Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

DDS: College Football 2018 / Christmas Sale

Just wanted to pass along a heads up here - we just released DDS: College Football 2018 today. Brooks continues to push the games ahead and each one is better than the last. If you bought CF17 there's also a nice upgrade discount. Details are in our forum.

I want to stress that this community is important to us - Brooks and myself have been committed to bringing out new versions of our games now every year with each one getting better than the last and I think that is important in our niche. Maybe some here like them already, maybe you have tried them before and hoped for something different or more...whatever the case it doesn't hurt to at least try out the latest demos and see how they grab you now. With feedback and support of the community we'll keep on making these games every year and you really help drive them to become what they are so I certainly appreciate anyone who purchases our games or at the very least kicks the tires. We're really trying to build something good at Wolverine Studios and the sim community is essential in helping that happen.

We've also got everything else 20% off until Christmas if you're looking to treat yourself. Coupon code is CHRISTMAS for that.

Thanks everyone and have a very Merry Christmas!

Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:44 PM   #2
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Anybody give this a try? I downloaded the demo but didn't have much time to dig into it. It seems OK so far, but I didn't dig into the recruiting which is the most important part of a college game. I'm hesitant to spend 35 bucks on it at this point...

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Anybody give this a try? I downloaded the demo but didn't have much time to dig into it. It seems OK so far, but I didn't dig into the recruiting which is the most important part of a college game. I'm hesitant to spend 35 bucks on it at this point...

I haven't gotten too far along yet but it looks to be improved from last version. Schools are recruiting for their prestige better and lesser schools are going after 2 stars and an occasional 3 star instead of all 1 stars like last version. The regional battles make a lot more sense as well and represent what you would see in RL much better IMO.

Again, very early but definitely looks to be an upgrade right now.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
...We've also got everything else 20% off until Christmas if you're looking to treat yourself. Coupon code is CHRISTMAS for that.

Hrm... not working today, it seems. Darn, guess "until Christmas" means plug pulled 12/24?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:23 PM   #5
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Sorry if the wording was confusing. The CHRISTMAS coupon is for anything but DDSCF18. There are separate upgrade coupons for CF18 if you bought the last version.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:36 AM   #6
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

One complaint is this game is slow. I prefer to be able to knock out a few seasons in an hour.

Another thing the full screen doesn't work for me at all. The bottom part is cropped out.

Alot of potential.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:03 AM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Sorry if the wording was confusing. The CHRISTMAS coupon is for anything but DDSCF18. There are separate upgrade coupons for CF18 if you bought the last version.

No problem, my mistake. Good luck with the game.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I haven't gotten too far along yet but it looks to be improved from last version. Schools are recruiting for their prestige better and lesser schools are going after 2 stars and an occasional 3 star instead of all 1 stars like last version. The regional battles make a lot more sense as well and represent what you would see in RL much better IMO.

Again, very early but definitely looks to be an upgrade right now.

Get a dynasty thread going so I can unleash my money.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

LOL, actually just finished setting up a BYU dynasty, will start later today after my Honey Dos
Old 12-29-2017, 02:23 PM   #10
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Brooks just released an updated today for both DDS:CF and DDS:PF even adding a new feature (weather) into PF18.

Guys, I'm telling you - the work Brooks and Asger is doing is fantastic. For those of you who knew Brooks as the Pro Football Simulator guy take a look at that game and compare it to DDS:PF18 and you can see for yourself the leaps it has taken in a few short years.

The integration between the college and pro game has gotten better as well especially with the new update for both games focusing on that.

I'm telling you - just download the demos. Put in the mods, hang out in the forums a bit and get used to the games. I really, really think that if you give it some time you're going to enjoy them and Brooks is absolutely receptive to constructive feedback and you can very much play a part in shaping the future of these games even if all you do is try the demos for awhile and then put forth a must have list to make you a buyer.

Also don't forget one of the strongest features of Brooks' games are the multiplayer component. Come and join one of the many leagues that are out there or even better yet...how awesome would a FOFC DDS: College Football 2018 league be?
Old 12-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

This years version is definitely leaps above last years in terms of playability at release. I am just waiting for the RW mod to be updated (should be today or tomorrow) to start a dynasty since the patch adds UAB and Coastal Carolina.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #12
PilotMan
Head Coach

Are there many FCS level teams in the game? I mean with Coastal being in there, is NDSU in there?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #13
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
This years version is definitely leaps above last years in terms of playability at release. I am just waiting for the RW mod to be updated (should be today or tomorrow) to start a dynasty since the patch adds UAB and Coastal Carolina.

Real World Mod Released

• View topic - DDS College Football 2018 Real World Mod
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:36 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Are there many FCS level teams in the game? I mean with Coastal being in there, is NDSU in there?

No FCS teams, Coastal Carolina and UAB joined FBS this season.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:24 PM   #15
gbmoore
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
One complaint is this game is slow. I prefer to be able to knock out a few seasons in an hour.

Another thing the full screen doesn't work for me at all. The bottom part is cropped out.

Alot of potential.

Are you talking about simming through multiple seasons or actually controlling the team and getting through seasons in an hour?

I'm getting about a season per 5 minutes on the quick sim (including awards, flip and recruiting).
gbmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:33 AM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

I have made my choice, might be even tougher than UMass!
Old 12-30-2017, 11:00 AM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have made my choice, might be even tougher than UMass!

Looking forward to it!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:46 AM   #18
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmoore View Post
Are you talking about simming through multiple seasons or actually controlling the team and getting through seasons in an hour?

I'm getting about a season per 5 minutes on the quick sim (including awards, flip and recruiting).

I am controlling one school and it is a drag to get through a season.