Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #7601
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Nowhere, and I do mean nowhere, does my inner redneck come out like it does when I'm in the kitchen.

Too random a thought, more details requested!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #7602
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm just glad he didn't say it was the bedroom.

Ba-DUM bum!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-23-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #7603
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Every time I see the retarded Martinez brothers pitching for Blackberry I'm reminded about how LOL RIM has become. Who greenlit this commercial. The one little brother comes across horribly.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #7604
Ksyrup

Never seen it.

I was a big BB guy, but finally gave up on them last fall.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #7605
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Too random a thought, more details requested!

If I've got saltines, mayo, and a can of vienna sausages, I've got a meal I'm pretty happy with.

The crunchy cheese curls were a great appetizer too.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #7606
MJ4H
Coordinator

The Catfish Hole in Fayetteville, AR has the best hush puppies on the planet.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #7607
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
If I've got saltines, mayo, and a can of vienna sausages, I've got a meal I'm pretty happy with.

The crunchy cheese curls were a great appetizer too.

When I was in my deep, deep anti-carb ketosis phase I would dip vienna sausages straight in the mayo jar and count it as lunch.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #7608
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I can't remember the last time there was a groupon I even considered buying.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #7609
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I can't remember the last time there was a groupon I even considered buying.

I have yet to use one and they even offered a free $10 coupon for my first purchase.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #7610
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I have yet to use one and they even offered a free $10 coupon for my first purchase.

Same here. Maybe it's because I'm in the Bay Area, but, I really don't want an F'ing coupon to hug a tree, get an organic tofu sandwich or feed homeless pigeons. If they ever actually offer me something useful, I'd probably be so shocked that I'd forget to use it.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #7611
Suicane75
Coordinator

I've never missed a pick in any fantasy baseball draft, whether the clock was 60, 75 or 90 seconds, until last night. It's a very deflating and defeating feeling.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #7612
booradley
High School Varsity

People I Don't Miss: Part I

Ricki Lake
booradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #7613
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I've never missed a pick in any fantasy baseball draft, whether the clock was 60, 75 or 90 seconds, until last night. It's a very deflating and defeating feeling.

Here's the fun part: who did you "pick", and who would you have preferred to pick, then compare them. Good times!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #7614
Ksyrup

Anyone who contributes to the ratings of ESPN's primetime special, First Take - #TebowTakesManhattan, should lose TV privileges for a year. I might even throw in some pro bono legal services on behalf of the Muppets to sue them for plagiarism or something. Seriously. Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless? Together? I'd only watch if they took calls and it ended like this week's South Park home shopping network episode.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-23-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #7615
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Had a job interview thinking it was a temp-to-hire position and it ended up being merely project based. I guess I'll look at it as a well paying internship hoping I can get hired with the actual company somehow versus through a job service company as that's what it is.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #7616
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Ricki Lake

I went to law school with one of Ricki Lake's cousins. I think his name was Josh Lake.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #7617
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I fucking hate lent Friday food restrictions.

Last edited by stevew : 03-23-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #7618
JediKooter
Coordinator

There's a solution for that you know.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #7619
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I frigging love padded bike shorts
Old 03-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #7620
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Anyone who contributes to the ratings of ESPN's primetime special, First Take - #TebowTakesManhattan, should lose TV privileges for a year. I might even throw in some pro bono legal services on behalf of the Muppets to sue them for plagiarism or something. Seriously. Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless? Together? I'd only watch if they took calls and it ended like this week's South Park home shopping network episode.

Warnings for high wind in Bristol, CT tonight.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner

Last edited by Grover : 03-23-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: My deepest apologies to John Comey.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #7621
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
There's a solution for that you know.

Divorce?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #7622
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Divorce?

Nothing that drastic. Don't eat food with lent in it.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #7623
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Lady Vols Sweet 16 game at noon, GT women first ever Sweet 16 game at 2 ... and I'm about to head 90 minutes into the middle of nowhere for a middle school band performance. Love my kid, proud of my kid, no question about going to support my kid ... but frankly the GMEA sense of timing sucks.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #7624
Izulde
Head Coach

There's no greater feeling than finally beating a nasty boss. The one in FF13 that hung me up at my parents' house for a week had me so discouraged I didn't feel like starting over when I moved to Las Vegas a year and a half ago.

Started playing the game again last week, carefully keeping in mind this nasty boss and plotting my crystarium movement with him in mind.

Saved the game before he arrived and thought carefully about my strategy and what Paradigms I wanted to use... and I finally beat the asshole! Took me 15:48 to do it, but that really made my weekend.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #7625
Suicane75
Coordinator

When a school has a mens and womens team in the NCAA, how do they divide up the band and cheerleaders? Does each team have their own squad? I guess the question is the same for other times of year and other sports. Do they divide up one band and cheerleading squad or does each sport get their own squad?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #7626
MJ4H
Coordinator

There's a separate cheer squad for women's games. And there are plenty of band members to go around. Travels squads are usually in the 30 people range, and most bigger schools have marching hand of 200-350 people.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #7627
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Same here. Maybe it's because I'm in the Bay Area, but, I really don't want an F'ing coupon to hug a tree, get an organic tofu sandwich or feed homeless pigeons. If they ever actually offer me something useful, I'd probably be so shocked that I'd forget to use it.

My brother in law buys massive quantities of asinine coupons from Groupon. Then doesn't use them. Then, in a made rush, tries to find a time we can use them. 1 or 2 places we've gone to watch a game and have a wings or something, were OK. Nothing great. The majority are places I had no desire in going to. But IT WAS REALLY CHEAP WITH THE GROUPON!!!!!!
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #7628
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Dear Left Thumb: Eff you. You better be back to normal before PAX East. Feel free to pass your dysfnction to the left pinkie.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #7629
sabotai
General Manager

So apparently there's this nerd rage war between TMNT fanboys and Michael Bay fanboys because there's a rumor that Bay is going to make the turtles aliens.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-26-2012 at 01:22 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #7630
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
So apparently there's this nerd rage war between TMNT fanboys and Michael Bay fanboys because there's a rumor that Bay is going to make the turtles aliens.

This reminded me of the new Uncharted game for PS3. It was a smaller scale of Internet Nerd Rage, but eurogamer (I think it was eurogamer) gave the game a below the norm score. This resulted it the metascore of Uncharted being lower then what the people felt it deserved (the game had yet to be released mind you). Oh, the uproar.

I remember thinking, "Of all the shit in this world, this is what you get worked up about?" I just don't get it. So what, Michael Bay is a fucking idiot. Move on.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 03-26-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #7631
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

Well, FWIW, I don't think it is a rumor. Bay said he is going to make them aliens.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #7632
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well, FWIW, I don't think it is a rumor. Bay said he is going to make them aliens.

Which is fucked and will make sure that most true fans will boycott the movie. Hell I boycotted the other POS's but at least they were pretty much true to the story.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #7633
spleen1015
Coordinator

Bay came out and said that he has been working with the original creator of the TMNT on the story. Fans have nothing to worry about according to him.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #7634
Autumn
Head Coach

On the one hand, Michael Bay is ridiculous. On the other hand, so are teenage mutant ninja turtles. So there you go.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #7635
twothree
College Prospect

I was playing the video game Catherine yesterday for about an hour. I am early in the game, only in the third level, when I had a sudden desire to play the video game, Nier.

Now Nier is a game where I have been stuck at a boss battle in the game for a very long time. My save file has an October 2010 date. I am trapped in an area with no way out except to defeat the boss. Many times I wished I had made a save before entering this area, so that I could go level up somewhere and then come back. There is no way out and no other way to earn experience points. I also have no healing in my inventory and the boss has killed me many times.

I have thought about restarting Nier from the beginning, but I always end up trying to defeat the boss again. So, yesterday I reacquainted myself with the Game Over screen with it's continue button. When on my fourth or fifth try I destroyed the boss with just a small little fraction of health remaining (Yay!)...or so I thought. A cut scene played and while another ally joined me, I had to fight a reconfigured boss. I quickly died.

Game Over. I was about to quit when I hit the continue button by accident. Then I noticed that the game restarted not at the beginning of the boss battle, but right after the cut scene with just a fraction of health. I beat the new boss after four of five more attempts, since the boss' attack pattern was easy to figure out and avoid. Now I get to try and figure out what the heck is going on in the story again, since I actually haven't played anything that advanced the plot in over 18 months.

Oh and the connection my brain made from jumping from Catherine to Nier, the boss monster in Nier was made out of blocks. I don't believe playing the block game in Catherine helped make the boss fight in Nier easier, but... it didn't hurt my ability to recognize a pattern.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #7636
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
There's no greater feeling than finally beating a nasty boss. The one in FF13 that hung me up at my parents' house for a week had me so discouraged I didn't feel like starting over when I moved to Las Vegas a year and a half ago.

Started playing the game again last week, carefully keeping in mind this nasty boss and plotting my crystarium movement with him in mind.

Saved the game before he arrived and thought carefully about my strategy and what Paradigms I wanted to use... and I finally beat the asshole! Took me 15:48 to do it, but that really made my weekend.

A great weekend for getting revenge on old bosses was has by at least two.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #7637
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I guess I'll start posting here again for a while.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #7638
JediKooter
Coordinator

Thank you.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #7639
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Why is it long underwear is also known as "Long Johns," but regular underwear is never called "Johns."
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #7640
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

Who are you again?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #7641
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Who are you again?
Tina
Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #7642
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tina

Tina with the big fake boobies? I would go out with you again, hun, but you talk about yourself too much and didn't give me a chance to kiss you.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #7643
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Tina with the big fake boobies? I would go out with you again, hun, but you talk about yourself too much and didn't give me a chance to kiss you.
I was wondering where we went wrong.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #7644
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Doesn't that mean you're your own cousin?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #7645
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

First good news I've had all day!

/tk
Old 03-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #7646
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Also, it turns out that I have won my bracket pool. Next week's games won't make a diffenve, nobody can catch me. Woo!

/tk
Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #7647
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Doesn't that mean you're your own cousin?
My cousin is TANYA, not TINA. We are not the same, even though we share dresses.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #7648
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Why is it long underwear is also known as "Long Johns," but regular underwear is never called "Johns."

Same reason why there's a type of doughnut called Long Johns, but there's no doughnut called Johns.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #7649
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm amazed at the things people will let me do to their girlfriends in a bowling center.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #7650
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm amazed at the things people will let me do to their girlfriends in a bowling center.

I'm amazed at the things your wife let's you do to other people's girlfriends at the bowling center...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote