Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #451
Grover
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lisboa, ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
But nobody has a solid day 1 read.

And it wasn't like things were switching all over, the last vote before your post #204 was at 12:58 Pacific (mine on Brit). Post 204 was at 1:37 Pacific. The vote contenders were taking shape and you just decided not to, and that raises an eyebrow for me.

Or, I can jump on and vote for someone else during the day and perhaps get labeled as "piggybacking" my vote like someone else apparently did and raise an eyebrow.

*Shrug* Sorry for my inactivity.
__________________
Come On You Irons!
West Ham United | Philadelphia Flyers | Cincinnati Bengals | Kansas City Royals

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #452
path12
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Passive aggressiveness is always an attractive look.
__________________
We have always been at war with Eastasia.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #453
Grover
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lisboa, ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Passive aggressiveness is always an attractive look.

Okay, then let me ask you this. How exactly was "voting consolidating"

Anybody could have flipped to Jackal and made him a possible front runner to brit.

Just because in hindsight people had made their final choices at that time, it doesn't mean that we knew it was consolidating, as you say it was. It still could have gone any number of possible ways.
__________________
Come On You Irons!
West Ham United | Philadelphia Flyers | Cincinnati Bengals | Kansas City Royals

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:21 PM   #454
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Okay, then let me ask you this. How exactly was "voting consolidating"

Anybody could have flipped to Jackal and made him a possible front runner to brit.

Just because in hindsight people had made their final choices at that time, it doesn't mean that we knew it was consolidating, as you say it was. It still could have gone any number of possible ways.

The Jackal didn't have even one vote when you voted for him. Assuming path's count is correct, there was a 4 vote candidate and several 2 vote candidates to go with. You could have even pushed up one of the one vote candidates to create another 2 vote candidate.

path is correct that your vote has the look of someone trying to avoid making a vote he can be judged for after the lynch.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:21 PM   #455
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
This thought came to me too, but only after I realized it was his own theory. When I originally read it, and without knowing whose theory it was, it sounded like he was pinning it on me since it was all lumped together in one paragraph. Regardless, I am glad I clarified, because others may read it the way I originally did.

Yeah, sorry about that. What path said. I tend not to be at my clearest after the better part of the day talking to myself.

I don't think we'll get much explanation into Brit being killed until after the game but at the moment I'm leaning towards inexperienced wolf/ves around at the time possibly with experienced wolf/ves not available. Of course I fit that profile as well but hey ho.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:28 PM   #456
Raven
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Day One

#57 Vaimes votes Grover (1)
#58 EagleFan votes Vaimes (1)
#59 Jag votes Britrock (1)
#61 Font votes Eagle (1)
#62 Cheeki votes timmae (1)
#63 Shoveler votes Cheeki (1)
#63 timmae votes Path (1)

#68 Autumn votes Narcizo (1)
#71 Vaimes unvotes Grover (0), votes Eagle (2)
#77 Jackal votes Vaimes (2)
#87 Narcizo votes Jag (1)
#96 Eagle unvotes Vaimes (1), votes Font (1)
#99 timmae votes Autumn (1)
#103 Autumn unvotes Narc (0), votes Shoveler (1)
#104 Grover votes Jackal (1)

#107 Autumn unvotes Shoveler (0), votes Britrock (2) / Brit 2, Eagle 2
#115 Britrock votes Vaimes (2) / Brit 2, Eagle 2, Vaimes 2
#130 Cheeki unvotes timmae (0), votes Grover (1) / Brit 2, Eagle 2, Vaimes 2
#133 Path votes Cheeki (2) / Cheek 2, Brit 2, Eagle 2, Vaimes 2
#150 Cheeki unvotes Grover (0), votes Font (2) / Cheek 2, Font 2, Brit 2, Eagle 2, Vaimes 2
#160 Jackal unvotes Vaimes (1), votes Cheeki (3) / Cheek 3, Font 2, Brit 2, Eagle 2
#171 Raven votes Autumn (2) / Cheek 3, Font 2, Brit 2, Eagle 2, Autumn 2
#179 Cheeki unvotes Font (1), votes Vaimes (2) / Cheek 3, Vaimes 2, Brit 2, Eagle 2, Autumn 2
#192 Narc unvotes Jag (0), votes Brit (3) / Cheek 3, Brit 3, Vaimes 2, Eagle 2, Autumn 2
#193 Path unvotes Cheeki (2) votes Brit (4) / Brit 4, Cheek 2, Vaimes 2, Eagle 2, Autumn 2

#205 Autumn unvotes Brit (3), votes Cheeki (3) / Brit 3, Cheek 3, Vaimes 2, Eagle 2, Autumn 2
#206 Eagle unvotes font (0), votes Vaimes (3) / Brit 3, Cheek 3, Vaimes 3, Eagle 2, Autumn 2
#210 timmae unvotes Autumn (1), votes Brit (4) / Brit 4, Cheek 3, Vaimes 3, Eagle 2
#214 Raven unvotes Autumn (0), votes Cheeki (4) / Brit 4, Cheek 4, Vaimes 3, Eagle 2
#221 Cheeki unvotes Vaimes (2), votes Brit (5) / Brit 5, Cheek 3, Vaimes 2, Eagle 2
#226 Chief votes Cheeki (5) / Brit 5, Cheek 5, Vaimes 2, Eagle 2
#237 Brit unvotes Vaimes (1), votes Cheeki (6) / Cheek 6, Brit 5, Eagle 2
#240 Path unvotes Britrock (4) / Cheek 6, Brit 4, Eagle 2

#254 Timmae unvotes Brit (3), votes Raven (1) / Cheek 6, Brit 3, Eagle 2
#260 Autumn unvotes Cheeki (5), votes Brit (4) / Cheek 5, Brit 4, Eagle 2
#262 Shoveler unvotes Cheeki (4) / Cheek 4, Brit 4, Eagle 2
#264 Shoveler votes Eagle (3) / Cheek 4, Brit 4, Eagle 3
#265 Eagle unvotes Vaimes (0), votes Cheeki (5) / Cheek 5, Brit 4, Eagle 3
#268 Cheeki unvotes Brit (3), votes Eagle (4) / Cheek 5, Eagle 4, Brit 3
#278 Eagle unvotes Cheek (4), votes Brit (4) / Cheek 4, Eagle 4, Brit 4
#287 Cheeki unvotes Eagle (3), votes Brit (5) / Brit 5, Cheeki 4, Eagle 3

#293 timmae unvotes Raven (0), votes Brit (6) / Brit 6, Cheeki 4, Eagle 3
#318 Path votes Eagle (4) / Brit 6, Cheeki 4, Eagle 4
#321 Eagle unvotes Brit (5) / Brit 5, Cheeki 4, Eagle 4
#333 Cheeki unvotes Brit (4), votes Eagle (5) / Eagle 5, Cheeki 4, Brit 4
#337 Eagle votes Cheeki (5) / Eagle 5, Cheeki 5, Brit 4

Results

Cheekimonk 5 - The Jackal (160), Raven (214), Chief Rum (226), Britrock (237), EagleFan(337)
EagleFan 5-Fontisian (61), Vaimes (71), Shoveler (264), Path (318), Cheekimonk (333)
Britrock 4- JAG (59), Narcizo (192), Autumn (260), Timmae (293)
The Jackal 1 -Grover (104)


These numbers are wrong in some places, which makes it hard to accurately follow yesterday's action. cheeki jumped from 3 to 5 in one vote (see below). Not sure how many other errors there are. I'd fix it and repost, but I am at work and don't have the time to redo all the color coding. Anyone want to take on this task?

#221 Cheeki unvotes Vaimes (2), votes Brit (5) / Brit 5, Cheek 3, Vaimes 2, Eagle 2
#226 Chief votes Cheeki (5) / Brit 5, Cheek 5, Vaimes 2, Eagle 2
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #457
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Okay, then let me ask you this. How exactly was "voting consolidating"

Anybody could have flipped to Jackal and made him a possible front runner to brit.

I recognise your problem as its what I face all the time. My strategy is to always move my vote to someone who already has votes if my vote is a sole vote. Unless I feel strongly that my vote is right or all the other votes are wrong. It took me a fair few games to hone this strategy though and its far from ideal but thats the price I pay for, once upon a time, playing an American Football sim.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #458
Grover
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lisboa, ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The Jackal didn't have even one vote when you voted for him. Assuming path's count is correct, there was a 4 vote candidate and several 2 vote candidates to go with. You could have even pushed up one of the one vote candidates to create another 2 vote candidate.

path is correct that your vote has the look of someone trying to avoid making a vote he can be judged for after the lynch.

Again. Jackal was my original vote when we all had nothing to go on. Like everybody else making votes to make votes.

If this is how people are going to look at things when personal obligations get in the way, this is going to be my last WW game.
__________________
Come On You Irons!
West Ham United | Philadelphia Flyers | Cincinnati Bengals | Kansas City Royals

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:36 PM   #459
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
YesterDay, EF was the best lynch candidate, because he was scummy while britrock and cheeki were blatantly town.

ToDay, he is near confirmed scum. Read these posts and tell me he isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Screw it...

unvote brit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Let the wolves run the show...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote cheek

Now there are two possible explanation for that unvote and revote seconds before the deadline.
1. EF's had genuinely given up on the game, only to come back and try to help town, as he claims here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
3 vanilla horse race. Analyze it based on that. I was actually hoping that we would both get killed when I switched. That way the voted could be analyzed accordingly.
This explanation doesn't make sense because both lynch targets getting killed in a tie isn't actually that common of a result. Other possible results, that EF are aware of, include a. one of the two dying, b. some random person not being lynching dying and c. a no lynch. Two of those four possibilities are really bad.

2. He is scum, he unvoted in the hopes that he would be able to revote at the last second and tie up the lynch, with any luck at least killing town!Cheeki.

"But, fonti, if EF did that, wouldn't he come into Day 2 acting like he was a dead man?"

You're right, other font. And that's exactly what he did:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Was hoping we would both have been killed so it would end the questions right away.

vote Shoveler

He has piggy back voting. Thank them for going after brit, now it means that there were 3 villagers being voted for so that can be analyzed properly.

vote nightfall

Not putting myself through another day of BS so if you want to vote for me, vote for me. Kill me please.
The attempt to end Day early with the nightfall vote, and to goad me into doing the same, removing valuable time for the town to get information, was done because EF knew he outed himself.

I don't want to go into his mood, because, IMO, losing your shit like this as a scum tactic is a really shitty thing to do. It puts me into a position where if I want to push my case on someone who seems like obvious scum, I have to question the truth behind their feelings, and if I'm wrong, then I'm being a dick to them. I will say that CF did the same thing in the rebirth game to stop people from voting him.
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #460
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Again. Jackal was my original vote when we all had nothing to go on. Like everybody else making votes to make votes.

If this is how people are going to look at things when personal obligations get in the way, this is going to be my last WW game.

What path is saying is that there was enough evidence of the direction of the vote out there when you posted that you would be leaving for the day at 2 p.m. EST or whatever it was, for you to switch from an irrelevant Day One vote to a vote on a player who at that point was a candidate (many such candidates were available).

No one has more personal obligations than me. I work a second job where I can't post late and I am never on at deadline. But I still usually manage to get my vote on someone at least somewhat relevant.

I'll give you a pass that you're newer and that this isn't necessarily a wolfish move, but a newbie move, but path is entirely correct that you left your vote on a random player when better options were available.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:41 PM   #461
Shoveler
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Again. Jackal was my original vote when we all had nothing to go on. Like everybody else making votes to make votes.

If this is how people are going to look at things when personal obligations get in the way, this is going to be my last WW game.

I wouldn't get to worked up over this. It's the nature of the game to review all the available information, ask questions, and what not. Just play the game to the best of your availability.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:44 PM   #462
Grover
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lisboa, ME
vote fontisian

Simply based on her aggressive, nearly ruthless attacking on EF being a wolf. I believe EF is innocent and that font is covering for herself by continually going after EF.
__________________
Come On You Irons!
West Ham United | Philadelphia Flyers | Cincinnati Bengals | Kansas City Royals

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #463
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
font, if he is playing a game to set himself up as a wolf with you as his foil, then he chose well. You allowed the hypothetical wolf EF to jump on your ardent and unwavering pursuit of him by not sitting back and making the long play and seeing what information develops. You locked on him like a Patriot missile and kept hammering that nail over and over.

You made yourself look way over the top when we ALL know you have no information but your gut. Anyone who goes in on like that, we're not going to trust you. If EF has played up the victim role, it is because of your incessant attacks on him.

So I am not buying that he is a wolf. And that's pretty much your fault.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:46 PM   #464
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It might be for meta-ish reasons, but what font said she had heard is true: villagers tend to get very irrational when targeted. And often upset and do emotional things.
I never actually said this, because it's not, strictly speaking, true.

The reaction to pressure entirely depends on the player. I've seen wolves genuinely fall apart, wolves fake falling apart, and townies lose it in equal numbers. When the mindset doesn't match up, and the reaction doesn't fit with their previous play, then I start to get suspicious.
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #465
timmae
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
As far as out of game commitments... I let it affect my thinking once in an early game and I regretted it immediately. We all have lives that get in the way. I will take any posted OOG commitments into account when analyzing. Until someone shows that they cannot be trusted (i.e. uses an OOG item to their advantage) that is. Grover's statement yesterday (and for tonight) is noted. I don't hold bowling against him (I grew up in Wisconsin after all!).
__________________
Interactive OOTP 15 Dynasty (Single Season) CHAMPION!!
Oh yeah... Happy New York Day everyone!
timmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #466
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
vote fontisian

Simply based on her aggressive, nearly ruthless attacking on EF being a wolf. I believe EF is innocent and that font is covering for herself by continually going after EF.
Aggression is not a scumtell. Ever.

Let's try this. Why do you think EF is town?
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #467
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I never actually said this, because it's not, strictly speaking, true.

The reaction to pressure entirely depends on the player. I've seen wolves genuinely fall apart, wolves fake falling apart, and townies lose it in equal numbers. When the mindset doesn't match up, and the reaction doesn't fit with their previous play, then I start to get suspicious.

Suspicious is fine. Rock solid in your conviction, on Day One, with no objective evidence and constantly posting and re-posting your opinion?

That just comes off way nutty. I'm not following crazy to the promised land, sorry.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #468
Raven
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
No one has more personal obligations than me. I work a second job where I can't post late and I am never on at deadline.

Try bouncing/feeding a (nearly) 5 month old on your knee and typing with one finger on a phone with your other hand while the baby constantly grabs for the phone! lol
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #469
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Very interesting theory.

I am absolutely convinced that EF is not a wolf. He would not have called for nightfall if he were.

However, I don't necessarily buy his "piggybacking" read on Shoveler.

Catching up - I don't know about EF not calling nightfall as a wolf. I wouldn't discount anyone from trying it if they felt cornered, especially with it getting attention as a villager move recently.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #470
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Try bouncing/feeding a (nearly) 5 month old on your knee and typing with one finger on a phone with your other hand while the baby constantly grabs for the phone! lol

Haha okay, Raven takes it.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #471
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
font, if he is playing a game to set himself up as a wolf with you as his foil, then he chose well. You allowed the hypothetical wolf EF to jump on your ardent and unwavering pursuit of him by not sitting back and making the long play and seeing what information develops. You locked on him like a Patriot missile and kept hammering that nail over and over.

You made yourself look way over the top when we ALL know you have no information but your gut. Anyone who goes in on like that, we're not going to trust you. If EF has played up the victim role, it is because of your incessant attacks on him.

So I am not buying that he is a wolf. And that's pretty much your fault.
You can't be serious. Chief, do you have any idea how often I die night one? I sat back and didn't pursue timmae last game, even though I strongly suspected he was scum, and lo and behold, I was shot night one and he coasted to endgame. What a shock.

I cannot afford to let things slip by, and I'm glad I didn't here, when my pressure on EF is the reason he was forced to out himself as scum yesterDay.

You cannot seriously decide not to follow a good case because the person making it has too much conviction. That's insane.
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #472
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Suspicious is fine. Rock solid in your conviction, on Day One, with no objective evidence and constantly posting and re-posting your opinion?

That just comes off way nutty. I'm not following crazy to the promised land, sorry.
Surety is a form of pressure. When you attack someone with conviction, they are more likely to slip up.

YesterDay, I was almost certain that EF was a better lynch than Cheeki and brit, because he had acted in an increasingly scummy manner while Cheeki and brit had been very town. I acted on that certainty. Deal with it.
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #473
Shoveler
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Try bouncing/feeding a (nearly) 5 month old on your knee and typing with one finger on a phone with your other hand while the baby constantly grabs for the phone! lol

Damn. We're expecting twins in a few months. I better find a mind controlled phone now.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #474
Grover
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lisboa, ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Aggression is not a scumtell. Ever.

Says you. Everyone has a different playstyle.

Why should I immediately believe what you're saying here?
__________________
Come On You Irons!
West Ham United | Philadelphia Flyers | Cincinnati Bengals | Kansas City Royals

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:01 PM   #475
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Says you. Everyone has a different playstyle.

Why should I immediately believe what you're saying here?
Here's a quote from a mentor chat with Voxxicus, someone who's opinion on the game I respect immensely.

[quote]I can name one thing that I do NOT think is a scum tell that I keep seeing people over here paint as one, though:

'Bloodthirsty'.

I keep being accused of being this word when I'm town. And I think it's more indicative of a town mindset than a scum one, to be honest. Scum tend to shy away from accountability when it comes to lynching people, and have more...self-awareness than to have that kind of attitude towards lynching.[quote]

Source: Prophhicus Mentor QT Thing - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Can you tell me why you think EF is town?
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:01 PM   #476
Raven
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Damn. We're expecting twins in a few months. I better find a mind controlled phone now.

Awesome. Congrats! (and good luck with the phone!)
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #477
Grover
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lisboa, ME
Because absolutely nothing EF has done has convinced me that he could be a wolf.
__________________
Come On You Irons!
West Ham United | Philadelphia Flyers | Cincinnati Bengals | Kansas City Royals

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:04 PM   #478
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
You can't be serious. Chief, do you have any idea how often I die night one? I sat back and didn't pursue timmae last game, even though I strongly suspected he was scum, and lo and behold, I was shot night one and he coasted to endgame. What a shock.

I cannot afford to let things slip by, and I'm glad I didn't here, when my pressure on EF is the reason he was forced to out himself as scum yesterDay.

You cannot seriously decide not to follow a good case because the person making it has too much conviction. That's insane.

If it's a good case, I will follow it. But you didn't make a good case. You went on a hunch. I don't trust your hunches. I don't find that you are right enough to follow them. You see conviction. I see a narrow and closed mind who won't consider any information which doesn't agree with your initial impression.

I have played many times with players with your approach and more often than not, it's bad to follow such players.

Rely on the evidence.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #479
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Surety is a form of pressure. When you attack someone with conviction, they are more likely to slip up.

YesterDay, I was almost certain that EF was a better lynch than Cheeki and brit, because he had acted in an increasingly scummy manner while Cheeki and brit had been very town. I acted on that certainty. Deal with it.

And that is why you will lose.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #480
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Damn. We're expecting twins in a few months. I better find a mind controlled phone now.

Awesome. Congrats Shoveler!
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #481
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
If it's a good case, I will follow it. But you didn't make a good case. You went on a hunch. I don't trust your hunches. I don't find that you are right enough to follow them. You see conviction. I see a narrow and closed mind who won't consider any information which doesn't agree with your initial impression.

I have played many times with players with your approach and more often than not, it's bad to follow such players.

Rely on the evidence.
I can accept you calling yesterDay a hunch, even if you are wrong. But toDay? After that last minute vote?

No. EF is scum.
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #482
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I'm not sure I can express how insulting it is to be told to "rely on the evidence," when I've outlined the evidence for an EF lynch and no evidence to oppose it has been offered other that that I'm "aggressive."
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #483
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I can accept you calling yesterDay a hunch, even if you are wrong. But toDay? After that last minute vote?

No. EF is scum.

He struck me as someone who was very frustrated with being attacked again on the hunch of someone who is, frankly, an aggravating player to receive attention from. He didn't strike me as someone operating on reason and rationality. That first vote was made on frustration. The second vote was an attempt to save himself.

Ties at FOFC are often no lynches, so it makes sense to me that EF was betting on that when he made that vote.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #484
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I'm not sure I can express how insulting it is to be told to "rely on the evidence," when I've outlined the evidence for an EF lynch and no evidence to oppose it has been offered other that that I'm "aggressive."

Deal with it?
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:18 PM   #485
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
I think the kill on Britrock most likely simply indicates someone putting in the kill earlier in the day and not being around at deadline. I'm not going to dig further than that because I don't think it's fun to catch people in that sense, but he would have been a fairly safe choice a couple hours earlier, and he's a strong villager. He also has played at the BGG site, so may be more familiar to those players than some of us who have only played here.

I am actually learning toward EF. I think he could be just as frustrated as a wolf, after getting put in the lead two Day 1s in a row. It's even more frustrating when you get picked out of a hat as a wolf. Probably a decent target for not having been scanned last night too.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #486
path12
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
I'm very surprised you're still where you are at, fontisian.
__________________
We have always been at war with Eastasia.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #487
Raven
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Baltimore, MD
[quote=fontisian;3019260]Here's a quote from a mentor chat with Voxxicus, someone who's opinion on the game I respect immensely.

[quote]I can name one thing that I do NOT think is a scum tell that I keep seeing people over here paint as one, though:

'Bloodthirsty'.

I keep being accused of being this word when I'm town. And I think it's more indicative of a town mindset than a scum one, to be honest. Scum tend to shy away from accountability when it comes to lynching people, and have more...self-awareness than to have that kind of attitude towards lynching.
Quote:

Source: Prophhicus Mentor QT Thing - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Can you tell me why you think EF is town?

That play style may fit your personality, but it doesn't fit for most of us. Also, I do not think it comes across the way you think it comes across.

Also, we know that you're smart enough not to play bloodthirsty only as villager and something different when wolf. That would be completely transparent.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #488
Zinto
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
As of Post 486

EagleFan 2-Fontisian(355), Jag(356)
Shoveler 1-EagleFan(360)
Timmae 1-Path(361)
Raven 1-Narcizo(410)
Fontisian 1-Grover(462)

Nightfall 1-EagleFan(360)
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #489
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
We have a vote count?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #490
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Mind reading eh
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #491
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
He struck me as someone who was very frustrated with being attacked again on the hunch of someone who is, frankly, an aggravating player to receive attention from. He didn't strike me as someone operating on reason and rationality. That first vote was made on frustration. The second vote was an attempt to save himself.

Ties at FOFC are often no lynches, so it makes sense to me that EF was betting on that when he made that vote.
The problem with that is the word "again."

I haven't attacked EF before this game. In fact, I townread him for the past two games. We have already discussed this in this thread.

If EF was betting on a no-lynch, why did he say he was hoping for a lynch on both him and Cheeki?
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #492
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
That play style may fit your personality, but it doesn't fit for most of us. Also, I do not think it comes across the way you think it comes across.

Also, we know that you're smart enough not to play bloodthirsty only as villager and something different when wolf. That would be completely transparent.

So, your argument is that it's not alignment indicative for me?
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:25 PM   #493
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'm very surprised you're still where you are at, fontisian.
Why?
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #494
timmae
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
You can't be serious. Chief, do you have any idea how often I die night one? I sat back and didn't pursue timmae last game, even though I strongly suspected he was scum, and lo and behold, I was shot night one and he coasted to endgame. What a shock.

I cannot afford to let things slip by, and I'm glad I didn't here, when my pressure on EF is the reason he was forced to out himself as scum yesterDay.

You cannot seriously decide not to follow a good case because the person making it has too much conviction. That's insane.

I still feel bad about that font. Nothing personal.

I actually think strong convictions one way or the other are fine as long as people aren't pushing their views by overriding others' thoughts.
__________________
Interactive OOTP 15 Dynasty (Single Season) CHAMPION!!
Oh yeah... Happy New York Day everyone!
timmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:32 PM   #495
Raven
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
So, your argument is that it's not alignment indicative for me?

If you were playing every game with a different set of players, it would make sense. But, at FOFC, you're playing every game with roughly the same set of players.

I don't believe you will play bloodthirsty every time you are a villager and completely different when a wolf. If you did, you'd blow your cover every time you were wolf.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:32 PM   #496
path12
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Why?

Because you are smart enough to know that the wolves messed up on the nightkill, the EF situation resolves itself without a lynch and the better value for the village is trying to suss out who was hiding where on what could very well be a three way village vote yesterday.

So for me your motivations for pushing EF today come into question.
__________________
We have always been at war with Eastasia.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #497
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
lots of meetings today, will chime in some later
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #498
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Where is Vaimes?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:35 PM   #499
Grover
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lisboa, ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Where is Vaimes?

Lurking, it would appear.
__________________
Come On You Irons!
West Ham United | Philadelphia Flyers | Cincinnati Bengals | Kansas City Royals

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:36 PM   #500
fontisian
College Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Because you are smart enough to know that the wolves messed up on the nightkill, the EF situation resolves itself without a lynch and the better value for the village is trying to suss out who was hiding where on what could very well be a three way village vote yesterday.

So for me your motivations for pushing EF today come into question.
How exactly does the EF situation get resolved without a lynch?

I suspect the britrock kill was either made because they thought he was the seer or made to make EF look good. I don't care to analyze a kill that I have relatively little information about.
__________________
Brienne of Tarth
Storm's End
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.