Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
TheMeat
n00b

How Was Your Offseason?

I think it'd be good to hear from everyone how they felt about their offseason and how they feel about their chances going into the season.

My offseason plan was to finally shed a couple bad contracts, take some cap hits this year and next and use the cap room I didn't have last year to infuse my team with some new talent. The term rebuilding comes to mind, as does the term complete overhaul. Realistically I'd have to say that I've taken a step back since my cohesion isn't good and didn't improve, and the young guys will need a season or two to develop but I'm extremely happy with all the talent I managed to get.

The main change was the switch from venerable Ernie Pennock to 4th year stallion Ronald Diaz, a half-step back there as well but the foundations for the Diaz era have been laid and he will lead my team to happier times. Other additions were a great new LT (Rasby) and much needed help for my DL and secondary. I went mad signing over 10 new DL and half a dozen DBs but I specifically went for guys with good combines in important areas to set up what I hope to be an above average pass D once they fill out.

I predict my team for another 8~8 finish, anything better and I'll be thrilled but I surely won't be shocked to see something worse, perhaps a 6~10 showing while these rookies take their lumps. Most importantly I'm hoping to succeed in getting Diaz some solid numbers while trying to avoid getting thrashed by the beasts in the AFC North while I set the tone for future success.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'd say ours was decent, aside from having the problem of trying to decide which QB to start (We went with our old starter Bernstein over Dejban this season, but set him at 1 for PT, so if he struggles, hopefully Dejban can right the ship.)

We did manage to re-stock our WR corps and Johnny Hill has been a very pleasant surprise as he enters year 3.. Add the release of rapidly declining RB Jesse Hampton and now we have a young Offense with a solid and fairly deep line, and a defense that is equally deep and very strong for the most part, although we were quite disappointed with our rookie CB acquisition who has failed to impress at all.

We've got a better return game this year too, on paper. The field position that gets us is could be an advantage if our guys perform to their abilities.

We're expecting good things again, but we'll see. This division has no shortage of contenders.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Ours was quite odd.

I had 3 backup-level (at best) players join our squad and that's IT.

We're basically playing with the exact same team as last year.

We've been together a LONG time at this point - if you look at our cohesion our OLine is a bit rusty together, but passing is 100, D7 97, and secondary 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Ours was quite odd.

I had 3 backup-level (at best) players join our squad and that's IT.

We're basically playing with the exact same team as last year.

We've been together a LONG time at this point - if you look at our cohesion our OLine is a bit rusty together, but passing is 100, D7 97, and secondary 100.

We are in fairly the same spot. Our offseason we picked up some youth which will primarily be in backup roles or even inactive for the season. Our cohesion is 96 - passing, 88 -Offensive Line and 99 - defensive secondary.

Only our defensive front 7 did we change things up a bit as we had some age get to us.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Baltimore had some front office difficulties, but managed to make one big add this offseason, bringing in one big young receiver in Fancypants Whatshisname. Meanwhile, our big-yardage-but-no-playoffs offense will try to turn yet another no-talent dumbass QB into an all-pro, as our incumbent QB had faded into Bolivian, and our WR1 is not far behind. *sigh*

I'm feeling 8-8 and sitting it out again.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Tasan
College Starter

The Saints had a very blah offseason. We picked up a couple of minor pieces that probably won't have much impact after getting beaten out on some players who might have done some damage for us. I expect no better than .500, with something a bit lower probably the reality.