Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Status

The league file is set to go at the beginning of 2020 FA2, and I also have FOFRoster.csv with 2020 draft class details. Both will be distributed once we have a full group of owners. All 32 teams have the full cap available, and no one under contract.

Tampa Bay was the least profitable franchise in 2019. Their max offer numbers will be our max offer numbers in the initial FA stage.

TB MAX BONUS: $46,990,000.
TB MAX SALARY: $28,190,000.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 10-30-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:36 AM   #2
Ben E Lou

Update

OK. I've got a basic web page up.

FOFC-ANFL

It'll probably stay pretty basic, with a few new reports. A few details/comments.
  • Right now the home page is set to the owner list. I'm not really sure *what* to put there. Suggestions?
  • The images aren't linked to team pages right now, but that's the plan.
  • The File Uploader has been tested by both Wade and I, and is working properly. Once the league is full, I'll send out passwords.
  • "Game Recaps" looks buggy right now, but don't fret. It's actually only a one-stage bug. When I coded that page, I forgot to account for a week where only one game was played (only happens once a year ), so that's why. It works perfectly fine for regular weekly sims. It will look more like this normally. I'll work on fixing it for the Bowl game this weekend.
  • No Weekly Previews are there, simply because the database is still set to end of 2019, so no games are scheduled. Those will look similar to this (but with a modified color scheme).
  • I'm not yet comfortable with my ability to write a secure player search algorithm, so the long "Active Player List" will have to do for now. Load up that page, Ctrl-F, and type in a full or partial name to search. At some point, that link will probably be replaced by a player search box.
  • More custom stats reports will be posted at some point soon.
  • On player pages, I need to rethink the algorithm that pulls transactions. It takes entirely too long to process and display those, and some are missing for some reason. Please be patient while I figure that out. I hope to get some time this weekend to give that a good look.
One big question that I have: for team pages, would y'all want the data there limited to the human-run era? I'm kinda thinking that would make sense. The in-game stuff is there if you want to know how a player did pre-2020, but maybe we use the web presence to filter out everything that didn't happen under human management?

Let me know if anything isn't working. I'm open to suggestions, but please know that I'm very much a newbie at this side of things.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 10-30-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
One big question that I have: for team pages, would y'all want the data there limited to the human-run era? I'm kinda thinking that would make sense. The in-game stuff is there if you want to know how a player did pre-2020, but maybe we use the web presence to filter out everything that didn't happen under human management?

I think this is a great idea. Like you said - we could still see full career stats in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:37 AM   #4
RedKingGold
College Starter

Agreed. Also, it would make the DogBytes stuff more meaningful for all-time career teams and who "really" had the best season when the 49er's didn't have all have the best players in the league.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #5
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I also agree - we have it all in-game if we really care. But all I want to see on the fly on the site is how awesome I have personally done
Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 AM   #6
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:

TB MAX BONUS: $46,990,000.
TB MAX SALARY: $28,190,000.

And I am correct to assume this for a full contract, yes?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
And I am correct to assume this for a full contract, yes?
Not 100% sure what you're asking there, but the limitation (just temporary for FA2 in 2020 only) is that no contract can be offered by any team with more than $46.99M total bonus, or more than $28.19M salary in any one year. It's fine to offer more than $28.19M in *total* salary.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #8
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That was my question, whether or not it was for one year or for a full contract length. But your explanation here and in the other thread have cleared it up for me
Old 10-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #9
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
One big question that I have: for team pages, would y'all want the data there limited to the human-run era?

Yep.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #10
direct.entropy
n00b

Quote:

I think so. We've got the history that we need ingame so the site should be for history after 2020.
direct.entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #11
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Human-run era only works for me, too.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #12
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Human era only works for me- but either way is cool.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote