Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-04-2008, 03:53 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

LOL

Philly had 119 offers withdrawn due to cap room in the last stage.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:17 AM   #2
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Wow Suicane. I can't say anything bad about that, you invested more time making offers then everyone else put together.

Last edited by Cringer : 11-04-2008 at 04:18 AM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
Suicane75
Coordinator

My strategy, in retrospect, not so good.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
My strategy, in retrospect, not so good.

I suffered basically the same fate in round one of ECFL. I carpetbombed the FA market, landed nearly a complete team in the first stage, blew through just about all my cap space, and then sat back and watched the rest of the FA market completely underwhelmed me for its ferocity. I really expected the bargains to be in round one, instead the bargains there were later on as the 8 human teams just overlooked a ton of quality players who ended up going really cheaply.

Hard to say what will happen here, with 32 owners who are theoretically capable of processing what is happening and reacting accordingly (unlike the AI who remains clueless through any unusual setup). I'd like to think that the FA-2 stages will remain active and interesting all the way, and that there will be meaningful guys being secured all the way through.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:49 AM   #5
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Yeah. In ECFL, I and a couple of others went hard and heavy after the small handful of guys you could sign to a one-year deal, then sign long-term the next year as RFAs. That's why that strat is illegal in this league; it was *wayyyyyyyy* overpowered in the ECFL. After filling up most of my cap on those guys, I then switched over to the 45ish to 58ish types to fill out the roster spots, and it turned out that because the humans were running out of cap room and the AI was clueless about what was happening, a fair number of those guys just signed for the best offer they had, which was minisal for three years, if it was coming from me at least. If I recall, I started that league with a 56/56 starting DE signed for three years at the veteran minimum with minimum bonus, and maybe 6 other starters in that 45/45 to 58/58ish range for similar ridiculously cheap deals. Based on what I saw last night when doing my export, I don't *think* that will happen. But one thing was clear to me: I just don't have the patience to go through *all* of the decent players out there to see if any are sitting out there with no offers pending right now. It could be that the persons who invest the most sweat equity into finding the bargains over these next few stages end up having the early advantage.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-04-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:01 AM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
But one thing was clear to me: I just don't have the patience to go through *all* of the decent players out there to see if any are sitting out there with no offers pending right now. It could be that the persons who invest the most sweat equity into finding the bargains over these next few stages end up having the early advantage.

This is me as well. I'm thinking that if you have time you could really uncover some bargains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #7
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
This is me as well. I'm thinking that if you have time you could really uncover some bargains.

+2

The talent available in FA is simply overwhelming.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote