Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2017, 08:53 PM   #1
miami_fan
Coordinator

Kentucky Rep Dan Johnson Commits Suicide

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ead/950666001/
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well I'm sure glad he came clean and owned up to it like all good men of God do.

The Kentucky state house currently has 4 republicans accused of sexual misconduct who refuse to step down.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 12-13-2017 at 10:54 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:45 PM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wait he tried to blame his suicide on PTSD from 9/11? What the hell?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:50 PM   #5
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Wait he tried to blame his suicide on PTSD from 9/11? What the hell?

It gets more insane since his story of running a morgue in NYC on 9/11 may have been made up.

The Pope's Long Con

Quote:
Johnson bowed his head recently at a memorial service remembering 9/11, one of the worst days in this country’s modern history. He says it was one of his worst days too — but regularly boasts about his heroic acts that day.

Time and again, he’s told this story with himself in the lead role.

Looking out a hotel window, he watched the second plane crash into the World Trade Center. He raced to Ground Zero. He pulled a body from the outstretched arms of first responders.

He set up a morgue right there, right near the rubble. And for two weeks — two heinous weeks — the Pope gave last rites for “all of those” pulled from the towers.

But Storm Swain, a Philadelphia theology professor who wrote a book about chaplains at Ground Zero, has never heard of Johnson. She said it’s highly unlikely that any civilian, let alone an out-of-town clergyman, would have been asked to — or would have been able to — set up a morgue in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.

And a spokeswoman for New York City’s medical examiner’s office said she checked with several colleagues who were at the scene. No one remembers Danny Ray Johnson.

Johnson has photos, which he shares all the time, and which appear to show that he was in New York around the time of 9/11. They include shots of him with luminaries such as then-New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

“I live 9/11 every day of my life,” he said at the 2013 Freedom Watch rally in Washington.

In fact, 9/11 is part of his everyday life.

Records show Johnson collects workers' compensation from the state of New York. But there’s no credible evidence of Johnson ever living or working in New York for any length of time. So, his workers' comp benefits are almost certainly tied to 9/11.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:07 AM   #6
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Well I'm sure glad he came clean and owned up to it like all good men of God do.

The Kentucky state house currently has 4 republicans accused of sexual misconduct who refuse to step down.

You take this team stuff a little too seriously. (Like the lefts version of JiMGa). A man committed suicide and it leads to mocking religion and calling out the Republicans. I’ve got news for you neither party gives a shit about you but they do enjoy having their followers do their dirty work for them
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:42 AM   #7
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
You take this team stuff a little too seriously. (Like the lefts version of JiMGa). A man committed suicide and it leads to mocking religion and calling out the Republicans. I’ve got news for you neither party gives a shit about you but they do enjoy having their followers do their dirty work for them

He sexually assaulted a girl at his church where he referred to himself as "pope", had a post on Facebook that likened the Obamas to monkeys, and lied about helping out at Ground Zero of 9/11.

It's not about team, it's about the world ridding itself of human garbage.

And that's how you do a JiMGa post.

Last edited by Butter : 12-14-2017 at 06:43 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:55 AM   #8
PilotMan
Head Coach

He was a pastor at the church and the only thing Jon and I share is passion. Right or left pieces of shit like this guy are useless. I'm sick of people being hurt because of power trips and ego, and I've seen the results of it first hand. Throw a person hiding behind religion into it and double fuck them. That's almost as bad as this guy being a police officer. Last, I live here, and yeah the shit that has gone down since Bevin took over makes it really, really personal.

Like Steam?

Old 12-14-2017, 07:06 AM   #9
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I've seen the results of it first hand. Throw a person hiding behind religion into it and double fuck them.

No pics, please.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #10
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So basically he probably fabricated a 9/11 workers comp claim? That article is nuts
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:54 PM   #11
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
So basically he probably fabricated a 9/11 workers comp claim? That article is nuts

Tough to say from what is in the article. He may have done something then, but at the very least it's unlikely that it was what he'd claimed. If it's not completely made up it seems it's at least exaggerated.

Last edited by mckerney : 12-14-2017 at 01:55 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #12
RainMaker
General Manager

Good riddance.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:36 PM   #13
PilotMan
Head Coach

He might have made a deep run against McConnell if he could have held on I think. He'd already made a career out of the con. Why not pull a Moore and just run with it?

Dan Johnson, Kentucky lawmaker who killed himself, claimed he raised woman from the dead - NBC News

Quote:
Not long after his death was ruled a suicide, Johnson’s wife, Rebecca, who is the “pastor” of their church, announced Thursday that she will run for his seat and called her husband’s death ahigh-tech lynching based on lies and half-truths.” ......

KCIP found that Johnson’s claim that he had brought a dead woman back to life while serving as a missionary in South America was based on a letter written by another preacher who admitted he hadn’t seen the supposed miracle and only heard about it. .....

Before his suicide, Johnson made national news during his campaign for posting racist remarks online about former President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama. That didn’t stop him from getting elected last year in an overwhelmingly white and conservative corner of Kentucky.....

In June 2000, the news organization reported, Johnson was suspected of torching his own church. He blamed the Ku Klux Klan, but the church was bankrupt at the time and rebuilt with insurance money. ....

Many members of Johnson’s flock were bikers and other unlikely churchgoers who reveled in his Muslim-bashing sermons and were attracted by other perks, like being allowed to smoke during services and the booze-fueled parties he hosted on weekends, the news organization reported.

Three times the church was cited for unlicensed liquor sales. But Johnson claimed the alcohol was “communion” so he didn’t need a liquor license.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 12-15-2017 at 05:36 PM.