Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #501
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

With the votes 3-1 at one point dt puts a second vote onto cf. This is a good spot for a wolf to look good. Boo makes it 3-3 before cf and brit make it 5-3. Then I made the switch after chief made it 5-4. I will admit I folded under pressure cr and wanted to ensure a non-tie situation. Perhaps I could have waited another ten minutes before doing that but still...

I still don't have much clue on where to go.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #502
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Glad we are getting some good discussion on what will be the last day if I die as we will not get a blocked nk. 3-3 and wolves win at that point.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #503
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
With the votes 3-1 at one point dt puts a second vote onto cf. This is a good spot for a wolf to look good. Boo makes it 3-3 before cf and brit make it 5-3. Then I made the switch after chief made it 5-4. I will admit I folded under pressure cr and wanted to ensure a non-tie situation. Perhaps I could have waited another ten minutes before doing that but still...

I still don't have much clue on where to go.

Putting a second vote onto CF would be a horrible wolf-play at that point if I was a wolf (which I'm not). The smart wolf play would be to not lay a vote there, or to lay a vote onto any of the other candidates to put them up ahead of my supposed fellow wolf. There were like 3 people with one vote at that point.

I put my vote on CF early and elevated him into the discussion as a legitimate candidate and I kept it there, unlike you, who switched around late (and early too). That's not a wolfish play by me.

Too bad I have things to do this afternoon and can't sit around and discuss this all day (work meeting and then hopefully some Xmas shopping during which I'll try to pop on a bit).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #504
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
I've got my vote currently on chief. Probably just a reactionary vote last night. I'm not good at analyzing vote records but if I had to guess I'd bet that we had one wolf on cf and two on boo. Dt and cr are the two left that were on cf. The odds are the same on either one. 2 of 4 on boo. But that leaves simbo all by himself. Not wanting to stick his neck out and change the vote. He may be as good as any also.

Had to get to sleep early to work the desk for another hotel in the area's x-mas party tonight (switching from night shift to afternoon). Went to bed around 4 so I didn't get to see where the wagons were rolling. I'm 95% sure that all 3 wolves and the cultist were on boo, Suicane's dead and I'm pretty sure I trust britrock.

I see this as an attempt to get the bodyguard to counter reveal. I don't think that's the right move as long as everyone's pretty sure mau is full of it, which is where I'm at.

If people would rather go to CrimsonFox, I'd be all for that too.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #505
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not sure why I am option. I am parr of the village. If I die and wolves get nk. Game fucking over.

Sheep.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #506
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

The wolves would not all go in on boo. The cultist was likely the other. Two wolves me and cultist and one other villager.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #507
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Back from a short three hour trip. Getting caught up, but for now, I'm going to follow our revealed bg with no counter reveal.

Vote Chief Rum

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #508
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

TO give mor einfo, follow because he makes some sense in sevearl places and posts.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #509
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Had to get to sleep early to work the desk for another hotel in the area's x-mas party tonight (switching from night shift to afternoon). Went to bed around 4 so I didn't get to see where the wagons were rolling. I'm 95% sure that all 3 wolves and the cultist were on boo, Suicane's dead and I'm pretty sure I trust britrock.

I see this as an attempt to get the bodyguard to counter reveal. I don't think that's the right move as long as everyone's pretty sure mau is full of it, which is where I'm at.

If people would rather go to CrimsonFox, I'd be all for that too.

I'm with you 100% of the way. At this point, I'm afraid mau is the cultist, trying to draw our attention to him so that we lynch a villager, the wolves get a NK (if the real BG is unsuccessful), and the game ends.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #510
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It has been a few hours now since mauboy1 revealed, and no one has countered, so it appears to me he is telling the truth. If he was faking, in an end game situation, the real BG would have great incentive to reveal to get him, while the wolves in this game have pretty much no incentive to reveal, because we have no idea who they are.

UNVOTE MAUBOY1

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #511
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm just a vanilla villager. The wolves have no reason to step out right now and make a scene, nor did they last night. As a wolf, why would I attract attention--post lynch deadline I might add--by making a big deal about mauboy1's vote switch? That makes no sense.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #512
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If I'm the cultist and u kill me the game is over. No point to kill me period. Unless I'm a wolf which I am not.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #513
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's important to get a wolf into this vote, because it's 4-4 now with respect to allegiances. The cultist would vote with the wolves to lynch the non-wolf candidate. And every villager would have to vote the wolf. Which means the best we can hope for today is likely a tie.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #514
britrock88
Pro Starter

One thing I'm hung up on is why mau (or any BG who revealed) would lay out who they protected in a situation where the village's backs are against the wall. Why give the wolves any extra information as to whom the BG trusts, or whom the BG is able/unable to protect tonight?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #515
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I'm the cultist and u kill me the game is over. No point to kill me period. Unless I'm a wolf which I am not.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is really questioning that you're the BG at this point.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #516
britrock88
Pro Starter

Except for me and Simbo.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #517
britrock88
Pro Starter

We have 2 to 2, with Abe and mau on CR and Simbo and I on mau.

Simbo, what do you want to do?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #518
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
One thing I'm hung up on is why mau (or any BG who revealed) would lay out who they protected in a situation where the village's backs are against the wall. Why give the wolves any extra information as to whom the BG trusts, or whom the BG is able/unable to protect tonight?

I'm going to chalk that one to mau being mau. He wanted to show that he was the BG by noting who he protected. It's a shame he told the wolves who he protected last night, though.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #519
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Except for me and Simbo.

I am pretty sure he is the BG. If he isn't, the real BG would have come out by now. Any reveal by a BG now would be very suspicious. The BG would have come out shortly after mau revealed.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #520
britrock88
Pro Starter

I'll disagree with Simbo on one thing -- I think CR is a baddy and somebody else who was on Boo (maybe Abe?) is a villager. Which leads me to wonder how to figure out who's a wolf and who's the cultist.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #521
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll disagree with Simbo on one thing -- I think CR is a baddy and somebody else who was on Boo (maybe Abe?) is a villager. Which leads me to wonder how to figure out who's a wolf and who's the cultist.

If I am a wolf or even a cultist, what is my incentive to make a big deal about mau's vote post deadline?

Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #522
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

unvote cr
Vote crimson

The votes stayed solidly in position all evening until I made the switch at the end. I gotta believe we have something with cf.

I'm as stuck as everyone is.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #523
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
If I am a wolf or even a cultist, what is my incentive to make a big deal about mau's vote post deadline?

To confuse the village as to who's whom...
Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #524
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

unvote cr
Vote crimson
Old 12-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #525
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry for the double post on the vote.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #526
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm with you 100% of the way. At this point, I'm afraid mau is the cultist, trying to draw our attention to him so that we lynch a villager, the wolves get a NK (if the real BG is unsuccessful), and the game ends.

This is really dumb.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #527
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And incriminating.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #528
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I have thought all along that there is a veteran behind the scenes pulling all the strings. Do we really think that the wolves got extremely lucky by basically betting a 1.000 with their night kills? I doubt that. Something tipped them off about spleen and sucaine. Sucaine especially makes no sense because he had been quiet almost the entire game.

And then I got to wondering, why is Chief Rum still alive? I mean, typically the veterans are killed pretty early on. But he is still around.

I think this CR/mauboy thing is a pretty good attempt an confusing the hell out of the village. Both have voted for each other and already retracted them. Plus the might get the benefit of getting the real body guard to come out and make their kill easier tonight.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 12-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #529
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #530
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

So you don't believe my reveal ?
Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #531
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So you don't believe my reveal ?

No. Because I don't think the real bg would reveal who he protected last night. If we vote off a villager today, we are done because the wolves are just going to kill me with no chance of a block.

It just convenient that you and CR got each in others face in the early in the day (in WW terms), but now have already backed down and are probably going to pin your vote on someone like CF.

That sounds like a typical wolf end game of confuse the hell out of everyone by making a fake reveal.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #532
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

This about my thirtieth game of werewolf. If it needs to seriously be clarified that I would not give my n3 target up while risking myself thus ending the game if we do miss a wolf with our vote...

I can only be so sly to throw off the wolves.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #533
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

My n3 block may or may not be true...in other words.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #534
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Its probably more than 30 games... I don't know.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #535
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My n3 block may or may not be true...in other words.

So you are admitting that you provided false information about your reveal? You keep getting caught up in this web of lies. What would be the point, if you were the real bg, of coming out and saying I protected so and so?

I don't see anyway that you are the real bg here.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #536
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If the information isn't pertinent either way what's your problem?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #537
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I originally only said that I was bg..that was it. I took some extra time to think about whether or not to reveal then decided to put together my first two nights that I protected and left the third up to the imagination of the wolves.

I'm not sure why you're so adamant. But okay.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #538
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If I'm the cultist and the votes are on me I would sacrifice myself to die because the wolves would likely win in that scenario. As I've mentioned miltiple times now if we lynch a villager this game iiisssss oooooveeeerrrrrr.. slo mo for you.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #539
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I originally only said that I was bg..that was it. I took some extra time to think about whether or not to reveal then decided to put together my first two nights that I protected and left the third up to the imagination of the wolves.

I'm not sure why you're so adamant. But okay.

I am just trying to put two and two together to see if I buy your statement, which I just don't. It looked like it was going to be a run away of votes on you and then all the sudden you come up with this super reveal that your the bg.

Then you tell us who you protected and then your retract that information back.

I am keeping my vote on CR on the off-chance that you are not telling some sort of crazy story.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #540
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
If I'm the cultist and the votes are on me I would sacrifice myself to die because the wolves would likely win in that scenario.

...so you're trying to fool us by being obnoxious enough that we might think you're a wolf instead of the cultist. Good luck with it.

UNVOTE mauboy1
VOTE Chief Rum
Old 12-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #541
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I never retracted any statement. The n3 block is an important bit of info.

Now brit rock is being adamant too. Sheesh.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #542
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I love this game. It gets me riled up and excited at the same time.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #543
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't think either GE or britrock are making the logical decisions here. Since I know they're not dumb, I have to think they're in league with one another.

I also was leaning toward CF, so mau going there makes me feel better about it. I'm pretty much certain mau is who he says he is.

VOTE CRIMSON FOX

Old 12-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #544
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't think either GE or britrock are making the logical decisions here. Since I know they're not dumb, I have to think they're in league with one another.

I also was leaning toward CF, so mau going there makes me feel better about it. I'm pretty much certain mau is who he says he is.

VOTE CRIMSON FOX

In league... as villagers!

The only beef I have with you, CR, is that you believe mau's reveal.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #545
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

While mauboy's reveal and subsequent behavior are admittedly a bit...erratic...I'm not convinced it's wolfish. Not without a counter-reveal.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #546
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just to make sure we are all clear...

I. Am. Not. The. Bodyguard.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #547
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

VOTE CRIMSON FOX

Quote for truth.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #548
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I am 85% sure that Brit is the cultist. I am only about 50/50 on GE at this point. I won't be voting him just yet until voting finalizes tonight.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #549
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

unvote mauboy1
vote crimson fox

at work so it'll be tough for me to be on too much. I'm betting the wolves are waiting for as close to deadline as possible to spring whatever plan they have on us.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #550
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

VOTE CRIMSON FOX

And now the transformation is complete as Chief and mau have backed off each other entirely and pinned their votes on CF.

I think the logical choice here is to vote for you. It is all just a bit too coincidental that you mau had this blow up, went in different directions, and now have pinned your vote back on square one.