Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #251
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
Very true. Understand, though, any intrusion past the Mountains of Dread is entering Japanese territory, and will be dealt ... harshly.

I'm comfortable making that the border to the Japanese lands, and willing to allow only Caravels and Scouts past that line if you are.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:04 PM   #252
WVUFAN
College Starter

The borders to the Japanese lands and people are infinite, as the back brain kicks of Emperor Hayabusa are infinite. We may roam where we please, while you may only roam where we please. I hope you can understand the difference.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:05 AM   #253
Runtheball
High School JV

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh. This is gonna be goooooood!
Beware the beast "Man", for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
-- The Lawgiver
Runtheball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #254
saldana
Pro Starter

anyone else timing out trying to connect?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:05 PM   #255
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
The borders to the Japanese lands and people are infinite, as the back brain kicks of Emperor Hayabusa are infinite. We may roam where we please, while you may only roam where we please. I hope you can understand the difference.

Sounds good. Why don't you "roam" into that big blue and white wet area north of us.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #256
Franklinnoble
Banned

Is the game back online yet?
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:48 PM   #257
saldana
Pro Starter

not yet
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 AM   #258
WVUFAN
College Starter

Should be back up in an hour or so.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:39 AM   #259
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Sounds good. Why don't you "roam" into that big blue and white wet area north of us.

The Emperor Hayabusa does not find your attempt at humor funny. Only the Emperor Hayabusa, by way of the Back Brain Kick, has the right to laugh.

And he will. As he kicks you on the back of your head, he will laugh loudly and mightily.

Long live the Great Emperor Hayabusa!

Last edited by WVUFAN : 06-19-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #260
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
The Emperor Hayabusa does not find your attempt at humor funny. Only the Emperor Hayabusa, by way of the Back Brain Kick, has the right to laugh.

And he will. As he kicks you on the back of your head, he will laugh loudly and mightily.

Sorry, 'humor' doesn't exist until Drama is invented. Please check back in 1000 years, if you survive that long.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:52 PM   #261
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Hmm, a map and 2 scouts. These tribes must hate where they live to be exploring around this much...
Old 06-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #262
JeeberD
General Manager

We seem to be down right now...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #263
Franklinnoble
Banned

Yep... still down.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #264
WVUFAN
College Starter

I'm at work, so this is the first time I've been able to contact anyone.

For the past day, my internet has died. I have a techie from my cable company looking at it, finding out why I'm getting so many disconnects and why it died, so as soon as I am able to get it back on, the game will be back on. Sorry for this delay -- but I'm doing everything I can to get it back up.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #265
WVUFAN
College Starter

The forces of the Great Emperor Hayabusa has found the path you took through the Mountains of Dread to reach our lands. You are a sneaky people.

The Great Emperor Hayabusa is not without understanding. He understands that the limited intelligence of your people and he knows you did not know whose lands you were entering. Because of this, and his unbounded mercy, he has decided against back brain kicking your leader, but he is put on notice -- leave our lands and never return, all the while genuflecting as you leave, or back brain kicks will be issued to all your pitiful people.

You are welcome.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT EMPEROR HAYABUSA!

Last edited by WVUFAN : 06-22-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:09 PM   #266
Samdari
Roster Filler

Down again
Old 06-22-2006, 07:21 PM   #267
WVUFAN
College Starter

Damnit. :-(

Old 06-23-2006, 02:32 AM   #268
WVUFAN
College Starter

It's back up again.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:44 AM   #269
JeeberD
General Manager

Just letting y'all know that I'll be out of town this weekend, so you might be waiting on me today and WILL be waiting on me on Saturday. I should be back in town and ready to take a turn Sunday evening...

Old 06-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #270
Runtheball
High School JV

Down again.
This time I was in the middle of taking my turn when it lost connection. I'm unable to reconnect.
Beware the beast "Man", for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 06-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #271
WVUFAN
College Starter

It's back up.

Old 06-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #272
Celeval
Pro Starter

Are we back up from yesterday?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #273
WVUFAN
College Starter

Yup. We should be good to go.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:01 PM   #274
JeeberD
General Manager

Been trying to take my turn but the game is down...

Old 06-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #275
WVUFAN
College Starter

I'll check it when I get home.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:11 AM   #276
JeeberD
General Manager

Still timing out on me...

Old 06-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #277
Samdari
Roster Filler

Yeah, its been down for me since 9am.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #278
WVUFAN
College Starter

Update (I'm posting this in another thread as well):

After weeks of spotty performance that I believed was due to my cable connection -- after weeks of calling the cable company in to switch out the modem, doing checks on everything under the sun -- after weeks of my connection dying pretty much each night and causing me no end of annoyance and poor performance for the Pitboss game -- it all came to a head last night.

My NetGear Router Died. Yes, 4 "experts" on the internet looked at my 2 year old router and told me if couldn't possibly be that, but yet my router completely died last night. I hooked the cable up to my roommates CPU and it worked fine. Hook it up to the router -- no connectivity.

So, I'm on the lookout for another wireless router. Any suggestions?

Old 06-29-2006, 06:17 PM   #279
Runtheball
High School JV

I don't trust wireless security, and I hate routers. For about 8 years now I've been running two computers through a simple 4-port hub (with two IP addresses from my ISP). The hub has never given me any trouble at all. Simple solution, and the hub would cost you about $5 if you can still find them on the market.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 06-30-2006, 04:43 AM   #280
WVUFAN
College Starter

the game is back up, BUT -- it has a new IP address. Please update your logins:

The new IP is:

Old 06-30-2006, 06:51 AM   #281
Runtheball
High School JV

Still can't connect. Tried that IP address twice.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 06-30-2006, 07:28 AM   #282
Miller Time
H.S. Freshman Team

Not able to connect on my end either.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:29 AM   #283
Runtheball
High School JV

The Emperor Hyabusa obviously is lacking in technological advancement. His are a backward people, totally unable to communicate and play well with others, and will soon be subjugated.
-- The Lawgiver

Last edited by Runtheball : 06-30-2006 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #284
Franklinnoble
Banned

Well, considering that none of use will discover fiber optics for at least another 4500 years or so, we might be kinda stuck here.

(no, I can't connect either)
Old 06-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #285
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runtheball
The Emperor Hyabusa obviously is lacking in technological advancement. His are a backward people, totally unable to communicate and play well with others, and will soon be subjugated.

It's HAYABUSA! With an "A". Only people who forget "A's" in Emperor's names are backwards.

As for the technological thing ... um ... I plead no contest.

Still trying to get this to work. It'll work for a bit, then not. I know I"m missing something simple, just have to make it work somehow.

I appreciate your patience. I understand it's frustrating, but I'm working on this the best I can.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #286
Runtheball
High School JV

Now seems like a good time to say "thanks" to Eric for working so hard to keep us all entertained. Here's hoping you're ultimately successful!
-- The Lawgiver
Old 07-01-2006, 02:35 AM   #287
WVUFAN
College Starter

If someone is online right now, try and log on to the game.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:49 AM   #288
WVUFAN
College Starter

Ok ... it seems to be working. The correct IP now should be: 24.154.139.99

New service -- FOFC Webstats!!!

Are you away from the computer that has Civ4? Are you curious how much time is left in your turn and who's still left to take their turn.

This LINK will take you to a live, active and consistant site where info about our FOFC game is updated. After everyone takes an initial turn, when people take their turn, how much time is left in the turn and who's winning is available from any computer at any time. I hope this is interesting to people.

The name of the link is:

http://www.apartment167.com/pitboss/....php?gameid=46

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-01-2006 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #289
WVUFAN
College Starter

dola --

I'm glad to see everyone's able to log on now (if you can't, PM me and we'll make sure you're on the right IP).

I am sorry for all the delays, as I know I told you Pitboss would be a quicker game than normal. Hopefully with the techie things fixed, things can get back to a normal 24 hour turn. I very much appreciate everyone's patience on this. I really do hope this'll be the last trouble we'll have with this game.

Again, I'm sorry for the long delays on this. I just wanted y'all to know I appreciate you participating in my little game.

- Eric

Old 07-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #290
Franklinnoble
Banned

Can we make the turns faster than 24 hours? It seems like we have a few laggards that are always eating the entire clock - and I'd like to get in more than one turn a day. At this rate, we'll have tanks by next January. What does everyone else think?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #291
Vince
Pro Starter

I think we should give it a few days of being back to 'normal' before we decide to do anything like that. I know a few days of not being able to log in ever got me discouraged, and I forgot to check in for a few days. Now that it seems to be up and running smoothly, I'd imagine we'll pick up the pace a little bit.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:25 AM   #292
Runtheball
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Can we make the turns faster than 24 hours? It seems like we have a few laggards that are always eating the entire clock - and I'd like to get in more than one turn a day. At this rate, we'll have tanks by next January. What does everyone else think?

I'm in complete agreement with this.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 07-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #293
Runtheball
High School JV

Hate to say this, but I'm getting timed out trying to connect to the host.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 07-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #294
Samdari
Roster Filler

time out here too
Old 07-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #295
WVUFAN
College Starter

Well, this time it was intentional. We had a big ole' thunderstorm, so I and the lightning was awfully close, so I turned off the computer until it's over. I saved the game file, so it'll be back on in a couple of minutes.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #296
Runtheball
High School JV

[quote=WVUFAN]Ok ... it seems to be working. The correct IP now should be: 24.154.139.99

Is this still the correct IP? It's the only one I can find written down on my desk, but I can't connect to it. I see Eric has been active this morning, so I guess the game is not down.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 07-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #297
WVUFAN
College Starter

No, it's 24.154.139.199

Old 07-07-2006, 02:08 AM   #298
WVUFAN
College Starter

Lots and lots of updates!!!

Firstly, there is a new link for the Webstats for the FoFC Global game. It is:

http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=46

I'll be PM'ing everyone with passwords you can use to "register" your leader. This opens up some options, including a new Diplomacy page. It's very neat.

You'll also notice that during the night there was a whole bunch of new names assigned, then assigned back. That's me, experimenting on the new 2nd Pitboss game, and making sure things will be kosher between the two. Please rest assured that no changes were made to the actual game itself -- you don't have to redo your turns, and nothing happened -- the Webstats uploader for the two got mixed up. :-)

Question, post 'em.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-07-2006 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:28 PM   #299
Franklinnoble
Banned

Sweeeet.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:33 PM   #300
WVUFAN
College Starter

Just on an aside -- The Japanese Empire is now #2 ranked!

BWAHAHAHAHA! It is the beginning of the end for everyone! I will destroy ...

... Ah, I got nothin'. :-)