Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

League Viability.

It was just pointed out to me that I didn't sim yesterday. To be honest, I just plain forgot about it.

I wonder if it's tell-tale that no one even posted asking about it, though, and just one guy contacted me the next day. I know my interest is very low--probably too low to muster up the energy to do the commish stuff. I haven't had enough interest to check and see if there are really open teams, and I'm finding myself not wanting to go through the hassle of sending new owner(s) passwords and getting them ramped out.

So....

Is someone willing to run the league? (The bells and whistles would be available to you very simply--by just running DBUpdater after the sim.)

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
Subby
lolzcat

I didn't say anything because I didn't want to bug you.

That said, I don't think this is going to work with you as commish. Not because you aren't capable, but because you are spread kind of thin runnning WOOF and simming IHOF.

I still like this league and want to be a part of it, but we need a commish that has the time.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

To be honest, the league feels awfully mind numbing right now. There's very little conversation, it seems like people are sorta just going through the motions.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
eiskrap
n00b

I noticed, and I like the league, but I don't have time to commish any league let alone a daily league. I'd be disappointed if we couldn't find anyone else to run it but I wouldn't be suprised. It was always going to be a big effort.
eiskrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
Ben E Lou

I can see two things that might salvage it with me running it.

1. Very early morning sim times.
2. A co-commish who fully takes over all responsibilities of checking for deadbeat (non-exporting) owners, maintaining the waiting list, and bringing in replacement owners when needed. It's not that hard to do that, but for whatever reason it's something that I absolutely *hate* to do.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
RipMurdock
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I can see two things that might salvage it with me running it.

1. Very early morning sim times.
2. A co-commish who fully takes over all responsibilities of checking for deadbeat (non-exporting) owners, maintaining the waiting list, and bringing in replacement owners when needed. It's not that hard to do that, but for whatever reason it's something that I absolutely *hate* to do.

1. I'm OK with that.

2. If someone steps up to get us thru this season, then we can evaluate the situation after the season is over.

Jets
RipMurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I didn't say anything because I didn't want to bug you.

yy
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #8
Shard77
Mascot

I'd have no issue with early morning sim times.

Unfortunately, with running another league and being on the league administration in a second, I don't have the time to devote to being a league "recruiter".
Shard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #9
eiskrap
n00b

I'm down with early morning sims.

And if nobody else wanted to chase up people I'd be ok with that, although I'm away for a week from tomorrow so would have to defer the role for a little while. This is as long as there is a general consensus that the league is still a good idea.
eiskrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #10
Subby
lolzcat

Early morning sims preferable, actually.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #11
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I noticed sim hadn't run but figured you were busy/computer issues/??? and really didn't care to harass you about it.

Early morning sims are fine by me.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #12
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

i had also wondered about the sim but didn't say anything for the same reasons stated above.. I don't give a damn what time the games are simmed to be honest, so morning works well for me.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to co-commish, but I am definitely still with this league if we keep it rolling. It has the potential to be really fun once things start to shake out in a few years after initial contracts start to expire.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
Tasan
College Starter

I'm in the boat of not wanting to harass/complain because I just figured either computer problems or life issues got in the way. I'd be fine with early morning sims, and I'd be more than happy to take a role as co-commish if folks would be okay with that. I've been trying to find a way to become more involved in this league. I used to run FBPro and BBPro leagues in my college years. If I don't have to sim every time, I'd be fine with chasing folks down.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #14
Ben E Lou

I'm not sure I need a co-simmer if I move the deadline to, say, 4am, and commit to running it some time between then and 6am every morning. It's the chasing folks down and getting new password info to owners that I want out of.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #15
Subby
lolzcat

I nominate Tasan as head recruiter and non-simming poobah.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I nominate Tasan as head recruiter and non-simming poobah.

Seconded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
chinaski
College Prospect

Sounds good, now give me a team already! maaauuuh
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #18
Tasan
College Starter

Well, if Ben accepts me, I'll need to contact owners who haven't uploaded in a while and see whats up, then get an available team list ready.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #19
Ben E Lou

You're in like Flynn. PM on the way.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
Tasan
College Starter

Alright slackers, if you haven't exported in a week you've got a PM from me. Let me know if you're still in or not. Right now, we've got at least 2 opening though, and I'm going to post those right now in this forum, and let it sit for the weekend. After that, I'm going to post other places to drum up some new members.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #21
zbuckley
n00b

sweet. glad this isn't folding because I like my daily FOF fix
zbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #22
TheMeat
n00b

Yes, I'm very glad, I'm in the gang of folks not wanting to complain about no export but I checked the site probably 10 or more times yesterday. This is my first and only (so far) online MP league and I'm very interested in it.

That being said if it's a strain on folks and the league folds I'd be glad to join another league. I may anyway in addition to this one so if it folds I understand but I think we're really on to a good system here. It may seem like more of the same old to FOF vets but i like once a day stages, any slower and it may be too slow for me, that's why I couldn't maintain interest in Hattrick after two years.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

Last edited by TheMeat : 01-22-2009 at 07:22 PM.
TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #23
Ben E Lou

I don't think it's going to fold any time soon, as long as Tasan can stick with it. (NO PRESSURE THERE, BUD!!!) With a sim time move to early morning and someone else doing the stuff I hate the most about being a commish, I think this'll take off.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #24
SegRat
High School Varsity

Add me to the list of people that figured there was a logical reason we didnt sim yesterday. I wasnt going to bother Ben for one missed day.

One thing that is hard for me in this league is that when people are talking after a game day I dont know what team belongs to that person. That is a big reason you dont see many messages from me.

Last edited by SegRat : 01-23-2009 at 12:31 AM.
SegRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #25
TheMeat
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
Add me to the list of people that figured there was a logical reason we didnt sim yesterday. I wasnt going to bother Ben for one missed day.

One thing that is hard for me in this league is that when people are talking after a game day I dont know what team belongs to that person. That is a big reason you dont see many messages from me.

You know, I've been meaning to add my team to my sig as I have had to click around a few times to figure out who was who. I will right after this msg, good idea SegRat.

I was also thinking that maybe because the league is only in it's second year people haven't bonded with their team yet. I love the team I inherited, it looks great with some young talent in key spots, but I've only drafted two players. I want to move the team (is that allowed?) and am just getting a hang of the roster, and I'll most likely post more in the future, I used to be a message board junkie back in the days of Everquest
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:33 AM   #26
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
Putting that info back in the gameday post.