Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #101
FBPro
College Starter

Mine was on the order page and in the email that was sent to me following the purchase as confirmation.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:45 PM   #102
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
I play on a ThinkPad T42 with a 32mb card.

My guess is that if you're not doing any in-game management, and just running a straight sim, you won't see much difference (aside from any performance hit as a result of running an older processor).

I don't have any trouble with the in-game such, but then again, I only spent time there out of obligation as a beta tester - I much prefer assuming a more "general manager" type role.

Cool deal. I'm actually running this on a ThinkPad T23, with the 16 meg option. Seems to be running fine for me -- though, I think I may have screwed up my ballpacks for my teams, using that one fellow's stadium .PRK file. BryanK, I think? Other than that, it's pretty enjoyable. Though, this might as well prompt me to upgrade to a newer laptop model down the line.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #103
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman
Anyone purchased the download and physical game?

I purchased them last night and tried to install the download version, but I can't find my serial number anywhere on the order page (in fact the order page said Serial #: None) or emails from Matrix. I checked the support site for recovering my serial number, but all it does is show me my order. So do I have to wait for the physical copy to arrive? Or is DR supposed to send me a serial number?

Someone, who I assume isn't you, was having the same problem last night. Sounds like the thing to do is send an e-mail to both [email protected] and [email protected] .

Last edited by sovereignstar : 05-18-2006 at 01:56 PM.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #104
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Someone, who I assume isn't you, was having the same problem last night. Sounds like the thing to do is send an e-mail to both [email protected] and [email protected] .

Done. Thanks.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:30 AM   #105
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser
How exactly would I do this? When I try Pure Sim Classic it gives me the size league I want, but with fictional players. When I use Real Major League Players - Career Mode, it does not give me a single 12 team league.

Any help here is very much appreciated!

Try this:
New game
Puresim Classic
Make your selections at the bottom of the screen - hit continue
Make your financial section - hit next
Choose your format - hit next
Name your teams - hit next
select your team - hit next
At the bottom of the next screen under player generation tools - pick what year you want the real players from.

That should get you to the draft when you hit next.

Good luck.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #106
Johnny Slick
Mascot

I'm surprised there hasn't been more fan work done with the XML as of yet. IMO the customization of eras is the one thing that potentially sets this game apart from OOTP. It's also something of a PITA, but with a bit of work you can transform this game into a decent simulator of lots of different eras.

Also, haven't gotten to play multiple seasons with this yet, but does anybody know if the "homerun bug" wherein players would hit 60, 70, 80 homeruns roughly 7-12 years into a sim no matter what the era still exists? IIRC it lingered after the last patch of PS2k5. The triples bug was fixed, but I don't believe this one was.
Johnny Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:37 AM   #107
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

I want to play, but I'm undecided.

Should I wait for more feedback regarding gameplay?
or

Be impatient and go ahead and get it?

Last edited by tucker rocky : 05-21-2006 at 12:15 PM.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #108
Terps
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky
I want to play, but I'm undecided.

Should I wait for more feedback regarding gameplay?
or

Be impatient and go ahead a get it?

Same here, I don't know if I want to buy this now, wait for OOTP7, or buy both.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #109
vtbub
College Starter

Pure Sim is a solid game. If you enjoy solo fictionial play, I highly recommend it.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:39 AM   #110
Johnny Slick
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps
Same here, I don't know if I want to buy this now, wait for OOTP7, or buy both.
Get both if you can afford it. OOTP is going to be the much more polished of the two games, but a. Shaun Sullivan is a baseball fan who can program while Markus Heinsohn is a programmer with some knowledge of baseball, and b. Puresim is a lot more transparent, both in terms of how the game engine determines results and the extent to which you can tweak those results. Also, I have a sense that, if supported, PS is going to be a really awesome game in a year or two.
Johnny Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:05 AM   #111
Qrusher14242
High School JV

Im having a lot of fun playing an Historical league that started in 1990. The HTML Almanac is so cool. It has most of what was in catobase(without win shares and some fielding stats), but it generates it very fast.

The sim speed has improved from last year and the PSPN has gotten better(hopefully OOTP7 has something as cool as this). The player cards are better looking and more organized.

So far the stats have been within reason for the time period. Havent seen anyone over 80 hrs or anything. I havent even tried out a fictional league, but that'll be my next league.

One thing i like over what i have seen from the new OOTP is the interface. It's not nearly as cluttered and more organized. It doesnt try to list every single stat on one screen and it spaces things out better. It is a little less responsive than OOTP, but its more easy on the eyes.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote