Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2016, 02:14 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

What's on your gaming list this holiday season..

I was writing up an article for an8bitmind, when I realized just how many games I have to get to, and that number is growing. I'm not talking about the Steam Backlog we all have either, I'm talking new releases, even in Sports Sims (Basketball and Football from Wolverine Studios, the new FOF this week, and of course, FM and Motorsport Manager).

Throw in Civilization VI (which I've hesitated to dive into for fear I wouldn't come out), and raiding/dungeons with my online friends in WoW.. the list grows and grows and seems to devour every free moment I could possibly have, there's never enough time. So, what's on your gaming list this holiday season? (Not talking about what are you looking to BUY, but looking to PLAY)..

https://www.an8bitmind.com/index.php...games-to-play/

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
SackAttack
Head Coach

Replaying the Mass Effect trilogy on xbox one, Skyrim on PS4. That'll keep me busy.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
Icy
Pro Starter

On consoles really to addicted to Battlefield 1, looking into playing more NHL, NBA2K and FIFA.

In PC already playing Motorsport manager, DDSPB and FM17 and looking to buy FOF and CIV VI.

Could expend a whole month not going out of home... if I didn't have two kids a wife and a job.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #4
djsatu
High School Varsity

Looking forward to Final Fantasy 15. Black Friday sales for Skyrim, NHL 17, NBA 2k17 among others. Just got Wasteland 2 for ps4 and loving it so far. FOF 8 this week. Waiting for Football manager to go on sale. Best time of year for games!
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

FOF 8 and Motorsport Manager over here.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #6
mckerney
Coordinator

I just picked up Titanfall 2 with the "Pre-Black Friday Sale" on Origin.

For what I'm playing now I'm nearing the end of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and I think I'll be playing Divinity Original Sin for my next RPG.

And as mentioned in the Black Friday thread I'm picking up an XBox One Dawn Shadow controller.

Last edited by mckerney : 11-21-2016 at 03:44 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #7
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I just bought the Battefield 1 Deluxe / Titanfall 2 Deluxe combo on the MS pre-black friday sale for $75, not bad for two new AAA titles. Will be spending time with them, FOF8, and I'll probably give in to the Motrosport Manager if people keep posting about it.

Things I have been playing that will get reduced time will be Civ VI and Pillars of Eternity.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #8
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Things I have been playing that will get reduced time will be Civ VI and Pillars of Eternity.

I'll probably try to fit a playthrough of either Civ VI or XCOM 2 in before the year is out. Those are two games I enjoyed what I played of but feel like I haven't gotten deep enough into yet.

Forgot that I also got Hitman on Steam in the current sale, the tutorial missions were great so I'll be spending more time with that soon.

And for mutliplayer it will likely be more Overwatch if my friends have time for it around the holidays.

Last edited by mckerney : 11-21-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:32 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The hitman elusive target missions were kinda interesting to me, as a way to keep you interested in the game and how it changed.

"Here's your target. you have seven days to kill him. Oh, if you fail, and get caught? You don't get a second chance".

Really brings tension and suspense into it, and encourages the community to stay active in discussing how to get to the target and to escape.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:02 AM   #10
bhlloy
Coordinator

Currently playing FM, Tyranny and the odd career game in NBA 2k

Backlog is probably Dishonored 2, Motorsport Manager and then I'll kick the tyres on FOF or BBCF depending on how the reviews look

Played a couple of Civ games through and put it down, the AI just doesn't make it a remotely challenging or enjoyable game at this point
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:06 AM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

Playing Tyranny, FIFA 17 and DDS College Football right now.

Divinity Original Sin 2 is on my list as well as Dishonored 2, Total War: Warhammer and the XCom 2 new DLC resistance warriors, which means I will be adding to my 300 hours logged on this game.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #12
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Forgot that I also got Hitman on Steam in the current sale, the tutorial missions were great so I'll be spending more time with that soon.

I've been playing through Hitman this week, if you liked the tutorial mission you're in for a treat with the first two episodes. Paris and the Italian seaside town (cant remember the name) are really well done. I've got as far as episode 5 (Colorado) and that's where the frustration level gets higher than the fun level for me. So doubt I'll get any further.

Other than that I still have the new FM waiting, played about 15 minutes until I got the "meh, nothing much has changed" feeling and left it for later.

Also waiting to see if Civ VI will hit the Thanksgiving sale, wont take much of a reduction to convince me.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:08 AM   #13
TroyF
Coordinator

FOF8 is obviously going to take the bulk of my time.

I want the new DDPB and will spend time with that one at some point.

On the graphical gaming front, I am hoping DOOM goes on sale during the Steam winter sale.

I will also continue on with my MLB the show created player and some DD. Still having a blast with that game months later.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 01:26 PM   #14
Buccaneer
Head Coach

If I can complete Enderal this holiday season, I'll be happy. What a long, challenging and totally fascinating game it has been.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #15
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
If I can complete Enderal this holiday season, I'll be happy. What a long, challenging and totally fascinating game it has been.

+1
Old 11-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #16
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
The hitman elusive target missions were kinda interesting to me, as a way to keep you interested in the game and how it changed.

"Here's your target. you have seven days to kill him. Oh, if you fail, and get caught? You don't get a second chance".

Really brings tension and suspense into it, and encourages the community to stay active in discussing how to get to the target and to escape.

I tried the current elusive target last night, didn't even manage to get close to him before accidently heading to a restricted area and getting caught.

Quote:
On the graphical gaming front, I am hoping DOOM goes on sale during the Steam winter sale.

DOOM is a steal at it's current $20 price. The only better games I've played that came out this year are Kentucky Route Zero Act IV and Dark Souls III.

Last edited by mckerney : 11-23-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #17
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Also waiting to see if Civ VI will hit the Thanksgiving sale, wont take much of a reduction to convince me.

I've heard it will be $40 or so on Black Friday at GameStop.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #18
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I think I'm already set..

Watch Dogs 2
DDS CB 2017
FOF 8
Endless Space 2
Tyranny

Just need time to play them.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:03 PM   #19
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I've heard it will be $40 or so on Black Friday at GameStop.

$40 deal is up now.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/c...98WcJ0sKcrR3fg
Old 11-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #20
SackAttack
Head Coach

There ya go, Critch. And it's a Steam game in the first place so I'd imagine they email you a Steam code when you buy it.

There's your discount!
Old 11-23-2016, 06:56 PM   #21
Edward64
Head Coach

FOF 8 and spending more time on Civ 6
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:56 PM   #22
Groundhog
Coordinator

FOF 8 and.... NBA 2K17 still? I wonder if I'm getting old. Fallout 4 aside, not really being grabbed by any games lately, and find myself getting impatient with RPGs, which has always been my favourite genre.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:57 PM   #23
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
There ya go, Critch. And it's a Steam game in the first place so I'd imagine they email you a Steam code when you buy it.

There's your discount!

When it came to it 40 bucks was still more than I wanted to pay. So I spent 60 on FOF8, The Witness, and Tennis Elbow Manager instead.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:10 AM   #24
mckerney
Coordinator

Hitman for $15

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/hit...erience/123742

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided $22.49

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/deu...edition/134031

Rise of the Tomb Raider $15

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/ris...-raider/128202
Old 11-25-2016, 02:39 AM   #25
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
When it came to it 40 bucks was still more than I wanted to pay. So I spent 60 on FOF8, The Witness, and Tennis Elbow Manager instead.

It...it was $20 off. Of $60.

You said "it won't take much of a reduction."

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU DRAW THAT LINE?

ahem.

Sorry. Just flabbergasted. :-D

(Wait, Tennis Elbow Manager?)
Old 11-25-2016, 09:19 AM   #26
Critch
lolzcat

The ad didnt mention steam keys so I held off. Really anything more effort that pressing the buy button on Steam is more effort than I was willing to make.

Tennis Elbow Manager is old, clunky, and normally overpriced but the demo seemed ok and I had the money I'd set aside for DDS College Football burning a hole in my virtual pocket, so what not?