Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Anyone still playing World of Warcraft?

And if so, we should get a FOFC night going sometime. I haven't had much chance to play lately due to a cold type bug, but I'd like to get some of the old group together

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
And if so, we should get a FOFC night going sometime. I haven't had much chance to play lately due to a cold type bug, but I'd like to get some of the old group together

I deleted my Toon, but my daughter has been playing for a bit and I have a Death Knight that I can play.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
RedHawk00
H.S. Freshman Team

recovering addict, now going on 2+ years of wow-sobriety
RedHawk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I play but not as much as I used to because of school. Probably a few times a week and really never on the weekend, I spend that time with my wife usually.

Saldana plays regularly.

Sal and I both have toons on Lighteninghoof. He has an 80 hunter and a priest around 40. I have a 67 mage and a 55 warrior. All Horde.

We both also have toons on Lothar. The only one I really play on there is my 57 alliance rogue, and I play it almost exclusivly these days.

we use ventrilo to chat when we play. I would love to play with you guys if I can find the time.

What servers are you guys on? I would be cool with rolling a new toon also.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I have a few 80's on Akama. Though my hunter Deretha from the old FOFC guild is the best geared of them.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm on Moon Guard (mostly allys, top a 72 warrior, couple of hordies too) and Sentinels mostly.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Im afraid of trying it out and getting hooked
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

well, DC, I'll tell ya what. They're having a special right now.. they have a "Refer-a-friend" option that you get your first month and the base game (you'd be able to play 6 of the 8 races, and up to level 60 content) for $5. Can I tempt ya?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #9
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Recovering addict here as well - been "clean" for about 8 months. My problem is that my favorite part of the game is end-game raiding, and it is not possible to participate in that facet of the game without an absolutely ridiculous time-commitment. I am very happy with the time I spent as a hardcore raider - I led a guild who achieved four server-firsts in Ulduar, and also managed to down OS 3-Drake while it was current content. Those six or so months were easily my favorite time playing the game. I just couldn't keep up with juggling the (massive) ego problems of running a competitive guild, keeping my toon up to the best of his ability, learning and applying new strategies and preparing not only my toon, but my entire guild for raids with consumables, etc.

I still have two 80's (Rogue and Druid) and 4 70+ toons on Detheroc Alliance side, but I've let my accounts go inactive. I want badly to reactivate for Frozen Throne, but realistically, although I'm best in slot everywhere pre-Ulduar, I'm not geared enough for progression content, and I no longer have a guild. Once it's been up for a while, I may troll the recruiting forums to see if someone will take on a melée DPS who knows his class, doesn't care about loot, and just wants to see the content. Even so, I'm not sure I can put in the time simply to farm for raid consumables anymore.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am the total opposite of Vince. I have no interest in raiding at all. I don't think I could deal with the massive weenies and how seriously they take it. I prefer to solo or play with a very select group of people I know. I enjoy leveling up and getting new gear, etc... but I have just had to many bad experiences with immature dicks in instance groups. I will almost never run an instance unless it is with a friend in real life or someone from my guild. I have even had bad experiences with people from my own guild. I just can't handle people who are total weenies, which is about 95% of the people who play.

That being said I do love the game, I just think I play it different then most people. For me hitting 80 is almost like ending the game.

Last edited by Lathum : 11-28-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Account is currently inactive, but hasn't been all that long since I played. Have 2 80s and 2 70+ on Moonrunner.

Also have the toon on Moon Guard from when we played before (think he's at 60) but don't even remember what class he is.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:59 AM   #12
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
well, DC, I'll tell ya what. They're having a special right now.. they have a "Refer-a-friend" option that you get your first month and the base game (you'd be able to play 6 of the 8 races, and up to level 60 content) for $5. Can I tempt ya?

You're evil!
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
You're evil!

and this comes as a surprise HOW?
Old 11-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am the total opposite of Vince. I have no interest in raiding at all. I don't think I could deal with the massive weenies and how seriously they take it. I prefer to solo or play with a very select group of people I know. I enjoy leveling up and getting new gear, etc... but I have just had to many bad experiences with immature dicks in instance groups. I will almost never run an instance unless it is with a friend in real life or someone from my guild. I have even had bad experiences with people from my own guild. I just can't handle people who are total weenies, which is about 95% of the people who play.

That being said I do love the game, I just think I play it different then most people. For me hitting 80 is almost like ending the game.

I really enjoyed the game up to level 70 (I was level 58 when Burning Crusade was released), but was hooked completely and totally by the massive scripted encounters of raiding. I had to put up with an absolute travesty of errors and douchebags to raid, but I can't begin to tell you the amazing feeling that was downing that boss we had been working on for two weeks. To be able to share that with 24 other people was simply amazing.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
gkb
High School Varsity

I have low level guys on several different servers. I'm an altoholic and I think the highest level I've ever been is 43 or something. Yes I'm lame.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #16
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I still play regularly, although "regularly" tends to mean a couple of hours twice a week along with a 3-hour raid on Wednesday nights. I happen to be in a great (and big) guild, and this has made a ton of difference. I raid with a "2nd-tier" group of raiders (to differentiate us from the hard-core progression types) and we just do Wednesdays, welcoming in new raiders and learning the fights and also teaching those new to raiding how to deal with the mechanics involved. Very laid back and fun, and yet we've still managed to get about 3/4ths of the way through Ulduar.

The other great thing about being in a big & friendly guild is that there's almost always enough people to get together for 5-mans, and generally a ton of lower-level alts for lower content.

So, it remains enjoyable, and I'm happy I've been able to see, and contribute to downing, "endgame" content without putting in a huge time commitment.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #17
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so any thoughts on getting something together Foz?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #18
chinaski
College Prospect

Still playing. Have a level 80 hunter on Gnomeregan. I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but I do show up for our Mon-Wed 6-9 raid nights. Currently the 2nd best geared hunter horde side, wooot!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #19
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, you guys know my schedule, so we'll have to figure something out about having a fun night getting togethere
Old 11-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #20
sabotai
General Manager

Stopped playing a few months ago. Someone (dubb?) started a dual-boxing dynasty and it looked interesting so I gave it a shot. Was fun, but I needed to cut a few monthly expenses and two WoW accounts was a bit too much, and I was playing other games so I canceled the subscriptions. I plan to get back into it (dual-boxing) sometime in the future when I get done playing the games I have now.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #21
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Stopped playing a few months ago. Someone (dubb?) started a dual-boxing dynasty and it looked interesting so I gave it a shot. Was fun, but I needed to cut a few monthly expenses and two WoW accounts was a bit too much, and I was playing other games so I canceled the subscriptions. I plan to get back into it (dual-boxing) sometime in the future when I get done playing the games I have now.

Yea that was me. Dual-boxing was fun but I found out that it just wasn't my cup of tea. I think both of those characters from the dynasty are still at the level 17 mark they were, and like you, I canceled the second account.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #22
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

I haven't played since the beginning of August or something. My wife became rather tired of me playing so much, and it is a huge time commitment, especially raiding.

I have several 70's and at least one 80. Not sure that I want to play again, but I might be up for it again at some point.

I tend to play the same way as you Lathum. Level 80 is the goal, then all that is left is the absurd rep grinding, achievements, and PvP.

So are the majority of the people here on the horde side, or alliance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #23
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I haven't played since the beginning of August or something. My wife became rather tired of me playing so much, and it is a huge time commitment, especially raiding.

I have several 70's and at least one 80. Not sure that I want to play again, but I might be up for it again at some point.

I tend to play the same way as you Lathum. Level 80 is the goal, then all that is left is the absurd rep grinding, achievements, and PvP.

So are the majority of the people here on the horde side, or alliance?

I have both.

My 3 mains are a 67 Horde Mage, 55 Horde Warrior and 60 Alliance Rogue. I play the rogue a lot more these days, I really enjoy that class.

Romagoth, whats your favorite class? All of them?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #24
Rizon
Pro Starter

I have an 80 Undead Warlock, 80 BE Priest and 62 Tauren Warrior. Haven't played much lately. I was an officer in a big raiding guild, and that shit burnt me out so bad I stopped playing for 4 months. Now I only group or raid with people in my guild or friends, I avoid puging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #25
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmmm, the common theme I see here is people get burnt out on raiding.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #26
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

do you guys prefer PvP or non PvP?

I personally can't stand PvP which is probably why I don't play my Mage and Warrior as much. They are on the first server I used and me and Sal are on there for a few reasons. I would love to move them to the server my Rogue is on but I would also have to switch factions and that is an expense I can't justify to my wife.

But it is awesome getting ganked and camped by someone 40 levels above you.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #27
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
I have both.

My 3 mains are a 67 Horde Mage, 55 Horde Warrior and 60 Alliance Rogue. I play the rogue a lot more these days, I really enjoy that class.

Romagoth, whats your favorite class? All of them?

I have an 80 warlock that is my favorite, but I also like my rogue and paladin.

Quote:
hmmm, the common theme I see here is people get burnt out on raiding.

I was burnt out on raiding as well, and I never did it nearly as much as others seem to. Some people just take that shit waaaay too seriously and it becomes their life.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #28
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
do you guys prefer PvP or non PvP?

I personally can't stand PvP which is probably why I don't play my Mage and Warrior as much. They are on the first server I used and me and Sal are on there for a few reasons. I would love to move them to the server my Rogue is on but I would also have to switch factions and that is an expense I can't justify to my wife.

How much does it cost to switch factions? I stopped playing before Blizzard implemented this.

Quote:
But it is awesome getting ganked and camped by someone 40 levels above you.

Yeah it is, especially as a clothie. Nothing like having your fear spell resisted as you are being beaten to a pulp.

Last edited by RomaGoth : 12-01-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #29
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
How much does it cost to switch factions? I stopped playing before Blizzard implemented this.

$30 per faction change and $25 for a server move. So it would be $110 for me to do it for my 2 mains. No way I can sell that to my wife, which sucks because I am in an awesome guild on the alliance server I am on. Lothar.

I rolled a hunter alt on that server, but I didn't get into it, to much trouble controlling my pet and such.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #30
spleen1015
Coordinator

I missed this last week.

All of my toons are on Alleria, but I am willing to start a new toon on another server or transfer one of my non-80s to a new home. I only have 1 horde toon, but I am willing to faction change as well. You guys say when and where and I will play with you if you'll have me.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #31
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not sure how everyone feels about rolling new toons, but I would be willing to roll a new toon, preferable on a non-pvp server, and we could all level up together.

Obviously some people can play more than others, but as people level up faster no reason they can't help someone else level.

What say you guys?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #32
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- this thread is killing me, I am in the busiest time of the year for me and now all I want to do is play WoW with my rogue that just got its flying mount.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #33
saldana
Pro Starter

i play pretty much every night

I capped 80 about a month ago and got into a guild that is kind enough to help carry a fresh cap through heroics and 10 mans...im up to 25 man naxx now, and have gotten helped along into some harder stuff...one thing i have realized that it isnt all just about gear...more of it is knowing what to do in certain fights, which is made a WHOLE lot easier with DeadlyBossMods (i recommend it if you dont have it)

my priest on Lightninghoof is at 48

on Lothar, I have a 50 Tauren Druid and 65 Tauren DK, plus a 31 Draeni Pally

i would definitely roll a new toon on any realm we can agree on and commit one or two nights a week to playing with you guys, i think it would be alot of fun

i have a vent server (only 10 slot, but easily expandable) that I would be happy to give to everyone to use
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #34
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola- this thread is killing me, I am in the busiest time of the year for me and now all I want to do is play WoW with my rogue that just got its flying mount.

dude....try sitting at work all day after having just gotten your epic flying mount before you left this morning.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #35
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am all for starting a new toon. I don't know how well we could play together without starting new toons.

My hope is we can get a good group of 6-10 people and start running instances together when we get to 15 or so. Instances are a lot of fun when everyone has the same goals, just have fun.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #36
spleen1015
Coordinator

DOLA - I think what it might take is someone making a decision. We'll play this faction on this server starting on this day. Hope to see you there.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 12-01-2009 at 11:59 AM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #37
saldana
Pro Starter

@ vince, pt2, if you havent seen this site yet go to www.wow-heroes.com and put in your toon...you will be surprised that your gear from Uludar is not nearly as outdated as you think it might be....the only thing that came out since then was ToC and the revamped Onyxia, which was only a half tier increase...the big jump is going to be next week when 3.3. drops and the ICC tier 10s start coming out, but they are going to open the citadel in four stages, so the very last part, Fall of Arthas, probably wont be unlocked til February...i would bet you arent nearly as gear-challenged as you think
Old 12-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #38
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
DOLA - I think what it might take is someone making a decision. We'll play this faction on this server starting on this day. Hope to see you there.

i agree...i nominate Foz since he started it...i also think it would be fun to start on a realm that no one has said they have toons on so we actually have to start over instead of twinking ourselves.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #39
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

yeah, this.

I'll be home around 5:00 PST tonight, maybe I'll check it out and post something.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #40
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

or Foz could do it.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #41
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, here's my hours the next few weeks:

Tues-Thurs 2-10 (All times eastern)
Fri/Sat 6 PM-2AM (but I work from home, so if it's quiet, I can do it)

Here's what I'm thinking.

Server: Moonguard or Sentinels
Possible Times: 10:30 PM WED or THUR, or 8:00 PM FRI/SAT, or during the SNF game or MNF games
Race: Allies

Roll up and zerg out all the stuff, I'm pretty sure if we get a group up (5 or so), we can get out of Elwynn (and Pornshire) in one night.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 12-01-2009 at 12:09 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #42
spleen1015
Coordinator

Why an RP realm?

EDIT - I'm just wondering.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 12-01-2009 at 12:10 PM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #43
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, I found there's less assholes on RP server (too much effort for some of the disruptors etcetera/).. the two non-RP Non-PVP servers I've tried, there was guys in the starting zones stealing all the newbie kills to try to stop the newbies from levelling.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #44
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Well, I found there's less assholes on RP server (too much effort for some of the disruptors etcetera/).. the two non-RP Non-PVP servers I've tried, there was guys in the starting zones stealing all the newbie kills to try to stop the newbies from levelling.

That's the craziest shit I have ever heard
Old 12-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #45
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- whats zerg mean?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #46
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
dola- whats zerg mean?

We get a group of folks together and pretty much do all of the same quests and we can blow through them quickly.

Zerg is a race in StarCraft. Their early units were quick and easy to build, so there was a MP strategy of building lots of them and killing your opponents quickly, thus the term Zerg or Zerging was born.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #47
spleen1015
Coordinator

Dola, I have never personally seen high level toons in lowbie zones being disruptive and I've probably played all of the lowbie zone Alliance side at least 20 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #48
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, as for my schedule and opinions on what Foz suggested.

I am out for sure if it is a Saturday or Sunday, I spend those days with my wife, my choice, not her being a bitch about me gaming.

10:30 PM on a weeknight seems pretty late to start playing for people on the east coast.

I can do Friday night starting anytime.

I can do Tue/ Thu anytime after about 8PM EST.

During the MNF game would probably be the best for me I can start really anytime.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #49
spleen1015
Coordinator

I like the SNF/MNF idea. I'm always watching the game anyway, so that's doable for me.

Thursday is another good night for me. Tuesday is my only night where I have something going on.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #50
saldana
Pro Starter

SNF or MNF also works well for me, as neither of those nights is typically a scheduled run or my main's guild.