Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #251
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
What the hell is is posse...should i even ask or just shut up?

wondering that myself
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #252
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
It is. I have 5-5 right now.
you have him listed twice then
Old 12-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #253
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
you have him listed twice then
Listen I'm the first one to admit I make mistakes transcribing these things (much better recorder than transcriber), but I don't think I did here.

Dubb - saldana, dacman
Saldana - Grammaticus, dubb, mcsweeny, wvufan, Schmidty
Pennywise - Raiders
McSweeny - Blade
Raiders - SnDvls, Ardent, Barkeep49, penny, Taz

The first time penny is listed is because Raiders voted for him. The second time is because he's voting for raiders.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #254
kingfc22
Head Coach

doh! Guess I don't have to read through the thread now
Old 12-19-2005, 08:55 PM   #255
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Well that's the whole thing, isn't it? You didn't really say something indirectly you kinda shouted it. Why reveal yourself to the wolves when Saldana has 4 votes and you, at the time I believe, had 1 or 2? Further, being a posse member is no promise of innocence. Why out yourself at all knowing this?
Well, I didn't out myself...only to other members of the posse. You were the one who outed me to the rest of the group.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:55 PM   #256
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
and i will answer to this second

I dont even understand what he is talking about...i made my random vote on day one. RA switched, then King switched, King is dead, but when in the entire day was I about to go down that i would have needed anyone to move their votes off of me?!
I dont know what you think youre playing at grammaticus, but if this is the logic that you are using to call me a wolf, you need to hang out with Mr. Spock a little more, because this doesnt make a bit of sense to me.
You were in a neck to neck race for day one lynching before the votes started swinging towards St. Cronin. That is closer to going down than anyone other than St. Cronin, Barkeep and Dubb.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 12-19-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:55 PM   #257
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Rollin to bed. I'll see where this goes tomorrow morning.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #258
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Leaving my vote where it is. I have 3 suspects right now.

1. Saldana
2. Raiders Army

Obviously 1 and 2 are in a neck and neck run off. After that I have to think something is fishy with dacman. He's my number 3, but I'm starting to suspect RA more and more as I read this thread. I don't really have alot on Saldana other than him wanting my head.

EDIT: Typos

Last edited by dubb93 : 12-19-2005 at 09:05 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:08 PM   #259
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to leave my vote where it is. It almost has to be either RA or Saldana. And if it is Saldana I'm pretty sure dacman is one too. I'll let someone else break the tie.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:10 PM   #260
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I'm going to leave my vote where it is. It almost has to be either RA or Saldana. And if it is Saldana I'm pretty sure dacman is one too. I'll let someone else break the tie.
If last game taught me anything, it's that it could be both.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:15 PM   #261
dacman
College Benchwarmer

UNVOTE DUBB93

VOTE SALDANA
Old 12-19-2005, 10:42 PM   #262
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacman
UNVOTE DUBB93

VOTE SALDANA

Well, the tie is broken....
Old 12-19-2005, 11:27 PM   #263
Blade6119
Coordinator

im around if need be
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:46 AM   #264
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
You were in a neck to neck race for day one lynching before the votes started swinging towards St. Cronin. That is closer to going down than anyone other than St. Cronin, Barkeep and Dubb.

are you playing the same game as me...i had one vote from king that was an accident if you read his later post in which he unvotes me...the day ended with me having none, meanwhile votes were cast for 4 more DIFFERENT people after the one that was for me...i was never even close to getting lynched on day one...again, i have some issues with your logic and accusations.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:49 AM   #265
saldana
Pro Starter

i guess as an act of self preservation if nothing else, since i am sure that i am not a wolf, and am in fact a villager, despite what gramaticus's bizzaro counting system indicates to him i will have to

UNVOTE DUBB
VOTE RAIDERS ARMY
Old 12-20-2005, 12:54 AM   #266
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, with mcsweeney still not going to die, and it a two horse race, ill support the horse i think is more likely

Nothing personal raiders, but all the lynch votes for saldana are due to grammaticus saying he knew saldana was a wolf(and me adding the second vote starting the bandwagon). The comment he made above quoted by saldana makes me think he wasnt saying what everyone thinks hes saying

I have no idea what the hell the posse is, but it seems more then one say raiders isnt in it. Therefore, raiders seems a choice...im still not convinced, and am staying on mcsweeney for that reason, but its possible. I will say to barkeep consider who else might view your role and fight out about it. I dont know all the details, and therefore wont pick a side, but ya....i dont know whats happening. I know enough to think saldana is good, and that dubb's recent quietness scares me a little bit after i defended him so much earlier.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:58 AM   #267
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
i dont know whats happening. I know enough to think saldana is good, and that dubb's recent quietness scares me a little bit after i defended him so much earlier.

BAH, I'm not being overly quiet. You try and play werewolf, BBCF, and a brand spanking 2 day old Xbox 360 and see how you divide that time up
Old 12-20-2005, 01:03 AM   #268
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, since this will most likely be my last post before the deadline, i will make it an appeal to Blade, Schmidty, and Dubb(even though my vote has been on you all day), who have played many of these games with me. I am not going to beg (because that got me killed two games ago), but i am just going to ask you a single question that i would like you to consider before the deadline....what have i done even remotely wolfish? i came out this morning with what i thought, and others agreed, was a logical argument against dubb, which only time will tell if i was right or not. Gramaticus shows up, says, "saldana is a wolf" with no supporting evidence, and some completely flawed logic as the basis of his accusation. What have I done besides try to flush out a wolf and act in the interest of village?

and to Dacman, WFUFAN and Taz , you didnt vote for me all day, and changed without giving a reason, NO evidence is against me, dont buy into what other people are doing unless you believe it too.

Meanwhile, RA has acted to hurt the village, i still dont know what this posse thing is all about, but if others are in it and thought it would be a great advantage to us, having it exposed on the 2nd day is probably not a good play, and his "subtle" hint about it was anything but, and apparently has placed it in jeopardy.

i'm just asking for some logic here.

Last edited by saldana : 12-20-2005 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added WVUFAN and TAZs names, couldnt remember who all voted for me
Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 AM   #269
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
dola, since this will most likely be my last post before the deadline, i will make it an appeal to Blade, Schmidty, and Dubb(even though my vote has been on you all day), who have played many of these games with me. I am not going to beg (because that got me killed two games ago), but i am just going to ask you a single question that i would like you to consider before the deadline....what have i done even remotely wolfish? i came out this morning with what i thought, and others agreed, was a logical argument against dubb, which only time will tell if i was right or not. Gramaticus shows up, says, "saldana is a wolf" with no supporting evidence, and some completely flawed logic as the basis of his accusation. What have I done besides try to flush out a wolf and act in the interest of village?

and to Dacman, WFUFAN and Taz , you didnt vote for me all day, and changed without giving a reason, NO evidence is against me, dont buy into what other people are doing unless you believe it too.

Meanwhile, RA has acted to hurt the village, i still dont know what this posse thing is all about, but if others are in it and thought it would be a great advantage to us, having it exposed on the 2nd day is probably not a good play, and his "subtle" hint about it was anything but, and apparently has placed it in jeopardy.

i'm just asking for some logic here.

When the hell did dacman change his vote. That is suspecious as hell. Let me look, I must have missed it.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:09 AM   #270
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Uh, I never changed my vote. My only vote has been for Raiders Army.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:10 AM   #271
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman
UNVOTE DUBB93

VOTE SALDANA

OK man, I don't get you at all. You vote me yesterday and cite big words that even you don't know the true meaning of. Then you come and out vote WITH Saldana today against me. Then when Saldana gets in trouble, for no reason at all you vote him? WTF. This makes me suspect Saldana less, since as I said earlier, I really have nothing on him other than him wanting my head.

I also don't know what to make of Grammatic's play now that the day has moved on. At first I thought it was a hint of some sort, but he's foundered as the day has gone on to the point where he has no credibility with me.

UNVOTE SALDANA

VOTE DACMAN
Old 12-20-2005, 01:12 AM   #272
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Dacman, you have to atleast give a reason when you change your vote from voting with someone to voting for them. This just strikes me as a newbie trying everything he can to make sure an innocent gets lynched.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:13 AM   #273
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Uh, I never changed my vote. My only vote has been for Raiders Army.
well then ignore that entire thing, you are obviously a smart man

(i was reading back really quick and saw your name in the no vote yet line, thought it was the end of the line for me)
Old 12-20-2005, 01:13 AM   #274
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And Blade, I'm with you on McSweeney too. I think someone needs to take a good look at him. His play has been the strangest I've ever seen in a werewolf game other than RPI 2 games ago. He pleads newbie, when I know I've played in alot of games with him.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:31 AM   #275
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill be off to bed soon, and im still debating putting a vote on raiders to make sure saldana survives...i feel stronger hes good then raiders, as ive now deduced when grammaticus said he knew saldana was a wolf he was just exaggerating or is a wolf...I still think mcsweeney is my #1, and since i know nothing about this whole posse business im afriad to step into it and cast a deciding vote, but i think i may need to in the next 5 mins or so unless someone sways me otherwise
Demotivation
Old 12-20-2005, 01:49 AM   #276
saldana
Pro Starter

blade i dont know what else to offer you than my thanks if you help me stay out of the noose. its hard to counter argue when there isnt any argument against me. i am not sure about the whole posse thing either, but i am sure i am a villager.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:56 AM   #277
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
are you playing the same game as me...i had one vote from king that was an accident if you read his later post in which he unvotes me...the day ended with me having none, meanwhile votes were cast for 4 more DIFFERENT people after the one that was for me...i was never even close to getting lynched on day one...again, i have some issues with your logic and accusations.
Yep, you had a vote from King and Barkeep, St. Cronin and Dubb had 2 votes. That puts you within one vote of lynching. I would call that a neck in neck race. Out of a total of 16 people, you were one of 9 with votes and only one vote separated the field. That is in the race, period. Then you stuck up for the folks who did not vote.

Also, you are correct you ended the day without any votes, after Raiders Army started the swing. Guess the strategy worked for you.

Then, you push Dubb as a wolf because you say that Dubb started a bandwagon by being the first person to vote for a villager who already had one vote.

Bottom line is I would testify that Saldana is a wolf.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:30 AM   #278
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Well, I didn't out myself...only to other members of the posse. You were the one who outed me to the rest of the group.
No response to this, eh Barkeep?
Old 12-20-2005, 05:34 AM   #279
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
If last game taught me anything, it's that it could be both.
You are fools to listen to Barkeep.

Why would I put my neck in the noose if we're both wolves? It wouldn't make any sense to do that. saldana is already a prime suspect, and if he's a wolf (which I'm pretty sure he's not at this point) and I'm a wolf, why would I try to get myself lynched? That would mean you either:

a. lynch me today and him tomorrow
b. lynch him today and me tomorrow

That makes no sense whatsoever. I'm also not about to do a self-preservation vote because I'm pretty sure saldana is not a wolf.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:35 AM   #280
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh, and if I die by lynch today and it is revealed I am a villager, I am pointing the finger right now at Barkeep and Grammaticus.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:25 AM   #281
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
OK man, I don't get you at all.
It was late, I was tired. I should have been in bed--I didn't feel like explaining.

Quote:
You vote me yesterday
You were the only one doing any posting. I saw just trying to stir you up to see if you would say something wolfy.

Quote:
and cite big words that even you don't know the true meaning of.
I know the meaning of it perfectly well, but didn't want to come off sounding like a pompous ass when I explained.

Quote:
Then you come and out vote WITH Saldana today against me.
I didn't realize Saldana was voting the same as me, I just stuck with you for the same reason I voted for you last time. Hell, I was just being lazy to put it simply.

Quote:
Then when Saldana gets in trouble, for no reason at all you vote him? WTF.
You said yourself, if Saldana is a wolf, then I must be too. Well, I know I'm not a wolf, so I don't care to be associated with someone under so much suspection.

Quote:
This makes me suspect Saldana less, since as I said earlier, I really have nothing on him other than him wanting my head.
But you're perfectly willing to vote for me for the same reason?
Old 12-20-2005, 08:01 AM   #282
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Unvote Raiders Army

I'm starting to believe you.

Vote Barkeep.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:06 AM   #283
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Villager taking a break from toiling away in the fields. Not sure when I will be able to check back in prior to the deadline. May be able to pop in but not have time to post, so I am going to lay out some important information now.

The reason I am sure Saldana is a wolf, is because I witnessed him make the kill on night one. Problem is, he noticed me and is aware that I witnessed his vile act. Knowing that, he has undoubtedly let all the wolves know of this prior to day 2 posting. This means, throughout the day, the wolves knew that I witnessed the slaying and the villagers did not. Get what you can out of those posts.

Now I don’t know about RA, but he seems to be supporting the wolves. Don’t be fooled by his Eleventh hour shift to Saldana. Remember wolves know that Saldana was witnessed and will likely go down no matter what. So, a wolf switching votes to Saldana in order to cover yourself is a pretty smart move.

Take Saldana tonight, as he is a sure thing and remove him from the mix. RA should be the top dog or wolf for tomorrow. I may likely get slayed in the night, so I want to give you all that I can now.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:12 AM   #284
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
No response to this, eh Barkeep?
I didn't respond because I'm not, to be honest, as convinced of your guilt as Grammaticus is of saldanas. Getting into protracted arguments between two villagers is most likely to leave both of those villagers dead.

But to answer your question. Here's the thing about the Posse Raiders. The wolves might or might not know about it. If the wolves know about it, then what you did wasn't a sutble hint to fellow villagers, but instead a pointless role reveal. If, on the otherhand, none of the wolves are a member of the posse, something all of the members of the posse appear to be holding out as true as evidenced by not revealing to other players what the hell the posse is, then your remark was mostly innocent.

The problem I have, is that the way you phrased your remark would be a great line for a wolf posse member to use. Your line that I focused on, which when I was reading not so carefully the first time I did think was an innocent remark was

Quote:
I can tell you that I'm part of the posse to lynch the wolves, so I'm legit

The SO I'm legit is not true, because of the first part of the statement. You've admitted as much, I've said as much, and I believe that a third player has confirmed this as well. If you had said

Quote:
I can tell you that I'm part of the posse to lynch the wolves. As a villager...
Or something like that I'd like not have called you out.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:13 AM   #285
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I HATE IT when I type a long post out only to have it invalidated in the mean time. As I said before I knew Grammaticus was more sure. I suspected we were looking at a seer/witness and now I know for sure.

Unvote Raiders Army
Vote saldana
Old 12-20-2005, 08:21 AM   #286
SnDvls
Pro Starter

gotta go with the sure thing in the seer

UNVOTE RAIDERS ARMY
VOTE SALDANA
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:29 AM   #287
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Villager taking a break from toiling away in the fields. Not sure when I will be able to check back in prior to the deadline. May be able to pop in but not have time to post, so I am going to lay out some important information now.

The reason I am sure Saldana is a wolf, is because I witnessed him make the kill on night one. Problem is, he noticed me and is aware that I witnessed his vile act. Knowing that, he has undoubtedly let all the wolves know of this prior to day 2 posting. This means, throughout the day, the wolves knew that I witnessed the slaying and the villagers did not. Get what you can out of those posts.

Now I don’t know about RA, but he seems to be supporting the wolves. Don’t be fooled by his Eleventh hour shift to Saldana. Remember wolves know that Saldana was witnessed and will likely go down no matter what. So, a wolf switching votes to Saldana in order to cover yourself is a pretty smart move.

Take Saldana tonight, as he is a sure thing and remove him from the mix. RA should be the top dog or wolf for tomorrow. I may likely get slayed in the night, so I want to give you all that I can now.
Gotcha. Problem with me is that I'm in a catch-22 here. If I switch my vote, then I'm covering myself. If I don't switch my vote, I'm trying to save him. I'll do nothing at this point.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:31 AM   #288
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll try not to drink so much beer before posting in the game next time.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:32 AM   #289
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Double dola, I'll be out of the office for a meeting, so I'll check in around lunchtime to see what happens.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:57 AM   #290
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Glad to see there's been more activity today... and that everyone easily got votes in...

Still a half-hour to go, 10:30am EST deadline.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:49 AM   #291
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm back from my meeting and nobody was lynched!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:00 AM   #292
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm back from my meeting and nobody was lynched!

Sorry, got caught up with some stuff here at work.

Working on it right now!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:06 AM   #293
Poli
FOFC Survivor

So, it's past lynching time, eh?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #294
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dola, oh well. I hope we nail saldana (I don't have a vote count).
Old 12-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #295
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm pretty sure that is the end result
Old 12-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #296
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Saldana should be as good as gone.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #297
SnDvls
Pro Starter

OT- have the little green dots always been by our names?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:12 AM   #298
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
OT- have the little green dots always been by our names?

???
Old 12-20-2005, 10:12 AM   #299
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
???

you don't see a green dot next to your name in the post?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:14 AM   #300
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
you don't see a green dot next to your name in the post?

Nope... the only thing I can think of is that once you post in a thread, the envelope next to it on the main "Gen Discussion" page has a dot.