Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #2801
Comey
College Starter

Conference RPI in the polls section too (at least, that's for a specific season). I guess that's different than prestige, though.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #2802
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Tools->Edit Current League->Conferences will allow you to see all conferences prestige. I'm not sure if there is a better way to look at all that.

You can also see it by clicking "Conf List" on the standings screen.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #2803
britrock88
Pro Starter

Standings -> Conference List
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #2804
britrock88
Pro Starter

HR, when in the offseason can I select teams for preseason tournaments in a way that will stick?

I think I did it during conference movement in a previous offseason and it reset.

Last edited by britrock88 : 03-18-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:06 AM   #2805
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
HR, when in the offseason can I select teams for preseason tournaments in a way that will stick?

I think I did it during conference movement in a previous offseason and it reset.

It gets reset after the conference movement period so wait until the staff hiring periods start.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #2806
Groundhog
Coordinator

With the length of time it takes me to play through a season, I'm still adjusting to the effects of the more realistic early leavers in FBCB2. My elite 8 team lost 2 starters to graduation, then 3 PF/C underclassmen declared for the draft, leaving me incredibly thin inside... Then to make matters worse, 2 of the 3 recruits I brought in are projected to go high in the draft and are almost certain to declare... argh! I've turned into Kentucky!!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #2807
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I'd say the one downside to recruiting in FBCB2 is you can't account for early entry guys and sign extra recruits to fill their spots.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #2808
yeah826
High School JV

Usually you can tell if someone is going to leave by looking at pro prospect then recruit for them when you got your regulars guys filled then when the scholarship becomes available just offer the guy youve been recruiting.
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #2809
Groundhog
Coordinator

I actually think it's going to do a good job of making it tougher for me to challenge for the championship each year now that I'm at 100 prestige, and get me looking at guys rated outside the top-100 again too.

...not that I learnt my lesson this time around, with 3 signees from the top-100, 2 of them top-20 players who will no doubt, judging by stats and scouted ratings, be one-and-dones...
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #2810
muns
Pro Starter

I can't stand that either. I either make my league where they have to be juniors to leave or they stay all 4 years. Turning over half of your roster in a year is tough to recover from on a yearly basis and it takes my enjoyment out of it. That and I like to create the history to see who has had the best players throughout a career, and when they leave early thats though to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
With the length of time it takes me to play through a season, I'm still adjusting to the effects of the more realistic early leavers in FBCB2. My elite 8 team lost 2 starters to graduation, then 3 PF/C underclassmen declared for the draft, leaving me incredibly thin inside... Then to make matters worse, 2 of the 3 recruits I brought in are projected to go high in the draft and are almost certain to declare... argh! I've turned into Kentucky!!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #2811
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah826 View Post
Usually you can tell if someone is going to leave by looking at pro prospect then recruit for them when you got your regulars guys filled then when the scholarship becomes available just offer the guy youve been recruiting.
Unless I'm missing something, those scholarships don't actually become available until April - at that point there's usually only 1 or 2 star players left unsigned.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #2812
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I can't stand that either. I either make my league where they have to be juniors to leave or they stay all 4 years. Turning over half of your roster in a year is tough to recover from on a yearly basis and it takes my enjoyment out of it. That and I like to create the history to see who has had the best players throughout a career, and when they leave early thats though to do

I'd actually say that I quite like it to be honest. I think we have a natural advantage over the AI in that we can recruit guys that fit our systems and, once you hit a certain level of prestige, staying there is not tough. In the old version of the game, it was actually quite easy to stick at 100 prestige. I find the players I'm getting most attached to are the green/green 4-year guys, as opposed to the blue chippers who don't stick around.

It's also some incentive I think to start up a new coach and try build up a mid-major again, something that I think will be tougher this time around.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #2813
muns
Pro Starter

I didnt say I didint think it wasnt good for the game, I was just saying that I hate playing that way. I totally agree that it makes it harder.

I like trying to find diamonds in the rough but its much easier doing it in state that produces talent (IE cali, texas or NY).

Do you think that there needs to be more recruits generated in the database?

Not saying Brian will do that, cause memory is an issue to begin with, but I was curious to what you and anyone else thought about it GH

[/u][/u]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'd actually say that I quite like it to be honest. I think we have a natural advantage over the AI in that we can recruit guys that fit our systems and, once you hit a certain level of prestige, staying there is not tough. In the old version of the game, it was actually quite easy to stick at 100 prestige. I find the players I'm getting most attached to are the green/green 4-year guys, as opposed to the blue chippers who don't stick around.

It's also some incentive I think to start up a new coach and try build up a mid-major again, something that I think will be tougher this time around.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #2814
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post

I do this too. Mostly for the same reasons. I like the realism and parity of one-and-dones or just early entries, but prefer having the continuity of having them for all 4 years since it's not like I have the pro sim to move them over to.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #2815
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I do this too. Mostly for the same reasons. I like the realism and parity of one-and-dones or just early entries, but prefer having the continuity of having them for all 4 years since it's not like I have the pro sim to move them over to.

Well, you're about to.

As it stands right now, the new pro game does a great job with FBCB draft classes, and the carrying over of college stats/achievements to the pro game really adds to the immersion.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #2816
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Well I'm obviously down for the new game cause.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #2817
EVEN8184
n00b

Just purchased!
EVEN8184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #2818
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVEN8184 View Post
Just purchased!

Welcome, and enjoy! Do you need some default league mods?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #2819
EVEN8184
n00b

Thanks. I DL'd the mod from a few pages back that had the updated conferences and logos. I did noticed that there was one missing. UMass Lowell is joining D1 and will be in the America East Conference next year.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #2820
britrock88
Pro Starter

Yeah, that'll be in the next update...
Old 03-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #2821
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, that'll be in the next update...
Cool, sounds like I should work up a logo or two for them.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #2822
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Cool, sounds like I should work up a logo or two for them.

To aid my memory -- did you make logos for Grand Canyon, Abilene Christian, and Incarnate Word? They're coming up, too.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #2823
EVEN8184
n00b

Those 3 logos are included.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #2824
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
To aid my memory -- did you make logos for Grand Canyon, Abilene Christian, and Incarnate Word? They're coming up, too.
Yeah. I did a another general pass too on everyone - I discovered a lot of programs got updated logos in the last year or so besides Oregon State & Ohio State, and I've also made some minor color adjustments here and there as I've done more research.

I'll try to remember to upload my latest pack tonight. I tried last week but the size of the zip exceeded this board's limit - I may upload it HR's site and link back here. I also updated the teams.csv that TargetPractice had assembled off your earlier work just to make sure that team colors matched logos, so I'll post that too.

If you want to keep me posted on when you update league and team files, I can make corresponding logo/color updates too. Doing the logo packs is a lot of fun for me.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #2825
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Yikes. Just played a season where #1, #4, #5 and #9 in the country were all in the NCAA South regional.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #2826
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

OK, I uploaded my latest logo pack and teams.csv to Brian's site:

http://www.fbbgames.com/forum/viewto...p=40694#p40694
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #2827
muns
Pro Starter

Thanks for the updates guys
Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #2828
korme
Go Reds

Any way to edit .dat files? I'd like to add my High School to the list.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #2829
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Sweet
Old 03-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #2830
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Any way to edit .dat files? I'd like to add my High School to the list.

Send me a PM with the info and I'll add it.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #2831
jhart05
n00b

I didn't know this thread existed. If anyone is interested, I'm the one HR was talking about a few pages back. The one who developed the spreadsheet to calculate the prestige ratings.

Basically I use the wins and RPI rankings since the 2000 season, developed a formula, and it cranks out the prestige number.

I have been updating it every year.

If you want to send me your team file I can put in the new numbers. I usually wait for the last RPI rankings of the year, which should be out in a few weeks.

I do not create new team files with the updated conference alignments. I think I saw in this thread where someone has already done that anyway. I like the conference alignments as of 2005-06, then make a few tweaks of my own.

I'd rather not make my file public as I have no time to provide technical support for it.
jhart05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #2832
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I am looking for a real coaches mod for FBCB somewhere that is easy to download and get into the game so that I don't have to manually edit all the coaches. Can somebody help me out? Thanks.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #2833
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
I am looking for a real coaches mod for FBCB somewhere that is easy to download and get into the game so that I don't have to manually edit all the coaches. Can somebody help me out? Thanks.

I don't think there is one - but give me the weekend and I can probably whip one up for you.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #2834
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

korme, if you have the time that would be great. I will wait for other responses and if anybody has one I will let you know. I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks
Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #2835
korme
Go Reds

If anyone wants to make this a joint project - I won't be able to get back to it for a couple days - I've set up a basis for adding the coaches via Excel.

I'm through to Baylor right now. Using this list (NCAA D-I Coaches) as a basis to get name, age, born, high school, alma mater, and career record.

If there isn't much info on Wiki, I just google the name and try to get an age based on the year they graduated when info is found. If I can't find a HS, I just use [City Born] High School. And W-L, try to only account for D-I W's and L's, if you can't find that, 0-0 is fine.

I set up everyone for now to have a very base rating and random coaching styles. We can tackle those later.

The excel file is downloadable below.

If this is too daunting for anyone else, I understand.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2012.cf2.csv (28.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #2836
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Here is a coach file:

Real coaches - Grey Dog Software

But I'll warn you, it is a couple of years outdated, and the ratings are pretty bad. In fact, they are so inflated it seems to screw with the game results. Maybe it was just real bad luck on my part, but all these super coaches kicked my ass the few experiemntal careers I ran with it. I deleted the file.

Still, it could be a basis for further updating.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #2837
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Seems like the thing to do would be to take a number of snapshots of careers in progress to see what a typical distribution of coaching abilities is - how many level 15's, level 14's, etc. and use that as a basis for a real coaches file.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #2838
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Where do I put this teams.csv? It's causing an error when I try to load a default league now?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #2839
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Where do I put this teams.csv? It's causing an error when I try to load a default league now?
Mmm, it's probably because it's supposed to work with this conference file that TargetPractice put together:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...postcount=2732
Old 03-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #2840
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Sweet. That helps. This thread is a behemoth and I missed that update.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-28-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #2841
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Sidenote, what's the highest seed anyone has ever seen advance into their tournament?
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #2842
nol
Banned

I've seen a 15 in the Elite Eight and a 16 in the Sweet 16, but some of the crazier ones are when things break down across the bracket. I remember a different year where the 1 and 2 seeds went a combined 3-5 in the first round.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #2843
LloydLungs
College Prospect

I just had 14-seed Savannah State make the Elite Eight a couple of tournaments ago. One big improvement in this version is that coaches can take big jumps up when something crazy like that happens (more realistic), so the Savannah State guy immediately got hired away by Pitt. In the first version it was impossible to step up more than two conference prestige levels, so even after an Elite Eight run, the Savannah State guy would have been limited to Sun Belt type jobs.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #2844
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Here is a coach file:

Real coaches - Grey Dog Software

But I'll warn you, it is a couple of years outdated, and the ratings are pretty bad. In fact, they are so inflated it seems to screw with the game results. Maybe it was just real bad luck on my part, but all these super coaches kicked my ass the few experiemntal careers I ran with it. I deleted the file.

Still, it could be a basis for further updating.
yea, i always wanted to go back and redo those ratings. some were left at default but i was very generous with the ones i did rerate. surprised that file still is out there.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #2845
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I tried accessing that file and it came up as an invalid page. I don't think the file is there anymore.

korme, I wish I could help you out with the coaches file that you are starting on. It's only fair as you are basically making it at my request. But my weekend is already jampacked. Honestly, all I was really truly worried about was coaches name and age and record. I wasn't too concerned about hometown or anything like that. Thanks for doing it though, I hope you find help.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #2846
jhart05
n00b

Coaches File

There is one over here:

Fast Break Basketball Forum • View topic - 667 Coaches

Haven't tried it thou.

If you guys are going to pitch in and fine tune something like this, I'd offer to help with the Horizon League and a Few Big 10 teams.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #2847
nol
Banned

The problem I have with creating coach files is that the game will still create high-level coaches that will go to the most prestigious team without a coach, . Is there a way around this?
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #2848
jhart05
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
The problem I have with creating coach files is that the game will still create high-level coaches that will go to the most prestigious team without a coach, . Is there a way around this?

In the coach file you can specify which coach goes to which school.

If you don't have coaches for all the high level schools, then yes, the game will still do what you said.

If you only want to create a few coaches, you could start a league with your limited coaches file, export the coach file from that, then edit those created high level coaches how you see fit. Then start a new league with your edited coach file.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #2849
korme
Go Reds

I'll keep working on it today. I've got nothing to do and this seems like it could be sweet.

My default all coaches are going to be Level 3, until I modify them (Coach K, Izzo etc Level 20, Boeheim Level 4 etc)
Old 03-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #2850
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
There is one over here:

Fast Break Basketball Forum • View topic - 667 Coaches

Haven't tried it thou.

If you guys are going to pitch in and fine tune something like this, I'd offer to help with the Horizon League and a Few Big 10 teams.

I've tried this one. My problem is that the coaches were all super coaches. I'm not that good at this game, so I got my head handed to me pretty regularly. However, all the info in the file seems to be correct, so I think it is a great starting point.

Last edited by Umbrella : 03-29-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote