Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-03-2005, 02:22 PM   #1
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Law & Order: Trial By Jury

Series premiere is tonight with another episode Friday which will be it's regular time slot. I think this is one of the episodes with Jerry Orbach. Anyone else going to watch?

Last edited by TazFTW : 03-03-2005 at 02:36 PM.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

They need more Law and Orders.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #3
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Series premiere is tonight with another episode Friday which will be it's regular time slot. I think this is one of the episodes with Jerry Orbach.Anyone else going to watch?

i going to check it out..

i hear on the 4th or 5th episode there going to show a funeral for Jerry Orbach character.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Series premiere is tonight with another episode Friday which will be it's regular time slot. I think this is one of the episodes with Jerry Orbach.Anyone else going to watch?

I'll be checking it out as well. Seems like a decent idea for a show.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #5
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf

I agree. I do love the show, but I can't wait til "Law and Order: Settle out of Court".
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:49 PM   #6
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

NBC's schedule this week.

Sunday
L&O: CI, 8 p.m.
L&O, 9 p.m.
L&O: SVU, 10 p.m.

Tuesday

Wednesday
L&O, 10 p.m.

Thursday
L&O: Trial by Jury, 10 p.m.

Friday
L&O: SVU, 9 p.m.

Saturday
L&O, 8 p.m.
L&O: CI, 9 p.m.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:51 PM   #7
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
NBC's schedule this week.

Sunday
L&O, 9 p.m.

Tuesday

Wednesday
L&O, 10 p.m.

Thursday

Friday
L&O: SVU, 9 p.m.

Saturday
L&O, 8 p.m.
L&O: CI, 9 p.m.

The amazing part is that people will watch them.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:54 PM   #8
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Now add in the CSI's and you have 24-7 programming.

EDIT: You need to add in the L&O's on TNT and USA.

Last edited by gottimd : 03-03-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:14 PM   #9
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
The amazing part is that people will watch them.

Its easy too, if you have Tivo
Old 03-03-2005, 03:16 PM   #10
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Its easy too, if you have Tivo

Especially if you season pass it, with the repeat options on. In one day, you can have a marathon of your own in your "Now Playing" part of TiVo.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #11
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
I agree. I do love the show, but I can't wait til "Law and Order: Settle out of Court".

Law and Order: Traffic Enforcement Squad
Law and Order: Civil Trial Court
Law and Order: 27th Court of Appeals
Law and Order: Turnstile Jumping Unit
Law and Order: Abu-Gharib
Law and Order: Anti-Littering Task Force
Old 03-03-2005, 09:42 PM   #12
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Law and Order: Elevator Inspector's Unit

Quote:
Officer #1: "Hey, I think that button for the 2nd Floor isn't lighting up."
Officer #2: "I think I'm gonna' be sick!"
Old 03-04-2005, 12:09 AM   #13
Zē+
High School JV

Was it just me, or did Jerry Orback look pretty bad tonight? These were shot in the weeks leading up to his death, but he just didn't look right to me. Maybe it was because I know in hindsight that he's sick and will die soon, but he just really didn't look healthy at all.

It was sad when Jerry died a few months back, but I think I'll actually be sadder when "Lenny Briscoe" dies on the series. Hard to explain.

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Zē+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #14
JeeberD
General Manager

Yup, my girlfriend and I both agreed that he looked pretty bad...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:11 AM   #15
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Orbach did indeed look pretty bad.

Not too sure about the show yet.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:47 AM   #16
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Jerry looked bad, and had so much makeup on it made him look even worse. His voice was shot too.

As far as the show... It was a snoozer. Although the opening ...This is one of those trials. had me cracking up! Couldn't they come up with a better intro? The theme was pretty bad too. And they convicted him because he put some dogs to sleep??? WTF??? This was worse than either of the Crime & Punishment shows (tthe L&O reality show, and the one from '93 that should have just been called L&O: L.A.) I'll watch it until they do the funeral for Briscoe, then I'll bet it's: Law & Order: Canceled by Summer

I think the only thing worse than this could be Law & Order: Homosexual Discrimination Unit featuring you-know-who...
Old 03-04-2005, 02:59 AM   #17
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i hear Friday episode, Lenny voice is not loud, and it seems like he whispering in the hallway.

so they have all the characters whispering in the hallway too for that scene.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:26 AM   #18
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Not too sure about the show yet.

Yeah, that's how I feel too. It wasn't that great, but sometimes it takes shows a while to get their feet under them. I'll give it a few more shots, though.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #19
mhass
High School Varsity

I'm in favor of that defense attorney. She seemed . . . nice.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #20
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhass
I'm in favor of that defense attorney. She seemed . . . nice.

Annabella has always been... nice.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #21
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I've never been a Bebe Neuwirth fan, so I may have a hard time with this show.

It is sad to watch Jerry in these shows knowing he died shortly after filming them. You can really tell that his health is failing. At least we get to see how much dedication and love he had for his job and his craft.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #22
KevinNU7
College Starter

For whatever reason L&O is unwatchable unless it is SVU.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #23
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
Annabella has always been... nice.

Too bad she is not a regular. She was the only redeeming quality. I couldn't help but think "The DA has no idea whether this girl is dead or not, yet she is going to go ahead with this trial and use questionable ethics to get the conviction." I know this happens regularly, but it always turns my stomache.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #24
rkmsuf
Head Coach

What happens on the show?

Nothing.

Nothing? Then why am I watching?

Because it's on tv.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #25
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
Too bad she is not a regular. She was the only redeeming quality. I couldn't help but think "The DA has no idea whether this girl is dead or not, yet she is going to go ahead with this trial and use questionable ethics to get the conviction." I know this happens regularly, but it always turns my stomache.

i agree

the guy admitted to the defense Attorney what he did to that woman, and she still has to defend him. i guess money talks.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #26
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i agree

the guy admitted to the defense Attorney what he did to that woman, and she still has to defend him. i guess money talks.

Yeah, that part bothered me, too. I think most defense attorneys don't want to know. The other part was that they showed him admitting this. I like it much better when the show requires you take the information, and decide for yourself before revealing the truth in the end (or sometimes not even revealing the truth, but leave you guessing). The first L&O did that well early on, but none of the others have imho.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #27
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
Yeah, that part bothered me, too. I think most defense attorneys don't want to know. The other part was that they showed him admitting this. I like it much better when the show requires you take the information, and decide for yourself before revealing the truth in the end (or sometimes not even revealing the truth, but leave you guessing). The first L&O did that well early on, but none of the others have imho.

Shows like this one and CI skip the mystery of the case, give us the answer right away and then give us a look at the process. Personally, I find the process less interesting than the mystery. If I really cared about the process, I'd be watching the Discovery channel instead.

It was my understanding that defense attorneys never wanted to hear from their clients that they were guilty. If they don't know the truth, they can't be accused of suborning perjury.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #28
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I remember when comedies used to dominate the prime time ratings. Now it's all this drama, drama, crime, law, drama all wrapped up into like one show disguished over ever night.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #29
JasonC23
High School Varsity

"Joey" is still on, rkmsuf.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:33 PM   #30
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23
"Joey" is still on, rkmsuf.

Is it? That's amazing.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:42 PM   #31
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Jerry orbach we hardly knew ye.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:36 AM   #32
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

A better episode than the premier, but still not great.

Mr. Orbach will be greatly missed...
Old 03-05-2005, 07:33 AM   #33
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

I've only seen the premiere. I'll have to catch the second one off of the TiVo later on...

I remember some of the hype for the L&O:Crime & Punishment but I never saw one of it. How long was it on?

Almost every show seems to need a little bit of time to develop the depth needed to carry the show forward. L&O and L&O:SVU, and perhaps L&O:CI a little, actually seem like they are truly alternate realities at this point.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:26 AM   #34
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Report: NBC ditching 'Trial By Jury'

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- NBC is not expected to renew "Law & Order: Trial by Jury," which has struggled in the ratings since its midseason debut this year, sources said Thursday.

The fourth installment in the venerable "Law & Order" franchise, "Trial by Jury" is set during the trial of a crime. It stars "Cheers" alumna Bebe Neuwirth who plays a heroic assistant District Attorney.

As with all the networks, NBC declined to comment on any rumors regarding pickups or cancellations as decide the fate of new and returning shows ahead of next week's fall schedule presentations in New York. NBC kicks off the unveilings Monday with a session at Radio City Music Hall.

Among NBC's new series pickups are expected to be "E-Ring," the Pentagon-themed drama from Jerry Bruckheimer; "Fathom," about a mysterious deep-sea creature; and "Inconceivable," set at a fertility clinic. "Book of Daniel," a drama about an unconventional priest, had been a hot prospect to land on the fall schedule but is said to have cooled off considerably during the past few days.

On the comedy side, "My Name is Earl," about a low-rent crook making amends after winning the lottery, and "Thick and Thin," about a woman struggling to adjust to a new life after dropping a lot of weight, have emerged as NBC's frontrunners, sources said. Ensemble comedy "Four Kings," and "Filmore Middle," about teachers at a rundown school, are still in the running. Sources also say the ratings-challenged but critically embraced midseason comedy "The Office" is due to return.

Fox, which presents Thursday, was said to be getting closer to finalizing most of its new series pickups. Sources said the network had given the greenlight to "Bones," a drama about a forensic anthropologist and a potential companion piece to the network's hot new medical drama "House"; "Head Cases," about an odd-couple pair of lawyers; and the comedy "The War at Home," about parents struggling to keep their teenage children in line. Also considered a shoo-in for a pickup is "Reunion," a drama tracking the life span of a group of high school friends.

On the comedy side, the low-budget "Freebirds" has exceeded expectations and could be a contender. The hot comedy list at Fox is also said to include "Kitchen Confidential."

At ABC, the thriller "Invasion" and political soap"Commander-in-Chief" lead a file of drama hopefuls that includes at least two projects from "Lost"/"Alias" creator J.J. Abrams: "The Catch" and "What About Brian," which is rumored for a possible midseason order. Abrams' third drama pilot, "Pros and Cons," also is still in contention, along with "In Justice," possibly for midseason, and "The Night Stalker."

ABC's hot comedy list is said to include "Sons & Daughters," in addition to "Emily's Reasons Why Not," "Crumbs," "Hot Properties" and "Freddie."

The network is said to be considering putting six comedies for the fall schedule, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. and Fridays 8-10 p.m., ditching the Tuesday 9-10 p.m. block. Also speculated is a possible move of hot freshman drama "Lost" from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, followed possibly by "Night Stalker" at 10 p.m. "Invasion" is rumored as a Thursday 8 p.m. possibility.

CBS, always the toughest network to handicap, is said to be very high on the FBI-themed "Quantico" on the drama side along with "American Crime." The supernatural-themed "Threshold" and "Love Monkey" still in contention.

Comedies with a chance for a pickup are said to include "Flesh & Blood," "How I Met Your Mother," "Everything I Know About Men" and "Old Christine."

At UPN, the heatseekers are the Chris Rock-produced comedy "Everybody Hates Chris" and "Wingwoman."

At the WB Network, the drama to watch is "Supernatural." The dramas "Just Legal" and "Pepper Dennis" are still said to be very hot, though "Pepper Dennis" is looking at a midseason order to accommodate star Rebecca Romijn's commitment to the next "X-Men" movie.

The WB's comedy hot list is said to include "Twins," "Modern Men," "Misconception" and "Mindy and Brenda." On the drop list at the WB is the Lori Loughlin-led drama "Summerland."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:27 AM   #35
Ksyrup

Among NBC's new series pickups are expected to be ... "Fathom," NBC's attempt to jump on the Lost bandwagon..."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-13-2005, 08:39 AM   #36
QuikSand
lolzcat

I can't say that I'll really miss the show, but it has been fun seeing practically half the regular cast from The Wire pick up various cameo appearances there.

Alas -- I think Bebe Neuwirth didn't bring enough to the role - she is a fine actor, but does not connect as well as someone more emotive. I think this concept could have worked, but I'm not surprised that it really didn't here.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #37
Ksyrup

Never saw one episode of it. Of course, I'm watching less and less of the original and SVU as well. Not that I don't enjoy them when I watch, I just never really want to watch.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:23 AM   #38
JeeberD
General Manager

Best thing about that article is that I didn't see any reality shows mentioned. Are they finally on the inevitable downswing?

Old 05-13-2005, 11:06 AM   #39
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand

Alas -- I think Bebe Neuwirth didn't bring enough to the role - she is a fine actor, but does not connect as well as someone more emotive. I think this concept could have worked, but I'm not surprised that it really didn't here.

She was obviously the make-or-break character in the show, and she certainly didn't make it...

Did not like her performance AT ALL in this series.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #40
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
She was obviously the make-or-break character in the show, and she certainly didn't make it...

Did not like her performance AT ALL in this series.

me either...she exuded non-emotion or anger, somewhere between the two. Not good, and then her assistant reminded me of Xena's sidekick. Just crap.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #41
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

She actually kind of reminded me of a real prosecutor, but maybe that his part of her problem.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:12 PM   #42
Joe
Pro Starter

I really liked the SVU crossover episode with Trial By Jury a few weeks ago, but that's because it was a crossover episode. I haven't been watching this show other than that.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:14 PM   #43
amdaily
College Prospect

Anyone else think Fred Thompson should get his own Law and Order series to star in
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:43 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
She actually kind of reminded me of a real prosecutor, but maybe that his part of her problem.

Not that I have much experience, but she reminded me of a real prosecutor as well. I liked the show.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #45
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

From TVGuide.com

Quote:
STAY OF EXECUTION: Never underestimate the power of Dick Wolf, folks. Rumors are swirling that NBC may do any about-face and order 13 episodes of the axed Law & Order: Trial by Jury. Another scenario has TNT resurrecting the drama.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:55 PM   #46
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Thanks for the note!

Can't say I LOVED this show, but at this point its novelty warrants it getting DVR'ed on season pass!

~rpi-fan
Old 06-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #47
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Wow hadnt heard about the possible uncancellation. I enjoyed the show more than CI so I hope it comes back.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote