Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2023, 06:23 PM   #301
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm thinking he'll find a way to delay the trial/verdicts after election. Rallying cry for his troops.

I think it's 99% that he'll try a blanket pardon for himself if he gets elected. Then the fun really begins.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-01-2023 at 06:24 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:24 PM   #302
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That would require him to be elected, and if that happens, him pardoning himself is the least of our worries...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:26 PM   #303
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
So what is the likelihood he stalks all these trials and /or gets convicted in a few then gets elected and pardons himself. I am starting to think he cosnsiders a way to get votes on the right. The first NY Times poll came out today and Biden Trump were each at 43 % with 14 % saying they will either vote 3rd party or still not decided. Geez our the Democrats going to screw this up ?

Have you met the Bernie Bros? And don't get me started on the far left, conspiracy minded, health focused, q-adjacent dems.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 08-01-2023 at 06:31 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:50 PM   #304
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'd actually be quite interested in getting you started on them. It would be a nice diversion from the usual topics .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSyrup
That would require him to be elected, and if that happens, him pardoning himself is the least of our worries...

Yup. The American people have been on record for decades as not thinking being guilty of felonies should prevent somebody from being President. But if they elect Trump after everything he's said and done, it'll just be a worse version of the T-shirt that went around after he was elected the first time: 'Donald Trump is President. Who gives a $@*&'. I know it definitely changed my perspective on what is possible in the United States, and not in a good way.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-01-2023 at 06:53 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:48 PM   #305
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Have you met the Bernie Bros? And don't get me started on the far left, conspiracy minded, health focused, q-adjacent dems.

Can't figure out why people aren't excited to vote for the dementia riddled 80 year old who has been on the wrong side of every major issue over the past 4 decades.

Blame everyone but the people who wanted Biden.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:50 PM   #306
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Dementia riddled is such horseshit. He's old, but there's no indication that he isn't mentally sharp.
Old 08-01-2023, 09:41 PM   #307
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Dementia riddled is such horseshit. He's old, but there's no indication that he isn't mentally sharp.

The fact they're terrified to have him interviewed or give press conferences is a pretty good indication. He's 80 years old. No one is mentally sharp at that age. Especially someone who was never known for his mental sharpness when he was young.

I just think these excuses are lame. The party chose to strap their hopes and dreams to him. Don't blame others if he hasn't inspired enough people to vote for him in 2024. Only so many times you can run on "well the other guy is worse".

The party should have had some younger candidates lined up in 2024. Especially if their plan was to have Biden do nothing for 4 years.

Last edited by RainMaker : 08-01-2023 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-01-2023, 09:46 PM   #308
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Can't figure out why people aren't excited to vote for the dementia riddled 80 year old who has been on the wrong side of every major issue over the past 4 decades.

Blame everyone but the people who wanted Biden.

We wouldn't be in this situation if the Bernie Bros could have pulled their collective heads out of their asses long enough to realize that 2016 was all about the Supreme Court and not Hillary. But they weren't smart enough to see that.

Like Steam?

Old 08-01-2023, 09:54 PM   #309
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
We wouldn't be in this situation if the Bernie Bros could have pulled their collective heads out of their asses long enough to realize that 2016 was all about the Supreme Court and not Hillary. But they weren't smart enough to see that.

Hillary lost because she is one of the most unlikable politicians in the country that ran one of the dumbest campaigns in history. Again, blaming everyone but the shitty politicians these parties desperately wanted as their candidate.
Old 08-01-2023, 09:58 PM   #310
PilotMan
Head Coach

Had nothing to do with that 20+ year attack from the right on her. Nothing at all. I didn't like her, don't like Biden, but you look at the end game, and if you're clutching your pearls because you are making a political point, in spite of yourself, you're losing and you're whining about the party, when the voters made the choices.

Like Steam?

Old 08-01-2023, 10:00 PM   #311
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I've lost track. How many idictments is that
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 10:05 PM   #312
Edward64
Head Coach

Trifecta aka 3
Old 08-01-2023, 10:09 PM   #313
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Had nothing to do with that 20+ year attack from the right on her. Nothing at all. I didn't like her, don't like Biden, but you look at the end game, and if you're clutching your pearls because you are making a political point, in spite of yourself, you're losing and you're whining about the party, when the voters made the choices.

If the election is so important as you and others say, why run someone who is such a liability? Why run someone who has a 20+ year record of negative attacks against her? Why spend the past few decades fighting harder against progressives in your own party than Republicans (and expecting those progressives to vote for you)?

It's the same shit with Biden in 2024. We're going to hear about how this election is for the future of our democracy but the party just couldn't be bothered to run a better candidate for this supposedly important race.

If the party doesn't give a shit, why should voters?
Old 08-01-2023, 10:38 PM   #314
RainMaker
General Manager

Reading that indictment, I have to assume co-conspirator 4 is going to be arrested. Has anyone broke down which person is which co-conspirator?
Old 08-01-2023, 10:49 PM   #315
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Trifecta aka 3

I thought three was a turkey
Old 08-01-2023, 11:43 PM   #316
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Reading that indictment, I have to assume co-conspirator 4 is going to be arrested. Has anyone broke down which person is which co-conspirator?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Trum...y?id=101919066

Like Steam?

Old 08-02-2023, 12:25 AM   #317
RainMaker
General Manager

So this trial is in DC with a judge not appointed by Trump. In fact, a judge who has been quite harsh on the J6 defendants and gone above prosecution sentencing requests. DC juries have also convicted every single person that took it to trial. I have to admit that I think there is a possibility this man goes to prison (or more likely house arrest).

In fact, Biden's best campaign strategy might be that voting him in again means you get to see Trump go to prison. I know people will complain about delays, but that might be the motivation to surpass even turnout in 2020.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:53 AM   #318
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think there are that many people who care. Last poll I saw (July 6, Politico) has only a third of independents who think Trump should be indicted if he is convicted. That may have changed some with additional charges since then, but a similar number said a conviction would have no impact on their decision of whether to support his candidacy, and amusingly similar numbers of Republicans and Democrats said the same - presumably because they've already decided and wouldn't be moved by anything.

Still, I don't think this an issue that a massive amount of people care about. Enough to make a difference in the election? Sure, and I definitely hope so. But not a 'I wasn't going to vote, but I will to see him rot in jail' surge.
Old 08-02-2023, 07:56 AM   #319
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Last poll I saw (July 6, Politico) has only a third of independents who think Trump should be indicted if he is convicted.

What does this mean? Isn't it normally someone gets indicted first, then trial, and then convicted?
Old 08-02-2023, 07:58 AM   #320
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I assume he meant imprisoned
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 08:00 AM   #321
Edward64
Head Coach

Ah. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2023, 08:00 AM   #322
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
If the election is so important as you and others say, why run someone who is such a liability? Why run someone who has a 20+ year record of negative attacks against her? Why spend the past few decades fighting harder against progressives in your own party than Republicans (and expecting those progressives to vote for you)?

It's the same shit with Biden in 2024. We're going to hear about how this election is for the future of our democracy but the party just couldn't be bothered to run a better candidate for this supposedly important race.

If the party doesn't give a shit, why should voters?

The problem I see, is that it's all culture war. Both sides have determined spotlighting wedge issues works better than actually governing, it keeps them in power and the donation money flowing. Actually governing/legislating leads to divisiveness and openings for losing ones job.

Link below, shows how many are very wealthy and thus drive all issues towards the rich while blockading anything that would support the common or poor person.

https://rollcall.com/2018/03/02/ever...-in-one-chart/

Average age of members of congress is 58, it's an old man's game because power is held by the old and rich.

Age of Members of 118th Congress (& Averages) | FiscalNote.

New blood is never going to rise to the top, only the divisive who spout shit everyday get the spotlight. The quiet ones who actually govern/legislate will quickly be dropped for the hot take of the minute assholes.

Now the Republicans want to disrupt/destroy local politics and then their stranglehold will be complete.

Good times for everyone!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 08:41 AM   #323
Edward64
Head Coach

Yup, it'll be a cluster if Trump gets re-elected.

Could Donald Trump serve as president if convicted? | CNN Politics
Quote:
Donald Trump has been indicted on federal charges related to 2020 election subversion, a stunning third time this year that the former president has faced criminal charges.

But could the former president, who remains the front-runner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, assume the Oval Office again if convicted of the alleged crimes? In short, yes.

University of California, Los Angeles law professor Richard L. Hasen – one of the country’s leading experts on election law – said Trump still has a path to serving as president should he win reelection in 2024.

“The Constitution has very few requirements to serve as President, such as being at least 35 years of age. It does not bar anyone indicted, or convicted, or even serving jail time, from running as president and winning the presidency,” he said in an email to CNN.

Could a president serve from prison? That’s less clear.

“How someone would serve as president from prison is a happily untested question,” Hasen said.
Quote:
If Trump were to be convicted before the 2024 election and win the contest, he could try to grant himself a pardon, according to Hasen.

“Whether he can do so is untested. The Supreme Court may have to weigh in,
” Hasen said, adding that Trump could potentially appeal a conviction to the conservative Supreme Court.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:08 AM   #324
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yes , which is why I see the SC totally allowing him or another Republican president to pardon him in the end. Best case is under Trump we have an Autocracy like Turkey/ Hungary and worse case the beginning of the Fourth Reich.

I agree the D party needs to get younger and we need to have more parties that are actually relevant. I think 4 parties and two can join to create a coalition type governing model. But, if we have people voting 3rd party or staying home because they aren’t getting what they want that is a bad decision. I am a white hetero former US veteran male corporate VP they aren’t coming for me the day Trump declares himself King. I am amazed at the people who have every reason to stop another Trump presidency yet are not on board to vote against him.

Republican friends always say and they are right that the Rs can always count on the Dems breaking up and fighting against each other. They do join under the one nominee it seems better than us. Make no mistake the 2016 election never ended.

Last edited by Galaril : 08-02-2023 at 09:21 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:25 AM   #325
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Well, they could impeach him and remove him from office....

Wait a second..
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 10:59 AM   #326
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
So this trial is in DC with a judge not appointed by Trump. In fact, a judge who has been quite harsh on the J6 defendants and gone above prosecution sentencing requests. DC juries have also convicted every single person that took it to trial. I have to admit that I think there is a possibility this man goes to prison (or more likely house arrest).

In fact, Biden's best campaign strategy might be that voting him in again means you get to see Trump go to prison. I know people will complain about delays, but that might be the motivation to surpass even turnout in 2020.

Jack Smith landed the perfect judge for this. She wasn't appointed by Trump, she's been very tough on J6 defendents, but hasn't directed any attacks at Trump during sentencing.

This is also the judge that ruled against Trump when the House was trying to access his white house records as part of the J6 hearings by basically saying "a president is not king and you are no longer president."
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 02:40 PM   #327
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Pence is not having it:
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 02:43 PM   #328
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I did not have Mike Pence as the Republican who was going to grow balls on this issue.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:51 PM   #329
Edward64
Head Coach

That's a beautiful quote "gaggle of crackpot lawyers".
Old 08-02-2023, 03:15 PM   #330
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I did not have Mike Pence as the Republican who was going to grow balls on this issue.

I just read the other day that he is in danger of not even making the debate stage. He may be in "ah well, fuck it" territory like Chris Christie.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-02-2023, 03:47 PM   #331
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yes , which is why I see the SC totally allowing him or another Republican president to pardon him in the end. Best case is under Trump we have an Autocracy like Turkey/ Hungary. Worse case the beginning of the fourth Reich.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:40 PM   #332
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Would have been nice if he did that on January 6th. Instead he supported the guy for years until it became socially acceptable for him to not.
Old 08-03-2023, 03:56 PM   #333
Thomkal
Head Coach

Finally he is being held accountable for his actions on Jan 6
Old 08-03-2023, 04:02 PM   #334
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Finally he is being held accountable for his actions on Jan 6

yeah. Not really.

If anything this will help him and his rubes are footing the bill.

Accountability will only come in the form of an actual conviction and jail time.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 04:16 PM   #335
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
yeah. Not really.

If anything this will help him and his rubes are footing the bill.

Accountability will only come in the form of an actual conviction and jail time.

Correct me I'm wrong though Lathum-you did not think that even this day would happen right? We are now in the process to that accountability which we could not say until today
Old 08-03-2023, 04:25 PM   #336
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Correct me I'm wrong though Lathum-you did not think that even this day would happen right? We are now in the process to that accountability which we could not say until today

Not sure I ever said he won't be indicted, but I definitely said he will never see a jail cell and I stand by this. He is already receiving insanely preferential treatment. Anyone else, literally anyone, who possessed even ONE of the documents he had, let alone 100s, would be locked up in a cell pending trial as a national security risk.
Old 08-03-2023, 04:44 PM   #337
Atocep
Coordinator

I was telling my wife yesterday that its absolutely insane that a former President was just indicted for a plot to overturn an election and it doesn't feel like it's a big deal.

Where we are in politics vs pre Trump is crazy and happened so fast.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 08:06 PM   #338
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Indictment number 4 officially coming next week:
The main street in front of Fulton County courthouse to shut down next week – WSB-TV Channel 2 - Atlanta
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:40 PM   #339
Galaril
Pro Starter

Trumps lawyer just admitted on Fox tv to his client committing the crime he is being charged with.
Old 08-04-2023, 04:15 AM   #340
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64
What does this mean? Isn't it normally someone gets indicted first, then trial, and then convicted?

You're absolutely right, and so is albionmoonlight's explanation. Wow was that an impressive mis-statement on my part
Old 08-04-2023, 03:54 PM   #341
RainMaker
General Manager

I had to try and overthrow the government because they're offering a tax rebate on which type of stove I buy.

Old 08-04-2023, 04:18 PM   #342
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

There's a weird disconnect. If he were to have said this in a private meeting that was secretly recorded, it would be a scandal.

But because he's proud of it, we treat it as a normal mainstream political position.
Old 08-04-2023, 04:52 PM   #343
Ksyrup

There's this odd convergence of the old conservative academic thought process that has merged with fantastical/religious "end of times" fringe political cosplay that is now threatening to become a legitimate mainstream position that it's time to reclaim the country or tear it all down. Scary shit.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-04-2023 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-04-2023, 04:55 PM   #344
PilotMan
Head Coach

Threatens? Eastman has gone from looney bin to rising star on the right.

Like Steam?

Old 08-04-2023, 04:59 PM   #345
RainMaker
General Manager

I can't tell if their brains are just mush now and they're buying into whatever shit Grandmas are screaming about on Facebook. Or if they are just fascists who are using some culture war issues as an excuse to implement authoritarian rule.
Old 08-04-2023, 05:06 PM   #346
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

who else here wants to be indicted
Old 08-05-2023, 10:04 AM   #347
Thomkal
Head Coach

We knew he wouldn't shut up:

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/s...44636175593474

Special Counsel already on it
Old 08-05-2023, 10:14 AM   #348
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
We knew he wouldn't shut up:

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/s...44636175593474

Special Counsel already on it

He should be behind bars.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 10:25 AM   #349
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
He should be behind bars.

That is the irony in all this. his supporters claim he is being targeted when in reality he is getting special treatment literally no one else on the planet would receive.
Old 08-05-2023, 10:46 AM   #350
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

he's all out crying like tantrum crying