Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-31-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
direct.entropy
n00b

Other Rules?

Are there any other rules that may limit renegotiation tactics in the future? Those would be nice to know in order to plan ahead a little bit.

direct.entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:15 AM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by direct.entropy View Post
Are there any other rules that may limit renegotiation tactics in the future? Those would be nice to know in order to plan ahead a little bit.
As of right now, no. If we get a few season into it and see that the no-tag rule isn't doing what I'd hoped it would do, we can talk about more rules. I prefer less rules if at all possible, though.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:21 AM   #3
direct.entropy
n00b

Thanks. And I edited a post to ask if we needed to redo our exports. 4M is a bit more significant of a disadvantage for whoever that team is. But that's a big export to redo. :|
direct.entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:29 AM   #4
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by direct.entropy View Post
Thanks. And I edited a post to ask if we needed to redo our exports. 4M is a bit more significant of a disadvantage for whoever that team is. But that's a big export to redo. :|
I just sent a PM. I checked the offers submitted via Interrogator (that way I have no idea what players got the big offers, or even the positions--I deleted the positions column before going over to the salary columns), and there's really only one contract offer out there that can't be beaten fairly easily by an aggressive team using the new 40/25 limits, so I'm not goign to make those seven guys re-export. Read the PM for details. I am contacting the one owner who has the potentially unbeatable offer and asking him to redo. The other good news is that, based on his export time, he probably needed to redo his export anyway. (He exported before the re-issuing of the file.)
Old 11-01-2008, 04:36 AM   #5
Ben E Lou

Already heard back from the big-offer owner. He's redoing his export. Everything should be fine as far as fairness goes.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, do we really mean no other rules beyond what has been articulated? Or do we mean that there's some sort of implicit rule that we aren't going to do things that are silly or unrealistic? (Not that the contracts flying around right now are terribly realistic, but I think you get my drift)

For instance... a while back, people objected to the idea that you could switch a young LB from one position to another and back and see him gain a point or two of skill with each switch. Silly exploit. Many leagues explicitly banned the practice, some relied on general rules to do so. Is something like that allowed in this league, since it's not included in the rules as off limits?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
So, do we really mean no other rules beyond what has been articulated? Or do we mean that there's some sort of implicit rule that we aren't going to do things that are silly or unrealistic? (Not that the contracts flying around right now are terribly realistic, but I think you get my drift)

For instance... a while back, people objected to the idea that you could switch a young LB from one position to another and back and see him gain a point or two of skill with each switch. Silly exploit. Many leagues explicitly banned the practice, some relied on general rules to do so. Is something like that allowed in this league, since it's not included in the rules as off limits?

I'd say that the implicit rule is "if in doubt, ask." There's a balance here. Creative ideas are welcomed and expected. This league is doing things differently, so I expect some limits to be pushed. At the same time, we need to balance how distasteful certain things are to the league members.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #8
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

This is a Ben-evolent dictatorship Quik. Keep the man happy and you're good to go.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
RedKingGold
College Starter

Rule #1 - "Don't be an asshat"
Rule #2 - Please refer to Rule #1
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote