Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
TheMeat
n00b

Season Predictions

With the addition of Roman Harrison to compliment J.T. Galloway the Steelers finally have a couple of veteran receivers to start and give Ronald Diaz reliable options. All 5 OL starters are back from last year and it's a formidable squad which will hopefully give RB Lester Kemoeatu plenty of room to work. Kemoeatu is a big upgrade from last years starter, fading veteran Arbuckley, and should get some great stats in the Steelers new (more balanced) offensive gameplan.

Defensively the Steel still have some holes to fill, namely the need for playmakers in the Safety positions and better linebackers, but with the addition of veteran star Shane Swinford and two big time rookie DTs Allen Carpenter and Duane Hoppe the team will be sporting an All-DT front 4 averaging 315 pounds and with the rookies creeping up in ratings they'll all be 70+ by season's end. Last year's prize CB acquisition Kenny Whalen will lead an otherwise unspectacular but capable secondary to what should be a much improved defensive performance overall for the Steel.

I predict anywhere from 9 to 12 wins this year and hopefully my first playoff victory or four in what will be the Steelers' last year in Pittsburgh.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think it is safe to say the Giants won't repeat last year's performance, but I think we still have to be considered a good chance to make it into the postseason. I am not sure that there is much room for improvement in our offense, but I think at least it should be comparable to last season.

The defense will be the big question mark for us. For the second straight season we replaced a large number of players on that side of the ball. The defensive line all look to build on a strong first year together last season, but we have plenty of new faces in the linebacking corp and secondary.

Even with that, I feel we likely should win 9 or 10 games this season.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

Baltimore again ought to be a fairly serious contender, I'll be disappointed if we aren't up in the 11-13 win range. We added some depth this year, but I don't think we really added any starters anywhere, other than in a possibly reshuffled defensive secondary. Oh, we have a new stiff to run the ball, in the off chance we opt to do so. Hardly even counts as a starter on this team, so I basically forgot about our RB.

I'd guess we end up 11-5, and hopefully about +120 in points.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote