Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #551
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The Boy Scouts made the change a few years back that on any outing, there has to be at least two adults at all times, never any one-on-one time is allowed.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #552
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
You have to. Predators count on their ability to talk their way out of situations to continue to molest. You can"t take a chance.

You take a chance when you let your kid out of the house. It's just a matter of where you draw the line. School and sports alone are risky.

Last edited by molson : 11-10-2011 at 09:09 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #553
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Am I missing something where there's ambiguity regarding what Paterno knew? From the indictment:

Quote:
He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky.

Quote:
The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home, where he reported what he had seen.

That seems pretty clear cut to me.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #555
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Am I missing something where there's ambiguity regarding what Paterno knew? From the indictment:

I think some of the other statements suggested McQ may not have described everything to Paterno. But further up in the page is the quote that he at least described "things of a sexual nature" to Paterno.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #556
molson
General Manager

Quote:

that sounds like a summary rather than actual testimony. Certainly paterno's testimony indicated more ambiguity. I don't know how directly the assistant was questioned on that, it wasn't really relevant to the criminal angle.

Last edited by molson : 11-10-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #558
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think some of the other statements suggested McQ may not have described everything to Paterno. But further up in the page is the quote that he at least described "things of a sexual nature" to Paterno.

The only "things of a sexual nature" statement I see is referring to what Paterno told Curley, not what McQueary told Paterno.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #559
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The only "things of a sexual nature" statement I see is referring to what Paterno told Curley, not what McQueary told Paterno.

Not sure I follow ... Paterno is relaying what McQueary told him to Curley, correct?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #560
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sure I follow ... Paterno is relaying what McQueary told him to Curley, correct?

That's not how I read the document. It says McQueary reported to Paterno what he saw (anal intercourse), then Paterno told Curley that a grad assistant had seen Sandusky in the showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #561
molson
General Manager

Quote:
That's not how I read the document. It says McQueary reported to Paterno what he saw (anal intercourse),.

Paterno didn't say that. Did mcqueary? You have to be careful when its not a transcript, but a summary created by humans with varying writing skills.

Last edited by molson : 11-10-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #562
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
The church I attend requires members to do nursery duty once a quarter. There are different legal papers signed by men and women. The papers men have to sign indicate that we will not take part in things like changing diapers or taking older kids to the bathroom specifically to remove any chance of anything appropriate happening. It's understood and none of us complain about it at all.
Similar story here, with the exception of it being a requirement. We have a crew of volunteers. All who volunteer are required to undergo a criminal background check, and men can only volunteer with their wives, and we're not allowed to change diapers or take kids to the bathroom (other than our own, of course.) It's a pretty sweet deal, actually. "Honey, got a stinky one over here. I'd be willing to help you out, BUT I CAN'T!!! I'll play peek-a-boo while you change the diaper."
Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #563
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Paterno didn't say that. Did mcqueary? You have to be careful when its not a transcript, but a summary created by humans with varying writing skills.

Sounded like Mcqueary said it that way and JoePa re-worded it when he reported it.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #564
spleen1015
Coordinator

OT - I think it is jacked up that your churches won't let men change diapers. I don't really care but it is 2011. Men can change diapers and women can molest kids too.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #565
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Of course. It could be written wrong, but it says that McQueary reported to Paterno "what he had seen", and they explained what he had seen earlier. Sure, it's humans with varying writing skills, but they're aware of how parsed the document is going to be, right?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #566
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
You take a chance when you let your kid out of the house. It's just a matter of where you draw the line. School and sports alone are risky.

Ummmmmmmmm....what? I was saying you can't take a chance on not reporting something. What does your statement have to do with that?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #567
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
OT - I think it is jacked up that your churches won't let men change diapers. I don't really care but it is 2011. Men can change diapers and women can molest kids too.
I think you're missing the point here. It's not that men can't change diapers. It's that men are by far more likely to be molest than women. The churches are just protecting kids and themselves. (I just did a quick Google search, and it appears that this policy is now fairly common, if not prevalent.)
Old 11-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #568
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I think you're missing the point here. It's not that men can't change diapers. It's that men are by far more likely to be molest than women. The churches are just protecting kids and themselves. (I just did a quick Google search, and it appears that this policy is now fairly common, if not prevalent.)

I get the point. I just think it is silly.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #569
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Re: policies against men changing diapers:

You also have to think in terms of a blanket ban being easier to enforce (and carrying much less judgment) than a specific ban.

If no guys can change diapers or take kids to the bathroom alone, then it is just "a silly rule."

It is much more awkward to have everyone be "well, Bob can't change diapers, because he kind of creeps us out, even if we can't quite articulate why."

Also, a blanket rule like that allows people to get kicked out of the nursery BEFORE something happens. "Sorry, Bob. I know that you meant well, but you can't have nursery duty anymore. Our insurance won't let us keep people in the nursery who violate the no-diapers rule. Nothing personal."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #570
SteveMax58
College Starter

Wow...I had not been following this story at all beyond the 10 second snippets I'd see in passing on various news reports.

Sickening.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #571
corbes
College Benchwarmer

I'm sure some people here grew up reading Clair Bee. I have a hard time imagining that Chip Hilton wouldn't have intervened to stop a sexual assault against a child from occurring, no matter who the perpetrator was. And I have a hard time imagining that Henry Rockwell would have told Chip to take his story to the AD, and then we'll just let that process unfold--in the meantime, everything's A-OK.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #572
Shepp
High School Varsity

I just took the time to read the Grand Jury report on this and I'm really having a hard time seeing why there is such outrage against Joe Paterno and Mike McQueary.

Unless I'm missing something the chain of events is this:
1. McQueary sees Sandusky perform the sexual act on the boy in the shower.
2. McQueary reports this to Paterno.
3. Paterno reports what McQueary had told him to AD Curley and VP Schultz.
4. Curley and Shults meet with McQueary.
5. Curley and Shultz ban Sandusky from the campus and issue is dropped.
6. Everyone testifies at the Grand Jury and Curley and Shultz claim they didn't know the exetent of the sexual assault.
7. Curley and Shultz are arrested for false statements aong with Sandusky who raped the child.

Something else that the Grand Jury report said that I noticed is that Shultz oversaw the campus police department. I'm geussing that Paterno and McQueary figured telling him was as good as reporting it to the police.

Once again I understand the outrage against Sundusky. I can also see the anger with Curley and Shultz but with some of the things I've seen written here you'd think Paterno and McQueary were molsting children too.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #573
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
There's no ambiguity. There's just people like Jon who think ignoring anal rape of children is okay as long as the football program is protected.

We all know that Jon doesn't believe anything unless he sees it for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #574
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I just took the time to read the Grand Jury report on this and I'm really having a hard time seeing why there is such outrage against Joe Paterno and Mike McQueary.

6. Everyone testifies at the Grand Jury and Curley and Shultz claim they didn't know the exetent of the sexual assault.
7. Curley and Shultz are arrested for false statements aong with Sandusky who raped the child.

Something else that the Grand Jury report said that I noticed is that Shultz oversaw the campus police department. I'm geussing that Paterno and McQueary figured telling him was as good as reporting it to the police.

Once again I understand the outrage against Sundusky. I can also see the anger with Curley and Shultz but with some of the things I've seen written here you'd think Paterno and McQueary were molsting children too.

Read the rest of this thread and you will gain more insight into why Paterno is such a piece of shit. Did he do what he needed to do legally? Probably. Did he do what he needed to do morally. No fucking way. Sometimes, there are things more important than just following man-made laws and washing your hands of a situation. This was one of those times.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #575
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

1. McQueary sees Sandusky perform the sexual act on Paterno's grandkid in the shower.

I added the bolded. If that was the case, do you think Paterno would have handled anything differently than he did?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #576
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Did he do what he needed to do legally? Probably. Did he do what he needed to do morally. No fucking way. Sometimes, there are things more important than just following man-made laws and washing your hands of a situation. This was one of those times.

I guess that is where my confusion is coming from. I've been a cop for ten years and my experience has been that if a witness is willing to get involved at all, they have gone above an beyond. About the only way I can see this event turning out better, aside from Curley and Shultz not covering it up, would be if McQueary had called the police right then and there and Sandusky was caught with the boy, if not during the actual assault. The fact that he didn't do this doesn't really shock me though, because the typical human response is; I don't want to get involved unless I ablsolutely have to. Your moral responsibilty argument is great I just hardly ever see it happen.

Last edited by Shepp : 11-10-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #577
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

We all have different reactions to difficult situations. Others in this thread have already said most wouldn't do this.

But I feel pretty secure that if I saw someone, ANYONE, raping a ten year old boy I would call the police.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 11-10-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #578
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
We all have different reactions to difficult situations. Others in this thread have already said most wouldn't do this.

But I feel pretty secure that if I saw someone, ANYONE, raping a ten year old boy I would call the police.

Thats great, and its also the right thing to do. Its also the exception rather than the rule. I've worked murder cases where we had to threaten witnesses with prosecution just to show up in court so I've kind of given up on people just doing the right thing just because they should.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #579
Passacaglia
Coordinator

How horrible for that kid, too -- to see that an adult saw this, and that maybe it will end, then watch that adult take off.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #580
dfisher
High School JV

Quote:

Shultz is in charge of the campus police, which would be the equivalent to letting the State College police commissioner know. The Penn State campus police has all the rights of a municipal police force and are really the University Park police.
dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #581
gkb
High School Varsity

Paterno is not a victim. I've again been surprised today by people being upset about not only Joe being fired, but by how he was fired - over the phone. They literally could have spray painted it on one of his cars and I would've been, "Hmm, better than he deserved."

Picture this - for years after Joe was told, at the very least, that Jerry was seen in a shower late at night with a 10 year old boy - Joe and Jerry hanging out at practice together. Maybe grabbing a bite to eat in the cafeteria once practice was over. "Hey Jerry, how's it going? How's the wife? Kids?"

Paul Posluszny was on Mike and Mike this morning saying how in 2004 and for Sandusky was still very much around. And that the players were encouraged, if they wanted to help out, to do so by volunteering for the Second Mile program.

How about McQueary who, by his own Grand Jury testimony says he say Sandusky raping a 10 year old boy. He didn't hear about it from someone else he saw that little boy being anally raped by this old man. McQueary is at those practices as well and he's seeing Sandusky day in and day out.

Paterno is not a victim.

Last edited by gkb : 11-10-2011 at 11:49 AM.
gkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #582
Izulde
Head Coach

Mike McQueary Will Coach For Penn State This Weekend Against Nebraska | SI Tracking Blog – Tracking the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter

Seriously? Paterno gets fired after notifying his superiors, including the head of Penn State's university police, and the guy who is exponentially more culpable than anyone but Sandusky, is allowed on the sidelines?

Now *this* is absurd.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #583
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Mike McQueary Will Coach For Penn State This Weekend Against Nebraska | SI Tracking Blog – Tracking the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter

Seriously? Paterno gets fired after notifying his superiors, including the head of Penn State's university police, and the guy who is exponentially more culpable than anyone but Sandusky, is allowed on the sidelines?

Now *this* is absurd.

McQueary should be fired too, I am surprised that he hasn't yet.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #584
timmynausea
College Starter

The Onion opts for scathing instead of funny:

Sports Media Asks Molestation Victims What This Means For Joe Paterno's Legacy | The Onion Sports Network

Edit: It's probably impossible to make anything about this funny, of course.

Last edited by timmynausea : 11-10-2011 at 11:58 AM.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #585
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

Now *this* is absurd.

Lawyer buddy of mine speculates that there may be some kind of whistleblower-type law involved here.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #586
Ben E Lou

McQueary now being investigated?

An Aspiring Coach in the Middle of a Scandal - NYTimes.com

Quote:
“It’s not that he’s not willing,” John J. McQueary, his father, said about his son’s public silence. “I think it’s eating him up not to be able to tell his side, but he’s under investigation by the grand jury. He’ll make it. He’s a tough kid.”
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #587
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Lawyer buddy of mine speculates that there may be some kind of whistleblower-type law involved here.

Possible.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #588
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I've worked murder cases where we had to threaten witnesses with prosecution just to show up in court so I've kind of given up on people just doing the right thing just because they should.

Honestly, I understand these people infinitely more. Was Sandusky going to put a hit out on McQueary? I mean, I guess I understand the potential for his career at PSU to be in jeopardy but that is far different from fearing for your life if you testify.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #589
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Even more probable that he might get charged as well.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #590
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

1. McQueary sees Sandusky perform the sexual act on the boy in the shower in 2002.
3. Paterno reports what McQueary had told him to AD Curley and not VP Schultz, two days after the incident occurred.
5. Curley and Shultz ban Sandusky from bringing kids on the campus, take his locker room keys, the issue is dropped, and he is allowed to keep his office on campus and use team facilities, as recently as last week.
6. Everyone testifies at the Grand Jury and Curley and Shultz claim they didn't know the exetent of the sexual assault, in 2010.
7. Sandusky still on campus, and using team facilities, in November of 2011.
8. Curley and Shultz are arrested for false statements along with Sandusky who raped the child.

Bolded a couple key points that you were missing, and added some that may help you better understand some of the outrage. Key among them that no, Sandusky was never kicked off campus. He was barred from bringing anymore kids on campus. He himself was still kicking it on campus, and using the team weight room (that he may have shared with minor students), for years after the 1998 incident, and months after everybody in the administration had given sworn testimony at a then ongoing grand jury investigation into whether he brutally raped multiple children on the Penn State grounds.

Quote:

Schulz was the VP of Business and Finance for PSU, and as such his office oversaw the the financial and business end of the University Police Department. Dude was not part of the chain of command, and not a member of the police department. Schulz was also never contacted by Paterno as far as I can tell by recent reports. Paterno only contacted his AD Curley, two days after the incident occurred, who then talked to McQueary with Schulz.

As I said in earlier post, Penn State players were attributed with 138 documented criminal reports in just the 6 years between 2002-2008. It seems safe to say that Joe Patrno should have been intimately familiar with just what constitutes a criminal complaint, the mechanics of an ensuing investigation, how no such thing came close to happening, and how talking to the AD or VP in their offices is not equatable to making a police report, which by necessity involves a verifiable physical record and investigation.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-10-2011 at 01:04 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #591
Tigercat
College Starter

Here is my problem with assuming it is right to totally cast McQueary aside or assume the worst in him. He might have just freaked the fuck out. And I don't think that would have been that unusual of a reaction. All of us would like to think, and maybe we are correct, that in that position as a young man/woman we would have burst into the shower, punched Sandusky in the face, and dragged that kid away.

But maybe McQueary saw the sexual act being committed by an important man around his workplace, a man he thought he knew to be a great man when it comes to children, and he just freaked out. Not to mention what a traumatic scene it must have been to see that kind of cruel and obscene act.

He certainly didn't do the "right" thing, not by a long shot. But if the scene did cause a severe stress moment or trauma, one can understand why he acted the way he did, and why later he went to a man he trusted to try and make this right and provide stability.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #592
Autumn
Head Coach

If the school doesn't oust McQueary I have to wonder if there's more to his story. Did he pursue the issue and get rebuffed or lied to by the administration? That's one reason I could imagine they wouldn't be willing to fire him, knowing that he actually did the right thing and they didn't.

Or it may just be because he's under investigation still. The guys being charged with perjury haven't been fired either, right?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #593
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
The guys being charged with perjury haven't been fired either, right?

No, they resigned.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #594
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
Here is my problem with assuming it is right to totally cast McQueary aside or assume the worst in him. He might have just freaked the fuck out. And I don't think that would have been that unusual of a reaction. All of us would like to think, and maybe we are correct, that in that position as a young man/woman we would have burst into the shower, punched Sandusky in the face, and dragged that kid away.

But maybe McQueary saw the sexual act being committed by an important man around his workplace, a man he thought he knew to be a great man when it comes to children, and he just freaked out. Not to mention what a traumatic scene it must have been to see that kind of cruel and obscene act.

He certainly didn't do the "right" thing, not by a long shot. But if the scene did cause a severe stress moment or trauma, one can understand why he acted the way he did, and why later he went to a man he trusted to try and make this right and provide stability.

I've had similar thoughts. This is gonna sound glib, but the entire culture of college football is based around old men grooming young men in how to respond to some generic flavor of 'adversity' ....which is not to imply it's inherently evil or based in the dark pedo arts or anything, just that dedicating your life towards playing and coaching football at it's penultimate level may result in 'ASK COACH' being your (practically programmed) response to pretty much any kind of trouble or trauma, especially if it involves the program.

None of which is meant to be an excuse for McQueary's actions.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #595
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
None of which is meant to be an excuse for McQueary's actions.

Nope. But if it is what happened, his dad should feel some serious blame over whatever happens to his son. (Not to mention future victims after the incident.) The son making poor choices after witnessing a traumatic event is one thing, but the father should have heard what the son said over the phone and told him, "go to Coach AND the cops."
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #596
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Nope. But if it is what happened, his dad should feel some serious blame over whatever happens to his son. (Not to mention future victims after the incident.) The son making poor choices after witnessing a traumatic event is one thing, but the father should have heard what the son said over the phone and told him, "go to Coach AND the cops."

Right, the father's reaction is a clear example of watching out for his son's career, not the kid.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #597
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

The inherent problem here is that McQueary was a 28 year old adult former football player. I get the "freaking out" argument, and I guess we all react in different ways, but my version of freaking out in that situation would be to beat Sandusky to a fucking pulp rather than call my dad and leave the scene of the crime doing nothing about it.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #598
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Ok, so on Saturday Penn State can take the field, have the band play, have the mascot run around & everybody can act like everything is all ok because they threw Joe Paterno out on his ass. You remember Paterno, right? He was the coach who personally condoned the rape of children!

It's funny that everybody that seems to have any opinion is 100% against Paterno. Yet when you look at the ESPN poll only 54% (currently) say he should have been fired.

Nebraska at Penn State just became more of a circus than it would have been with Paterno coaching. I feel bad for everybody who has to take that field & represent Penn State University.

All around it's just a sick & sad story.

I do not think that word means what you think it does...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #599
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Bolded a couple key points that you were missing, and added some that may help you better understand some of the outrage. Key among them that no, Sandusky was never kicked off campus. He was barred from bringing anymore kids on campus. He himself was still kicking it on campus, and using the team weight room (that he may have shared with minor students), months after everybody in the administration had given sworn testimony at a then ongoing grand jury investigation into whether he brutally raped multiple children on the Penn State grounds.

He was still bringing kids on campus. There are reports of him taking kids as late as 2007 to Penn State practices. He was a fixture on campus, at games, and at bowls. The school even paid for him to take some of his victims to these bowl games.

Serious question for those defending Joe Paterno. A trusted employee comes to your home and tells you he saw a former employee who had previous allegations against him raping a 10 year old child. Do you honestly just push it up the chain and not pursue this? Do you honestly just ignore this when you see the predator around with kids again? I want to know if this is the way you would personally react to hearing something like this.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #600
cartman
Death Herald

Has anyone heard from Dr. Sak? He is probably the biggest PSU fan on the board.