Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #51
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
hmmm, the common theme I see here is people get burnt out on raiding.

I was a hardcore raider pre-BC. I used to raid every night. MC, BWL, ZG, I was in a guild that run something just about every night.

So yeah, I got burned out on it. Raiding is the part of the game I hate most now.

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #52
saldana
Pro Starter

dola...unless we all start as the same race, how do we zerg the starter zones?

doing that would make it hard to have a good balance of players.

which brings me to my next thought...are we going to coordinate classes at all...would be kind of funny to show up with 10 dps toons and no tanks or healz
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #53
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

if we're all humans, dwarves or gnomes (on the Ally side), it's fairly simple to meet up after level five or so (there's a tram from Ironforge to Stormwind).. Night Elves.. someone would have to get a port to IF or SW to get it done..
Old 12-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #54
spleen1015
Coordinator

My plan is to be a Dwarf Paladin. So, tanking is covered.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #55
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
if we're all humans, dwarves or gnomes (on the Ally side), it's fairly simple to meet up after level five or so (there's a tram from Ironforge to Stormwind).. Night Elves.. someone would have to get a port to IF or SW to get it done..

The boat in Darkshore goes to SW now. So, that would be pretty easy as well.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #56
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing. IF and SW and use the tram and once you get enough gold or find someone cool port to Shat and set your hearthstone there.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #57
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

anyone else have a strong prefrence for their class?
Old 12-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #58
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I usually play warriors/pallies.. I might try a priest/rogue/mage/warlock.. but you'll have to remind me not to go charging in, that clothies are a lot more vulnerable then I'm used to
Old 12-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #59
saldana
Pro Starter

i was gonna go with either druid or shammy...i have been told i am a pretty good healer with my druid and my priest, but have been wanting to try a shaman...either way, i will go resto, so healz will be covered unless someone else wants to do it...ive played warrior, pally, hunter, rogue, death knight, priest and druid so i can do pretty much anything in terms of role

Last edited by saldana : 12-01-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #60
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I have never played WoW - maybe once with a 14 day trial. This could be something I may want to try. How much is the monthly cost?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #61
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I have never played WoW - maybe once with a 14 day trial. This could be something I may want to try. How much is the monthly cost?

its 15 bucks a month, unless you buy multiple months at a time...i buy in 3 month chunks and it is 12.99 each i think

also, if you want to start, hit one of us up for a trial membership, which gets you 10 days free, and then if/when you buy the game, you get a month of free play time, so the first 40 days end up being free

you also get some benefits from being a referred friend, most importantly the ability to summon one another to anywhere in the world, and 3x experience points for killing mobs and turning in quests any time you are playing with the person that referred you.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #62
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The base game is $5 right now through the gift a friend program (the one that lets you get to L60, and use all the races except Draneai and Blood Elves and all the classes except Death Knights:

Here's the monthly costs per their page

$14.99 USD - One Month Recurring
$41.97 USD - Three Months Recurring ($13.99 per month)
$77.94 USD - Six Months Recurring ($12.99 per month)
Old 12-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #63
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would be cool rolling a mage again, warrior or a rogue, some kind of DPS.

I just dont want to be a warlock or hunter, controling another creature is to much effort for me.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #64
spleen1015
Coordinator

Can I recommend we go with Sentinels for our realm? I created a toon on both realms tonight and Moon Guard showed as 'Full' which has the potential for queueing since there are so many folks on that realm. Warcraftrealms.com shows Sentinels having 2/3 the population.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #65
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Can I recommend we go with Sentinels for our realm? I created a toon on both realms tonight and Moon Guard showed as 'Full' which has the potential for queueing since there are so many folks on that realm. Warcraftrealms.com shows Sentinels having 2/3 the population.

Fine by me, although I've never had to queue up for MG.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #66
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I remember when we all started playing the first time and Moon Guard was a ghost town. It was one of the reasons I server transferred my hunter to Perenolde.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #67
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Where does the boat outside Exodar take you? We can get Draenei into it if that boat goes somewhere like SW or Mharbor (run to IF sucks but doable).
Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #68
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
Where does the boat outside Exodar take you? We can get Draenei into it if that boat goes somewhere like SW or Mharbor (run to IF sucks but doable).

Goes to Auberdine apparently, where you can catch a boat to SW
Old 12-02-2009, 04:44 AM   #69
saldana
Pro Starter

cool, so sentinels it is...are we calling Monday the first night, or should we roll up on our own and grind out the first 8 or 10 levels on our own before then so we can work our ways to SW
Old 12-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #70
saldana
Pro Starter

Dola, I say we roll and do the starter zones ahead of time so we can get together and pwn Hogger in a 20 man raid group
Old 12-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #71
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

So if I wanted to start the trial version how do I go upon doing so? What server, race, ect.? Not sure if I'm ready to commit to the $15 a month but for I'll have 14 free days to decide

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 12-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #72
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Sentinels: choose a race from the allies (you'll have Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, and gnome) avaialable).

I'd choose warrior as your first go round, it's simple (at lower levels), and you have a high level of armor, but any race can be done as a go round
Old 12-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #73
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
So if I wanted to start the trial version how do I go upon doing so? What server, race, ect.? Not sure if I'm ready to commit to the $15 a month but for I'll have 14 free days to decide

if you want a refer-a-friend number (which like i said, gives you and the person that is already a player some bonuses), pm me you email address and i will send you an invite...that invite will have a link for you to follow to create an account...once you create the account, which will include your credit card information even though nothing will get charged until you activate the full version.

after you get an account, you will have to download the client, which takes awhile...after that, you will be able to log in and it will take you to the Realm Selection screen....we are going to go to the Sentinels realm and roll Alliance characters, which means Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf, or Draenei.

I will be rolling a Draenei, and I think Foz said he would be going Dwarf...nice thing about dwarves and gnomes is that they start together, and have easy access to humans...night elves and draenei will have to do a little bit of work to get to everyone else in Stormwind (human/alliance capital city)

as far as classes go, Warriors and Paladins are the tank classes, but as they level can be used to be damage dealers. Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks are ranged damage dealers. Rogues are Melee damage dealers. Druids and Shamans can be anthing...tanks, melee or ranged damage, or healers Priests can be either healers or ranged damage dealers

if you go to WoW -> Info -> Classes
there are some simple pro/con lists for each class and tells you what kind of armor and weapons you can use
Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #74
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
if you want a refer-a-friend number (which like i said, gives you and the person that is already a player some bonuses), pm me you email address and i will send you an invite...that invite will have a link for you to follow to create an account...once you create the account, which will include your credit card information even though nothing will get charged until you activate the full version.

after you get an account, you will have to download the client, which takes awhile...after that, you will be able to log in and it will take you to the Realm Selection screen....we are going to go to the Sentinels realm and roll Alliance characters, which means Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf, or Draenei.

I will be rolling a Draenei, and I think Foz said he would be going Dwarf...nice thing about dwarves and gnomes is that they start together, and have easy access to humans...night elves and draenei will have to do a little bit of work to get to everyone else in Stormwind (human/alliance capital city)

as far as classes go, Warriors and Paladins are the tank classes, but as they level can be used to be damage dealers. Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks are ranged damage dealers. Rogues are Melee damage dealers. Druids and Shamans can be anthing...tanks, melee or ranged damage, or healers Priests can be either healers or ranged damage dealers

if you go to WoW -> Info -> Classes
there are some simple pro/con lists for each class and tells you what kind of armor and weapons you can use

Shamans can heal, be very good melee dps or very good caster dps. They can't tank.

Though as we are playing alliance you won't have access to the shaman unless you have an account with the Burning Crusade expansion attached to it.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #75
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well I don't see anyone who has stepped up as a warrior I think I'll roll a dwarf warrior.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #76
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

How about a Rogue? I played one while I was playing EQ and I liked that class. Saldana I'll PM you now... only problem is I forgot about the refer-a-friend last night while starting up a and d/l the trial. Playing the trial version is the same as the full version? Will I be able to group with you guys? Could I just use a different e-mail address?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 12-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #77
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
How about a Rogue? I played one while I was playing EQ and I liked that class. Saldana I'll PM you now... only problem is I forgot about the refer-a-friend last night while starting up a and d/l the trial. Playing the trial version is the same as the full version? Will I be able to group with you guys? Could I just use a different e-mail address?

Rogue would be good. I have a 61 human rogue that is by far my favorite toon.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #78
spleen1015
Coordinator

We need ranged DPS. Someone needs to be a Mage or Warlock or even a Shadow Priest. My main is a Shadow Priest. They are sexay.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #79
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

There are limits to the trial version due in large part to gold farmers. Anyone with a full version of the game can invite you to a group, and you can quest with them, but you will not be able to start a group by yourself. You won't be able to trade items with each other. There may be others but those are the 2 big ones that come up when starting out.

I'm probably going to roll a mage, or a shaman not sure yet but both will fill the ranged dps role we seem to need.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #80
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
There are limits to the trial version due in large part to gold farmers. Anyone with a full version of the game can invite you to a group, and you can quest with them, but you will not be able to start a group by yourself. You won't be able to trade items with each other. There may be others but those are the 2 big ones that come up when starting out.

I'm probably going to roll a mage, or a shaman not sure yet but both will fill the ranged dps role we seem to need.

you also cant use in game chat, but I have Vent so we wont need it

server name = Richs Server
IP = 205.234.153.26
port = 5424
password = richsserver
Old 12-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #81
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
i sent you the invite, if you cant use it, no big deal, you get the same amount of time for free
Old 12-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #82
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
@ vince, pt2, if you havent seen this site yet go to www.wow-heroes.com and put in your toon...you will be surprised that your gear from Uludar is not nearly as outdated as you think it might be....the only thing that came out since then was ToC and the revamped Onyxia, which was only a half tier increase...the big jump is going to be next week when 3.3. drops and the ICC tier 10s start coming out, but they are going to open the citadel in four stages, so the very last part, Fall of Arthas, probably wont be unlocked til February...i would bet you arent nearly as gear-challenged as you think

Well, my gear from Ulduar...doesn't exist. I quit shortly after we started Ulduar (we were one of two guilds on our server working on Vezax), and was pretty unlucky on drops our first two trips through. So I didn't end up getting any Ulduar gear at all. While I'm as decked out as you can get otherwise (including every single rogue weapon), I'd still be a tier behind. I haven't looked into the new raid instance after Ulduar, so I'm not sure how tough it would be to drag my lower DPS through there...or how hard itnwould be to convince a guild to drag me through Ulduar to get my gear up to snuff.

That being said, you're not helping me stay away
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #83
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

This last time I quit playing WoW, I uninstalled the entire game, even the addons, and sold it. I don't really feel up to buying the game again at this point...

Has anyone had a problem looking up characters in the armory?
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #84
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Well, my gear from Ulduar...doesn't exist. I quit shortly after we started Ulduar (we were one of two guilds on our server working on Vezax), and was pretty unlucky on drops our first two trips through. So I didn't end up getting any Ulduar gear at all. While I'm as decked out as you can get otherwise (including every single rogue weapon), I'd still be a tier behind. I haven't looked into the new raid instance after Ulduar, so I'm not sure how tough it would be to drag my lower DPS through there...or how hard itnwould be to convince a guild to drag me through Ulduar to get my gear up to snuff.

TotC is pretty easy. As long as you can pull around 3-3.5k dps you'll be fine. The fights are pretty easy, and there's no trash. A decent pug on my server can usually clear it in a little over an hour.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #85
Kodos
Resident Alien

You guys talk a strange language.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #86
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
TotC is pretty easy. As long as you can pull around 3-3.5k dps you'll be fine. The fights are pretty easy, and there's no trash. A decent pug on my server can usually clear it in a little over an hour.
also the way the emblem system works now, i am in all Tier 7 or better and have never in anything harder than the first wing of Naxx
Old 12-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #87
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
This last time I quit playing WoW, I uninstalled the entire game, even the addons, and sold it. I don't really feel up to buying the game again at this point...

Has anyone had a problem looking up characters in the armory?

nope
Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #88
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola, I say we roll and do the starter zones ahead of time so we can get together and pwn Hogger in a 20 man raid group

What does everyone think about this idea? I'm up for it unless folks want to wait and have everyone start on the same night.

Dwarf Paladin Redi is ready!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #89
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post

I'm probably fine then. I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure I was near those numbers.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #90
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

Sad to say but, if you were to come back for the 3.3 patch all the heroic instances will drop the emblems of triumph that currently get you the basic tier 9 gear for TotC. So all you would have to do is farm heroics for a little bit and get geared up.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #91
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Sounds amusing. I started up a gnome warlock named Ryche. Just reactivated my account recently after about half a year away.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #92
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok, so are we going to start this during SNF/MNF this week?
Old 12-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #93
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok, so are we going to start this during SNF/MNF this week?

i thought we were, so i rolled my toon, draenei shaman, Saltana (there was already a Saldana on the realm)

did the starter quests, leveled to 6 and made my way through the island and am waiting for everyone in IF.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #94
spleen1015
Coordinator

Redi is level 7 parked in Thunderbrew.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #95
saldana
Pro Starter

So who is in for tonight?....8pm EST?
Old 12-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #96
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'll be on sometime around there.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #97
saldana
Pro Starter

so redi and saltana pwned dun morogh last night...i will be on around 9est tonight
Old 12-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #98
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I can be on by about 7 PM EST. I'll need to roll a toon and level up and can probably play until about 10:00 EST, then I run into dinner time here.

Is there anywhere we should meet, I'll probably level to 5 then park myself in Goldshire or Stormwind.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #99
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What realm are we on. Sentinals?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #100
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Correct