Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #51
Jack Raden
Mascot

Congrats indeed!

Jack Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #52
Cole
H.S. Freshman Team

Bah... gutted to make it so far and still come up short. Maybe next year will bring home the championship.

Congrats Syracuse.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #53
Ramzavail
College Starter

Can I wait until a prospective "franchise" player becomes a free agent before deeming him my "franchise" player?
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #54
Cole
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
Can I wait until a prospective "franchise" player becomes a free agent before deeming him my "franchise" player?

I can't answer for DC but I'm a bit confused,if the player is a free agent, he's no longer even on your team???
Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #55
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post

No. You need to franchise him before he becomes a free agent. Once he's a free agent, you can't franchise him anymore. And while you could franchise a player once you've inked him to a contract, you can't void his salary deal with a franchise deal, so it'd defeat the purpose. So in other words, you can franchise a guy now. Once we sim to the start of FA, you can't franchise a guy not on your roster.

Just think of it as the franchise tag in the NFL except in SLOP, their "deal" doesn't count against the cap.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-11-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #56
Cole
H.S. Freshman Team

Can you fully explain the franchise tag thing and how it works exactly? I want to be sure I have it straight before I go ahead with it.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #57
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Can you fully explain the franchise tag thing and how it works exactly? I want to be sure I have it straight before I go ahead with it.

The franchise tag works just like the legacy player rule did. Once you designate a guy as your franchise player, he gets extended to a 15-year contract that isn't counted for cap purposes. But it can't be used to wipe out an existing contract that's not a league minimum deal. So it's best used on a star player who is about to become a free agent. You could franchise a guy who you signed as a FA, but the Franchise years will be tacked on.

You can only have one franchise guy at any time. You can remove the tag from a guy after the season ends (e.g. he's no longer got good skills, etc.) and the player immediately becomes a free agent and you can resign him for at least one season.

Franchise players like Legacy players cannot be traded.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #58
chicago_gm
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
The franchise tag works just like the legacy player rule did. Once you designate a guy as your franchise player, he gets extended to a 15-year contract that isn't counted for cap purposes. But it can't be used to wipe out an existing contract that's not a league minimum deal. So it's best used on a star player who is about to become a free agent. You could franchise a guy who you signed as a FA, but the Franchise years will be tacked on.

You can only have one franchise guy at any time. You can remove the tag from a guy after the season ends (e.g. he's no longer got good skills, etc.) and the player immediately becomes a free agent and you can resign him for at least one season.

Franchise players like Legacy players cannot be traded.
I assume if you have a legacy player still active, then you cannot designate a franchise player. Correct?
Old 03-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago_gm View Post
I assume if you have a legacy player still active, then you cannot designate a franchise player. Correct?

No, we made the franchise player available immediately.

So, you can designate a franchise player while you have a LEGACY player. The original way the legacy rule worked, you could have had two at the same time if one was finishing his career and the other was starting his. So this is basically the same thing, since most are retiring or near there or just aren't useful anymore.