Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #101
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I donated some money quite awhile ago and I seem to be grandfathered as I've been enjoying 5 MB/s download speeds for a long time now.

Way to rub it in
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:11 PM   #102
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Its definitely in by default. Might be that it starts only in season 2 due to the whacked out MLS start date before the "real" start date.

Hmmmm. I don't see it listed, but the Mexican teams do have the Copa Libertadores.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:30 PM   #103
whomario
Pro Starter

When and where are you not seeing it listed ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #104
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
When and where are you not seeing it listed ?

Found it. Was looking under competitions for USA and Mexico and not North America.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #105
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

This is FM15, but had a play last night that made me smile.

I'm playing as Oxford City in the Vanarama Conference (so, quality of skill not high). Ball is played out from my defense over the top of the midfield and lands just in front of the opposition's back line.

Closest to the ball (but not on top of it) is one of my strikers, who was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay offside when the ball was struck. Instead of touching it, he stays where he is and lets the opposition centre back touch it.

Since this is the Vanarama Conference, one can generally assume that centre back's first touches are, well, shit. And this one is. As if he planned it, my striker takes the ball off the centre back immediately after the shit first touch, and goes through 1-on-1 and scores.

It's times like these when I wish I could give post-game discretionary bonuses. This one would be "for being too clever by half".
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:57 PM   #106
AnalBumCover
College Starter

So I just bought the game today from Steam, and the game was automatically updated to the current 16.3 database. No prior updates were installed into the game.

However the custom league that I want to use is not current to 16.3 yet, only 16.2.

Is there a way to get that 16.2 update? I can't seem to find the answer on Steam or sigames.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #107
whomario
Pro Starter

What custom league is that ? Have you tried to load it ? Most work perfectly fine with 16.3 (even if designed for 16.2), if not there is bound to be an alternative if it isn´t a total fantasy setup.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 03-23-2016, 10:01 AM   #108
AnalBumCover
College Starter

It's an alternative reality USA league (not fozzie's, sorry Foz!) that I got from SIgames forums.

Actually the message I got when loading it up is something to the effect of "number of teams vs the league/division size" So I think I just need to find that particular league/division and adjust which teams are included in it, right?
Old 03-23-2016, 10:33 AM   #109
whomario
Pro Starter

Yes, had to do that quite a few times. If you tell me which DB then i can take a look if you are not familiar with the process ? Or ask the creator via pm, they normally have a quick fix for that sort of thing.

If you are deadset on using that league and can´t get it to work, i can probably try to upload the 16.2 DB. The Folder is about 400 mb, so i´d need a service that allows to upload that amount as a zip/rar.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #110
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Yes, had to do that quite a few times. If you tell me which DB then i can take a look if you are not familiar with the process ? Or ask the creator via pm, they normally have a quick fix for that sort of thing.

If you are deadset on using that league and can´t get it to work, i can probably try to upload the 16.2 DB. The Folder is about 400 mb, so i´d need a service that allows to upload that amount as a zip/rar.

It's from this thread at SIgames.

I do have another USA league in my folder, however it is unchecked, so I dont think it's causing any interference with the league I'm choosing.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 03-23-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:48 AM   #111
whomario
Pro Starter

Unchecked league can´t cause this, yeah.

Will have a look tonight or tomorrow if i can manage.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #112
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
It's an alternative reality USA league (not fozzie's, sorry Foz!) that I got from SIgames forums.

Actually the message I got when loading it up is something to the effect of "number of teams vs the league/division size" So I think I just need to find that particular league/division and adjust which teams are included in it, right?

Old 03-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #113
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's from this thread at SIgames.

I do have another USA league in my folder, however it is unchecked, so I dont think it's causing any interference with the league I'm choosing.

could nor really find whats the issue mate, just too many changes ...
Old 03-24-2016, 11:01 PM   #114
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

If you are trying to run it with another custom league, that could be the culprit. You generally can't do that because you don't know what other things the person edited in their source file, etc., so you can't load his custom USA file and then try to load someone else's custom league file from some other country at the same time.

That's been pretty consistent across editing in other versions.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:02 PM   #115
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

In other news, suckered in FM16 this week. This is probably the first time I've bought the game because I'm legit excited about proper football and not say, just because I wanted to edit and make my own custom leagues.

Not sure what's happening to me.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:29 AM   #116
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

One of us! One of us!

I'm probably skipping '16 because I have a great '15 career (FMC) going on. But when I look at my Steam list I realize I'm going to buy '16 anyway because OCD.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #117
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
One of us! One of us!

I'm probably skipping '16 because I have a great '15 career (FMC) going on. But when I look at my Steam list I realize I'm going to buy '16 anyway because OCD.

This. I actually already bought it, but have yet to play a minute. I'll probably end up actually playing it about the time the next one is scheduled to be released.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:12 AM   #118
LaStarza61
n00b

I keep wanting to buy this game. The last version I owned was 13. What keeps me from buying 16 are reports I've read where your team will have 19 shots on goal while the computer team will have 5 shots on goal... and you'll win 1-0 or lose 2-1. Is this still happening... or has it been fixed in a patch?

Thanks!
LaStarza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:14 AM   #119
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaStarza61 View Post
your team will have 19 shots on goal while the computer team will have 5 shots on goal... and you'll win 1-0 or lose 2-1.

Heh. That's been happening since I first started playing with CM2.

Seriously, though, IMO it's not a bug. It also happens in real life.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:37 AM   #120
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Heh. That's been happening since I first started playing with CM2.

Seriously, though, IMO it's not a bug. It also happens in real life.

Yeah, shots don't mean much if they're not quality shots. Perhaps the reason the one team has less shots, yet wins is because they are working so hard to get in quality shots.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:46 AM   #121
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

This is why it's very helpful to expand the range of match stats shown on the match stats screen (there's a "customize" button for this). Knowing which shots were on target, off target, clear cut chances, half chances, blocked, woodwork, long shots, etc... can help adjust your tactic to get better shots.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:16 AM   #122
LaStarza61
n00b

From what I've read, it's always the human team that has so many more shots... and it's very consistent. I don't remember that being an issue with FM13... or did I just not notice it?
LaStarza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:25 AM   #123
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I recently had a match where I was outshot 18-3 and won 2-0.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:40 AM   #124
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I've definitely "pulled an FM" on the computer a few times, meaning I parked the bus, fended off 20+ shots and squeaked a 1-0 win on pretty much my only counter of the day.

When I read these complaints on Reddit or the SI forums (and I'm not saying you're saying this, LaStarza), it's typically from people who are playing big clubs and have never had to do the opposite (as I describe above) and so don't really understand the tactical elements behind breaking down an ultra-defensive side that can still beat you 1-0 on the counter.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:46 PM   #125
britrock88
Pro Starter

Just saw the Steam banner for the soccer sale this weekend, and FM16 is 66% off to $17.

I looked up my stats out of curiosity...
FM11: 60 hrs
FM12: 202 hrs (Salisbury!)
FM13: 28 hrs
FM14: 137 hrs

I guess my question is what has changed in the last two iterations of the game. I have plenty of LLM saves I could pick up and run with in 14...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:51 PM   #126
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Planning on snapping up Football Manager 2017 and own a previous Football Manager title?

As a ‘thank-you’ to loyal fans of the series we’ve worked with our friends at Valve to offer a Steam-only discount of 5% off for every Football Manager game owned on PC, Mac or Linux dating back to Football Manager 2013. This means there’s a possible 20% available to fans who own the last 4 versions of the game!

As well as the discount, fans who pre-purchase from Steam will also be rewarded with a range of free downloadable content for Football Manager Touch including “Board override”, “No firing”, “All job applications”, “National management”, as well as 3 brand new challenges to play in the “Challenge” game mode.

You’ll also enjoy access to a fully-playable Beta version of the game, which will be available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date.

This offer is only available to fans who pre-purchase FM17 from Steam and, to qualify for multiple discounts, previous titles must be owned within one Steam account. Multiple Steam logins cannot be used.

This pre-purchase offer is available until 11.59 GMT on Friday 14th October so be sure to get the deal wrapped-up well in advance.

FM17 Loyalty offer on Steam
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:33 AM   #127
Icy
Pro Starter

I see I have the steam versions since 2009, too bad it doesn't go that back in time for the discount. I would even scan the covers since the 1997 version that I still have stored as collection item, it was the first CM I paid for as before that I was a kid and just got the pirated versions from friends.

I have not missed a CM/FM version ever and won't ever even if I don't play them anymore in the future

I still remember the first Football Manager in an Spectrum 8k (that was not related to current FM), my first ever addiction to a video game when i was like 7 years old in 1992. My father found out i expended a whole night playing it without sleep (You couldn't save the game and i didn't want to start again) and punished me without computer for over a month. I counted the days to play it again!

Lately I'm not playing it that much obviously as i grew older and work and family take most of my time, but 2 weeks ago I took holidays and started a journeyman save with no coaching badges and no experience and I'm having a really bad "one more turn" addiction right now, playing until late at night even if I'm not having much success other than a promotion from the National League North.
Attached Images
File Type: png Captura de pantalla 2016-08-18 a las 15.19.50.png (52.9 KB, 363 views)

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:56 AM   #128
PilotMan
Head Coach

I've got every even version since CM4. My overall gaming time seems to have fallen off, but FM is always there ready to go.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:58 AM   #129
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

I started at the FM13 so that's perfect for me Wasn't really planning on getting the new version but probably will now unless I get deep into a 16 save before then.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #130
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Probably a good way to get those of us who wait until the first sale to get the game anyway. And I do appreciate them recognizing people who end up getting it every year.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #131
Easy Mac

Looking through old e-mails (since i got gmail in 2004), I own all but 2011 and 2010 for some reason.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:21 AM   #132
BillyNYC
High School JV

The last CM/FM I played was 01/02 (which even started up again last year, and still got plenty of enjoyment from).

If/when I get FM17, will I feel like SNL's Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer? "I'm just a simple CM player. Press conferences scare and confuse me!"

My 01/02 games followed a pretty standard script: I'd sim out 3-4 seasons, start with a very random team that popped into English Conference by then (Marine or Weston SuperMare or whomever). Get the joy of building them up, get into the Premiership and win trophies in 10-15 seasons or so. Then either have a decline or get bored, and take over a Man U or Barca or whomever who has somehow been relegated, but has like a $800M warchest. Then the game would start crashing around 2027-2030 and I'd curse a lot.

Hopefully new versions let me play out much further. Ideally, I like to play one game indefinitely (past 2100?).
BillyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:43 AM   #133
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Much better, and I think you want Football Manager Classic mode in FM (that gets out of the advanced stuff if you want).

and it's been very stable for folks all the way out.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:47 AM   #134
TroyF
Coordinator

FM17 release date announced. November 4th. There is a loyalty discount of 5% per year going back to 2013. If you purchased those games, you will get $10 off the price of the game. No news about features just yet.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:36 PM   #135
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

I absolutely love this promotion and hope they continue it in future years.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #136
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I was buying this game long before I actually knew anything about football or cared. Lately, I've been kind of wanting a bit of a different World Cup challenge and so, I found someone's FIFA World Championship file that creates a different World Cup that happens ever year replacing the normal World Cup, which I prefer. In this deal, every country in the world participates in a single-elimination tournament that is seeded based on world ranking until the Round of 32 then I made it random, in my version.

In his version, the matches are aggregate over two matches, I made mine entirely single-elimination because I wanted more diverse lineups/possibility of upsets and better matchups. We'll run it for a while and see what happens before I can say if that pans out, but the original way it was only the usual suspects that emerged from the field which bored me, of course.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:56 AM   #137
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's my FM16 Canadian 5-tier database. It's built on top of Sangue Blu's Canadian league, except his was broken because it had too many teams in the top division. I remade the league names, revised many of the teams including colours and injected more money into the league though not to the level of a US league.

There are a few dominant teams that should make some noise, too.

Steam Workshop :: Fictional Canadian Pyramid (5 levels)
Old 10-02-2016, 07:31 AM   #138
PilotMan
Head Coach

Ugh, I just got fired for the first time in an FM game in a long time. Never could really get the team to gel the way they needed to. It just went downhill from there. The board put a short leash on me, but they had every right, we just kept losing to everyone. Tactic didn't matter, defense was awful, strikers couldn't score. Terrible.

Like Steam?

Old 10-02-2016, 08:30 AM   #139
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I appreciate the fact that every once in a while I can get fired, but, gah, know that feeling. It's never been a surprise - usually just waiting for the noose.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:47 AM   #140
Izulde
Head Coach

Can someone tell me what this thread says: https://community.sigames.com/topic/...ntract-issues/

I'm trying to figure out WTF even my youth pulls only sign non-contracts. Evidently it has something to do with this thread, and it's starting to irritate me in my save.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:35 AM   #141
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Can someone tell me what this thread says: https://community.sigames.com/topic/...ntract-issues/

I'm trying to figure out WTF even my youth pulls only sign non-contracts. Evidently it has something to do with this thread, and it's starting to irritate me in my save.

Is the link broken?

"Sorry there is a problem. You do not have permission to view this content"
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:54 AM   #142
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Is the link broken?

"Sorry there is a problem. You do not have permission to view this content"

Yeah that thread isn't accessible it seems for some reason.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:57 AM   #143
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Yeah that thread isn't accessible it seems for some reason.

This is the first post -
'since the update semi pro teams are only able to offer non contracts and cant sign anyone from a club with a semi pro pro contract. and you can sign a player on non contract then the next day someone else will take them from you and there is nothing you can do. if there anyway at all to sort this out and its made it impossible to do a lower league or small country game.

you also cant offer your current players new deals as there on a contract and they wont discuss dropping to non contract"

This is the reason/response from SI:

Quote:
have checked out the data for Aberystwyth and it looks to be intentional for the club to only be able to offer Non Contract terms to players across different squad statuses. This data was also in place for the original FM16 DB.

If you feel that this shouldn't be the case in game then feel free to mention this in the Welsh data forum and the Welsh HR should be able to shed some further light on the issue.

Welsh Data Thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...l)-Data-Issues
]
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #144
Izulde
Head Coach

Thanks, Marc. I'm wondering if it's a league issue in the database, because I don't see any other team in the league with players signed to contracts. I do see a couple in the next league up, however.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:52 PM   #145
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'm still playing this version and I'm getting crushed. I feel as demoralized as my little players do and they are pissed at me right now. I may resign out of embarrassment. It's depressing.

Like Steam?