Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #901
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I defeated Hamlet last night(probably won't happen again now that Dracula cut my crew's passive ability, if you are a villager and did this congrats you just made it easier for the wolves to get all the powers) but anyway his father allowed me to see what someone has been up to so far. I choose Barkeep. Barkeep has not taken an action at night in the game so far.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #902
Autumn
Head Coach

Interesting, dubb. Sorry to hear about Miss Elizabeth. I half wonder if it was Lathum who won that, he seemed worried about your trio.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #903
Danny
Head Coach

Admiral Nelson is wounded.

Mrs, Doubtfire is no longer wounded
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #904
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I'd still like to see some pressure on DT. And JAG has been quieter than normal. I don't like that.

Bork, Bork, Bork!
Animallllll!

SWEDISH CHEF ATTACKS MELISANDRE
ANIMAL ATTACKS MRS. DOUBTFIRE
Old 07-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #905
Danny
Head Coach

Today's characters.

Mr. Spock
Solid Snake
Robin Hood
Captain Ahab
Indiana Jones
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #906
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I defeated Hamlet last night(probably won't happen again now that Dracula cut my crew's passive ability, if you are a villager and did this congrats you just made it easier for the wolves to get all the powers) but anyway his father allowed me to see what someone has been up to so far. I choose Barkeep. Barkeep has not taken an action at night in the game so far.

That seems very surprising, unless he has a one-time use ability. He stated earlier he has two powers I believe.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #907
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I went after Calvin, thinking he might go for the more spiritually-minded Melisandre, but no deal.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #908
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well, I'd still like to see some pressure on DT. And JAG has been quieter than normal. I don't like that.

Bork, Bork, Bork!
Animallllll!

SWEDISH CHEF ATTACKS MELISANDRE
ANIMAL ATTACKS MRS. DOUBTFIRE

You're JAG-intuition is failing you this time. I agree I have been quieter than usual, in part because I haven't had as much to analyze as when there are the usual voting records. I'm open to suggestions. I feel reasonably good about you and Chubby, less so but still positive about dubb, and more mixed about the rest. Oh, and I feel like Zinto has been normal. I don't think he's ever been a wolf before so normal puts him on the plus side.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #909
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
That seems very surprising, unless he has a one-time use ability. He stated earlier he has two powers I believe.
One of my powers is passive and so I don't think would show up in that scan. The other is a one time use ability, isn't a night action, and is not something I've used up until now.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #910
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I too tried interacting with Calvin with no such luck. That royally sucks. I lost the one person who could really help me with the missions in Zoe so don't be surprised if I never get anything from these characters.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #911
mckerney
Coordinator

I shoot at the tiny fast one last night but he get away.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #912
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I actually read Lathum's actions very differently. I agree on the surface it's non-standard Lathum, but I actually think right below the surface it's classic Lathum and given what we know read the situation benignly.

I'm disappointed that Lathum died. Frankly my intuition is that Lathum did indeed have some sort of power which caused him to go along with Tyrith. However, I'm going to suggest that the power wasn't what Lathum said. Lathum is the rare player who will lie as a villager and so while going along with someone else isn't Lathum like I'm suggesting he used that merely as a rationale for another purpose. Obviously we won't know now whether that's true or not.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #913
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Anybody have a decent idea who the cleared people are? Lathum was 100% cleared IMO and that's why he was killed. The question he asked about how to handle interactions did it for me..not to say he couldn't play that card as a wolf but.. oh well.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #914
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Anybody have a decent idea who the cleared people are? Lathum was 100% cleared IMO and that's why he was killed. The question he asked about how to handle interactions did it for me..not to say he couldn't play that card as a wolf but.. oh well.

I don't think anyone is as cleared as Lathum was since he was scanned but in terms of how things have gone with night actions and such I would say that Packer is the most cleared followed by Autumn and Chubby.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #915
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

mal and Jayne standard attack athena

Going with my day one gut feeling. I hadn't brought it up yet but here goes.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #916
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

The Dexter attack on cthulu is interesting too. It was a wolf that sent that attack..IMO
Old 07-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #917
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
mal and Jayne standard attack athena

Going with my day one gut feeling. I hadn't brought it up yet but here goes.

It was a feeling of mine too. He hasn't taken a night according to my scan I did last night which IMO makes him=wolf a Low percentage play today IMO.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #918
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
It was a feeling of mine too. He hasn't taken a night according to my scan I did last night which IMO makes him=wolf a Low percentage play today IMO.
QFT
Old 07-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #919
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Can I ask what I've done which is so suspicious? I came in playing aggressive last time I played and so I decided to be less aggressive this game but am still setting off people's radar. It can be hard to fight people's gut feelings so I'm curious why I'm seen as suspicious.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #920
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Until dubb mentioned it, I thought the Dracula thing was his failed interaction him Drac, same with the other attacks that were listed. Autumn, can you reveal if you went after Wolverine yesterday?

And yeah, I forgot PF. I feel pretty good about him obviously.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #921
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Can I ask what I've done which is so suspicious? I came in playing aggressive last time I played and so I decided to be less aggressive this game but am still setting off people's radar. It can be hard to fight people's gut feelings so I'm curious why I'm seen as suspicious.

The only thing for me is you're usually overly open with info and you've been pretty guarded this game. I haven't gone after you much for it because I figured if you were a villager there would be a good reason for it.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #922
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The only thing for me is you're usually overly open with info and you've been pretty guarded this game. I haven't gone after you much for it because I figured if you were a villager there would be a good reason for it.
What info would you like me to be open with? I've told you how many special powers/abilities I have (2) and have told you that I only have a 1 attack and have less than 11 hit points. I would argue only dubb has given more information about characters than I have. I would HAPPY to be more open with info, but don't believe in unilaterally doing so. So if there's a sense we should share, I'm in by all means.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #923
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
One of my powers is passive and so I don't think would show up in that scan. The other is a one time use ability, isn't a night action, and is not something I've used up until now.
Actually forgot that I gave even more info than just the number of my powers, but also talked about their general qualities. Again I argue I've given the 2nd most complete picture of my character in the game.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #924
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Right, but you only just answered that. I'm talking about my thoughts regarding you earlier. But anyway, like I said, I'm pretty sure if you felt it was a good idea to share it you woulvdve already done so. And with dubb's info, I don't think you're a very good voting target.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #925
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Right, but you only just answered that. I'm talking about my thoughts regarding you earlier. But anyway, like I said, I'm pretty sure if you felt it was a good idea to share it you woulvdve already done so. And with dubb's info, I don't think you're a very good voting target.
Good point.

But since you opened it up, what information do you/others think it make sense to share? The more information that villagers can share credibly the better it generally is. I think sharing the results of character interactions/attacks should be a given. They're one time powers. Saying what you won/how you're using them is something I think makes tons of sense. Are there other areas people think it makes sense to share?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #926
The Jackal
Coordinator

The only problem with revealing character details is that we honestly have no way to know if someone is lying or not. This was all done in Danny's mind, we could each probably make up 3-5 powers for our characters that could be seen as plausible.

If people have powers that can generate information, they should certainly reveal such after they've used them. On the other hand I'm not surprised that a ton hasn't been revealed yet. It's usually not a good thing to play things close to the vest, but in a game like this the more the wolves are left to guess about what we can do, the harder their jobs are.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #927
The Jackal
Coordinator

Has anyone been tracking the interaction reveals? I feel like there's a huge discrepancy between the number of available interactions there have been and the ones that were reported. The wolves can't be winning -that- many of them.

I guess PF revealed his scan interaction midday so there could still be something coming. Slow and steady wins the race, the wolves can't win all the scans/hide from them forever.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #928
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The wolves can't be winning -that- many of them.

Why not, we seem to have taken the approach of gimping people with multiple characters. Let's assume that most of them are good. That pretty much knocks them out of the running since Danny said each person is looking for something in particular and cutting someone's abilities roughly in half or by 1/3 makes it very unlikely they will be able to win a run off with someone who is still at full power.

Also keep in mind the wolves can spread out and hit every character with just one of them. We haven't coordinated yet which means we could all be shooting for the same 1 or two guys.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #929
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'm fully open to coordinating. Autumn suggested it D1 and I agreed with him then, and even moreso now with the points Jackal and dubb ate bringing forth. We know the wolves are coordinating, we should be doing the same.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #930
The Jackal
Coordinator

I guess that's possible. And from some of the inactivity I bet not everyone has been issuing an interaction, which puts the odds in the wolves favor. I'd urge everyone to make sure they do that.

Has anyone had a negative impact from an interaction? I've only tried to interact with characters, not attack them, but I'm wondering if someone could win the right to interact, but fail to defeat a character, or have the interaction backfire. Seems unlikely but just something I've been thinking about.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #931
Autumn
Head Coach

No, I didn't interact with Wolverine. I tried to ask The Flash for help and got nothing. So somebody was more successful with him.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #932
Zinto
College Starter

I am not against trying to coordinate and it maybe our best chance at winning some of the interactions.

I have not had any negative interactions but then again I have not won any and I also have not attacked anyone.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #933
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm fully open to coordinating. Autumn suggested it D1 and I agreed with him then, and even moreso now with the points Jackal and dubb ate bringing forth. We know the wolves are coordinating, we should be doing the same.

I have to think about this to make sure it doesn't benefit the wolves more than the village, but I'm not seeing much to indicate that. At the worst it doesn't give us any information, but lets us make sure we aren't all stacked on 1-2 characters when we honestly don't know what each one will do past speculation.

There's a lot of room for wolf manipulation/lying in this plan if there's no way to confirm what people are saying, though. I don't know if we'll be able to say look at the list of people who say they're going to interact with Spock today and know that not more than one of them is a wolf.

However I've believed since the beginning of this game and I still do that our best chance is winning these interactions and the info that comes from them, and coordinating would at least boost the efforts of that happening.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #934
Autumn
Head Coach

First day I won Samwise with all my Muppets
Second Day I lost homer
Third day I lost Flash

Today I have not sent in an order, I don't think my two guys will have much luck, but who knows.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #935
Barkeep49
Coordinator

My theory for interaction is that some characters you have to attack to win/lose while others you have to interact. So if everyone were to attack, today for instance, Indiana Jones, but you needed to interact with him instead that nothing would happen. I can say that while I've interacted with someone every day I've had nothing happen to me.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #936
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As I'm for sharing I've sent in to interact with Spock.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #937
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Has anyone had a negative impact from an interaction? I've only tried to interact with characters, not attack them, but I'm wondering if someone could win the right to interact, but fail to defeat a character, or have the interaction backfire. Seems unlikely but just something I've been thinking about.

Yes wolves tell us if you lost health from interaction so I can shoot the rest out of you.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #938
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Everyone I've interacted with I've had nothing. Yesterday I attack Hamlet, boom, I win. From what everyone else has said I think interacting is a failing proposition. I would encourage everyone to attack since it seems no one has won anything interacting.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #939
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

I also interacted with Spock today.

I interacted with Barney on day one.
I interacted with Marion on day two.
I forgot to send in an interaction yesterday.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #940
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Macho Man Standard Attack Admiral Nelson

Hulk Hogan Standard Attack Admiral Nelson
Old 07-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #941
Zinto
College Starter

Alright I have to watch a movie for class so I will be out for two hours or so. In the meantime I am going to throw down an attack on the Hulk since he is such an awesome character but I have not got to hear him talk very much so far.

Dwight attacks the Hulk
Old 07-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #942
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That makes good sense, wisdom and logic. I'm thinking Ahab for me.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #943
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
First day I won Samwise with all my Muppets
Second Day I lost homer
Third day I lost Flash

Today I have not sent in an order, I don't think my two guys will have much luck, but who knows.

Did you win with an attack or interaction D1?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #944
Autumn
Head Coach

I have interacted every day, and my win with Sam was an interaction, not an attack. I think Danny made clear, some characters will respond to one and some to the other.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #945
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Duke attacks Thursday Next

She is still quiet and she's not being quiet for the reasons that I usually like them being...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #946
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Interactions...

Day one I earned a one time use power but I don't want to reveal anything about that at this time when I interacted with fellow playa Mr. Stimson.

Day two I earned a slut power from Elizabeth which I used on dubb.

Day three I lost my attempt to interact with Calvin.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #947
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I will attempt to get that attack chart put together tonight. Was exhausted yesterday, and extremely pissed after that issue with that kid (see off topic if you want the details).
Old 07-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #948
Tyrith
College Starter

I won Captain Kirk on day 1, which let me teleport away from the first attack I took after that. It's the only reason I survived yesterday.

I then proceeded to fail at Wolverine and The Flash the next two days.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #949
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Day 1 I in my interaction with Captain Kirk.

Day 2 I decided not to send anything in.

Day 3 I attacked and defeated Hamlet. He father let me check up and see what any 1 player had been up to. I choose Barkeep. Barkeep has not been up to anything it would seem.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #950
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

crap
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote