Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
Tasan
College Starter

New Owner

Hi again everyone.

We have a new owner. Everyone please welcome RainRaven as the new owner of the Cleveland Browns!

Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

welcome to one of the toughest divisions in the league!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Sef0r
n00b

Welcome and please give this format at least 2 seasons, you may like it as much as we do.
Sef0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
RainRaven
High School JV

Thanks guys. I hope to make the team competitive as quickly as possible. I just loaded in the files and will be able to look at the team in depth first thing in the morning. At first glance Tasan wasn't joking when he said there was plenty of work to be done!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

RainRaven is a FOBL guy from way back, so he should be just fine with all of our Byzantine rules.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:00 AM   #6
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Wow, so now we have a full division? Not that adding a new owner is bad, but.. damn.. Having to play 6 very meaningful games against division opponents every year who are all human controlled versus being one of the lucky ones who gets 5 or 6 free wins a year seems kind of lame.

I'm not complaining, I love a challenge, but maybe some thought can be given to this when adding new owners in the future?

To RainRaven, welcome to the league.. I would certainly much rather have you here and participating than not, so the statement above is in no way related to how I feel about you personally. Just pointing out the advantage this creates for other teams in the AFC as well as teams in the NFC that do not have to play our division.

EDIT - My points above are kind of moot now after checking the division layout we currently have. It looks like we have 8 humans in either conference, one full division in each, one empty division in each, and two divisions each with 2 human owners in both conferences.

Apparently, then, there is more parity as far as ownership goes than I thought there was. Don't know if it is just coincidence, but it works, IMO.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 07-31-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:38 AM   #7
TheMeat
n00b

I kinda agree that new owners should be made aware that taking a team in an empty division should make the rebuilding process easier. I love the challenge and not really complaining about another owner, because that just means more competition for QS and Julio as well but new owners may not know what they're getting into, this guy being a FoF vet should be fine.

Welcome RR, it's always good to see a new owner and I hope you like the league as much as I do.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Welcome aboard!