Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-22-2017, 03:49 AM   #1
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

New PC Tennis Game - Time Travel Tennis

Not sure if any Tennis fans around here but if so a new PC Tennis game was released a couple of days ago from the same developer (Richard Hanna) who has created other sport games such as Second and Ten Football, PC Replay Baseball, PC Replay Basketball, ASG Golf, etc. The name of the game is Time Travel Tennis and was designed by Anthony Apostolico. Its based on a board game design and has that type of feel. Below is a link to the full game's description and more detail. But at a high level, you can play exhibition matches and full tours with Tennis great players....six different groups of players are available for purchase (pre war, pre open, open, modern, ladies 1 & 2), you'll get one of those sets of your choosing with purchase. They also have a demo you can try before purchasing. Actual seasons are not available but the designer has stated it is under consideration depending on how much interest/sells are generated from the game.

Personally I know next to nothing about Tennis, don't play it in real life, and seldom ever watch on TV....but so far having a blast with the game. It's helping teach me about a sport that I traditionally know nothing about. If you enjoy tennis and/or want to try a new sport game, would recommend at least trying out the demo...to my knowledge there aren't many (if any) tennis games like this out there.

Link to details page
Time Travel Tennis | ASG Games

Link to demo
Time Travel Tennis Demo | ASG Games

Link to Forum (discussions on the game here)
Forum

Link to Purchase
Time Travel Tennis Purchase

Link to User Created Mod (adds player pictures, logos, etc.)
User Mod

Some screen shots

Last edited by SlyBelle1 : 12-22-2017 at 04:05 AM.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:08 AM   #2
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the link, it looks interesting.

Not really set up for career play kind of hurts a niche game like this. Basically spend over $100 to set up a historic player tour and find out who wins is the only thing I can really think of you could do with this. Not enough modern players to even fill out a normal sized grand slam tourny. Even if it came with the top 100 and a random player generator it would make this a lot better.

I do think they probably nailed the gameplay aspect of this though. The match flow from what I have watched seems very good. I am just kind of wondering why I would spend $100 plus on this product even with wanting a decent tennis simulation.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-22-2017 at 07:10 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:25 AM   #3
digamma
Torchbearer

Yeah it looks cool, but the pricing doesn't seem to fit.

But, ping: DarkCloud.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:46 AM   #4
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Thanks for the link, it looks interesting.

Not really set up for career play kind of hurts a niche game like this. Basically spend over $100 to set up a historic player tour and find out who wins is the only thing I can really think of you could do with this. Not enough modern players to even fill out a normal sized grand slam tourny. Even if it came with the top 100 and a random player generator it would make this a lot better.

I do think they probably nailed the gameplay aspect of this though. The match flow from what I have watched seems very good. I am just kind of wondering why I would spend $100 plus on this product even with wanting a decent tennis simulation.

Few comments....

1) Base game is $49 and that includes one of the tour files so you don't need to go full in for the $109 version (game + all tour files). It certainly might be higher than some other games, but as you stated this is niche and there really isn't any viable alternatives if you like Tennis.

2) You are correct no career play, but it does have an option to roll over a tour which means you can play multiple years worth but there won't be any aging, rating changes, etc.

3) Within the game you can create your own cardset to base a tour on...which means you can take the multiple available tour files to create one set of players that you can base the tour on. Then you can have greater than the 60+ players....don't quote me, but if you get all the men's files as an example, there are over 200+ that can participate on a tour.

4) Within each match, if you choose to play one of the players, you'll have a number of strategy options to choose from that will impact the outcome of the game...keeps it very interesting.

At the end of the day, it depends what you really want and how much you want to play a game like this.....certainly worth a try of the demo.

Last edited by SlyBelle1 : 12-22-2017 at 08:47 AM.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote