Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-26-2015, 01:14 AM   #51
Comey
College Starter

FM16 is now 25% off, per Steam Sale. Only for the next day and a half, though.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #52
Shepp
High School Varsity

Green Man Gaming also has a voucher that will give you an additional 20% off from the Steam Sale Price, which makes it 30 dollars.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:31 PM   #53
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Green Man Gaming also has a voucher that will give you an additional 20% off from the Steam Sale Price, which makes it 30 dollars.

Sold. Er, bought.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #54
korme
Go Reds

Wow, had the holiday sale price up, added to the cart and in that span of time it went back to 49.99. Too bad, was looking forward to it
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #55
Mota
College Benchwarmer

First season with my created team almost done. I think there's 4 games left. I'm 2 points into the playoff position, so I need to keep the pace up or else there's 2-3 teams that can easily catch up to me.

My next two games are against the #5 team so 1 spot below me, and then the #1 team the week after. My top MC who has come out of nowhere and has been SHINING (average of 8.3 the past 5 games) is injured with a twisted ankle and is out for 6 weeks. That may have done me in, the backup isn't nearly as good, and my last two games have been a loss and a draw.

I picked up a couple new players at the final deadline. One of them has been great, and the other has been terrible. Unfortunately the great one is the loan player and he's just here for a few months.

This is why I love this game! Feels just like real life.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:51 PM   #56
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
And this plan goes up in smoke since it doesn't appear to be on special anywhere and I'm too cheap to spend $50 on computer games anymore.
This story had a happy endning as my cheapshark alert triggered and I'm now in December of 2015 in my FM career. I'm glad I skipped last years version since the new features seem minimal from that version but it's still something I greatly enjoy.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #57
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

I've subscribed to SIRFOZZIES American Premier League 1.0 mod in the workshop but I can't figure out how to get it to download in game? Any ideas?
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #58
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post
I've subscribed to SIRFOZZIES American Premier League 1.0 mod in the workshop but I can't figure out how to get it to download in game? Any ideas?

What exactly is the issue ? If it is not showing in the editor data files when selecting them, check in the data folder (C:\Users\Username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\editor data). Have you restarted both Steam and FM after subscribing ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:34 PM   #59
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Do I have to download the editor or is there something I need to do in game to install it? I've went to the downloads section but it doesn't appear? I honestly just started the game and don't know much about using mods. I have restarted steam and the game.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:44 PM   #60
whomario
Pro Starter

When you start a new career, you choose “custom“ for Editor data files. Then in the next screen on the top left “choose Editor data files“ .

Scroll down the page in my Link for Screenshots showing this process (and you might consider installing that league pack as well if you want, those would go to the folder i named in my last post). Writing in my tablet, if nescessary more Details tomorrow or someone else steps in.

http://www.passion4fm.com/football-m...k-by-claassen/

no idea how and if this works in the fm classic/Touch mode.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 01-03-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:40 PM   #61
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

I just picked this up on the Steam sale. I played some versions a few years ago, but wow, have things changed! There are so many more features, and the level of detail is a bit overwhelming.

I've started with Boston United, in the Vanarama North. Any suggestions on things to focus on when getting started? I'm not interested in turning the details off yet or playing the touch version; I figure I'll learn things as I go along, but I just spent 30 minutes poking around and realized I have no idea what to do.

Are there things that people usually let the assistant manager handle?
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:11 PM   #62
korme
Go Reds

I let my assistants handle a lot of things, particularly training and scouting assignments
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #63
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I let my assistants handle a lot of things, particularly training and scouting assignments

I'll do likewise then, thanks!
Old 01-05-2016, 07:01 AM   #64
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If you're concerned about regaining your sealegs you might want to take over a bigger club for a season or two since you'll have more staff and that staff will be more capable when you're outsourcing work.

But like korme I let my staff do a lot of work, particularly training and youth level stuff (including loans). At some point I'll probably look for a good training file set and implement that, but that's not my priority (getting Swindon promoted to the Championship is).
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #65
whomario
Pro Starter

What do you mean by "training file set" ? Those havent been around for ages, unless we mean different things

Training has become soooo easy, its a real good way to shape your team with little effort. Just leave the general team training on balanced and then set your players all to the role you envision them in in your preferred playstyle/tactic. Then with your really promising players you can think a step ahead (as in: Do i want my FB to be a FB or do i maybe want him to be better offensively ? In the latter, just set his schedule to wing back). Individual training now also automatically retrains a players position. So if you give a AMR a CAM schedule (no matter if as attacking midfielder, trequartista or whatever), he´ll automatically train the position as well.

If you set the schedules via each players "development - training" tab, you can immediately see his current suitability when choosing a schedule and also the attributes this schedule emphasizes.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:35 PM   #66
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

I think the last version I played quite a bit of might have been six or more years ago, so it's been a while.

In previous versions of the game it seemed pretty easy to find good youth talent to shore up a lower level team, but I'm having a heck of a time finding that in this version. Also, all the players I currently have want quite a bit more than what I'm paying them to extend their contracts.

I feel like I'll have an empty team in a year. This could be interesting.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:41 PM   #67
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I just finished my first season. The good news is that I've upgraded my staff from top to bottom. I finished in 5th and made the Playoff finals but lost. That probably isn't a bad thing, as i have a full season to develop more young players that are able to step up more. This season, in addition to the 3 guys who are in their prime and producing the majority of my chances, I have guys with upside in most other positions that will hopefully be the next generation of heroes.

In FM14 and FM15 you were pretty much given amazing talent for free in the beginning, the staff recommendations were amazing. Now I am scouting all season for good pickups and the majority of what my scouts are finding is inferior to what I already have (at the lowest level team). It seems a lot more realistic in my mind though.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:58 PM   #68
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
In FM14 and FM15 you were pretty much given amazing talent for free in the beginning, the staff recommendations were amazing. Now I am scouting all season for good pickups and the majority of what my scouts are finding is inferior to what I already have (at the lowest level team). It seems a lot more realistic in my mind though.

Good to hear I'm not alone in this. I'd agree it's more realistic.

My current defenders stink so I'm hopeful I can find some bodies to replace them. And that they'll work for 5 pounds/week, which is all I can afford.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:46 PM   #69
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Noticed this was on sale on Steam again, and saw a surprising amount of negative steam reviews. Even here, usually the FM threads are, well, much beefier. Game's been out for several months now, and barely a 2 page thread? Jeez.

Did people just not buy this one? Or is/was the quality slipping?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #70
Katon
College Benchwarmer

I looked at the list of updates from FM15, looked at a good ongoing FM15 save, and decided to take the year off.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:38 PM   #71
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I've got a great save going on FM15. Prefer to get every other year if I can hold off. The updates this year didn't make me feel like I was missing much.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:05 PM   #72
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Whereas I haven't bought a version since 14. Debating.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #73
whomario
Pro Starter

One thing: this has traditionally been a 3-patch game with the 3rd in february actually being decisive. That being said i think its been the best patch-2 version of the game in a while ... If the game is harder (and i think it is, especially with the balancing of winger play), i am not surprised at negative steam comments ...

So if you skipped 15, buy it now, wait a week for patch 3 and then go.

Last edited by whomario : 02-09-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #74
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

I think FM 16 is a much better game than 14 or 15. Much more immersive in terms of dealing with players, managers and the press; very well balanced and the interface is much improved. In years past, I would play a season or two and get a little bored. Not so with this version - a definite buy, IMO.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #75
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I bought 16 but haven't really played it yet. I am buying every other year...hopefully in the next week or 2 I will get into it
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:27 PM   #76
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I bought 16 but haven't really played it yet. I am buying every other year...hopefully in the next week or 2 I will get into it

I'm also on the every other year deal, and just picked this up today. I'm excited to get going with it, but it's going to have a hard time getting playtime between Rocket League and World of Warships.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:02 AM   #77
AlexB
Pro Starter

Picked up FM Touch in the sale, mainly because it was 1/4 of the price FM used to be, only played two matches so far so too early to tell definititively, and I'm playing as Berwick Rangers, Scottish lower tier, and with two 2 star CDs, but the defending is absolutely horrible. I mean "let's run away from the ball even thought it's on the edge of our own penalty box" horrible.

From what I can see the game is a bit more streamlined than 15, but not significantly different otherwise.

Last edited by AlexB : 02-10-2016 at 02:03 AM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #78
fortheglory
Mascot

why does FM get bashed so hard by so many year after year, whereas other similar games such as OOTP rake in top notch reviews? I am not saying OOTP is a better game...just the contrary...so I don't understand it.
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:25 PM   #79
MikeVic
Head Coach

I figured since this is the most recent FM thread, I can post my question here.

I bought FM 2015 for my android phone a while ago ,and yesterday got a new phone. I can't seem to find 2015 on the Play store anymore, only 2016. Am I doing something wrong?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:35 PM   #80
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I'm not an Android expert by any means, but doesn't every app you've ever bought/installed show up in your apps? There is a screen called all apps and another that is installed apps. It should show up in the all one.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 02-12-2016 at 08:38 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:40 PM   #81
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

My phone

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 03-10-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:05 PM   #82
MikeVic
Head Coach

Nice thanks!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:02 AM   #83
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Wish there was a way to start with 2016 MLS season

I was pumped to get going but can't move the date. Back to the drawing board...I think I'm just going to jump into Everton or Newcastle
Old 02-14-2016, 04:33 AM   #84
AlexB
Pro Starter

Half a season in now, and with some 3.5/4 star defenders it's better. Still some questionable positionng and movement, but nothing outside the realms of reality for Scottish level 4.

Apart from one clip, where my tough tackling left back got a bit carried away and slide tackled my centre half when he was coming out of our own box with the ball .
Old 02-14-2016, 05:59 AM   #85
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Wish there was a way to start with 2016 MLS season

I was pumped to get going but can't move the date. Back to the drawing board...I think I'm just going to jump into Everton or Newcastle

give it a couple weeks, i would be shocked if there wouldn´t be some editor file that enabled this by then
Old 02-14-2016, 04:39 PM   #86
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone had an issue starting the game? I have this issue every time I start the game. The screen goes blank, I get the spinning circle like something is loading, then my power button starts to flash like my laptop is going into hibernation. That is it, just the spinning circle and a flashing power button. If I close the laptop so it goes completely into hibernation and then open it and log back in I have the tab for the game. If I click on the tab the game is in mid start up (one of the initial splash screens) and will continue to load to the opening screen.

This happens every time I start the game. Doesn't happen with any other game, just FM 16.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #87
MrBug708
Head Coach

I've had issues with it as well. I have to control alt delete twice to the desktop to get it going
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #88
bhlloy
Coordinator

I don't know why I keep buying this year after year. The defense is way off again and players who should be easily good enough for the level they are playing at just make boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision.

It shouldn't be hard to put in a defensive tactic and get my players to actually mark and my full backs not to leave 30 yards on the wing every freaking time. Putting this on the shelf for a bit, very frustrating
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:01 PM   #89
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Has anyone had an issue starting the game? I have this issue every time I start the game. The screen goes blank, I get the spinning circle like something is loading, then my power button starts to flash like my laptop is going into hibernation. That is it, just the spinning circle and a flashing power button. If I close the laptop so it goes completely into hibernation and then open it and log back in I have the tab for the game. If I click on the tab the game is in mid start up (one of the initial splash screens) and will continue to load to the opening screen.

This happens every time I start the game. Doesn't happen with any other game, just FM 16.

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I've had issues with it as well. I have to control alt delete twice to the desktop to get it going

This is what I have to do too.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #90
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

FM 16 winter update patch is out:

OOTBALL MANAGER 16.3 - WINTER TRANSFER WINDOW UPDATE
================================================== ====

DATABASE
- Updated 'Winter Transfer Window' database included

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed crash on Linux when using multiple monitors
- Fixed rare crash during processing
- Fixed rare crash with Dutch league play-off match
- Fixed rare crash with Belgian European Play-off match

MATCH ENGINE
- Stop keepers punching the ball when making a save from a penalty
- Prevent a player from taking a throw in from behind the goal line
- Give more time at the end of the match when a team wins a competition
- Fixed missing commentary for competition win at the end of a shootout
- Fixed throw in issue which caused dead time

USER INTERFACE
- Fixed 'Potential' and 'Ability' filters showing incorrect players on Scouting page
- Fixed use of Match Analysis time bar during a match
- Fixed code showing in calendar when using Greek language
- Fixed rare issue where no conversation options presented when interacting with homesick player
- Fixed rare warning popup when interacting with player
- Fixed player faces sometimes appearing blue on Competition Stats panels after a match

COMPETITIONS & RULEGROUPS
- Fixed issue where user was not asked to name their Copa Sudamericana squad
- Fixed issues with removing players from the Disabled List in MLS
- Fixed incorrect generation of Under 19 teams in MLS
- Fixed rare instances of User not being able to participate in the MLS Superdraft
- Improved AI squad building and Designated Player signing in MLS
- Fixed issue where Yellow Cards in Brazillian leagues were incorrectly counted towards Brazilian Cup suspensions

TRANSFERS & CONTRACTS
- Fixed issue where some nations would start qualifying campaigns without a manager in place
- Fixed instance of sacked manager remaining in role
- Fixed instances of players not being removed from the transfer list after the player has requested to be removed
- Fixed instance of staff rejecting transfer offers for user's player despite not being instructed to do so
- Improved manager hirings in leagues that have been activated via the editor
- Improved the retention of goalkeepers by the AI throughout different squads
- Improved AI transfer & contract negotiations
- Fixed issue where Individual training for players returning from loan could be forgotten

TRAINING
- Improving effectiveness of Positional Training
- Fix for Allow Rest Before/After Match re-selecting itself
- Fix for Position/Role field returning blank

BOARD
- Improved long term board confidence to update club expectations
- Fixed issue where multiple ëBoard return feeder club verdictí news items were generated into the users inbox

STANDALONE EDITOR
- Fixed various crashes on specific Editor files
- Fixed specific instances of competitions not scheduling correctly in edit files
- Improved several error messages to be more helpful

IN GAME EDITOR
- Fixed issue with background kit not updating quickly enough to show the change when edited

NETWORK
- Fixed match score divergence between PC & Mac
- Fixed Must Respond timer issues
- Fixed Break Request issues

TOUCH MODE
- Fixed rare example of save game failing to load
- Fixed rare crash accessing in-match Tactics screen
- Fixed rare crash with Dutch league play-off match
- Fixed rare crash with Belgian European Play-off match
- Fixed rare crash with Italian Serie C playoff match
- Fixed Belgian Pro League fixtures not being scheduled in second season
- Fixed user being able to take control of Reserve teams
- Prevented job adverts for coaches and physios for national teams
- Removed age restrictions from Swiss Reserve Teams
- Ensured Austrian Premier Divisions enter into Reserve Competitions

VERSUS MODE
- Fixed issue where imported teams use incorrect badge

CREATE A CLUB
- Fixed reserve and youth teams not using the correct create a club kit colouurs
- Fixed issue where a created player could be cup tied indefinitely.

UNLOCKABLES
- Fixed issue where Design a Son could be applied when cancelling

LEADERBOARDS
- Fixed issue where Create a Club team names would be used instead of the userís club that earned the score

STEAM CONTROLLER
- Improvements to Steam controller functionality
Old 03-05-2016, 07:35 AM   #91
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Just checked and damn was hoping to be able to start with 2016 MLS season but no luck
Old 03-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #92
Critch
lolzcat

Hopefully not the last patch, noticed a couple of new bugs already. Couple of screens that dont sort properly anymore, manager icon zipping randomly about the screen.

Also still get regular "outshoot the opponents 19-1 but lost 0-1" games, but I guess that's the way this version rolls.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #93
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

FM Touch is on sale for $15 on steam. Worth it? I did enjoy the classic mode in past versions and skipped the entire game this year.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #94
AlexB
Pro Starter

I would say so. Frustrating as hell at times, but you'll get your money's worth for that price. I only play FMT as the team talks and press conferences in the full game appeal to me as much as self immolation, and FMT flows along well enough.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #95
Easy Mac

Full FM is on sale for $25 this weekend.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:10 AM   #96
Izulde
Head Coach

So I bit, but I'm having trouble with downloading mods. I'm subscribed to them on Steam Workshop, but they're not showing up in the game.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:15 AM   #97
kingfc22
Head Coach

Is there a mod to get the CONCACAF Champions League into the game?
Old 03-13-2016, 07:24 AM   #98
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

I also took the plunge on buying the game...just curious, does anybody know a site where you can download full logos, kits, and photo packs? Sortitoutsi.net I know has them, but their FREE download service is very slow so that you'll buy their premium service....it would take days to download everything if the premium service is not bought. I looked in steam workshop and couldn't find any of those type of graphics, especially in one pack.

Thanks!
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #99
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Is there a mod to get the CONCACAF Champions League into the game?

Its definitely in by default. Might be that it starts only in season 2 due to the whacked out MLS start date before the "real" start date.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #100
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
I also took the plunge on buying the game...just curious, does anybody know a site where you can download full logos, kits, and photo packs? Sortitoutsi.net I know has them, but their FREE download service is very slow so that you'll buy their premium service....it would take days to download everything if the premium service is not bought. I looked in steam workshop and couldn't find any of those type of graphics, especially in one pack.

Thanks!

I donated some money quite awhile ago and I seem to be grandfathered as I've been enjoying 5 MB/s download speeds for a long time now.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 03-13-2016 at 04:40 PM.