Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #8101
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
So I'm in line in the cafeteria here at work and one of my co-workers (female) is talking to the cashier (also female), about how the cashier likes to keep her nuts separate. I told her I couldn't agree more, but, I'm not sure we were talking about the same thing.
I'm Pumpy Tudors, and I approved this message.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #8102
JediKooter
Coordinator

I only wish Rip Taylor was there to throw confetti.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #8103
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I have conducted several more interviews since the initial one. I have not asked any other prospective interns about their shoe sizes, and things have gone well. There have been a couple of very good interviews, a couple of so-so interviews, and a couple of really bad ones. I get that these are college students who don't have much (if any) work experience, but I'm honestly shocked at how ill-prepared some of these kids are for a job interview. One kid used one-sentence answers for everything I asked him. No elaboration. No detail. Dude just didn't want to talk. I asked him very open-ended questions to get him to say something, and he just wasn't up to it. Everyone else who interviewed him dealt with the same thing. I almost punched him in the face just to give him some character (the character would be "college kid stumbling around the building with a black eye").

We interviewed for an attorney position here recently and were surprised how almost none of the candidates bothered researching anything about the job details or the people they were meeting with. They had the schedule of who they were meeting with and (I presume) access to the internet, yet didn't bother looking any of us up. Or, even more basic, bother to get an inkling about what we do (none of these people had the specific experience for our practice). If I was going to interview for a job in a specialty practice I had no experience in, I think I would have at least done a few google searches to pick up some useful and basic terminology to sound semi-competent/knowledgeable. And these were some pretty bright people with good academic backgrounds.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #8104
spleen1015
Coordinator

I remember my first job interview when I was leaving the AF. Since I was in the military, I didn't own any professional clothes. I wore a uniform every day. I didn't need to own dress clothes. I asked the interviewer there there would be a signing bonus because I need to buy clothes to work in and she told me that there wouldn't be one and what kind of person didn't have church clothes?

Needless to say, I didn't work there.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #8105
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Vegas is amazingly ugly in the daytime.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #8106
Suicane75
Coordinator

That's why the sun don't rise.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #8107
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post

I wouldn't know, I never go outside when I am in Vegas.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #8108
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I wouldn't know, I never go outside when I am in Vegas.

at least during the hours of 6am-6pm
Old 05-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #8109
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
...and what kind of person didn't have church clothes?

One who signed up to fight and risk his life for you to go to any church you want to.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #8110
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

The book club I'm in recently joined Felicia Day's "network" and a gazillion new members have joined. The new members are useless wastes of time. Further, now the book club has gone to a faster "more regular" schedule which I have no time for.

I'm supremely annoyed....it WAS a good book club.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #8111
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I remember my first job interview when I was leaving the AF. Since I was in the military, I didn't own any professional clothes. I wore a uniform every day. I didn't need to own dress clothes. I asked the interviewer there there would be a signing bonus because I need to buy clothes to work in and she told me that there wouldn't be one and what kind of person didn't have church clothes?

Needless to say, I didn't work there.

I think it's more surprising you were in the military and couldn't afford dress clothes to get you started.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #8112
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I think it's more surprising you were in the military and couldn't afford dress clothes to get you started.

It doesn't pay as well as the movies make it seem.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 05-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #8113
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

I'll admit that I wasn't very responsible when I was young, especially with money. Given that, I only made $16,000 in 1998, my last full year in the AF.

I got out solely because my income increased by 350%.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #8114
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Paying a hefty speeding ticket sucks.

Paying a hefty speeding ticket to a very cute clerk showing nice cleavage at the court makes paying the hefty speeding ticket suck less. At least for a little while.

Hey, gotta take what good from the bad that you can.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #8115
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I got pulled over and yelled at by a hot lady cop once. Boy was I conflicted.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #8116
JediKooter
Coordinator

Two things...

1. I really dislike lemon flavored cookies.
2. They taste even worse when they are vegan lemon flavored cookies.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #8117
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Paying a hefty speeding ticket sucks.

Paying a hefty speeding ticket to a very cute clerk showing nice cleavage at the court makes paying the hefty speeding ticket suck less. At least for a little while.

Hey, gotta take what good from the bad that you can.

Did you stick the check in the cleavage?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #8118
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, last night I was pretty much out of it (coming off pain pills and the withdrawl cravings were driving me nuts), so to try to pass the time while I waited to fall asleep, I came across a show on Spike TV called "Repo Games"

The premise is simple, they show up to reposess your car (if you have delinquent payments etcetera), and if you get three of five questions right, they give you your car back (and pay off any loans, etcetera). Fail to get three right, and they drive off with your vehicle. After watching people on this show, I fear for the future of humanity. Then I fear for myself, that I watched this gar-bage for half an hour without changing the channel
Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #8119
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post

Depends on the part of the city. UNLV's campus isn't bad at all, but yeah, there's some ugly, ugly places round town. And if you hate strip malls, you'll hate non-Strip Vegas.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #8120
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Blue Moon is like the most underrated ice cream flavor ever. It's childhood nostalgia in a bowl.

It's awesome. I love Blue Moon ice cream.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #8121
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've never heard of it. Does it taste like cheap Belgian wheat?

Old 05-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #8122
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My wife went out for dinner with a friend and I would really like to go lay in bed and read while I wait for her to get home, problem is I left my kindle in the car she took.

Damn.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 AM   #8123
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Then I fear for myself, that I watched this gar-bage for half an hour without changing the channel

Everyone gets a free pass for what they watch when sick like that, you're just looking for SOMETHING to get lost in, pretty much anything will do. And sometimes you discover something good.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #8124
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
It's awesome. I love Blue Moon ice cream.

Of all the ice cream I've had nothing beats Amy's Ice Cream in Austin. Nothing.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #8125
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

I do know this was probably the best ice cream I have ever had...

http://www.bluebell.com/the_little_c..._tiramisu.html
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #8126
Dutch
"Dutch"

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.”

- George Carlin
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #8127
Suicane75
Coordinator

My windows are minimizing and maximizing weirdly lately. More drag to them going down and coming up. It's like a setting changed but I didn't change anything. Or maybe it's all my mind, but it's weirding me out.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #8128
molson
General Manager

I miss newspapers. Especially the Sunday sports section - you never had any idea what crazy rumors or quotes or stories would be in there when it showed up on your porch, and you just devoured it all at once. Now I just know everything immediately. And I couldn't even replicate the old days if I wanted to, because the newspaper isn't written the same, they know the only time anyone looks at them are possibly when they're on the shitter or they're waiting at a coffee shop or an airport, and you already know everything that's in there.

Last edited by molson : 05-03-2012 at 10:00 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #8129
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My wife went out for dinner with a friend and I would really like to go lay in bed and read while I wait for her to get home, problem is I left my kindle in the car she took.

Damn.

I realize that the presence of the Kindle in your life probably means you don't have any actual paper books worth reading, but to me this reads like you said "I can't watch TV cuz I lost the remote."

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #8130
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

As usual, I drew a cheering section at the bowling center last night. Half a dozen college girls of varying levels of sobriety. They started getting a little rowdy, and I started asking the staff at the bowling center if they would "back these white women up off me." Instead of complying with my request, they laughed at me. I had to take matters into my own hands and tell the most drunk of the girls that I was not going to allow her to throw a bowling ball on my lane. She got mad, stormed off, and took her friends with her. Mission accomplished.

Of course, now I'm getting paranoid. These girls go to the school where my wife teaches, and they know who she is. They may spread nasty rumors about me because I didn't let one of them bowl on my lane. Help.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #8131
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

#pumpyproblems
Old 05-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #8132
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As usual, I drew a cheering section at the bowling center last night. Half a dozen college girls of varying levels of sobriety. They started getting a little rowdy, and I started asking the staff at the bowling center if they would "back these white women up off me." Instead of complying with my request, they laughed at me. I had to take matters into my own hands and tell the most drunk of the girls that I was not going to allow her to throw a bowling ball on my lane. She got mad, stormed off, and took her friends with her. Mission accomplished.

Of course, now I'm getting paranoid. These girls go to the school where my wife teaches, and they know who she is. They may spread nasty rumors about me because I didn't let one of them bowl on my lane. Help.

Easy solution. Sleep with them.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #8133
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Easy solution. Sleep with them.
My wife would bitch slap me with her hair if I tried that. At one point, though, I almost slept with one of them against my will. She got really touchy feely with me just because I almost converted a 6-7-10 split. Ugh.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #8134
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I miss newspapers. Especially the Sunday sports section - you never had any idea what crazy rumors or quotes or stories would be in there when it showed up on your porch, and you just devoured it all at once. Now I just know everything immediately. And I couldn't even replicate the old days if I wanted to, because the newspaper isn't written the same, they know the only time anyone looks at them are possibly when they're on the shitter or they're waiting at a coffee shop or an airport, and you already know everything that's in there.

When I worked in downtown, for about 12 years, and took the trolley in everyday, I got the paper and read a good bit of it on my commute. Granted at the start of that period, 1999, that was still the only real medium for news.

I only get a paper Friday-Sunday now that I have a 20 minute, suburban commute. Friday I pick the paper up in the driveway, throw it in the car, and toss it when I get home, because I never read it at work. But still love getting a cup of coffee after church on a Sunday morning and sitting down for an hour with the paper.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #8135
Grover
Pro Starter

Remind me to never go watch Pumpy bowl, lest I be worked into some sort of weird bowling arousal by his talent.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #8136
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
My wife would bitch slap me with her hair if I tried that. At one point, though, I almost slept with one of them against my will. She got really touchy feely with me just because I almost converted a 6-7-10 split. Ugh.

Funny, I don't remember your wife's hair being that hard.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #8137
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Funny, I don't remember your wife's hair being that hard.
She is one nappy-headed ho.

(DISCLAIMER: MY WIFE IS WHITE SO THIS COMMENT WAS NOT RACIST)
Old 05-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #8138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I realize that the presence of the Kindle in your life probably means you don't have any actual paper books worth reading, but to me this reads like you said "I can't watch TV cuz I lost the remote."

I'm not really sure how you make that leap.

I guess I should have said the specific book I would like to read is on my Kindle.

and FWIW your quote reads like "Get off my lawn!"
Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #8139
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
She is one nappy-headed ho.

(DISCLAIMER: MY WIFE IS WHITE SO THIS COMMENT WAS NOT RACIST)

Whatever you say, Pumpy Imus

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #8140
Masked
College Starter

Quote:

Damn.

What about using the Kindle app for your phone (assuming you have a smartphone)?
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #8141
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

I get the local paper here Thursday, Friday and Sunday. I still read it on those days. I enjoy sitting on the couch, reading the paper and drinking coffee with my dog in my lap. Though once I am done with the paper, I usually hit my iPhone and check out a few sites as well.

Still, I prefer the days with a paper to the days without it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #8142
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I would like to add a better story from last night's visit to the bowling center. I've gotten to know a guy - I guess he's about 20 or so - who just started taking bowling seriously. He comes down about twice a week with his cousin to practice. He still has a ton to learn, but we've started connecting and I've been teaching him the game. This has been going on for about 2 or 3 months now. Last night, his father came down to hang out and watch the youngsters bowl. The kid called me over and excitedly introduced me to his dad. Apparently, he's been telling his dad a lot of things about me, and the dad is truly appreciative of the time and effort I've put in to help his son enjoy the sport. The kid is joining one of my leagues this summer, and he's really excited about his first league experience.

I deal with a lot of stuff during my bowling time, good and bad, but it's honestly fulfiling to be a mentor to newcomers. This isn't a new experience for me - quite a few of my "students" have told their parents and friends about me - but it's still great every time someone shows their appreciation.

I truly hope that every bowler who learns from me becomes better than I am. I averaged 210 this season, and I want all of them to average 211 or more. I've bowled 11 strikes in a game five times, and I want all of them to get 12 strikes in a game five times. I get molested by at least one college girl a month, and I want all of these bowlers to get molested by at least three college girls a week.

This is why I bowl.

I also bowl because I get cheap Mountain Dew and a lot of free games.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 05-03-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #8143
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I would like to add a better story from last night's visit to the bowling center. I've gotten to know a guy - I guess he's about 20 or so - who just started taking bowling seriously. He comes down about twice a week with his cousin to practice. He still has a ton to learn, but we've started connecting and I've been teaching him the game. This has been going on for about 2 or 3 months now. Last night, his father came down to hang out and watch the youngsters bowl. The kid called me over and excitedly introduced me to his dad. Apparently, he's been telling his dad a lot of things about me, and the dad is truly appreciative of the time and effort I've put in to help his son enjoy the sport. The kid is joining one of my leagues this summer, and he's really excited about his first league experience.

I deal with a lot of stuff during my bowling time, good and bad, but it's honestly fulfiling to be a mentor to newcomers. This isn't a new experience for me - quite a few of my "students" have told their parents and friends about me - but it's still great every time someone shows their appreciation.

I truly hope that every bowler who learns from me becomes better than I am. I averaged 210 this season, and I want all of them to average 211 or more. I've bowled 11 strikes in a game five times, and I want all of them to get 12 strikes in a game five times. I get molested by at least one college girl a month, and I want all of these bowlers to get molested by at least three college girls a week.

This is why I bowl.

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #8144
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

This is why I bowl.

Wait, what? People take bowling seriously?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #8145
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Wait, what? People take bowling seriously?
wow rude imo
Old 05-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #8146
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
What about using the Kindle app for your phone (assuming you have a smartphone)?

I'm intrigued...
Old 05-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #8147
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I guess I should have said the specific book I would like to read is on my Kindle.

I was thinking feeble old man who doesn't know what these new found Kindle things-ma-jigs are. Close enough .

Old 05-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #8148
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Cut your hair, you hippie!

Old 05-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #8149
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

Blue Moon is a flavor and not a brand. It's mostly a Great Lakes Midwest area thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Moon_(ice_cream)

Last edited by Matthean : 05-03-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #8150
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
It's pretty much exclusively a Great Lakes Midwest area thing.

I had no idea -- I thought that it was known all over.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote