Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Illegal Exports for FA 2:2 from BAL, GBY

Exports removed. Sorry, guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exports.jpg (156.8 KB, 54 views)

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Subby
lolzcat

I would like to move for a vote of no confidence in the league administration!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I would like to move for a vote of no confidence in the Baltimore ownership!

Fixed.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Ben E Lou

Digamma wins the thread.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm at a loss.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I'm at a loss.
I double-checked to make sure that you weren't on AI control or something, but it was definitely in your export.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

I think I have that "alien hand" thing i saw on House. I put together an export, and then some strange external life force puts in one illegal offer in top of it. Best explanation I have.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #8
zullojer
Mascot

jeez, the 1 year offers i made were to my own restricted free agents. what the hell
zullojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
zullojer
Mascot

ok, i just noticed the offers to my own players were unrestricted, not restricted. I saw in the rules offer what you want to your own players. didn't notice my guys were unrestricted. Still though it doesn't say your export will be kicked. I think that is ridiculous. You need to state the punishment for breaking a rule. It would be easier to just release players with ineligible contract signings, instead of doing a test sim to find out who made 1 year offers, then deleting their export and then running the sim for real. the team takes a cap hit, instead of a gut punch of throwing your export out when it's not stated anywhere that it will go down like that.

in closing, i am stepping down from the green bay packers. Good luck with your league.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
Ben E Lou

I've stated several times that the export gets removed, and it has happened quite a few times previously. *shurg*

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-12-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #11
Sef0r
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zullojer View Post
ok, i just noticed the offers to my own players were unrestricted, not restricted. I saw in the rules offer what you want to your own players. didn't notice my guys were unrestricted. Still though it doesn't say your export will be kicked. I think that is ridiculous. You need to state the punishment for breaking a rule. It would be easier to just release players with ineligible contract signings, instead of doing a test sim to find out who made 1 year offers, then deleting their export and then running the sim for real. the team takes a cap hit, instead of a gut punch of throwing your export out when it's not stated anywhere that it will go down like that.

in closing, i am stepping down from the green bay packers. Good luck with your league.

You get 1 more export before the rookies sign, most sign at the next stage.

Maybe its been discussed before but I was thinking instead of dropping exports the players can just be released again. I think the cap ramifications of cutting someone and putting that 20 mil into dead space would be more of a punishment then dropping their export.

Zullojer, would you rather have your team in cap hell or be a little more prepared for next off-season in 10 days time?
Sef0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #12
Ben E Lou

The reason I don't do that is that it punishes teams who got high and legal offers in early--giving others a chance to match/beat those offers that they might not have gotten otherwise were it not for the illegal offer.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #13
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zullojer View Post

hey why don't you throw a temper tantrum you fucking whining douche?

make sure you thank ben on your way out for volunteering his time to run a league that you got to enjoy for free

In closing, fuck you.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #14
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
hey why don't you throw a temper tantrum you fucking whining douche?

make sure you thank ben on your way out for volunteering his time to run a league that you got to enjoy for free

In closing, fuck you.

I think Subby overreacts quite often. Not this time though.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #15
Sef0r
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
The reason I don't do that is that it punishes teams who got high and legal offers in early--giving others a chance to match/beat those offers that they might not have gotten otherwise were it not for the illegal offer.

Sorry, I was trying to word my post in a way as to tell zullojer that its better this way then to have your team in cap hell. Your reasoning makes a lot more sense, though I doubt anyone would be able to match your 3 year $188 mil deal

Last edited by Sef0r : 05-12-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #16
zullojer
Mascot

i wasn't crying a-hole. Just stating this league is confusing as hell with all the house rules. Ben might have stated to others many times that exports get kicked, but i have been in the league for 4 days. I need to see it in the rules, not read through every past thread. And yes I would rather have the players released, because the only 1 year offers were to my own backups at league minimums or near it.

i do appreciate ben running a league, my leaving has more to do with being in 3 other leagues and saying this league isn't worth it to me. It's common in the fof world subby, stop crying. I run a league myself, and I know that house rules are cool, but only if everything is clearly stated for new owners. Without that you get attrition in a league like this.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
zullojer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I've stated several times that the export gets removed, and it has happened quite a few times previously. *shurg*

no offense ben, but put it in the rules for the next new owner.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #18
TheMeat
n00b

I think Zullojer has a good point, the rules thread is outdated. I would definitely be willing to offer my time in writing up a new one since Ben literally has his hands full these days.

And I think Subby may have come off as brash but I'm personally a huge fan of the f-word and smiled so hard when I saw that post it hurt my cheeks. And Zull did come off as whiny in his post so I'd call that one a draw.

One point tho Zull, nowhere in the league rules or in any thread does it say your export will go through and players will be released. So you made the assumption that it would go down that way because that's the way it is in other leagues, I think it is VERY fitting that an export with illegal offers be removed as allowing the player to be signed messes with other's plans and it is a just punishment. I'm sorry you want to leave, I personally would like it if you stayed and toughed it out because like C4 said the next year is only 10 days away...

I can only feel sympathy for QS being that he is an attentive and intelligent owner who was aware of all these rules and it must be very frustrating to be the cause of one's own undoing twice in as many days. The silver lining is there are still tasty FA's out there for sure and one good export at this point could save the day.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #19
Sef0r
n00b

Meat, I think that was me that said something about players being released with an illegal export.

Subby went a little too far with his "words" because I'm sure he knows the rules page does not say the export will be deleted. Not a shot at you Subby, but he is new and it isn't stated in the rules what would happen, just NOT to do it. I made that mistake last night before an export after doing everything else, had to re-open the file and start from scratch. But I know to do this because I've read about NOT doing it for the last 3 seasons.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #20
Subby
lolzcat

No hard feelings, Ace Frehley.

I just think it's silly to quit over it. This league runs a new season every hour practically. Entire careers are over in a blink.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #21
Ben E Lou

This is a silly argument. The rules thread doesn't say what the consequences are, but it certainly does say what the rule is. This is an easy one: don't break the rule, and you don't have to face any consequences. But really, if the consequences had been in the thread, would that have changed *anything* that happened here??? The *exact* same outcome that would have occurred had it been in the thread is what occurred here.

Or are you saying that you broke the rule intentionally and wouldn't have broken it if you'd read the consequences? (That's really the only other alternative...)
Old 05-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #22
TheMeat
n00b

I like the way you think Ben, that is surely the core of the issue, logically.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #23
Sef0r
n00b

In this case, 1+1 does equal 2...