Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
Capital
High School Varsity

Anyone having trouble receiving pics through texting - android, AT&T

My wife and I have Galaxy s7 phones on AT&T and about a month ago we are sometimes having problems receiving photos through texting. We are using the standard texting app and it just has a grey box with a failed ! next to it.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have to figure that it can't be just us but I don't see a lot of issues on the internet.

Any help would be appreciated as this is a smart group. Thanks

Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Probably a different issue but fwiw ... had that sort of thing happen twice in the past week or so. Same configuration & carrier as you. Both times I happened to be on mobile,rather than home wi-fi. Once the image arrived once I connected to wi-fi, the other never did arrive.

I'm nowhere near data limits or anything so that wasn't it.

But next time it happens, seems at least worth trying to connect to wi-fi and seem if it pops in (if you're on mobile network at the time I mean)
Old 11-14-2016, 08:49 PM   #3
MikeVic
Head Coach

This won't necessarily help your exact problem, but just an overall general thing.

I've noticed on my current Canadian carrier, picture texts (MMS) are very flaky. Some friends noticed this with their cell phone carriers too, and when you call their support line, they do something and you all of a sudden sometimes get a flood of picture texts that were missing.

I know at the time I did some general searching online and people seemed to say that MMS and SMS are both just shitty. I've been using either WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger since then and it's been fine.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:38 PM   #4
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Clear your cache under setting/storage. Sometimes updates screw with the phones. Option B try a hard reset. Google on how to do it as each phone is a bit different. Most of the time it is volume down/power for about 5-10 seconds and choose the first option "normal reboot". Kind of like powering a computer down for 40 plus seconds and allow all the updates to program correctly.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:00 PM   #5
Capital
High School Varsity

I will try both - especially the clearing of the cache. This did seem to start the last time AT&T sent through a major upgrade. Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:13 AM   #6
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
I will try both - especially the clearing of the cache. This did seem to start the last time AT&T sent through a major upgrade. Thanks for the replies.

If these dont work under Settings/Backup&Reset try the Network settings reset option. Id probably bump that option to #1 actually. Good Luck!

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-15-2016 at 12:13 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:31 AM   #7
SackAttack
Head Coach

my picture texts are fine, but my Chrome doesn't always want to display what I'm typing.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #8
Capital
High School Varsity

Thanks all - I did try clearing the cache and powered completely off and still saw the problem. So, I went looking for alternatives - such as Hangouts, which I only found ok.

Then, I found Google Messenger, which has good reviews and has been recently updated. Turns out, I like it, at least so far. It's fast and I was able to txt 7 pictures quickly and without issue. I would recommend it.

Thanks again for the ideas.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:39 PM   #9
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
How to fudge a chat history
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote