Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #1001
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
There is great irony that this might have been the year Michigan could beat OSU.

I get that OSU is down RBs but this refusal to run the ball despite the success is frustrating.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #1002
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Did Jen keep him out of the taverns down there?

From what I read in the forums, he was a good boy ... or they covered it up well ... which they should have for Petrino, damnit.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:55 PM   #1003
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

What in the Hell is Northwestern doing? Protect the ball!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2020, 03:22 PM   #1004
JPhillips
General Manager

If Clemson wins it has to be

Bama
Clem
OSU
ND

There's no way they'll put ND/Clem in the first game for a rematch.
Old 12-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #1005
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:

Bama
Clem
OSU
ND

Agreed. Just had this discussion with my buddies. Solves that triple rematch problem and gets that OSU/Clemson rematch.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:27 PM   #1006
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:

Bama
Clem
OSU
ND

Yeah, I think OSU is locked into 3rd regardless just to avoid yet another rematch.

Sermon finished with 331 yards rushing. Am I crazy for thinking he would have gone over 400 if Day had just dedicated himself to run the ball earlier?

Last edited by HerRealName : 12-19-2020 at 03:31 PM.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:36 PM   #1007
JPhillips
General Manager

I was hoping for a OSU/ND and Bama/Clem opening round to get northern and southern champs for the title, but it's hard to see how that happens.
Old 12-19-2020, 03:43 PM   #1008
Galaril
Pro Starter

How is the ND vs Clemson game not on regular tv? It seems only available on ESPN 3 ugh.

Last edited by Galaril : 12-19-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:45 PM   #1009
JPhillips
General Manager

It's on ABC here in NY.
Old 12-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #1010
Galaril
Pro Starter

Yeah thanks I figured it out lol . I setup my dvr and they diverted the #2 vs #3 to show the shitty Denver Broncos game instead. WTF.

Last edited by Galaril : 12-19-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-19-2020, 03:56 PM   #1011
tarcone
Coordinator

Are you sure ND deserves the 4 spot if Clemson blows them out?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:14 PM   #1012
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Are you sure ND deserves the 4 spot if Clemson blows them out?

Nope, A&M should jump into Top 4 then.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #1013
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Nope, A&M should jump into Top 4 then.

I am a lifelong ND along with Air Force (AFA alum) and think ND does not deserve it unless the game is super close. I now am finally wondering if Kelly gets canned if as I suspect ND gets boat raced in this game and in another CFP game? I mean if you can’t consistently compete against the “Big southern teams” you need to go ? I am tired of the ND softness as a longtime fan. I hope they come back and don’t get embarrassed but I am having flashbacks to the ND-Alabama BCS game from 2012. As usual ND is playing scared and seem totally mentally unprepared.

Last edited by Galaril : 12-19-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:31 PM   #1014
JPhillips
General Manager

A&M gets you a rematch of the 28 point Bama win earlier in the season. I don't think there's a lot of desire to see that.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:34 PM   #1015
Galaril
Pro Starter

Man as much parity there is the NFL wow CFB is incredibly elite with what half dozen schools that compete or the BCS each year. Shit even in a global pandemic it is still Clemson and Alabama at the end as it should be. The NCAA really needs to figure it out to at least give the illusion like college basketball that a “underdog”. Hold make a run.

Last edited by Galaril : 12-19-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:37 PM   #1016
bronconick
College Starter

Brian Kelly was serious about boycotting the playoffs
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:38 PM   #1017
bob
College Starter

This shouldn’t be shocking to anyone that knows football:
- TL and defensive players back
- Rematch factor
- Rookie ND OC vs veteran / great DC that has 2 weeks to prepare
- Unprepared ND D lead by DC with a foot out the door to make money and be fired by Vandy in a few years

And Clemson was the better team without all that.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:39 PM   #1018
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I am a lifelong ND along with Air Force (AFA alum) and think ND does not deserve it unless the game is super close. I now am finally wondering if Kelly gets canned if as I suspect ND gets boat raced in this game and in another CFP game? I mean if you can’t consistently compete against the “Big southern teams” you need to go ? I am tired of the ND softness as a longtime fan. I hope they come back and don’t get embarrassed but I am having flashbacks to the ND-Alabama BCS game from 2012. As usual ND is playing scared and seem totally mentally unprepared.

As a ND fan I agree. If they lose this one bad they have proven that at this point they can’t compete. Throw T A&M or Cincy in.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:40 PM   #1019
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Man as much parity there is the NFL wow CFB is incredibly elite with what half dozen schools that compete or the BCS each year. Shit even in a global pandemic it is still Clemson and Alabama at the end as it should be. The NCAA really needs to figure it out to at least give the illusion like college basketball that a “underdog”. Hold make a run.

There's such a gap between the Big 3 programs and the rest of the country. The only program that can close that gap right now is Georgia.
Old 12-19-2020, 05:06 PM   #1020
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
There's such a gap between the Big 3 programs and the rest of the country. The only program that can close that gap right now is Georgia.

Yes I agree and it use to be ND fans complain people would be like oh poor you and I still appreciate that point since ND is a elitist level school that is annoying I agree at times. But seriously if they can’t compete how the hell can a Cincy or someone like Coastal Carolina etc.
Maybe I am missing the point in my 50s that college football is not about parity but frankly what school has the best weather, trendiest star coach and hottest girls? Do I blame a 17 year old star wideout for choosing Miami over South Bend and what comes with it- nope.
Old 12-19-2020, 05:24 PM   #1021
Galaril
Pro Starter

What a joke this ND program is for what they spend on it and assume about themselves. If I was the ACC I ask ND to stay so FSU and Clemson can whoop there asses every year. Really completely outclassed and falls on the coach totally.

Last edited by Galaril : 12-19-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:00 PM   #1022
bob
College Starter

Talking

I’m honestly not surprised or upset. I pretty much expected a blow out given the reasons I listed above.

There are a few tier I programs. It is possible for a team to jump up now and then (but boy did LSU sell their soul to do it last year). But ND isn’t loaded with 5 stars and needed everything to go their way to compete much less win tonight.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:20 PM   #1023
Butter
Coordinator

Everyone's clamoring to see that Alabama- Notre Dame matchup in the CFP.

Put Cincinnati in if they blow out Tulsa tonight. There's no good reason for ND or TAMU to be in, they both had their shot against elite teams and blew it badly.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:33 PM   #1024
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
I’m honestly not surprised or upset. I pretty much expected a blow out given the reasons I listed above.

There are a few tier I programs. It is possible for a team to jump up now and then (but boy did LSU sell their soul to do it last year). But ND isn’t loaded with 5 stars and needed everything to go their way to compete much less win tonight.

I agree but unlike you and Me the rest of ND fandom and the school needs to stop acting like they are this elite program. There ranking is a lot more the prestige from the Montana and Holtz days at this point. They in all seriousness be a great fit for the MAc or the Big 10 . Them joining the ACC is a complete joke and they need to stop playing the part of a championship team. I am wondering if the NBC deals get a renewed even down the road.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:35 PM   #1025
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post

Put Cincinnati in if they blow out Tulsa tonight. There's no good reason for ND or TAMU to be in, they both had their shot against elite teams and blew it badly.

I agree and don’t think anyone except Bama fans want to see that ND vs Bama game. Shit not sure I wouldn’t.put BYU and Cincy in.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #1026
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post

Put Cincinnati in if they blow out Tulsa tonight.

I nominate the winner of the GHSA Class 7A final for the spot.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:47 PM   #1027
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Only six teams have ever won a CFP game. Five of them (UGA, Clemson, Bama, LSU, Ohio State) currently have the top 5 recruiting classes per rivals.com. Oregon is the other. They're ranked #9.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:47 PM   #1028
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Idly wondering how the Mountain West Conference ended up with that dude from Portlandia refereeing their title game.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:49 PM   #1029
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Idly wondering how the Mountain West Conference ended up with that dude from Portlandia refereeing their title game.

Nice
Old 12-19-2020, 07:01 PM   #1030
Butter
Coordinator

For real though, someone needs to get on this San Jose head coach. That was the worst team or close to it in D1 not that long ago, and they're close to going 7-0 here and winning the MWC
Old 12-19-2020, 09:03 PM   #1031
tarcone
Coordinator

If ever there was a year to put another 5 school, it is this year. Give them what they have wanted, in this exhibition season.

Put them up against Alabama and let them see what the big boys areall about. Or show us that you are legit.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 12-19-2020 at 09:05 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:23 PM   #1032
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would love to see Cinci get a shot at it. They will probably get wrecked but at least give them a shot.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #1033
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

You're nuts if you thin Kelly is getting fired. the only way that happens is if they are bringing in Urban Meyer.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:59 PM   #1034
Edward64
Head Coach

Maybe FL if they can pull off the upset.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:35 PM   #1035
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Watching the Alabama/Florida game, does anyone remember when the SEC fans used to ridicule the Big XII for not playing defense?
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 11:04 PM   #1036
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
You're nuts if you thin Kelly is getting fired. the only way that happens is if they are bringing in Urban Meyer.

Yes true and he is I think now there all time winningest coach though a big goose egg for championships. But at this point, I assume the ND administration is happy to just make the money from TV and pretend to be a Big 5 school.

Last edited by Galaril : 12-19-2020 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:55 AM   #1037
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I think you put Cincinnati in over Ohio State. They earned it.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:03 AM   #1038
Edward64
Head Coach

Funny read with ND, A&M and Cincy smack talking about #4.

College Football Playoff 4th Team Will Be: Notre Dame or Texas A&M?
Quote:
The committee is almost certainly going to put Notre Dame in at the 4.

Cincinnati just doesn’t have the schedule or the big wins. Had it crushed Tulsa by 30, there would’ve been a strong argument to finally give the Group of Five a shot since Texas A&M and Notre Dame have already lost huge to two of the playoff teams. But no – that’s not happening.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #1039
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

In his post-game press conference yesterday, Dabo Swinney was adamant that Notre Dame should be in the playoff. Of course he’s going to say that. If two ACC teams are in the playoffs, then Clemson gets more revenue. More importantly, Dabo knows that a healthy Clemson team can curb stomp Notre Dame on a neutral field.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:42 AM   #1040
Butter
Coordinator

Even if ND makes it in, they're not going to be third.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:51 AM   #1041
Galaril
Pro Starter

It should be Bama, Clemson, OSU, and TAMU Cincy and Florida #5 and # 6. I would probably put Oklahoma at 7 ND at 8. I am a big believer in when someone shows who they really are believe it. ND showed once again they were pretenders.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:05 AM   #1042
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
It should be Bama, Clemson, OSU, and TAMU Cincy and Florida #5 and # 6. I would probably put Oklahoma at 7 ND at 8. I am a big believer in when someone shows who they really are believe it. ND showed once again they were pretenders.

I'd prefer A&M but could go with Cincy even though their SoS is pretty easy.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #1043
bronconick
College Starter

Just let Alabama pick their semifinal opponent since they can't get a free bye. They'll win 45-3 regardless. OSU-Clemson is the obvious 2-3.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #1044
Thomkal
Head Coach

Let's go Coastal!
Old 12-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #1045
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Somehow Texas A&M got to play 6 of the 7 SEC teams under .500. Beyond that, they beat 6-4 Auburn that fired their coach, a legit good Florida team, and got stomped by Alabama. Oh, yeah, that's a resume that's CFP worthy. Of course, SEC!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-20-2020 at 10:23 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #1046
Thomkal
Head Coach

Pretty disgusted that three three loss teams make the New Year Bowl games including the one team that lost to the other ranked Sun Belt team Louisiana and an undefeated Coastal get told they weren't good enough for them
Old 12-20-2020, 02:18 PM   #1047
Thomkal
Head Coach

And may be more than disgusted if they end up in a bowl with a 2-8 South Carolina team
Old 12-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #1048
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

They need to expand the playoffs to at least 6 teams, with the top 2 getting a bye week.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:26 PM   #1049
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
And may be more than disgusted if they end up in a bowl with a 2-8 South Carolina team

Well thankfully that's not going to happen-just announced Coastal vs Liberty on Sat in Orlando-that's a good consolation prize I guess given they were supposed to play each other this season until COVID
Old 12-20-2020, 02:34 PM   #1050
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

In the end, we end up with the major bowls being about who I've seen projected for a couple weeks.

Georgia vs Cincy in the Peach has been predicted, what, since Georgia was eliminated from contention?