any further guidance on employer billing insurances for required COVID tests? We are up to 2 required tests a week and were just told it was mandatory to give our insurance information to HR so they can start billing them. They also added that they are waiting to bill the two from last week so they need it as soon as possible. Seems.....fraudulent.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:41 AM   #6796
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The wedding was in Oct so everyone was well aware.

I'm sure the couple is sorry and I don't blame them for everything because the other 83 guest should also have known. [/url]

fuck those selfish assholes. I blame them. Grandma, mom, dad, etc...aren't missing their wedding no matter what.

Should the guests have some personal responsibility? Absolutely, but the way you keep your wedding from being a super spreader event is don't have the wedding.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #6797
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Just had our county put in a 10 person max on events for the foreseeable future. Still can have the winery open at 50% capacity, but there goes about $100,000 in event revenue over the next three months. :/

I read there were a couple sheriffs that said they were not going to go out of their way to enforce limits on gathering at private residences this holiday season.

It wasn't because they didn't believe covid was real, it was more like it's not their job (constitutionally or oath of office) to limit gatherings in private homes.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:47 AM   #6798
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
fuck those selfish assholes. I blame them. Grandma, mom, dad, etc...aren't missing their wedding no matter what.

Should the guests have some personal responsibility? Absolutely, but the way you keep your wedding from being a super spreader event is don't have the wedding.

Yep, exactly. They put everyone in a very terrible situation.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #6799
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So after running at lunch yesterday, I started having uncontrollable sneezing for about the next 6 hours as my sinuses became more and more painful. Watery eyes itching, redness teeth were aching from the pressure. Took an allegra, then finally a zytrec, which I never do.

Eventually around 11 the pressure just disappeared, but I got hungry and felt heartburn. I finally dozed off and on until I woke up about 3 and puked like a madman. Same thing happened again around 430. I haven't thrown up in a decade. Took my temp a few times through the night and morning and it was always normal. The "reflux" feeling hasn't gone away and sometimes feels overwhelming, but otherwise I don't feel bad. Sinuses are back to normal.

Of course, since my daughter was exposed a week ago, I got a test this morning and am now waiting on results. This ought to be a fun 2-3 days, especially if I'm not feeling great.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 11-18-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:33 PM   #6800
Thomkal
Head Coach

ick not fun Ghost, hope everyone is OK in your family