Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #3201
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hi ntn! HOw are you doing now! I'm happy you have found comradessss. Smiting villainsssss?
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #3202
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

okay then, Thomkal, sssame question
Old 04-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #3203
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

CF We are doing our best. We havenot personally smote any, but my newly aquired comrades did before we were a team.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #3204
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

As an incentive to actually cast it I am fine with 125g CF. You will be rewarded for assisting the light.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #3205
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
okay then, Thomkal, sssame question

CF I'm finally ready to move on from this room on Monday, got a magical sword from the djinni sale so should be able to handle things a little better on this level of the dungeon-what's going on in your part of the dungeon?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #3206
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Ssstill in the painting room. My only way out wassss downdeeper and I didn't think I wasss ready. Waited for the djinni ssssale and that wassss almost a busssst if it weren't for that potion. Now i am more confident I can sssurvive.

You in level 3 yet?
Old 04-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #3207
Autumn
Head Coach

Thank you for keeping still, CF. It's made it so much easier to find you.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #3208
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Ssstill in the painting room. My only way out wassss downdeeper and I didn't think I wasss ready. Waited for the djinni ssssale and that wassss almost a busssst if it weren't for that potion. Now i am more confident I can sssurvive.

You in level 3 yet?

Oh yeah I COULD have gone through a guzzzzak hole and ssstayed on the ssame level, but didn't get the ssshrink sssspell. But I'm peachy with thisss outcome.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #3209
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Thank you for keeping still, CF. It's made it so much easier to find you.

glad to help. i like helping.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #3210
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Chief and Ragone,
We have opened the small chest, and there are some nice things held within.
3 darts of wounding (each hit for quite a bit) 200 gold a piece
a ring of memory (good for a spell caster to repeat a spell twice in a day)
and a recipe for a ring. ( if we run across the ring of Wraithform we need it.)

We would like the recipe since we may not use the darts or the ring,

In terms of your earlier question Ragone, We would like 100 gold since the ring of protection is worth 150.

I'm not sure who owns what in the chest, but I would be interested in buying the ring of memory if it's for sale.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #3211
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
As an incentive to actually cast it I am fine with 125g CF. You will be rewarded for assisting the light.

your contributionssss will go to a holy causssse...communion waferssss, holy water, that kind of thing....not toward another cadillac for myssslef i sssswear. And for your generosssity I will build a new wing on the church for the tabernacle choir and name it after you. You ssssshould come lissssten sometime. THey do a mean version of Phil Collinssss' "Ssssssusssssssssssudio"
Old 04-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #3212
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ummmm...huh...thanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I thought Abe should know, given how much effort he put into this game, that I had a Dungeon dream last night. And you were there, and you, and you ...

I dreamt that Abe announced that Dubb had seized control of the sphere of annihilation. Most of us were in the same area of dungeon and kind of stopped to look at each other in concern. Soon, lo, Dubb appeared, a roiling orb of nothingness at his beck and call. I prepared myself, sure the do-gooder would seek out those of evil with it, but he shocked me, and us all, but using it to destroy someone else, of good persuasion.

That was a bit of a relief, but I wasn't about to wait around to see if I was next. I made a run for it, and dived out of the dungeon room, rolling, and avoiding the sphere as Dubb sent it after me.

I made a break for it, but the problem was Dubb was shooting that sphere all over the place and slowly perforating the floor. As I ran off the floor finally collapsed under everybody, revealing a long, long dark drop below it. Abe's voice boomed over us all, explaining that while Dubb had the ability to fly (?) he couldn't do so and control the sphere at the same time. The sphere dropped away, as did the rest of you, and it was only Dubb and I left.

This was an uneasy situation. We quickly encountered a monster, which we dispatched together, but the fight left me with half a hit point. I asked for Dubb to heal me, but he refused, still stuck on our alignment differences. We debated the topic heavily, moving through the dungeon as we did. I didn't dare enter any rooms or trigger any traps in my precarious situation. But in my preoccupation with arguing with Dubb about healing I did trigger something.

"It's because of this stupid mouse," I complained, revealing myself as only a player in a video game, I guess. But my step triggered a sort of holographic vision to appear in front of me. The vision was a black and white movie starring Clark Gable, of people on a ship which they proudly proclaimed was called "The Monte Cristo!"

I had no chance to breathe a sigh of relief. When the vision disappeared we were suddenly surrounded by snarling warriors, some kind of orcs it seemed at first glance. We were both totally outnumbered, but prepared for a final battle to our deaths. As I contemplated the fact that a single hit would kill me though, I decided it was worth a different try. As we both prepared to scream out our battle cry, I instead blurted out, "Welcome!"

The group suddenly relaxed, and with this cry of welcome we both realized that this was a group of elves, not orcs. And that they were waiting expectantly for something more ...

"Welcome to the Monte Cristo!" I said, and everyone rejoiced. Particularly me. We were led by the elves to a rolling land of green and blue water, a sort of elven paradise.

And there my tale ends. Dubb, I hope you have learned something from it. And Abe, that you are happy to have saturated my brain with this game to such a disturbing extent.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #3213
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

You in level 3 yet?

I'd like to keep my location somewhat vague since it will be 1 vs 4 ghouls if they find.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #3214
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I'd like to keep my location somewhat vague since it will be 1 vs 4 ghouls if they find.

Would be happy to have you join our band if you are able to catch up ... don't know if you have been tracking our movements or not to close in but at one point you were pretty close by.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #3215
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I'm not sure who owns what in the chest, but I would be interested in buying the ring of memory if it's for sale.

We would imagine that either CR or ragone are gonna get it
Old 04-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #3216
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
We would imagine that either CR or ragone are gonna get it

I agree.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #3217
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Would be happy to have you join our band if you are able to catch up ... don't know if you have been tracking our movements or not to close in but at one point you were pretty close by.

Thanks hoops. I was at the bat cave and went the direction you guys did apparently but ended up in a room (the alchemist) where you had not been, so not sure how close I actually am to you.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #3218
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alchemist - I think we saw an Astrologer, but not an Alchemist. But memory might be spotty on this point ... will let one of the others chime in.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #3219
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I really think meeting up with other people is going to be all random and luck from here on out. Thissss includesss the ghoulies. Although Autumn jussst gave away that they can sssmell people from other roomsss to tell them which way to go. (Thanksss for the Autumn)
We ssstill don't know where each other are simply because we haven't been to thessse other rooms.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #3220
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think perhapssss that they stayed split into 2 groupsss of 2 . They could cover more ground that way. Unlesss of coursssse they were ssscared of hoops/danny/jackal group.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #3221
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Ntn, i agree to your price for the ring of protection. We need to be as geared and ready as possible for whatever slimy things crawl our way.

I think we would be better served with the ring of memory on the finger of our healer.. 2 heals a day is better then 2 missiles a day..

Black market
Give Ntndeacon 100 gold
Take Ring of protection
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 AM   #3222
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
Ntn, i agree to your price for the ring of protection. We need to be as geared and ready as possible for whatever slimy things crawl our way.

I think we would be better served with the ring of memory on the finger of our healer.. 2 heals a day is better then 2 missiles a day..

Black market
Give Ntndeacon 100 gold
Take Ring of protection

Black market
take 100 gold
give Ragone Ring of protection

Do you want the Darts then or should we sell them.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #3223
Ragone
Pro Rookie

i'd sell them honestly..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #3224
Danny
Head Coach

Honestly Thomkal, if you find us, we would all probably be best off splitting into two groups of 2. I dont think we can keep up with one group of 4. As it is, a group of 3 is tough, though with the ghouls looming out there isnt a bad idea. Personally Id be willing to go to a two man team with only Jackal.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #3225
Danny
Head Coach

Or only Thomkal, either way as I think the best groups would be hoops in one, me in one with jackal and thomkal with one of the two.

Trying to be honest here. Even though Hoops is technically more a of a tank, due to my spell, I think we are about equal in that regard.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #3226
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Alchemist - I think we saw an Astrologer, but not an Alchemist. But memory might be spotty on this point ... will let one of the others chime in.

Yes, it was an astrologer, I am 100% sure of this
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #3227
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Thankfully my staff is now upgraded. It sssssounds like CF when it kilssss thingssss.

Thats good, that will help. So what does everyone thing, stay on this level for one more day before moving to the next level? I guess if we keep pushing it we can maintain a group of 3.

Hoops criticized me for my motives and being "good", but being good is me winning this dungeon and restoring some pride and respect to my people and using the riches to rebuild our home land.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #3228
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Yes, it was an astrologer, I am 100% sure of this

I went back and looked just to make sure I had it correct and I do-an alchemist in a alchemist lab with bottles and equipment and such.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #3229
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Or only Thomkal, either way as I think the best groups would be hoops in one, me in one with jackal and thomkal with one of the two.

Trying to be honest here. Even though Hoops is technically more a of a tank, due to my spell, I think we are about equal in that regard.

Pretty much a moot point right now until/if we meet up. I am a neutral Qwith Ranger, so from a roleplaying sense I don't much care who I work with as long as they don't try to screw me over. Four people would be tough because that would mean less treasure for each of us. I'm kinda used to getting everything because I've been all by myself here.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #3230
hoopsguy
General Manager

How many levels of dark bricks are there? I think that would go into my thinking of how fast we push ahead.

We have benefited from not having to spend a single night licking our wounds in a room - every time we've pushed forward to a new room. I'm guessing that has allowed us to at least amass gear that meets/exceeds most of the folks in the dungeon. From an XP perspective, I think we are doing OK although I'm not quite sure how to judge this.

Last room we would probably have been fine with me + either of the other two in a party rather than three. Danny, your posts suggest that you are equal to me as a tank, but I don't think you can deliver the same kind of damage. That is only going to be magnified as we move down further levels. You are also assuming that all your mirror images go before you every time - if that is how the spell works, then maybe. But if there is a chance that you get attacked first then definitely not.

If you want to split, either on your own or with Jackal, be my guest. I think that would only be positive from my perspective in terms of weakening two competitors.

Finally, on the darker bricks topic - my gut says one more day on this level before moving onto the next set of bricks. We don't know if we got an easy/hard encounter relative to this level. It wasn't the hardest, or we would probably have gotten a message from the sprites telling us so.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #3231
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh yeah that's what I forgot to say during our leveling conversssation, hooopsssss. It would be neat to ssssee what level people were when they died.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-15-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #3232
Danny
Head Coach

My images always get hit first. I can also sleep a second target and thus more efficiently tank two targets. Your damage is only marginally better than mine. Hopefully I can get some spells to change that. I think there are five total levels of bricks

Quote:
How many levels of dark bricks are there? I think that would go into my thinking of how fast we push ahead.

We have benefited from not having to spend a single night licking our wounds in a room - every time we've pushed forward to a new room. I'm guessing that has allowed us to at least amass gear that meets/exceeds most of the folks in the dungeon. From an XP perspective, I think we are doing OK although I'm not quite sure how to judge this.

Last room we would probably have been fine with me + either of the other two in a party rather than three. Danny, your posts suggest that you are equal to me as a tank, but I don't think you can deliver the same kind of damage. That is only going to be magnified as we move down further levels. You are also assuming that all your mirror images go before you every time - if that is how the spell works, then maybe. But if there is a chance that you get attacked first then definitely not.

If you want to split, either on your own or with Jackal, be my guest. I think that would only be positive from my perspective in terms of weakening two competitors.

Finally, on the darker bricks topic - my gut says one more day on this level before moving onto the next set of bricks. We don't know if we got an easy/hard encounter relative to this level. It wasn't the hardest, or we would probably have gotten a message from the sprites telling us so.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #3233
Danny
Head Coach

We can stick with the three, we just really have to push it hard as far as advancing into bricks. And its safe vs the ghouls cause right now any two of us probably die to 4 ghouls.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #3234
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You really think you three would die to 4 ghoulssss? I have faith in you to win!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #3235
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't think Sleep is going to be that effective as we descend into further levels of bricks. My gut says this will be the last level that you benefit from it.

If there are five levels of bricks, I would think that soloing those would be something along the lines of:
1st - Levels 1
2nd - Levels 2-3
3rd - Levels 4-5
4th - Levels 6-7
5th - Levels 8-9

If in parties, you can probably up the ante a bit in terms of taking on tougher stuff. So I would think that we could go to the next level of bricks if/when we are all Level 5 and feel pretty confident. But I'm less confident about doing that if spellcasters don't have at least one level 3 spell to back them up.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #3236
The Jackal
Coordinator

I would think we can stay on this level for at least one more day.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #3237
hoopsguy
General Manager

Damage argument - I'm going to get better at hitting with each level. You are not. In terms of melee damage, I'm going to have access to weapons that deliver more damage than yours do, although you might get a wand at some point that allows you to keep up.

Tank argument - I'm going to have access to better armor than you are, which will make me harder to hit. My heal ability will allow greater recovery as I gain higher levels. I can understand your argument at Level 3, but it isn't going to be close in terms of absorbing damage, when we are talking about higher levels, unless you are planning on Stoneskin for your Level 3 spell. Even then, you'll be very susceptible to Dispel Magic, something that you don't need to worry about with a fighter.

Don't get me wrong - I'm delighted to have you tank for our party. Risk on you, and I just get to take free shots at our foes. If I had the option, I would steer foes to you instead of me in battles. I've asked Abe about this I just think that your logic is strange.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #3238
The Jackal
Coordinator

The drunken harp is fully ready to admit that he is not a tank.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #3239
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

ABE- Just making sure I didn't miss anything. Did you end up seeing JAG's PM regarding our evening actions from Friday? Thx!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #3240
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Nights done, see ya Monday monring

Old 04-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #3241
hoopsguy
General Manager

BLACK MARKET
ACCEPT 2 TORCHES FROM DANNY
ACCEPT 2 MEALS FROM DANNY
Old 04-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #3242
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Does anybody else pronounce the tandem of PurdueBrad and jag like Peanut Butter and Jelly? Now it's time to process PB & J. I'm hungry for PB & J. PB & J really hit the spot!

Old 04-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #3243
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Black market
take 100 gold
give Ragone Ring of protection

Do you want the Darts then or should we sell them.

Done

Old 04-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #3244
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Does anybody else pronounce the tandem of PurdueBrad and jag like Peanut Butter and Jelly? Now it's time to process PB & J. I'm hungry for PB & J. PB & J really hit the spot!

That's funny, shame some other party took the name.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #3245
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Does anyone still have a Scroll of Floating Disk?

PB, is the weapon useful for you or is it trade fodder?
Old 04-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #3246
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

It's a great weapon and I could use it but I prefer the sword still. The plus three that's on it is really nice. I think you could/should be able to do something good with it and, just a guess, because it's a +3 I have a feeling it is part of a recipe.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #3247
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

HA, nice observation on the name Abe. Definitely would've been more fitting for us!

JAG, what do you want to do w/ our morning action? I took 2 of those extra weapons btw because they are what I picked for my specialization when I made 5'th level before.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #3248
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I would like to point out I was the first one to comment that PurdueBrad and PeanutButter were synonymous. I missed the Jag jelly however.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #3249
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Where my partners at?? Whats in the cards for you fellows on Monday morning?
I did a search of the room we were in friday afternoon, but no luck. I guess I am going to need to use that tentacle to help afford some food/torches at the djinni sale monday afternoon, if you guys want me to sell some stuff for you and get you some things while you take other actions in whatever our new room is, I can do that.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #3250
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Morning action I think we should check out another barrow and then maybe we should explore a new room come movement time.