Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2009, 06:40 AM   #901
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Man, 29 units was a tall order. Now we have to put up 32? That's just, well, nuts.

Patrolling ain't an option, so I'll just stick my one unit of work somewhere where it is needed.

The good news (I guess) is that we don't have a mission for people to go on instead, so this should be more straightforward.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:41 AM   #902
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry I havent been more active, this swine flue shit is killing me. not even an abnormal outbreak but NOOOOO CNN is on the scene. fuckers

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:36 AM   #903
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

32 isn't what makes this tough, what will really make this tough is whether or not we have enough people of each specialty to get the bonuses so we can cover everything. I haven't done the math but this one will be tight.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #904
RendeR
Coordinator

Searching isn't going to help anything so just let me know where to put my effort and I'll hop to it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #905
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WORK ON ORATORY
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #906
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
32 isn't what makes this tough, what will really make this tough is whether or not we have enough people of each specialty to get the bonuses so we can cover everything. I haven't done the math but this one will be tight.

The bright side is that at least if we fail we should be able to narrow down the culprit.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #907
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Needs:
Gladhandling – 8
Oratory – 8
Treasury – 8
Organization – 8

People:
Gladhandling - 3 (all at x3)
Oratory - 4 (2 at x3, 2 at x1)
Treasury - 6 (1 at x3, 5 at x1)
Organization - 4 (2 at x3, 2 at x1)

So that's 17 of 19. Although, I'm not sure if the treasurer is a x3 or x2 -- hopefully it's x3. BK, can you verify? I saw that someone else earlier was saying they shouldn't have revealed that they were x3, so maybe you shouldn't reveal yours, but I'm not sure that's exactly a villager friendly plan.

Abe -- does the person who gets lynched still have a chance to act? Also, can we vote no lynch?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #908
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Unfortunately I don't have the time now but I think it is critical for us to keep a running total on this one so that we can see where we stand and not allow an opening for confusion later.

I'll try to get back on around lunch time but I will put a place holder wofk action in since we lost path.

work treasury
Old 04-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #909
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I'm free!!!

I hope that whatever they did to me was their only action but would not be surprised if there was a conversion attempt. They want to get the numbers so the earlier they can bring more on board the better.

It's late so I will comment more on what happened today (not on my situation as I didn't learn anything different than what was posted here) sometime tomorrow when I am a little more awake.

I don't think that any more than one sympathiser went on the mission yesterday. They probably went after me once they saw that they could shut us out from winning the camp. In hindsight I wish that I hadn't revealed my multiplier initially (or only said 2x) but hindsight is 20/20.

I am still suspicious of those who wanted to overload the camp tasks on day one (when it was much easier to gain the camps with fewer work hours reqauired) which would have kept the numbers down on the mission. Just by the description of that mission it sounded as if it could have helped us (saving trapped workers sounds like a way to help convince the workers to sign with us). On the other side, anyone pushing for going on the mission today should be looked at, when that was completely selfish (or wolfish).

Going to get some sleep.

But after being arrested it's game on!!!!

Here's what I was referring to. Now that I realize it's EF, that puts a much different spin on that comment. Are you saying that if you had not revealed your multiplier, you think we would have won the camp, or that you personally would not have been arrested?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #910
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

I went into how I arrived at that assumption earlier -- it may or may not be correct, but it worked for me to put it there. Basically, path said that his skill was one that was mentioned before, but was not useful for any Day 1 activities. At the time he said that, the only skill that had been mentioned that were not useful on Day 1 was Food Distribution and Treasury. Once Lathum revealed as the third Food Distributor, I took a hunch that there couldn't more than three (we had eight skills, so I assumed four skills had two people each, and four skills had three people each). Now that everyone else has revealed, I think it looks more likely that he was the treasurer, since BK was the only other one. As I said earlier, he could have been lying, but why would he lie about that as a villager, and every other skill has two people, so why not treasurer?

I'll dig up the posts where I explained this yesterday morning when I get to work.

EF, the posts where I laid this out yesterday morning are 503 and 549.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #911
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Having the treasury skill I can disabuse anyone of the notion that it somehow relates to bribes.

Would you know that for certain? I was just thinking out loud on that one. Basically it was a what if notion... "what if the sympathisers gain money by doing in someone with treasury as a skill?"
Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #912
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF, the posts where I laid this out yesterday morning are 503 and 549.

I'll check them out later. Thanks. Didn't look back into your previous posts at that point, just path's.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:29 AM   #913
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here's what I was referring to. Now that I realize it's EF, that puts a much different spin on that comment. Are you saying that if you had not revealed your multiplier, you think we would have won the camp, or that you personally would not have been arrested?

I was thinking that if I hadn't revealed early with x3 maybe we would have placed more people on the camp tasks prior to the mission and then either if I got arrested (or one of the others who were x3 on food distribution did) it would have placed us in a better position.

It was more thinking out loud and late at night to boot. Hind sight is 20/20 so there would have been no way to know about the arrest.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #914
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

One last point which came to mind. More thinking out loud though to be honest.

I doubt that more than one sympathiser went on the mission yesterday, if that. That would make it too obvious. By putting me in prison they guarantee that we do not succeed and do not have to risk exposing a member by not working. They can act just like us and put the effort in without being noticed and knowing that it won't help us succeed.

We may want to look at anyone who flopped from doing the mission and onto working at camp. If they saw that the numbers were already going to be tight and this arrest was going to keep us just short they would want to hide among us.

There was flopping and if that held tru to the end (no flopping back) than I bet there was already one sympathiser on the mission and they didn't want to expose another.

As I said, just thinking out loud.

With that said I think my vote needs to be....

vote PurdueBrad

I think he was the one who flopped. If I am not remembering correctly I will change this when I read through the thread on lunch (or after work before the deadline).
Old 04-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #915
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Needs:
Gladhandling – 8
Oratory – 8
Treasury – 8
Organization – 8

People:
Gladhandling - 3 (all at x3)
Oratory - 4 (2 at x3, 2 at x1)
Treasury - 6 (1 at x3, 5 at x1)
Organization - 4 (2 at x3, 2 at x1)

So that's 17 of 19. Although, I'm not sure if the treasurer is a x3 or x2 -- hopefully it's x3. BK, can you verify? I saw that someone else earlier was saying they shouldn't have revealed that they were x3, so maybe you shouldn't reveal yours, but I'm not sure that's exactly a villager friendly plan.

Abe -- does the person who gets lynched still have a chance to act? Also, can we vote no lynch?

If the village would like to not vote, that's fine. There's no voting requirement.

Ousts and works are processed simutaneously so all work is completed by the one being ousted.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #916
TheNorm
Mascot

Alright, my hunting skill won't do much for tasks today so please just tell me where to go I'm needed...currently at work right now so I'll have to catch up on all of this after 4pm today.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #917
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
If the village would like to not vote, that's fine. There's no voting requirement.

Ousts and works are processed simutaneously so all work is completed by the one being ousted.

But -- can we vote no lynch? (that's a different question)
Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #918
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But -- can we vote no lynch? (that's a different question)

There is no voting requirement, so if you'd like to, sure.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #919
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
There is no voting requirement, so if you'd like to, sure.

Saying 'there is no voting requirement' is different from a 'no lynch' vote. No voting requirement means we don't have to vote, but if 8 people vote for Player X, and no one else votes, Player X dies. But generally, if 8 people vote for Player X, and everyone else votes No Lynch, no one dies.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #920
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So I guess what I'm asking is -- if we vote No Lynch, does that mean we're actually voting for there to be no lynch?

And -- is the person who is lynched able to work on the camps?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #921
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Work on Organization
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #922
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with EF that we may want to vote someone who flip flopped, I believe TheNorm did as well.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #923
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Abe- What happens to a persons item when they die?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #924
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Work on Treasury

Looks like that's where the most help will be needed.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #925
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Work on Gladhanding
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #926
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

That should cover us there (actually 9/8)
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #927
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Unsure where I'll vote today. Personally I think we're likely getting led by the nose from a few people.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #928
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am also gonna hold off on voting until someone with more time then I have can let us know where to go
Old 04-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #929
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Organizing looks a little low, so I'll help out there unless I'm needed elsewhere.

GO ORGANIZE

Since I'm not one of those big organizer types, I'm just x1.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #930
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, it looks like we need a couple one units on Oratory, so I'll try to fill that up next.

WORK ON ORATORY
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #931
Autumn
Head Coach

EagleFan, I had thought you were wrong about Purdue switching off, but you are right. He switched off the mission after nine others had committed to some form of work, including Poli and Render going on the mission. I'm not sure if that means anything or not. I'm not sure if the Sympathizers could have known already that they had the numbers they needed. Possibly, since we would have needed only one person on the mission in order to win despite EagleFan's arrest.

TheNorm switched off after getting a lot of pressure also. By that point it might have been much clearer that they had the numbers. Though I would think that they would be worried that Jackal, Poli and/or Render would switch off the mission. It certainly seemed a possibility. That makes me suspicious of those three.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #932
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, had I been around I would have switched off. When I volunteered for the mission I did so only because I thought the other stuff was covered. I'd much rather have won the camp than to have a gun.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #933
Autumn
Head Coach

Looking back at the timing, I revise my thought. EagleFan's arrest came 24 minutes after the mission deadline. That makes me think the Sympathizers had an action they could do anytime during the day, and they simply waited to make sure we had committed too many people to the mission. In that case it's certainly possible they allowed us to shoot ourselves in our own foot, with the searchers all being villagers.

The three searchers at least had some rationale for being the ones to go, though they all bothered me with how quickly they chose to go despite the spot it put us in. TheNorm and PurdueBrad made me suspect in that neither of them had any obvious reason to insist on going at all. TheNorm explained that somewhat with his skill, which makes sense to me. PurdueBrad I'm not clear on.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #934
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Well, had I been around I would have switched off. When I volunteered for the mission I did so only because I thought the other stuff was covered. I'd much rather have won the camp than to have a gun.

What made you think the other stuff was covered?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #935
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Just to put this out there, I find Autumn's push to ignore the mission highly suspect, the numbers do not support ignoring the mission at all. And after seeing how very important the mission was to the day 1 camp win I think there is no excuse to ever totally ignore the mission put before us.

As for who should go, I think perhaps since there are 3 of us with the specific searching skill that only those three should go, allowing the maximum people to work on the camps that have no direct usefulness doing a searching mission.

Thoughts?

RENDER JOINS THE MISSION

I'm working this mission angle since it's the only thing I've got right now. I looked back and recalled that Render had made me suspicious here. Not only jumping on the mission when it was already becoming clear that was going to be a problem. Both taking the opportunity to both throw suspicion at me and make it seem unpatriotic to not go on the mission. Given that this plays right into the Sympathizers' hands I wonder if this isn't a wolf play to 1) get another person on the mission, 2) make it a wolf, 3) encourage a line of thinking that will keep people on the mission and kill our chance at converting the camp, 4) Throw suspicion on a villager.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #936
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I can explain, like I did before. #1 Nothing about that mission, since it said "any player", read to me that searchers got a boost. #2 Items are going to be big in this game, I truly believe, since we all have a slot for it in our initial intro. #3 I agreed with Danny regarding screwing the camp that day because it seemed like too uphill a battle and #4 I felt that, knowing Abe's games, there were likely some very good items out there.

And yeah, with nine people on the camp already and me with a 1 point work unit thought I could be spared to try and find something (even admitted I was going to be selfish). But I gave in and worked and didn't bitch when asked to work on a different part (although not really asked, it was just put out there). If you look at my track record in games that have a mission component or activity component, I always try to enjoy the game dynamic and rarely follow the herd for the sake of following the herd. I believe the dynamic usually offers a nice reward of some type even with the risk (see our first mission that guaranteed we won the camp).
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #937
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
hey just came around and caught up

i think since i'm a searcher i should definitely go on the mission - but i'll be checking in beforehands to make sure it's not necessary for me to stay back and work on the camps

GO ON MISSION

Jackal made clear that he was willing to entertain shifting off the mission, but only it turned out if Poli and REnder were around to do the same. So take that or leave it.

However, Jackal joined the mission far after Render even, and I think at this point it was very clear that the mission was going to jeopardize our chance at the camps. I found it very odd that someone would jump on the mission at a point where weren't even sure we had enough numbers to cover the work at all.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #938
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
What made you think the other stuff was covered?
I had no idea it wouldn't be covered at the time. My actual thought process at the time was...I better jump on this mission or I'll hear about it later.

Who knew I'd hear about it because I actually went on it.

I think I was on somewhat earlyish in the day...and wasn't able to get back until after the result. If that makes me guilty, I guess that makes me guilty.

I had no idea we'd be in such trouble camp wise or I wouldn't have done it.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #939
Autumn
Head Coach

That's all I've dug up at this point. Hopefully it will get some discussion going. Poli went on the mission early and seemingly was away until after deadline. Not that that clears him, but there's nothing much to discuss there.

And indeed, as I said, it's possible these are all villagers and the Sympathizers simply took advantage of their actions. But I don't have another lead right now.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #940
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I had no idea it wouldn't be covered at the time. My actual thought process at the time was...I better jump on this mission or I'll hear about it later.

Who knew I'd hear about it because I actually went on it.

I think I was on somewhat earlyish in the day...and wasn't able to get back until after the result. If that makes me guilty, I guess that makes me guilty.

I had no idea we'd be in such trouble camp wise or I wouldn't have done it.

So are you saying that if you had been around half an hour before the mission deadline, you would have switched to working on the camps?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #941
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Having seen the situation, there's no doubt I would have switched out.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #942
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Having seen the situation, there's no doubt I would have switched out.

Why?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #943
Poli
FOFC Survivor

because we needed the manpower? Seems like that was a hot topic at the time. Had I known we needed the hours or whatever they're called, I know I would have helped out. I'll help out where ever I'm needed.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #944
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Scratches head. I kinda feel like I'm getting setup for something here.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #945
Autumn
Head Coach

Perry Mason is in the house.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #946
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

we want to win this camp today right?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #947
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

are we going to have enough people to do it? how worried are we about work-faking and actions by the symapthizers? what's our margin of error?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #948
Autumn
Head Coach

I think someone figured out we needed 17 workers to pull it off, including all the specialists. I haven't run my own numbers yet.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #949
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I guess what I'm asking is -- if we vote No Lynch, does that mean we're actually voting for there to be no lynch?

And -- is the person who is lynched able to work on the camps?

If No Oust wins then yes, no ousting would occur.

Yes

Old 04-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #950
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Abe- What happens to a persons item when they die?

An excellent question. There is no mechanic like last game where the first person to ask for them or something gets them. There is a mechanic in place, but it in behind the scenes.