Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Amazon Customer Service: Sems that was an eerro

Had a very crazy conversation with Amazon today. It all started with a tree we ordered being 5 days late, then finding out the price fell $44 a day after I ordered it. I wanted to keep the cheaper replacement tree and return the original.

12:03 PM PST Thomas(Amazon): Hello, my name is Thomas. I'm here to help you today.
12:03 PM PST David Clark: Hello.
12:03 PM PST Thomas: please give me amoment
National Tree 6.5 Foot Dunhill Fir Tree with 650 Clear Lights (DUH3-65LO)
12:04 PM PST Thomas: is this it?
12:04 PM PST David Clark: Yes.
12:05 PM PST Thomas: May i know why you wish to return
12:07 PM PST David Clark: The orginal order was not delivered. I was sent a replacement. I opened the replacement and would like to keep it- and incur the $175 charge and return the original , which arrived latter and refunded the $219 price I paid for it.
12:09 PM PST Thomas: please give me amoment it is taking a while.
12:10 PM PST Thomas: please check your mail
12:11 PM PST Thomas: Please let me know if I've addressed all of your concerns to your satisfaction?
12:11 PM PST David Clark: I did, I seems I was sent an return invoice for $175?
12:12 PM PST David Clark: Sorry, just saw new email.
12:12 PM PST Thomas: please let me know if ther are any issue.
12:13 PM PST David Clark: Ok, so when I attach the invoice to the product and return it, I will be refunded the $219?
12:14 PM PST Thomas: please let me check .
12:16 PM PST Thomas: Okay please inform me if i am wrong you did not receive the original item and asked for replacement and you wish to keep the replacement and you want to be refunded $219?
12:18 PM PST David Clark: I want to return the original item- I opened the replacement, not the original.
12:20 PM PST Thomas: The replacemnt for this order was free and if you return the original item you will not be retro charged .
12:22 PM PST David Clark: I understand. I will be charged $175 if I do not return one of the trees, correct?
12:22 PM PST Thomas: yes
12:23 PM PST David Clark: So can I return my original order (which is unopened) and be refunded $219. And keep the other and be charged $175?
12:24 PM PST Thomas: yes i believe so. but the taxes will applied for the order you kkep you will be charged 219 $ no matter what
12:25 PM PST David Clark: The original order was $238 after taxes
12:28 PM PST David Clark: I paid $44 more dollars for a product that showed up 5 days after the delivery date. I would like to pay the lower price.
12:30 PM PST Thomas: You have to retrn the original if you do not want to be retro chaged if you keep botth they will incur you 219$ each i am sorry who gave you 175$ idea.
12:31 PM PST David Clark: The email Amazon sent me today says I will charged $175 if I do not return the tree.
12:32 PM PST David Clark: Here is what it says:
Item subtotal: $175.70
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $0.00
Total: $175.70
Your original payment method will be charged $175.70 if you don’t send the item back by Wed, Jan 10.
12:36 PM PST Thomas: i checked the mail, it sems that was an eerro you have to return any one of the item if you do not wish to be charged.
eror on the system
12:38 PM PST David Clark: what will I be charged?
12:38 PM PST Thomas: if you return the original item you will not be retro charged.
12:39 PM PST David Clark: I wish to be charged, what will I be charged?
12:39 PM PST Thomas: 219$
12:39 PM PST David Clark: So the email I was sent today was wrong?
12:39 PM PST Thomas: yes system errror
12:40 PM PST David Clark: Even though the price of the tree was lowered to $175 last week, when the replacement sent?
12:40 PM PST Thomas: it was not lowered you can check our website it is same price
12:41 PM PST Thomas: Sorry! Something went wrong!
12:41 PM PST David Clark: It was never $175?
12:41 PM PST Thomas: yes it was never 175$
i gave you the link you can check.
12:42 PM PST Thomas: Hope that solved the confusion i apologize for the inconvenience
12:43 PM PST David Clark: I see what it is today. But it was on sale last week, when the replacement was sent.
12:44 PM PST Thomas: i do not see anty sales last wek for the item
12:44 PM PST David Clark: This has been a bad customer service experience.
12:47 PM PST Thomas: i am sorry you faced this issue but please understand we are trying to be fair if you do not send the item you will be chrged 219 $ and not 175$, that was a fair mistake on our part we accepet and we also rectified through this chat.
12:49 PM PST Thomas: We've been idle for 1 minute, and I want to make sure our chat's still connected. If you aren't able to respond in 1 minute, this chat may close.
12:49 PM PST David Clark: Yes, I understand. A lot of my time has been wasted, in what turned out to be your email error. More time will be wasted in returning the item.
12:51 PM PST Thomas: I apologize on behalf of amazon, thank you for contacting us about it before hand about this issue, it would spiralled int to a huge problme if you did not and caused more dissatisfaction and now becuse of you we nipped it in the bud, i understand this is inconveniece to you , thats is why we are here for to help you understand the situation , it was our faul we accept .
12:52 PM PST Thomas: i understand this was not a stisfying experience but we stopped a huge mistake from happening.
12:53 PM PST David Clark: what was the huge mistake about to happen?
12:56 PM PST Thomas: consider you returned the item expecting to be paid $44 in return and you did not recieve it, it may have turned in to huge issue with us being in the wrong on the information we gave you through mail and you may have tken to law for fraud but becuse of your presence of mind we may have stopped that from happening due to this chat.
12:56 PM PST David Clark: wow, ok.
12:57 PM PST Thomas: thank you for understanding.
Please let me know if I've addressed all of your concerns to your satisfaction?
12:57 PM PST David Clark: absolutly not
12:58 PM PST Thomas: i understand this was not a satisfying experience but we prevented a huge mistake from happening.
please let me know if can do anything else for you.
12:59 PM PST David Clark: not really.

AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

https://camelcamelcamel.com/National...uct/B0094F9GM0
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #3
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

yes it was never 175$
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:45 PM   #4
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post

Thanks! Perhaps he was telling the truth and he really didn’t see “anty sales last wek for the item.” I’m not sure what an anty sales last wek even looks like.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #5
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It was $175.70 until Dec 1? Am I missing something?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #6
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

yes it was never 175$

Hope that solved the confusion i apologize for the inconvenience

Last edited by Bobble : 12-06-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

I'm with you. That link seems to indicate it was $175 from Nov 23-Dec 1. Not sure what I'm missing if we're interpreting that link as saying the price was never $175.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-06-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #8
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm going to venture a guess and say that guy's real name is not Thomas.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #9
Ironhead
College Prospect

I love the fact that he sent you the return invoice reflecting $175 and then 20 minutes later says "i am sorry who gave you 175$ idea."

Uhhh...you did Thomas.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:46 PM   #10
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I'm going to venture a guess and say that guy's real name is not Thomas.

Not the worst guess ever IMO.