Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Sef0r
n00b

FOWL's history

Just to follow up from Meat's post, which is copy and pasted below from another thread.

Meat
I also think it'd be a great time for any of you that find yourself browsing through league history at this point since we'll be on pause, to post some stories, little trivia facts or record book observations about the league. We did just finish our 21st season, my 20th in the league and we still have at least..... 8? original owners?

Ben - Atlanta
Subby - Arizona
Quiksand - Baltimore
Julio - Cincinnati
Tasan - New Orleans
Wade Moore - Indy
Suicane - Philly (maybe?)
Chinaski - Washington (maybe??)

C4 and I joined in 2021 after being on the waiting list, and Alan T joined quickly after that? Lets hear some Xmas tales about the history of FOWL

A little backstory some of the newish owners may not know:

FOWL was the brainchild of Ben E Lou, the original setup was to release everyone and have a one-time FA frenzy to start teams, then run a fast-sim league from there. Were there any other main house rules about the league back then? I think even before the first season it was agreed upon that because Ben and the others didn't want another league where everyone knows the QB-WR pass first ask questions later tactic and strives for it, Ben decided to limit the draft class. So no QB or WR over a certain draft rating. GREAT IDEA. We then had a draft in that first offseason, and for 3 or so after that, and Ben in his infinite wisdom added more ideas to the league, mainly the removal of less important stages and the no-draft system. GREAT MOTHER$#^#*&!@ IDEA. Shortly after that came my favorite idea of all, one I had used in my own personal Madden and FOF leagues... No injuries and the season happens in one day. BAM. There you have FOWL. A league where you can watch your team go through eras, watch players grow quickly and fade fast, where careers go down faster than Tiger Woods on a waitress. The most intriguing and quick-thinking football sim league you have ever seen.

Sef0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
Sef0r
n00b

QBs

Highest QB ratings (at least 50 games played)
QB Bennie Rabe (ATL - active) - 111.0
Pretty impressive for a 34/34 rated player.

Top completion % (at least 50 games played)
QB Claude Patterson (BAL - retired) - 70.2%

Most yards thrown
QB Ronald Diaz (REN - retired) - 65640 yards

Most TDs thrown
QB Joseph Money (ATL - retired) - 592 TDs in 207 starts

Most INTs thrown
QB Ronald "Favre" Diaz (REN - retired) - 305 INTs in 240 starts

Most sacked QB
QB Ronald Diaz (REN - retired) - 633 sacks

Highest 3rd Down conversion % (At least 50 games played)
QB Ross Hancock (HOU - active) - 56.2 %