Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2015, 09:15 AM   #51
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Great read. I always take an interest in FBCB because I think it is a fantastic game. Obviously, since I have 3 separate dynasties going on it myself. 😁

I hate when karma works that way. Leave a team, face that team in your first season at your new job, and get it handed to you. Just makes you wanna pull your hair out.

Great job, love the colored screen shots, will be following along with great interest

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:18 AM   #52
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Great read. I always take an interest in FBCB because I think it is a fantastic game. Obviously, since I have 3 separate dynasties going on it myself. 😁

I hate when karma works that way. Leave a team, face that team in your first season at your new job, and get it handed to you. Just makes you wanna pull your hair out.

Great job, love the colored screen shots, will be following along with great interest

Thanks. Hopefully I can turn this team around somehow.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:11 AM   #53
Izulde
Head Coach

Finally, FINALLY after 10 road games to start the year, continuing the Bucaneers' 12 game losing streak dating back to last season, we get to play at home!

Game 11: vs Gardner-Webb
This is how much we suck. A 40-49 loss. THERE ARE HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS BETTER THAN US!

Game 12: vs UNC-Asheville
At this point, I'm seeing if we can achieve a big fat 0 wins on the year. 53-83 blowout. KEEP IT UP, GUYS! Oh, BTW, these last two games? They've been conference ones. :P

Game 13: @ Radford
56-89 L. That 9 point defeat may be the closest we get to a win!

Game 14: @ High Point
Low points continue at High Point. 50-63.

A bunch of players cry about their lack of PT. PLEASE TRANSFER OUT, GUYS! Some guy gets academically suspended. We're #1 on the 2* recruit's list, who my scout swears is a Red/Yellow, but I think he looks better than that by the ratings, so we'll keep on keeping on at him.

Game 15: vs VMI
We beat a military school finally! ...Psych. 45-78 loss.

Game 16: vs Liberty
58-71 loss. I wonder what happened to the previous coach. Fired. But they gave him all 7 of this dynasty's seasons before sacking him.

Recruiting Rankings
2015 - 282 - 1 2*, 2 1*
2016 - 333 - 2 1*
2017 - 336 - 1 1*
2018 - 310 - 1 2*, 1 1*
2019 - 329 - 2 1*
2020 - 278 - 1 2*, 1 1*
2021 - 270 - 5 1*

Wow. Awful. Just absolutely terrible. And fuck him for leaving me with this steaming pile of 1* shitbags.

ON TO THE NO WINS SEASON!

Game 17: @ Winthrop
45-67. My scouts must be morons. Yellow and Orange current juniors my ass.

Game 18: @ Presbyterian
Our best shot at a win this whole year maybe. They only have 2 victories to their credit. BOO YEAH! 51-52 LOSS! Way to go, boys!!!! That's officially our 20th straight loss in a row, dating back to last year.

Game 19: vs Coastal Carolina
Thomkal rallies the Chanticleers from the state to beat us 68-73 and keep this futility going.

Game 20: vs High Point
Can we hit 0-20?!?! 51-60 says YEEEEEEES!!!!!!

Game 21: vs Radford
61-87! WTG, guys! Winless through January!!!

We were the only ones to offer him a scholarship, but it's still good to lock him up, and I think he'll be one of the better players on the court next year, color coding here aside.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:02 PM   #54
Izulde
Head Coach

Game 22: @ Liberty
54-74 loss, and the horror show trucks along.

Game 23: @ VMI
Our closest loss in a while - 61-73.

Game 24: vs Presbyterian
If we can lose to these guys, we have a reasonable shot at running the table. And we win 61-46. The dream is dead

Time to hit Sim Season.

We actually win our next game before starting a new losing streak.

End of the year, we're 2-27 (2-16)

Michigan State beats UConn.

We finish last in the conference, and aren't allowed in the Big South conference tournament. I'm damn happy to finally be in a one division conference, though. It's much cleaner that way.

A couple of our players make the Big South All-Freshman team. Both shot exactly 39.3%. What a damn joke.

The Changeover
Our prestige drops to 3, and our budget drops from $7,000 a month for recruiting to $6,750.

One of the butthurt players transfers. Good.

Code:
2022 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 80. Gardner Webb Big South C Graig Benedict *** 0 0 2 0 3 109. UNC Asheville Big South SF Robby Okeefe *** 0 0 1 0 2 191. Coastal Carolina Big South PG Jonathan Scales *** 0 0 1 0 2 192. Winthrop Big South PF Winfred Ginsberg *** 0 0 1 0 2 237. High Point Big South SG Greg Chavez *** 0 0 1 1 0 245. Liberty Big South C Richard Topping ** 0 0 0 2 1 260. Presbyterian Big South PG Terry Blair ** 0 0 0 1 2 262. Radford Big South PF Monroe Catalan *** 0 0 1 0 0 275. VMI Big South PF Jay Bojorquez ** 0 0 0 2 1 314. Charleston Southern Big South PG James McDonough ** 0 0 0 1 0

Meh. Whatever. He comes in as a Red/Yellow, but his 69 3 point shot is best on the team, and with B potential jump shot and 3 point shooting, both tops on the squad.

The guy who transferred was a walk-on, so no scholarships available for transfers.

Charleston Southern Recruiting
Missouri: 1

We have 5 scholarships available, and decide to target 5 guys who start off with High interest in us, offering to all of them before the evaluation results come back. When we're this bad a team, it's all about getting talent on board.

We revoke an offer of a Red/Red guy, and I'm not going to track recruiting battles for a while, simply because there's too many guys to go through, and we're talking about scrubs, mainly.

Two of our targets go elsewhere - Gardner-Webb and Vermont, respectively, but we do land one player in the first commitment period.

An undersized 4, but it's the first 3* recruit of this universe to ever join Charleston Southern, so we'll definitely take that.

The AI wants to put James McDonough 10th in the rotation, so we'll redshirt him, and let the kid develop.

We have 2 Yellows and 2 Oranges in the lineup now, and the Yellows are our senior starting backcourt. Since none of my recruits are in the rotation yet, I'll sim month by month.

November
3 games against Top 25 teams, and our fourth game was a home game against a P5 squad in Oregon State. 0-4, as you might expect. We also lose a PG to Eastern Kentucky.

December
We're again jammed up with road games. We have a grand total of 3 home games the first two months of the year. However, 2 conference wins late in the month have us at 2-2 in Big South play, already equaling last year's victory totals.

January
More losing, but we do pick up our 3rd win of the year, breaking last season's victory mark. We also pick up a guy that on paper looks like a massive steal for us, but I haven't evaluated him yet, so won't post his card until the end of the season.

February
We win 3 more games, which is enough to get us the 8th and final seed in the Big South tournament, where we upset #1 seed VMI in the first round. Sure we lose in the semi-finals, but that's okay. I've bought myself more time. We also grab another player who I haven't evaluated, but who I like the looks of. 7-24 (6-12) is our final record - our highest win total since 2020, when we won 8 games, 6 in Big South play. Already I'm doing better than the last guy. Low bar and all that.

March
A guy we were leading on all year long suddenly commits to Dayton at the last minute, but we finally get a look at the two gets we snagged.

An obvious redshirt, but perhaps a potential star in the making at the Big South level.

And then the major, major steal...

If he can end up staying eligible, he could be the greatest player ever to put on a Buccaneers jersey, and might be the first player to make the pros. Absolutely thrilled with this kid.

By the way, our biggest players right now getting meaningful minutes? 6'8, 225, 6'7,239, and 6'9, 227. So with these two pickups, we've massively boosted our future size.

Our last target goes to Louisiana-Monroe.

Changeover
Our prestige bumps up to 4 again with $7,000 a month for recruiting. Another player transfers out.

Code:
2023 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 201. Charleston Southern Big South C Edwin Lea *** 0 0 2 1 0 206. Coastal Carolina Big South PG Dion Stromberg *** 0 0 1 1 1 218. High Point Big South PF Gregg Bent *** 0 0 1 1 2 229. Winthrop Big South SG Jaime Green *** 0 0 1 0 0 237. Liberty Big South SG Jerry Nemeth *** 0 0 1 1 0 271. Radford Big South PF Harris Riggins ** 0 0 0 1 3 295. UNC Asheville Big South PF Nick Lilly ** 0 0 0 1 0 310. Gardner Webb Big South SG Noah Welborn ** 0 0 0 1 1 312. VMI Big South PG Ambroise Desreux * 0 0 0 0 4 314. Presbyterian Big South PF Lincoln Mathis ** 0 0 0 1 1

Yeah, yeah it's marginal #1 class in the conference. Don't care. Also don't care that everyone downgrades to Red/Green, Red/Yellow, Red/Yellow at first look. Or that Edwin Lea and Charles McEntire are major academic risks at 6 and 14 respectively.

3 slots for transfers, and I offer three guys who have Yellow potential, including a former 2* recruit who got 4.8 minutes a game at Iowa last season in his junior year.

Longwood and Penn steal the two freshmen we targeted, but we get..

His jump shot will be huge for us his last two seasons, or last year or whatever of eligibility.

Yeah, orange potential, but solid all around skillset. Walked on to Kansas last year and didn't play at all, so he transferred out.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:22 PM   #55
Izulde
Head Coach

So uh... bringing those transfers in was probably a mistake. It left us with no scholarships for this season. Guess we need to sort out our roster better.

Charleston Southern Recruiting
Alabama: 1
Missouri: 1
North Carolina: 1
Tennessee: 1

Holy crap.... we have 7 juniors, which means... yeah. Granted, one is a transfer, and two of them are redshirt juniors, but way to hose our class distribution.

John Mulder and Charles McEntire get redshirts. Because Edwin Lea is the 7th man, he won't be redshirted, and honestly he doesn't look that great now that he's in town anyway.

There's only a handful of green players in the Big South, and Winthrop has two of them. So I'm hoping we can be competitive with our Yellow and two Oranges in the lineup, though probably not.

Starting Lineup
James McDonough (RS Fr - R/Y)
Junior (R/Y)
Junior (O/Y)
Junior (O/Y)
Junior (Y/G)

Game 1: @ Georgia Tech
64-91 L.

Game 2: @ Murray State
69-70 loss. 14 points and a steal by James McDonough, who might be one of those guys who plays above his ratings.

Game 3: @ Clemson
65-84 defeat. As you can see, the AD is dicking us over again with our schedule.

Game 4: @ East Tennessee State
54-70 loss. 12 points for James McDonough

Game 5: @ Davidson
Another loss, 45-71.

Game 6: @ Eastern Carolina
55-64 loss.

Game 7: @ Detroit
FINALLY A GOD DAMNED WIN! 68-66. But it's all because of our frontcourt, really.

Game 8: @ Georgia
59-81. I'm starting to get why Charleston Southern is like the worst team in this universe. The AD keeps fucking up the schedule.

Game 9: @ College of Charleston
Frustrating 79-82 loss.

Game 10: @ UNC-Charlotte
46-63 downing.

Game 11: @ High Point
Yep. Not even the start of Big South play gives us a fucking break. 60-82 ass reaming. 6 points, 10 rebounds and a block off the bench for Edwin Lea, his first double digit anything.

Game 12: @ Radford
Will this shit never end? Happy with the 70-69 upset though, even if our freshmen were only modest contributors.

At least we *finally* start getting home games in January... but I swear, it's fucking PATHETIC that we keep getting slammed with 10 road games in non-con play.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #56
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Lol. I love how you just put junior ... junior ... junior ... for your starting lineup. Apparently your players aren't even important enough to be named.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:20 AM   #57
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Lol. I love how you just put junior ... junior ... junior ... for your starting lineup. Apparently your players aren't even important enough to be named.

They're not my recruits so I don't care about them. #badbasketballstepdad

Old 04-08-2015, 05:39 AM   #58
CraigSca
Pro Starter

But think of the money you guys save by having a series of uniforms with only the word "Junior" written on the back!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:17 PM   #59
Izulde
Head Coach

Game 13: vs #8 Kentucky
Are you fucking serious? 74-97 laugher.

Game 14: vs Coastal Carolina
Yay. 66-57 win, officially beating last year's total. My recruits are still only minor contributors, though.

Game 15: vs Presbyterian
An actual win streak! 62-55, and that's with one of our starters hurt.

Game 16: vs Winthrop
Tough loss, 71-75. 10 points, 5 boards off the bench by Edwin Lea in 14 minutes.

Game 17: @ Gardner-Webb
68-76 defeat. 15 points, 5 assists for James McDonough. Why do my dudes only do stuff in losses?

Game 18: @ UNC-Asheville
We lose 54-68.

Game 19: vs Liberty
Another loss, 72-79. 12 points for James McDonough. A player gets hurt, moving Edwin Lea up to 6th man.

Game 20: vs VMI
64-73. Same old, same old, with all my teams.

Game 21: @ Coastal Carolina
65-59 win to snap the losing streak. At least I'm not doing any worse than the previous guy? 11 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists for Edwin Lea, who is maybe starting to show flashes of something with more PT.

Game 22: @ Winthrop
57-62 loss despite 12 points and 2 steals by James McDonough.

Game 23: @ Presbyterian
And here's a 45-56 defeat. They've done surprisingly well at 7-6 in Big South play so far.

Game 24: vs UNC-Asheville
Lalala 53-70 drop.

Game 25: vs Gardner-Webb
This one's a loss of 68-79

Game 26: @ VMI
61-79 defeat, you say? Of course! 8 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block for Edwin Lea though - nice all-around game.

Game 27: @ Liberty
Enslaved by a 63-88 loss.

Game 28: vs High Point
We need this game to keep off the Big South floor. Predictably, we lose 49-58.

Game 29: vs Radford
Win, and we can clinch a non-last place finish. Lose, and we have to hope Coastal Carolina loses, too. Sigh. 63-77. Fortunately, the Chanticleers choke, too, thereby saving us.

No awards anywhere. Boo.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #60
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
But think of the money you guys save by having a series of uniforms with only the word "Junior" written on the back!

Yeah, we could just rotate them out!

Old 04-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #61
Izulde
Head Coach

Um, what? John Mulder has decided to transfer to another school this season. ASSHOLE! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE A BUILDING BLOCK!!!

Our coaching assistant retires. I don't care.

We can offer 9 scholarships. We have $7,000 a month recruiting budget.

Fuck me running... I'll worry about this crap later.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:02 AM   #62
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Just stopping by to say how much I am enjoying this dynasty thread. And also that I appreciate the fact I'm not the only one who can't figure out how to stop 10 game losing streaks to crap competition.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote