Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #3101
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post
Killer Bundle 3

$4.99 for 10 games including it.. 1 of the easiest buying decisions i ever made.

Thanks!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #3102
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Steam has got all Iceberg Interactive games on sale. Anything worth picking up at the sale price?
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #3103
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
Steam has got all Iceberg Interactive games on sale. Anything worth picking up at the sale price?

Stardrive 2 has been a fun 4x game.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:51 AM   #3104
muns
Pro Starter

I have been having a blast with Prison Architect. Steam has it for 5.99 which is 80% off.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:04 AM   #3105
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I have been having a blast with Prison Architect. Steam has it for 5.99 which is 80% off.

PA is the only exception I've made to me "no early access" policy and I don't regret it
Old 05-19-2015, 10:14 PM   #3106
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

What versions of Football Manager have been released on Steam? Just wondered. I am looking to get a newer version than I have, and let's just say mine is VERY old.

Does anyone sell their older versions anymore?

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:27 AM   #3107
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I have FM10-15, but 15 is the only version for sale on Steam currently:

Oh, if anyone wants a Shadowrun Returns key or it's sequel (Dragonfall: Director's Cut), let me know.. I have extra keys because I backed the hong kong
Old 05-20-2015, 12:38 AM   #3108
Izulde
Head Coach

I bit on that Killer Bundle 3 because I saw there was a little over an hour left and thought why not? For $5, even if I only play 1 or 2 of the games for a few hours, I'll have gotten my money's worth.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:52 AM   #3109
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdude View Post
What versions of Football Manager have been released on Steam? Just wondered. I am looking to get a newer version than I have, and let's just say mine is VERY old.

"Have been released" may not be the same thing as "is available"

I think I have 12-14 on Steam, but I dunno if you can buy any of those three currently. 15 might be it if you wanna buy a new one.

You can keep an eye on the various bundles, maybe. I know OOTP 14 was in one of them, maybe Sega will ante up an older FM for one.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #3110
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdude View Post

If you're patient, the newest FM will end up 2/3rds off before too long (probably the Summer Sale).
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:40 PM   #3111
PilotMan
Head Coach

For those of you who missed it Jim posted from the FB page that he was considering whether it would be worthwhile to participate in the Summer Sale. I think he was leaning toward doing it, but he isn't sure the extent of the coverage the game would receive in the sale.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #3112
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Been playing Prison Architect all weekend. Really great game and does not feel like what I'd expect from early access. $30 is fair, picking it up for $6 on sale was a steal.

Last edited by jeff061 : 05-25-2015 at 09:32 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:15 PM   #3113
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
For those of you who missed it Jim posted from the FB page that he was considering whether it would be worthwhile to participate in the Summer Sale. I think he was leaning toward doing it, but he isn't sure the extent of the coverage the game would receive in the sale.

Go for it.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:27 AM   #3114
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Desktop Dungeons.. how did I just learn about this awesome little game?
Old 06-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #3115
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Nice option here. Refunds on games now available.

Steam Is Now Offering Refunds
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:54 PM   #3116
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

wow that is a great change.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:08 PM   #3117
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Too lazy to click?

Quote:
Steam is finally getting a proper refund system. Starting today, users of Valve’s PC platform will be able to get a full refund on any game for any reason, provided it’s been less than 14 days since purchase and they’ve spent less than two hours playing.

If it really works that way in practice this will be fantastic.

Also
Quote:
We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

Go Valve go.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-02-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #3118
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Now THAT'S awesome!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #3119
chinaski
College Prospect

Anyone playing ARK: Survival Evolved? Been watching it on Twitch for a couple hours now and it looks pretty great. Another early access survival, but at least it has dinosaurs.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:06 PM   #3120
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

Nice.

edit: Heh, someone beat me to it. But awesome enough to post twice!

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 06-03-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:10 PM   #3121
bhlloy
Coordinator

Approaching national waste 40 dollars day, aka PCM release day. I do like the idea of be-a-cyclist mode this year, although I'm sure the AI will still be bad enought to make the mode less fun
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #3122
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

A great move by Valve, but probably an end to DRM-free games being sold on Steam.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #3123
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
A great move by Valve, but probably an end to DRM-free games being sold on Steam.

When the service is as good as what Steam provides, I don't care about DRM any more.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #3124
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
When the service is as good as what Steam provides, I don't care about DRM any more.

The problem isn't about anti-DRM arguments. Most older games released on steam are released without DRM. There are also developers that have insisted on not having DRM in their games (paradox games fall in this category IIRC).

Here's a list of DRM free games on steam right now.

List of DRM-free games - SteamWiki

As I said, It's a good move by valve but there's more to this than "yeah refunds!".
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:05 PM   #3125
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

How would DRM impact anything in regards to this? Why would this cause an increase? DRM or no DRM, Valve presumably is going to refund you. If game developers don't like it the answer would be to not sell on Steam, not add DRM.

Then again I don't know what DRM accomplishes in regards to anything. Certainly doesn't cut down on piracy. Just annoys the people that pay money. I suppose logic is irrelevant around this topic.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-04-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #3126
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think the point is that exactly - these games will either add DRM or be forced to stop selling on steam. Either one sucks for the consumer and dents Steam's niche of the one stop shop of the place for PC gaming and the place to get awesome indie games
Old 06-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #3127
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
How would DRM impact anything in regards to this? Why would this cause an increase? DRM or no DRM, Valve presumably is going to refund you. If game developers don't like it the answer would be to not sell on Steam, not add DRM.

Then again I don't know what DRM accomplishes in regards to anything. Certainly doesn't cut down on piracy. Just annoys the people that pay money. I suppose logic is irrelevant around this topic.

The fear seems to be that people will buy a game, download it and then get a refund from Steam. If the game doesn't have any DRM then they can keep the copy they downloaded from Steam after they get their money back.

I don't know why someone looking to pirate a game would go through the trouble of doing that when it would probably be even easier to just torrent the game.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #3128
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I think the point is that exactly - these games will either add DRM or be forced to stop selling on steam. Either one sucks for the consumer and dents Steam's niche of the one stop shop of the place for PC gaming and the place to get awesome indie games

If a developer is fine releasing their game with no DRM I don't see how this is the thing that makes them either change their mind an include it or lose the visibility of being on Steam.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #3129
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I don't know why someone looking to pirate a game would go through the trouble of doing that when it would probably be even easier to just torrent the game.

Torrenting takes like an hour or two to initially get familiar with, and requires a modicum of PC skillz. Those aren't very limiting factors, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's still tens of thousands of Steam users who might 'try out' piracy if it only came down to pressing a button and filling in a text box.

In between credit card fees and whatever model of transaction Steam uses I'd also imagine that someone would be getting boned if Steam returns became a preferred method of piracy.

All that aside, I personally love the idea. There's plenty of games I was excited about for weeks, only to play for half-an-hour and realize I was never going to play it again.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-04-2015 at 12:46 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #3130
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, I can sell someone a product that they can pirate and then get a no questions asked refund with a click of a button? Not going to do that. Interesting if Jim would chime in on this one...
Old 06-04-2015, 12:48 PM   #3131
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Torrenting takes like an hour or two to initially get familiar with, and requires a modicum of PC skillz. Those aren't very limiting factors, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's still tens of thousands of Steam users who might 'try out' piracy if it only came down to pressing a button and filling in a text box.

In between credit card fees and whatever model of transaction Steam uses I'd also imagine that someone would be getting boned if Steam returns became a preferred method of piracy.

I know how to torrent. It's pretty easy. I wouldn't know how to play a steam game that wasn't tied in with my steam account. Even if I made a copy of all the files before refunding.

And yeah, I agree the people that are going to steal are going to torrent. They aren't going through the steps of buying, refunding and doing whatever you need to do to keep playing after you refund.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #3132
mckerney
Coordinator

Steam controller is on sale for $50 and shipping in October.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #3133
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I know how to torrent. It's pretty easy. I wouldn't know how to play a steam game that wasn't tied in with my steam account. Even if I made a copy of all the files before refunding.

At the very least Steam offers a fast, reliable, virus-free download source. Even if you get the crack itself somewhere else, some folks might prefer to download a game from Steam if the full torrent were unreliable/unavailable/unpopular, for whatever reason. Crack-only downloads might become more popular as a result, which would in-turn increase Steam refunds as a source for piracy. Admittedly that's a hell of a stretch, but the Steam userbase is so massive that even tiny possibilities still present some concern.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-04-2015 at 01:10 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #3134
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
At the very least Steam offers a fast, reliable, virus-free download source. Even if you get the crack itself somewhere else, some folks might prefer to download a game from Steam if the full torrent were unreliable/unavailable/unpopular, for whatever reason. Crack-only downloads might become more popular as a result, which would in-turn increase Steam refunds as a source for piracy. Admittedly that's a hell of a stretch, but the Steam userbase is so massive that even tiny possibilities still present some concern.

From what the rules have been from the start it does not appear that this sort of this will be able to be anyone's preferred method of pirating games.

Quote:
Abuse
Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #3135
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Steam controller is on sale for $50 and shipping in October.

holy shit. this is a must buy for me but it seems like I also would have to buy the link. I actually wish this came sooner.

Also, I would have never guessed I could have played a game like Cities with a controller like that. Awesome that they chose that example.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #3136
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'll probably get get the controller to go along with the Alpha I got this spring.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:21 AM   #3137
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Steam Summer Sale widely rumored to be kicking off June 11
Old 06-05-2015, 07:00 AM   #3138
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
Steam Summer Sale widely rumored to be kicking off June 11
That's early isn't it. Normally isn't it around July 4th?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #3139
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
That's early isn't it. Normally isn't it around July 4th?

apparently that's pretty much right on schedule
Old 06-05-2015, 09:30 AM   #3140
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I don't know if I can handle a Steam sale. My backlog is beyond ridiculous, I haven't bought Witcher 3 yet, and with XCom 2, Fallout 4, and Total War: Warhammer, among others, on the horizon...

I haven't finished Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, haven't even really started Dragon Age: Inquisition... That's really just the tip of the iceberg.

Let's just say it's about 1,000x's more likely that George RR Martin finishes his series than I ever get through my game library.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #3141
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

FM 2015 is on sale for 16.99 and also free-to-play until sunday
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #3142
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
holy shit. this is a must buy for me but it seems like I also would have to buy the link. I actually wish this came sooner.

Also, I would have never guessed I could have played a game like Cities with a controller like that. Awesome that they chose that example.

I went ahead and ordered the controller but held off on the Link for now, though I'll probably end up picking one up. Looks like just the sort of thing I want for playing PC games on a TV.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #3143
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I don't know if I can handle a Steam sale. My backlog is beyond ridiculous, I haven't bought Witcher 3 yet, and with XCom 2, Fallout 4, and Total War: Warhammer, among others, on the horizon...

I haven't finished Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, haven't even really started Dragon Age: Inquisition... That's really just the tip of the iceberg.

Let's just say it's about 1,000x's more likely that George RR Martin finishes his series than I ever get through my game library.

I'm with you.. I haven't purchased a console game in a long time because I have so many steam pc games I need to play.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #3144
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

Not to mention that gog.com is having their summer sale right now so any impulse buys I might have will happen before the Steam sale.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #3145
tgray649
Mascot

any body else having trouble logging into steam today?
tgray649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #3146
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst View Post
FM 2015 is on sale for 16.99 and also free-to-play until sunday

Welp, there goes my FM 14 dynasty.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:56 PM   #3147
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

I'm still playing fm12 is fm15 worth the upgrade and a significant improvement?
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #3148
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgray649 View Post
any body else having trouble logging into steam today?

zNah

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #3149
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Anyone play Plague Inc. Evolved on EA?
Old 06-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #3150
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Anyone play Plague Inc. Evolved on EA?

I've had a lot of fun with it. Check out a let's play to see if it's for you. It's th sort of game where you'll gt your $10-15 worth. But th scenarios can seem somewhat similar after a while. You might only come back to play the game every few months.

Planet of the Apes
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote