Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2016, 07:15 PM   #1
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Printer Help

So I recently upgraded my router because the previous one was old and was starting to drop signal and decrease in range.

Anyways on the network I have a couple of computers and a printer, all connected via wifi. After cycling the modem and getting the router set up I've had no difficulties connecting the computers, or the printer to the network. However I can't print.

I can access the printer through the web using its ip address and I can ping it from the computers. But when I try and use the printer utilities or connect to it from the printer menu, the computer can't find the printer.

I'm on a mac if that makes a difference but this is really starting to tick me off and I'm not sure what my next step should be.

I've also tried cycling the power on everything involved, updating drivers and firmware.

nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
So I recently upgraded my router because the previous one was old and was starting to drop signal and decrease in range.

Anyways on the network I have a couple of computers and a printer, all connected via wifi. After cycling the modem and getting the router set up I've had no difficulties connecting the computers, or the printer to the network. However I can't print.

I can access the printer through the web using its ip address and I can ping it from the computers. But when I try and use the printer utilities or connect to it from the printer menu, the computer can't find the printer.

I'm on a mac if that makes a difference but this is really starting to tick me off and I'm not sure what my next step should be.

I've also tried cycling the power on everything involved, updating drivers and firmware.

What kind of printer is it? HP by any chance? My cousin seems to have the same problem at home and at his office. His scanner and printer just stop syncing up with his computer in both places on a monthly, sometimes weekly basis. What I do is completely uninstall the software/drivers, and redownload/install the software package/drivers from brand's website. It really is annoying, but seems to be the only short term fix.
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #3
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

It's a brother printer, which I was able to set up in 15 min the first time around. I managed to get it working by setting it to a static ip. Not sure why that worked but I'm sure it's something stupid that I overlooked.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote