Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2016, 11:07 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

[TEW 16] IWC: Where the Drug War meets the Territory War

Let's get the background info out of the way ..

I have yet to play TEW 16, but I am jumping right into this dynasty while other mod's get fine tuned. This should allow for me to learn the ins and outs the newest version of the game.

This dynasty is running off of the imported DOTT mod that BYU12 is also using for his dynasty. It seems stable enough, so we'll see what happens when I get my hands on it.

As far as the guts of this game, I am actually doing something I have never done in any TEW game before, and that is starting a company from scratch.

The company I am started will be called the Imported Wrestling Council and it will be based out of the Southwest. We will have 0 popularity and 50k in the bank when the game begins. As you will see from the backstory I am going to provide, I will have some room to add money if it seems like things are going off the rails but I think we'll be fine.

So I guess we'll see what happens.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-14-2016 at 11:12 PM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:20 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

[An apartment, somewhere in Arizona. A phone rings]

"Yo, this is Cecil!"

[Cecil listens]

"Hold up. What? Wrasslin'? What the hell do you mean you want a wrasslin' company?"

[Cecil listens; this time he holds much longer than last time]

"You saw a match in Puerto Rico when you were on business, and now I gotta' start a company in the South West? That don't make no sense Pablo!"

[Cecil listens; this time the hold is brief]

"Right, right. No names. Sorry boss. Alright, well I guess I'll get this figured out. You ain't lyin' that this is a great legitimate business to get into. Well hell, if you want this thing going next week, I need to go find some wrasslers. Later boss."

[The call ends; Cecil is bewildered]

"Where the hell do I find these guys?"
Old 05-15-2016, 09:33 AM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Nice a 0/0/0 dynasty. Finances can be a bit more unforgiving in this version, so this will be a challenge for you. Will be following, good luck!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:03 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Putting together a roster within the budget set forth by Pablo proved annoying, but doable. Unfortunately we don't have a deep bench, but these guys will do what is needed to get us bigger (or so I hope)

Main Eventers

Art Crews (27 y/o, $400) - Crews will split time between IWC and PNW. He isn't great, but he isn't bad either. He has E- popularity in the Southwest, which is good for us. Sadly. Working as a heel to begin his tenure in the IWC.

Gary Royal (35 y/o, $570) - Royal is going to fit in with our in ring style better than Crews, but he is actually less over in the Southwest (F+). Like Crews, he will be working as a heel for us.

Terry Orndorff (24 y/o, $610) - The brother of Paul, Terry is the top face in the company. He is a solid hand in the ring, and has about as good as popularity as we can find at this time (F+).

Upper Midcard

Al Perez (22 y/o, $290) - Al is a rookie who we will be sharing with SWCW. He little populariy (F) but he will be a guy we look to build around as our lead heel of the future.

Don Diamond (27 y/o, $390) - Diamond isn't a great hand but he may be the best entertainer in the company. He will be counted on as a face that the heel's can get over with. Pretty much new to the Southwest (F).

Rick McCord (23 y/o, $450) - McCord is not as regarded as Perez, but he has some potential down the road. He will be groomed for the role as top face in the company, but I have no idea if he can handle it.

Midcard

Audie Hager (28 y/o, $460) - Hager is a pretty non-descript babyface. A solid hand with limited upside and no popularity (F).

Ricky Starr (24 y/o, $270) - Starr is another boring babyface. He is actually our least known quantity in our home region (F-). He will be fodder for the heels.

Tony Peters (29 y/o, $250) - See Starr, but change babyface to heel.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

IWC: On the Run
Saturday, Week 3, January 1983
Generic Venue (I wish this was just a cool sounding club) - Attendance: 7

Before the show begins we have incidents galore. Assholes.

- Audie Hager is being a total selfish dick backstage. He will be fined and destroyed as a result. There is now simmering tension between us.

- Art Crews is picking on our referee. I mean, he's only a ref, and we hate authority, but he is also the only ref I can afford so I have to give Art a stern warning. We seem cool now.

- Al Perez no showed a meeting with his road agent. In fairness to Al, I am not sure we have a road agent, so I give him a slap on the wrist. We're good.

- This mythical road agent is a real dick. Apparently Terry Orndorff no showed his meeting with this asshole too. Another slap on the wrist and we move on.

Onto the show!

- Our beloved promoter Cecil Cope first ushers all seven people to the hard camera side (there are no cameras) and announces that over the next few shows two contenders will emerge to face off for the IWC World Title. Cope points to Art Crews, Terry Orndorff and Gary Royal as potential candidates for this honor (E+)

- In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Al Perez defeated Ricky Starr in 11:27 by pinfall with a Piledriver (F+)

- In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Terry Orndorff defeated Audie Hager in 7:55 by pinfall (E-)

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Art Crews defeated Rick McCord in 16:13 by pinfall (F+)

Show Rating: F+

This increases our popularity, so there is that.

I need more matches that focus on storytelling, so that is good to know for next time.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- January ends with us losing almost 15k. Our fearless promoter was clearly high when shelled out so much money for production costs, which made up over half the debt. That has been rectified for the next show. Another expense we no longer have worry is about is the drug test we gave out. Whoops there.

- Making our away around the industry, the big news right now is that Georgia Championship Wrestling has risen to Cult size and is currently the #1 promotion in the World. GCW also appointed Tommy Rich as the figurehead of the company.

- Mid Atlantic also rose to Cult size in January.

- Surprisingly Skandar Akbar was released from WCCW.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:26 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
-

- Surprisingly Skandar Akbar was released from WCCW.

I think Adam programmed my booking into the game, I always fire him right away when I play WCCW
Old 05-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

IWC: On the Run
Saturday, Week 3, February 1983
Generic Venue - Attendance: 9

Before the show we have two incidents:

- Al Perez, fresh off being fired from SWCW, makes fun of Audie Hager. I hate Audie but I have to give Al a slap on the wrist. This backfires as both guys feel the punishment was bullshit for differing reasons.

- Art Crews missed his meeting with that dumb ass road agent I don't have so I slap him on the wrist. Nothing more to be said there.

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Gary Royal defeated Ricky Starr in 8:28 by submission with a Royal Hold (E-)

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Art Crews defeated Don Diamond in 12:09 by pinfall (E)

Cecil Cope gets the crowd of 9 excited by announcing a main event of Terry Orndroff vs Al Perez (E)

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Terry Orndorff defeated Al Perez in 15:08 by pinfall (E)

Show Rating: E -

PROGRESS!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- We lost $6,692 this month. I am going to have to get creative to improve quicker. Patience isn't a virtue.

- SWCW enters hostile relationships with literally everyone with a pulse in the US.

- Despite GCW's momentum, Ole Anderson is under the gun for his biased booking.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

IWC: 1983 in Review

I made a realization that recapping shows with three singles matches every card and limited storylines was going to be boring, so until I am able to run weekly (if it happens), I am going to do year in reviews instead.

- We finish the year $-550 in the hole. In all honesty, this was very bad. All of my skills are tied up in negotiations so I am getting good rates on workers. As the year wore on I started adding more names to the roster, such as Barry Darsow, Bugsy McGraw, Roberto Soto and Ice Man King Parsons. The increase in quality was immediately felt as match quality went up across the board.

- Roberto Soto became the first IWC World Champion after beating Terry Orndorff in a street fight (D-).

- Soto's title reign would see him have two successful title defenses, before he lost the title to Iceman King Parsons (D).

- Iceman King Parsons was easily our best worker, and the five months we had him were great. Unfortunately he signed a written contract with AWA in December and I didn't have the ability to book a show in the seven day window given to me so the title is vacant heading into 1984.

- Our popularity in the Southwest is an F (5.8%) which is quite nice when you consider I started at 0. As a result of the bump up to an F from an F -, our sponsorship money continues to tick up. We're currently losing just under $2000 a month, so by mid year I am thinking that we will start making a profit. As soon as that happens, I am going to start running a second show every month to expedite the popularity boost.

- With the money I was paying Parsons off the books, I am going to look for another big face to hire as my marquee worker.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:36 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

1983 Year End Awards

Wrestler of the Year: Terry Funk
Tag Team of the Year: Ric Flair & Abdullah the Butcher
Young Wrestler of the Year: Akira Maeda
Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Wahoo McDaniel
Female Wrestler of the Year: Devil Masami
Independent Wrestler of the Year: Lars Anderson
Company of the Year: AJPW
Most Improved Company of the Year: CWA
Match of the Year: Bruiser Brody d. Terry Funk (A*)
Card of the Year: AJPW Champion Carnival (A)
Manager of the Year: Paul Ellering
Announcer of the Year: Gordon Solie
Color Commentator of the Year: The Grand Wizard
Referee of the Year: Max Ward

Power 500 Top 10

1. Terry Funk
2. Riki Choshu
3. Andre the Giant
4. Jumbo Tsuruta
5. Stan Hansen
6. Tatsumi Fujinami
7. Dusty Rhodes
8. Wahoo McDaniel
9. Genichiro Tenryu
10. Ricky Morton

Top 10 Most Popular (Worldwide)

1. Andre the Giant (B+)
2. Harley Race (C+)
3. Billy Graham (C)
4. Ric Flair (C-)
5. Jack Brisco (C-)
6. Terry Funk (C-)
7. Bob Backlund (C-)
8. Bruiser Brody (D+)
9. Nick Bockwinkel (D+)
10. Stan Hansen (D+)
Old 05-26-2016, 08:17 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Not sure how many people are actually reading this, but if you're lurking and would like to know specifics about what is happening in the game world, please let me know.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:54 AM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

reading, to see how it plays out, not sure that I'm engaged enough mentally (on my end, not your fault) to have questions off hand. These are generally entertaining for me honestly, though I do tend to binge read them to get bursts of info.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:33 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

July proved utterly heartbreaking as we had turned our first profit, but we were still left $1000 in the red. Unfortunately that caused us to go bankrupt. Being that close, I decided to say fuck it it and start a new company with the same exact popularity and everything. I hired the same roster, and then edited my cash back to -1000 so I can proceed forward. Once I finish this year out, I should be in a good spot to get more detailed with my shows and such.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Damn, this version seems really harsh on new companies, that sucks. Good luck on the restart.