Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2029 Regular Season Complete

LEAGUE FILE

The database has been updating for about an hour and a half. It should be done in the next hour or so. SoleHTML is uploading right now as well. I'm guessing 20-30 minutes for it to finish.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 07-16-2009 at 07:47 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

Weird year for Baltimore. I apparently mucked something up with my playing time setting, and my "go to" receiver we have built the whole offense around didn't even get the most targets. Instead, we sent the most passes toward a free agent stiff who racked up a pathetic <6 ypt. And our defense really wasn't as tough as I had hoped in most of the key respects. So, on those fronts, a very disappointing season.

On the other hand, we went 14-2 and are the #1 seed. So I guess I stop bitching now.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Not bad with a completely rebuilt roster filled with rookies including at QB. 10-6 with a wildcard berth. QB did a nice job spreading it around to all 3 of my top receivers. WR Vinnie Hopkins looks nice, 44/44 but some positional experience and green bars left.

Anybody have an extractor grab of the rookie class? I'm curious if S Trent Weathers was a red flag in that file and I missed it or if he's added it on since the season started. I've never seen the latter, but I'm also pretty good generally about avoiding the former.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
digamma
Torchbearer

10-6 and miss the play-offs on an overtime field goal vs. Miami. Nice to have some competition back in the division, I guess. So it goes.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Damn Cardinals

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Anybody have an extractor grab of the rookie class? I'm curious if S Trent Weathers was a red flag in that file and I missed it or if he's added it on since the season started. I've never seen the latter, but I'm also pretty good generally about avoiding the former.
I don't, but some inspection in the past led me to believe very strongly that the Red Flag gets set at player creation and never goes away, but can never be added after player creation. I guess it's possible that the ability to gain the red flag is an undocumented patch add-on, but it seems unlikely.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola, I guess finishing second to Washington last year paid off for me.. I didn't have to face Atlanta this year. That probably helped inflate my record some.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
Subby
lolzcat

That may have been the best offensive season I have ever put together. Pretty sure we have scored more points, but we have never had that kind of balance. Getting over 8 yds per target and 13 receiving touchdowns out of my RB was pretty awesome.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Lets ship the NFC north off to some European football league.

Tough break for Washington, they had a good team and smacked the Falcons around. Just lost too many games against teams they should have beaten.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
chinaski
College Prospect

Arg!!!! I swear I uploaded my export.... 10-6 season with a rookie QB I didnt want starting and everyone set to 60% pt, so I guess thats a small victory.

Arg!!!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #11
Tasan
College Starter

Wow. I was at first bummed when I didn't see my team in the playoff screen there. Then I hit the team summary button, and had to do a double take when all but the last 2 games were dotted in green. I thought we might be good, but 14-2 good? No way.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Wow. I was at first bummed when I didn't see my team in the playoff screen there. Then I hit the team summary button, and had to do a double take when all but the last 2 games were dotted in green. I thought we might be good, but 14-2 good? No way.

Way to choke at the end of the season there! sheesh

Old 07-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
Tasan
College Starter

Ha!

I knew someone would throw that at me! Figures its you Alan. ;- )

I don't really care, to be completely honest. I'm just happy to be back in the post season after all the time. I haven't been since the first season, if my memory is right. Maybe second.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #14
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Ooooh, I didn't even realize it was gonna be a Jr. High grudge match in the AFC East. Should be fun.

I was very lucky this year, winning 6 games by 4 pts or less.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #15
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Tasan, I think you need to change your sig.

Or feel free to revert to form next season, I won't mind.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #16
TheMeat
n00b

The AFC North is one tough bitch. The three best teams in the AFC all in one div, and between PIT, BAL and CIN we only lost 2 games out of division, Cincy losing to Houston and BAL losing to... DETROIT?! Haw Haw

I'm very happy with my season, 13 wins is by far my best effort and I'm excited about my chances in the playoffs although it's always a roll of the dice in the postseason. Runner-up for the OPOY and DPOY is nice too. I don't see my team getting much better in the seasons to come but my starters are very young on the whole and most of the current starting squad is together for 3 or 4 years before they start holding out and the cap demon drags me down to hell.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #17
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Harold Lavorin is a beast. 21.5 sacks, 7 fumbles forced, and an DPOY award. Looks like a future HOFer.

We were very happy with the results of the season, only losing a few close games, and playing our two main division rivals to splits in the season series. The playoffs are a toss up with the way talent is distributed in this league, so we'll just let it ride and see where we end up.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:51 AM   #18
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Just wanted to add that I feel like SF paying 30 mil a year to get Enbysk was actually a bargain. The dude is the best CB I've seen in FOF. A one man secondary.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #19
TheMeat
n00b

Ya, I kinda tried to talk him out of making that offer, luckily he would not be deterred, and definitely the best CB I have ever seen in FOF. With Arizona's WR and QB in decline they will be up against it for the next 10 years trying to throw against Enbysk.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

Last edited by TheMeat : 07-17-2009 at 06:07 PM.
TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote