Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-17-2005, 05:06 PM   #501
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm baffled. There's a certain anti-intellectualism going on here. Four are fingered, no reasons are given and everyone believes him. Maybe cause newbiews were encouraged to play this game? Don't let 2 days of discussion be wiped out by one guy throwing a pointless hunch out there without a shred of reasoning to back it.

I'd like to throw Illini's name on the pile, since two hours ago he had no problem voting a possible Seer and now its to risky?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #502
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Scratch Illini actually, I had his vote confused with Bearcat's. Sorry .

Old 08-17-2005, 05:24 PM   #503
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I believe Jeff. I don't know if I believe dubb. I'm not sure I believe blade, shorty, or sackattack. Dubb, if Jeff goes tonight and he's dirty, I'll jump on your bandwagon.

Vote dubb93
Old 08-17-2005, 05:28 PM   #504
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I believe Jeff. I don't know if I believe dubb. I'm not sure I believe blade, shorty, or sackattack. Dubb, if Jeff goes tonight and he's dirty, I'll jump on your bandwagon.

Vote dubb93

Good vote, but you mean to say that if dubb gets lucky and gets a mafia (jeff) tonight, you're just going go jump on the bandwagon for the other 3 guys without having any evidence? that doesn't seem very fair or smart. Just saying.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #505
SackAttack
Head Coach

I really don't know what to think about dubb. I voted for him yesterday, if memory serves, but that was more of a "I haven't got any better idea right now" kind of vote.

I'm really surprised he'd jump out and finger four people without offering any convincing evidence. That makes me wonder, but that's about all I've got right now. My vote for Shorty is based on the fact that I trust my gut, and what my gut is offering is the best I've got to work with right now, based on the events so far.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:35 PM   #506
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:

Vote dubb93

This seems to be the most sensible thought yet.

Vote dubb93
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:48 PM   #507
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Vote Blade I have a feeling he's the mafia's seer.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:13 PM   #508
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Vote dubb93
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 06:45 PM   #509
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote Shorty

Vote Dubb

I don't think Mafia would be so blatant like this, but theres a better chance it Dubb than I .

Old 08-17-2005, 06:46 PM   #510
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Vote dubb93

what the hell are you doing here?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #511
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

What, what's wrong????? .

Old 08-17-2005, 06:49 PM   #512
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Seems like I struck a nerve with some people. I'm not suprised Schmidty and Jeff are voting me, or Digamma for that matter he has been questioning me the whole time, but Ardent caught me off gaurd, and I have no clue what to make of the vote from Raiders Army, where the hell did come from and who snuck him into the village?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:50 PM   #513
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

No matter what happens tonight, I'v added another name to the list of people I'll NEVER EVER EVER kill if I happen to be evil.

If I leave these guys alive there's no chance I'll ever lose

Old 08-17-2005, 06:50 PM   #514
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'll hold you to that.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:51 PM   #515
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well Dubb, I don't want to vote you. It's total self preservation.

Maybe people realized you have said a whole lot without a stinkin piece of logic other than daring people to read 10 pages by themselves? It's the Blair Witch effect "If you don't agree with me you are stupid!!".

Old 08-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #516
SackAttack
Head Coach

I'm going to stick with my Shorty vote.

Dubb is still a guy that raises my eyebrows, but at this point changing my vote just continues to snowball the bandwagon, and I still believe that Blade is Mafia, and that there's a good chance Shorty is as well.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #517
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I'll hold you to that.

What's the other side of this bargain? Do I get a hooker for being accused for no reason? At the very least do i GET A GOD DAMN REASON!!!

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-17-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:53 PM   #518
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I'm going to stick with my Shorty vote.

Dubb is still a guy that raises my eyebrows, but at this point changing my vote just continues to snowball the bandwagon, and I still believe that Blade is Mafia, and that there's a good chance Shorty is as well.

And I have been saying that same thing, how bout you back me and vote Dubb .

Old 08-17-2005, 06:55 PM   #519
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
what the hell are you doing here?

LOL. I didn't even see that.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #520
Blade6119
Coordinator

ok, im back for awhile before i head to best buy and pick up a new printer...the prevailing thought is that im evil(started by sack attack no less, one of the ones i suspected...dont know why i would use him as the trust one since i scanned him for the sole reason of not trusting his "role reveal"...) Whatever though, i still stick to my vote of ardent, as he has been wayyyy to low under the radar...

Tonight, im leaning towards scanning ardent or the survivor of jeff/dubb...any reccomendations from those that do believe me?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 06:58 PM   #521
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
And I have been saying that same thing, how bout you back me and vote Dubb .

Dubb went apeshit and threw four random names out there, one of them being mine.

I could vote for him, but in light of the fact that things seem headed his way anyway, I don't see what switching my vote right now accomplishes.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:00 PM   #522
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well it saves me, maybe. And lynches Dubb. There's a 0% chance of dead mafia if it's me .

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-17-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:02 PM   #523
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'd scan me or Dubb, either way there is going to be a lot of focus and honestly I don't think either of us is Mafia.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #524
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
ok, im back for awhile before i head to best buy and pick up a new printer...the prevailing thought is that im evil(started by sack attack no less, one of the ones i suspected...dont know why i would use him as the trust one since i scanned him for the sole reason of not trusting his "role reveal"...) Whatever though, i still stick to my vote of ardent, as he has been wayyyy to low under the radar...

Tonight, im leaning towards scanning ardent or the survivor of jeff/dubb...any reccomendations from those that do believe me?

If jeff dies tonight, I think we should look at dubb to make sure he's a villager.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:07 PM   #525
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well Dubb, I don't want to vote you. It's total self preservation.

Maybe people realized you have said a whole lot without a stinkin piece of logic other than daring people to read 10 pages by themselves? It's the Blair Witch effect "If you don't agree with me you are stupid!!".

No there was thought to it. Like I said before today I thought Bearcat and Blade were the suspects. However it became obvious to ME through my re-reading a little bit why there was no kill on night 2. It makes too much sense, Sack reveals himself, the mafia don't want a KNOWN innocent around so they try to kill him. Neither him nor the mafia realize it till it happens but he's the son of the don. They now have 4.

The seers end up dead, either through blind luck or what have you, so Blade attempts to play the "I'm a seer and I know that Sack is innocent." Well no shit, he only posted a PM the day before stating that from Neon.

He posts another PM from his friend Bek with a joke about him being mafia. No reason that should have been posted, he should have realized it was a joke, but no, Blade plays the game, it is a game after all and he wants to win. So he hangs Bek out. We vote Bek, Bek is innocent, no harm done to the friendship, but then we start to turn on Blade. So someone inside the mafia, Sack steps out and realizes they need to sacrifice him.

But they come up with another idea, what if we vote Shorty, he turns up innocent and we proclaim Blade is innocent as well, hell even if it doesn't work atleast we get Shorty out of the way b/f Blade dies. Even though this makes no sense as I've posted several times, you don't take the Blade conspiracy down from the middle. If you don't believe it you start at Blade, plain and simple. If Blade is clean shorty is clean, if Shorty is clean we learn nothing about Blade.

That was my first hint of a mafia push. Sack even admits the vote makes less sense than voting for Blade, just read what he has typed today. Then Jeff jumps on, and invites a bandwagon against Shorty. Shortly after Schmidty jumps on, Blade can't jump on b/c this would prove him a liar. I call them out, Schmidty plays dumb and votes me, later Jeff votes me, now sack is trying to distance himself from the other 3 and not jump on this bandwagon.

This whole series of events smells like mafia.

And seriously how the hell is Raiders Army allowed to vote in this game? He ain't even in it is he?

Last edited by dubb93 : 08-17-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:08 PM   #526
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Well it saves me, maybe. And lynches Dubb. There's a 0% chance of dead mafia if it's me .

I don't know all that much about you either, though.

Is it a tie right now?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:11 PM   #527
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

We are going around in circles. I never invited a bandwagon to shorty, I already asked you to point that out.

So the bottom line is I agreed with the logic with someone you suspect. Even though I suspect the same guy and posted it soon after the no kill night happened, and WELL before you.

Anyone in this game could fit into your logic, since your "logic" works for an infinite amount of scenarios. You stay on my leave alive list.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-17-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #528
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And I still think lynching shorty is the right move if you want to vote in line with the blade predicament, followed by Sack then Blade. If we are wrong about Blade we lose a lot more than if we lynch shorty.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-17-2005 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #529
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't know all that much about you either, though.

Is it a tie right now?

I think I've been a little more logical than dubb. I mean none of us have been rock solid, but Dubb has thrown 4 guys in the fire with nothing to back it up.

Edit: Sorry for the tripa dola. I'm not used to this situation .

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-17-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:17 PM   #530
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
I think Sack is safe, but Im not sold on Shorty at this point...

Just a thought, since we know Bug was a seer. We don't know if he ever viewed Shorty, but we have this nugget.

Something to chew on mentally.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #531
Blade6119
Coordinator

In the interest of getting a guy i suspect much more then the other, i will change off Ardent while still noting he is flying under everyones radar...Jeff has made far more sense then dubb, so with the interest of getting my canidate between the two

Unvote Ardent
Vote Dubb
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:33 PM   #532
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I think I've been a little more logical than dubb. I mean none of us have been rock solid, but Dubb has thrown 4 guys in the fire with nothing to back it up.

Time for me to leave for school, and I won't be back until after the deadline.

I still believe my hunch is right, and will return to it tomorrow, but for tonight...

unvote Shorty

vote dubb93
Old 08-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #533
korme
Go Reds

dubb93- Schmidty, ardent enthusiast, digamma, jeff061, Blade6119, SackAttack
jeff061- illinifan999, shorty3281, dubb93, Fouts
Blade6119- Bearcat723, pennywisesb
Bearcat723- SnDvls
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:49 PM   #534
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119

Scan yourself and tell us the result.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:56 PM   #535
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Just a thought, since we know Bug was a seer. We don't know if he ever viewed Shorty, but we have this nugget.

Something to chew on mentally.

Let us not forget when he said that he voted Jeff, looks like all the mafia voted me, no suprise. Don't say I didn't tell ya so when this is all said and done
Old 08-17-2005, 07:57 PM   #536
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

He also voted for Aesyrqwe.

Means nothing.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:02 PM   #537
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He also voted for Aesyrqwe.

Means nothing.

Yes, but when he voted you he said he didn't trust Shorty, YET VOTED YOU IN THE SAME SENTENCE. Something tells me he found something in you, and shorty was the next on his list to check.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:03 PM   #538
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Scan yourself and tell us the result.

I agree with this 100%. Blade should save his lies and get this over with.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:04 PM   #539
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I believe I've covered this earlier. In any case it's speculation and I've agreed it's the only dirt on me. There's nothing I can do to defend a vote by a Seer who was supicious of me but hadn't viewed me yet.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:05 PM   #540
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I believe I've covered this earlier. In any case it's speculation and I've agreed it's the only dirt on me. There's nothing I can do to defend a vote by a Seer who was supicious of me but hadn't viewed me yet.

OK, i'm done, at the end of the game we will be able to discuss this more, I'm out for a while. The truth will come out when Neon gets on 2nite. We can't both be right.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:07 PM   #541
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah we can.

I said I don't think you are Mafia and I know I'm not. You thinking in absolutes is what created this mess.

edit: hmm my brain has stopped functioning after all this bickering . Some more thoughts up next on tomorrow and tonight.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-17-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:12 PM   #542
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm jusy happy I survived, I'll no longer give people crap for getting frustrated .

Unless dubb by chance is a mafia it's going to get sticky tonight, I know some will say I'm covering myself for what I know will happen, but it doesn't really matter since no matter what happens people's initial opinion won't be swayed by this post.

Here are the outcomes I see tonight:

1: Blade is killed tonight, everyone jumps on me tomorrow and I go on the defense again. I don't have it in me and I don't even know how I would convince people. I doubt I'll try that much.
2: Blade lives and I'm clear, YAY. Then I'm killed the following night. sigh.
3: I'm killed tonight? trying to think of a reason for this and how it would effect blade. May not be a possibility.
4: Blade lives and says I'm Evil, I die tomorrow, Blade dies the next day.

In any case I suspect Dubbs won't have to wait beyond 9pm tomorrow to see he was a tad bit to aggressive on a tad to little information.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-17-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:17 PM   #543
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, i'm done, at the end of the game we will be able to discuss this more, I'm out for a while. The truth will come out when Neon gets on 2nite. We can't both be right.

You might be a villager, but you set yourself up for a fall by accusing people like me (fellow-villagers) without any evidence whatsoever.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:24 PM   #544
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm jusy happy I survived, I'll no longer give people crap for getting frustrated .

Unless dubb by chance is a mafia it's going to get sticky tonight, I know some will say I'm covering myself for what I know will happen, but it doesn't really matter since no matter what happens people's initial opinion won't be swayed by this post.

Here are the outcomes I see tonight:

1: Blade is killed tonight, everyone jumps on me tomorrow and I go on the defense again. I don't have it in me and I don't even know how I would convince people. I doubt I'll try that much.
2: Blade lives and I'm clear, YAY. Then I'm killed the following night. sigh.
3: I'm killed tonight? trying to think of a reason for this and how it would effect blade. May not be a possibility.
4: Blade lives and says I'm Evil, I die tomorrow, Blade dies the next day.

In any case I suspect Dubbs won't have to wait beyond 9pm tomorrow to see he was a tad bit to aggressive on a tad to little information.

You forgot one key thing...no matter what the outcome of my scan tonight no one will believe me for some reason...if you come up as mafia, and i share that, you will be safe...if your good, you will be killed...if i were you i would pray i was mafia, since anything i say will be used in reverse on you...sorry if your a villager jeff, and tomorrow i say that and you get killed...worse for me i get killed...
Demotivation
Old 08-17-2005, 08:33 PM   #545
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

dubb93 - Schmidty, ardent enthusiast, digamma, jeff061, SackAttack, Blade6119, ardent enthusiast
jeff061 - Fouts, illinifan999, Shorty3281, dubb93,
Blade6119 - Bearcat729, pennywisesb
Bearcat729 - SnDvls

(not sure if I counted correctly... but I'm sure dubb93 is pretty much the lynch lotto winner. )

You all gather around dubb93... ready to take him to the slaughter shed. He then whips out the seal of the Regional Magistrate! dubb93 is without a doubt the Regional Magistrate!

"Hold, you fools! I am not to be harmed today! If you are to cut someone up... let it be HIM!"

He points an accusing finger on jeff061. jeff061 starts screaming as you bind him and take him to the slaughter shed. After several minutes of agony, jeff061 is no more. You then head to his room, and look around. A gloom settles as you realize that jeff061 is nothing more but a Villager!

1. dubb93 - Regional Magistrate, Power used Day 4
2. ardent enthusiast
3. SackAttack
4. Fouts
5. RealDeal - Villager, Lynched Day 1
6. Bearcat729
7. illinifan999
8. MrBug708 - Newspaper Investigator, Killed By Mafia Night 3
9. SnDvls
10. Mr. Wednesday - Witness, Killed By Mafia Night 1
11. digamma
12. bek - Villager, Lynched Day 3
13. Aesyrqwe - Villager, Lynched Day 2
14. Shorty3281
15. pennywisesb
16. Schmidty
17. Blade6119
18. jeff061 - Villager, Lynched Day 4

It is now Night (4)! Night Actions are due by 9AM EDT.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-17-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:34 PM   #546
MrBug708
Head Coach

Way to go guys...*rolls eyes*
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:35 PM   #547
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Can I get an apology now genius?

I don't know what you mean by "guys" bug.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-17-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:36 PM   #548
MrBug708
Head Coach

Another villager dead and the Magistrate outed....
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:36 PM   #549
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Dubb. A villagers worst enemy.

Yeah, your word should off been guy.

One person made a dumb case, one person lynched the wrong guy.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-17-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:37 PM   #550
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

i tried, i'll shut up now...