Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2016, 09:20 PM   #151
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Okay, gave up on what I was initially trying and approaching it MUCH differently.

Starting in 1901; moved all teams to 1 league with 16 teams. Changed the season length to 90 games (figure that will be 6 games versus each team; one home and away series). Disabled playoffs, you win the league by winning the year. Erased career stats so it all starts from there.

Then I will add a second league after there are enough players to sign into that league; but that league will be an 8 for reputation. Same settings for the 16 teams and 90 game season. I will manually relegate/promote teams after each season.

In time I want to get to 8 total leagues. (reps of 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1)

I'll then a playoff series between the champions after each season.

Will probably start posting a dynasty thread once I get enough history to start a write up (and if it looks like something manageable).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:27 PM   #152
Comey
College Starter

I went back and reviewed my RTR #3, the 2016 season according to OOTP.

In the end, the game did pretty well, and came decently close to getting it right.

Road to Release #3: The 2016 Season, According to OOTP 17

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:41 AM   #153
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

Broke down and bought this for the first time in years yesterday. It's 9.99 on Steam Black Friday weekend for anyone who was interested but not at regular price. Has the game changed for the better since say the 13 version? I'm more interested in player development/ AI. I always found that there was way too much year to year variability with prospects but way too easy to fleece the AI in trades.

I only dabbled for a few mins but I really loved the real time simulation thing.
jetpunk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:43 AM   #154
JPhillips
General Manager

What's up with some early draft classes labeling all the pitchers as relievers? It kills demand and greatly limits bonus requests. In the 2018 draft I picked up five pitchers in the first five rounds and paid 1100000 total for their bonuses.

Last edited by JPhillips : 11-25-2016 at 10:00 AM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:45 AM   #155
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
It was like the only major thing I'd try to contribute to beta, but I haven't been on the past two years since the great purge. And I've stopped trying to convince them it's important, but thousands of people still download my financial mod, so it's gotta be important to somebody.

Actually I did used to go rants about it every few months, but the newgen fanbois don't like when you show them evidence they're wrong and just tell you that "no it's supposed to work that way," even if that defies common sense. But hey...not my circus.

And hey, new grafix.

And yeah, I'll still buy because there's not a better baseball sim anywhere. But just had to second that emotion.

Tell me more about this mod and where I can get it
Old 11-25-2016, 10:12 AM   #156
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
What's up with some early draft classes labeling all the pitchers as relievers? It kills demand and greatly limits bonus requests. In the 2018 draft I picked up five pitchers in the first five rounds and paid 1100000 total for their bonuses.

Pitchers "stuff" is higher when they are relievers. Also look at how many pitches they have. Two pitches mean they won't really be effective starters, just relievers.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:10 AM   #157
JPhillips
General Manager

What I'm seeing is in the early draft classes every pitcher is listed as a reliever regardless of pitches or stamina. That craters team interest and bonus demands. I grabbed easily the best pitcher in the draft for a 250,000 bonus with the tenth pick.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:34 PM   #158
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpunk2000 View Post
Tell me more about this mod and where I can get it

GMEXcel - (Formerly MarketCalc) - Page 3 - OOTP Developments Forums
Old 11-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #159
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
What I'm seeing is in the early draft classes every pitcher is listed as a reliever regardless of pitches or stamina. That craters team interest and bonus demands. I grabbed easily the best pitcher in the draft for a 250,000 bonus with the tenth pick.

This isn't true. I see lots of SPs most drafts. Some drafts are weaker in one type of player than others. You can't always get what you need every draft.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:24 PM   #160
JPhillips
General Manager

Thanks for calling me a liar.

What happened to me in my game started two weeks ago was that the 16 draft was normal, but the 17, 18 and 19 drafts had zero starting pitchers. The 20 draft was back to normal. This wasn't few starting pitchers or not very good starting pitchers, but zero pitchers labeled as starters.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:14 AM   #161
dcg12
n00b

Make sure you have the latest patch 17.12.75. It corrected that exact issue.

Per change list ---"Fixed issues where international FA or draftees would only show as RP"

OOTP 17 Update #11, Version 17.12.75 Available! - OOTP Developments Forums
dcg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #162
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

Just an FYI this is on the latest humble bundle at the pay what you want tier so you can basically get it for $1 along with roller coaster tycoon and some train game.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #163
dunkem
Mascot

The Game discounts thread seems to have a problem with it. I can't seem to pull up the latest posts. I had posted the OOTP17 bundle there. Pretty much a steal at the pay what you want level ($1 minimum for steam key).
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #164
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

I love how in 8 months the game had a 99% price drop (from $39.99 to practically $0.50).

In for the Humble Bundle.

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 11-30-2016 at 04:28 PM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:30 PM   #165
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

I'm semi annoyed that I held out for as long as I did, bought it on Thanksgiving for $10 and 4 days later I could've had it for free basically. Granted it's only $10 but that's some terrible timing on my part.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:04 PM   #166
dunkem
Mascot

Ditto on that Jetpunk... then again, I'd almost feel bad for markus paying less than a buck for the bundle. I could pay more, but then I wouldn't be getting an awesome deal on the rest of it like Big Pharma. OOTP17 is worth the $10 and more anyways..
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:53 AM   #167
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Broke down and bought it with the Humble Bundle even though I swore I wouldn't get this version. Same issue with expansion teams not having their minor league systems generated properly that's been there for years. Don't care about most of the bells and whistles, just want something that gives a new team minor league affiliates at each level instead of skipping the low A level. It can't be that hard to code in for expansion on a standard game that the teams will have AAA, AA, A+, A, A-, and R (at least 1) affiliates. Instead it generates AAA, AA, A+, A-, A-, R, R every time. It's been this way for since they added the expansion feature and I doubt it will ever get fixed.

Worth the $1, but not much more as that is a realism killer every time.

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 12-03-2016 at 12:56 AM.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:19 PM   #168
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Broke down and bought it with the Humble Bundle even though I swore I wouldn't get this version. Same issue with expansion teams not having their minor league systems generated properly that's been there for years. Don't care about most of the bells and whistles, just want something that gives a new team minor league affiliates at each level instead of skipping the low A level. It can't be that hard to code in for expansion on a standard game that the teams will have AAA, AA, A+, A, A-, and R (at least 1) affiliates. Instead it generates AAA, AA, A+, A-, A-, R, R every time. It's been this way for since they added the expansion feature and I doubt it will ever get fixed.

Worth the $1, but not much more as that is a realism killer every time.

It's a relatively easy thing to fix manually, though. But OOTP has always had little things like that which are obnoxious minor and they've just compounded over the years.

But we've come a long way from say, OOTP8 or whatever.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote